Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:32:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How I lost my coin.  (Read 1060 times)
5thFear

Activity: 1260
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2018, 04:05:54 PM

I got scammed but that was before entering in cryptocurrency, i lost around 25k usd worth amount to a HYIP scam and there is nothing that i could have done. So i think scams are part of the life and one has to go through these kind of things in one industry or other.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aalborg

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 04:13:14 PM

i faced similar situation with MEW hack, but at the same time it is a lesson for me and I am happy to lose not that much money,because it was my main wallet and i was ready to store more money there.
Keep in safety your private keys!
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 06:54:06 AM

I have lost Hugh amount of bitcoin, and I believe some person's here too have gone through same. Can we please share our experience and lessons.

My story :My wallet was hacked, by God knows who. That was 2017 may. I logged in to my blockchain wallet to notice that 0.9  btc I have been accumulating Since 2016 has been taken. Leaving less than $5 worth of bitcoin for me.
Well, sorry for your loss, but that is the kind of loss that came about as a security mistake on your part as it is either you are dumb enough to trust someone with your private keys or you were simply just careless with the security of your funds. However, shit happens and that is one thing I am sure you must have learned your lessons from. Also, remember to always make use of added securities and make use of cold storage if you are really holding for long.

My lesson :  don't trust anyone with your crypto, laptop or password. Because I believe someone close to me did that.
When your dear and near people are not trust worthy, practically you cannot do anything. But, if you are working in some office and you manage your wallets from your work place and probably you have left your things opened which is also possible as per many people's experience. Being careful and having more awareness are always important in crypto world.
healthyfirework

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 10:28:05 AM

losing a coin is a carelessness of yourself. if you don't know the basis of this coin investment, maybe you will lose more coins, continue and continue. all you have to do as a beginner is to learn what trading first. then look at the opportunities that exist and run.
HauntOne

Activity: 177
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 10:31:19 AM

Yes there are hackers.  You can lose it by simply forgetting the password, which happened to me and the etherium flew away to the lap

▬▬  The FASTEST and MOST SECURE Token Exchange  ▬▬  https://ico.ethershift.co  ▬▬
dodziu

Activity: 473
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 10:44:14 AM

I think you lost your coin as a result of your own carelessness and you have learnt a lesson to always be careful with your private information and not to disclose your information to a third party and also clicking on phishing sites. You can also lose your coin if you are not careful with exchanges you send them to. Take time to find appropriate wallet and exchange for the coin.
cryptonata18

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 10:52:46 AM

In general, many advise to create a cold wallet separately, quite on another computer. And of course, do not tell anyone about it! Even to family and close people.
Ironmaiden

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 10:57:54 AM

In general, many advise to create a cold wallet separately, quite on another computer. And of course, do not tell anyone about it! Even to family and close people.
But you never trust anyone about your bitcoin balance, you keep your blockchain data account safe for yourself, you can save it using your manual data or you write in your notebook. Never give others about your blockchain data because bitcoins have a higher price and get everyone to steal your bitcoin balance. Next time never give any of your incoming data and save for yourself.
mrkimlee88

Activity: 27

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 11:02:50 AM

It is because of your careless.
weblaraveluser

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 11:03:44 AM

Yes you should always keep your wallet by your self but if someday you want to start another life that is not related to cryptocurrency then maybe you can share it to your family in order for them to keep your wallet just in case you forgot about your password.
pokxon

Activity: 490
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2018, 11:07:58 AM

It is true that only God knows who does it. If you keep your password in a place where no one else is known, the person who logs into your wallet may only be the one closest to you. If that's wrong then I can just say that your wallet has been invaded by the wallet founder.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  Guider.travel  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pulafripta

Activity: 132

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 11:08:41 AM

i also lost ethereum from my wallet. One day a few months ago i woke up and checked my balance and there was no more ethereum just tokens. i dont know who did it  or how. i never showd my private key to nobody.
Jhonkar

Activity: 522
Merit: 13

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 12:38:48 PM

sorry to hear this. wallet security is really important,. I am on one lost my private key. some things can be a painful experience.
fortelen

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 01:43:04 PM

Really really sorry to know that. I myself fortunately never lost my coins because of hackers. Hopefully, Never and Never. I think that many hackers right now are very smart to see the small hole and then steal our coins. Just be more and more careful in this situation. I also do agree with you not to trust anyone in crypto.

whitepaper[large]DataBloc [/large]| website
The Airbnb of Data Services

[small]Twitter | YouTube | Telegram | Facebook | LinkedIn | Reddit[/small]
enawati

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

https://adonx.one

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 08:07:05 AM

I also been hacked but just small amount about $100, this is hapening because my device is did not use anti virus and i was clik suspicious link. And learn from this , i think we should be use clean device whenever we are log in to wallet account.

caneraydin123

Activity: 574
Merit: 34

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 08:25:29 AM

It's so sad. Many people are having this problem. Most people are being cheated, private key is losing, he's losing all his money like this. You need to be more careful. Because there is no redress for mistakes here. The best way to back up all of your information. I hope more people will not have this problem. I'm sorry for the money you lost.
Skortish

Activity: 89

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2018, 01:29:49 PM

I ones had a problem where i lost some of my coin.
In the process of completing my wallet transaction, had a poor network nd network glitch, my coin disappeared, later got some back but almost half of it eventually got lost.
mirgo1791

Activity: 1022

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2018, 01:53:27 PM

different works on returns of displacement as programmer of software and online tools of utility application might notice of records of information with the customs on running modulation to involves with selection of function of library as referring commands to returns with relatives on limit of level with the risks and security as requesting of more on appeals as users of computer has with distinct on personal strategics as applying presettled initials of preference on defending threat on disposals as the live connection of online networking to leaves with chance on pirates to take over the system and details of contains as the file on loads with the hard drive of storage with the computer.

💌💌💌💌💌        DO NEAR - GAMES ARE LOVE         💌💌💌💌💌
Iamaslisumit

Activity: 137

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 01:55:34 PM

I lost about 1000$ actually it's all my fault I accidentally click on suspicious link and lost my hard earned money.  Sad
whofeelsitknowsit

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 01:58:04 PM

I made the mistake of sending 5 ETH to a random scammer, thinking I was investing in the Iagon ICO presale.  I accidentally stumbled upon a fake telegram group, and the "admin" personally gave me instructions on how to participate in the presale.  There was a fake medium post, which looked real -- I should have been more careful.  Live and learn.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: