Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 12:26:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]🌀 Blur Network(BLUR) 🌀 | PoW Cryptonight-Dynamic | CPU/Solo Mining | DPoW  (Read 41214 times)
blurnetwork (OP)

Activity: 209
Merit: 9

The Blur Network

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2018, 12:40:17 AM

Lol, I hope some of that is explained clearly enough Smiley thanks for the great question.   

Edit: Oh, and in regards to the pools: currently, we are not "Pool-resistant"... Just incompatible with the pool software that is for generic cryptonote coins.  I think that avoiding the pools may be an exercise that is simply not worth pursuing down the line... as I said, its merely a positive byproduct of the algo change.
luksbit

Activity: 1204
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 12:52:25 AM

Besides mining with CPU, can it be mined with AMD GPU or NVidia? In no way will it be possible to trace the transaction, thus ensuring privacy?
blurnetwork (OP)

The Blur Network

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2018, 02:13:37 AM

Besides mining with CPU, can it be mined with AMD GPU or NVidia? In no way will it be possible to trace the transaction, thus ensuring privacy?

Please see Legal (Terms of Use) on our website and the license on github.  We can't guarantee any of our technologies' functions.  Bugs are possible, and privacy could be rendered non-existent by a bug or the price driven to zero for the same reason, at any time.  This is experimental software, just the same as Monero.  We are pursuing the scientific goal of these features. But, at the end of the day, neither Blur Network nor monero can guarantee error-free code
blurnetwork (OP)

The Blur Network

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2018, 02:19:01 AM

In regard to GPU mining, please read the post above yours.  I address that exact topic, to the best of my knowledge.

Before elaborating on the code, I would like to note that in its current state this code could be optimized with a GPU.  However, you  would still need a CPU present in some form, to direct the GPUs hashpower.  BLUR's goal is being too resource intensive for GPU/ASIC miners to pursue.  In its current state, and at the current value of BLUR... this has sufficed.  However, we are hardforking to a new implementation shortly, for the purpose of maintaining that as the project grows.
DobroFenix

Activity: 146
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 07:21:19 AM

Lol, I hope some of that is explained clearly enough Smiley thanks for the great question.   

Edit: Oh, and in regards to the pools: currently, we are not "Pool-resistant"... Just incompatible with the pool software that is for generic cryptonote coins.  I think that avoiding the pools may be an exercise that is simply not worth pursuing down the line... as I said, its merely a positive byproduct of the algo change.

Yes Yes
The topic of pools is not disclosed.
I need a pool for mining
Since my celeron can not find a single block
annapotpot

Activity: 330
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 11:20:18 AM
Last edit: October 19, 2018, 03:40:38 PM by annapotpot

Nice explanation. Very detailed.

Aside from this
Code:
NERVA's implementation currently adds a few more layers for randomness.
the algo is the same as Nerva? Can you explain how nerva added more layers of randomness so I already know how it works when you add it to blur.

Edit: I just found out that nerva has a v3 version of the algo already. Blur is using the v1 right?

Thanks
blurnetwork (OP)

The Blur Network

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2018, 11:42:54 PM

Edit: Oh, and in regards to the pools: currently, we are not "Pool-resistant"... Just incompatible with the pool software that is for generic cryptonote coins.  I think that avoiding the pools may be an exercise that is simply not worth pursuing down the line... as I said, its merely a positive byproduct of the algo change.

Aside from this
Code:
the algo is the same as Nerva? Can you explain how nerva added more layers of randomness so I already know how it works when you add it to blur.

Edit: I just found out that nerva has a v3 version of the algo already. Blur is using the v1 right?

Thanks

Currently, I don't have the time to get into it too much.  I'll post a more detailed explanation later on, tomorrow probably, on exactly where these things play into the algo vs ours.  We are two versions behind because I saw that our algorithm had been stable for NERVA and Blur Network.  Once they HF'ed instability was a major issue and they wound up with inadvertent 51% attacks happening as a result of many miners not downloading the new software... I'm not positive that was the reason... but it's what was the most obvious answer.  of course, we won't ever know.  For that reason, we have stayed back on our variant, since.  I've also been watching the swings on their nethash lately (over 1MH swings on a 3MH nethash)... which serves to cause some concern, on my end.  Their current v3 variant was a fork, correct me if I'm wrong here, due to expanding those layers for randomness a bit, and to regain stability.  While they regained control of the network, stability doesn't support that 1MH swing.... thats a LOT of cpus...
blurnetwork (OP)

The Blur Network

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2018, 01:20:06 AM

Currently, I don't have the time to get into it too much.  I'll post a more detailed explanation later on, tomorrow probably, on exactly where these things play into the algo vs ours.  We are two versions behind because I saw that our algorithm had been stable for NERVA and Blur Network.  Once they HF'ed instability was a major issue and they wound up with inadvertent 51% attacks happening as a result of many miners not downloading the new software... I'm not positive that was the reason... but it's what was the most obvious answer.  of course, we won't ever know.  For that reason, we have stayed back on our variant, since.  I've also been watching the swings on their nethash lately (over 1MH swings on a 3MH nethash)... which serves to cause some concern, on my end.  Their current v3 variant was a fork, correct me if I'm wrong here, due to expanding those layers for randomness a bit, and to regain stability.  While they regained control of the network, stability doesn't support that 1MH swing.... thats a LOT of cpus...

For these reasons, I'm thinking about changing something much smaller, to make our algorithm dependent not on height of the block before it, but instead on a metric that is more intelligent and that can't be pre-determined just by looking at the algo and coding that into a miner.  NERVA's implementation did just that, and that may be the cause of their diff swings, more than bad-actors. They added a random component that has a lot of possibilities, and I don't know how those factor into hashrate.  However, their implementation shortened the window for diff swings to include (height) mod (64) as opposed to (height) mod (1024)... so that portion of the changes is not where that swing is coming from, because that would actually make the diff swing less.  I'll write more when I'm more educated on the changes myself.
economist2000

Merit: 10

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 09:12:23 PM
Last edit: October 22, 2018, 06:31:59 AM by economist2000

blurnetwork (OP)

The Blur Network

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2018, 09:16:56 PM

The algorithm has been updated to use Cryptonight Variant 2 in conjunction with the already implemented changes.  Hardfork is scheduled for Block 185,000 for this change, which will put the chain on hardfork v8. 
qq386437050

Activity: 109

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 02:42:41 PM

Same wallet address, can many PC be able to mine at the same time?
revenant2017

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

Healing Galing

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 06:23:39 PM

Also thinking the same. And since i'm using windows, this is the first time i'm going to use the command line interface. Any way for us to import_privkey on CLI?

Will try if copying the wallet file will be a workaround.
blurnetwork (OP)

The Blur Network

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2018, 09:13:30 PM

Also thinking the same. And since i'm using windows, this is the first time i'm going to use the command line interface. Any way for us to import_privkey on CLI?

Will try if copying the wallet file will be a workaround.

Yes, I believe there is a limit of 5 behind a single IP address, though.  All you need to do is modify the .bat file in the "utils" directory, to suit your needs.  

The string
Code:
blurd.exe --start-mining <address> --mining-threads <# of threads> 
should do the trick.
blurnetwork (OP)

The Blur Network

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2018, 09:17:02 PM

Edit: Oh, and in regards to the pools: currently, we are not "Pool-resistant"... Just incompatible with the pool software that is for generic cryptonote coins.  I think that avoiding the pools may be an exercise that is simply not worth pursuing down the line... as I said, its merely a positive byproduct of the algo change.

Aside from this
Code:

Thanks

ANNOUNCEMENT (10/25): Binaries for v0.1.7.5 have been released! Please update to the latest version by Block 185000 if you wish to stay on the main chain This is the first of two upcoming hardforks. Since we are just past block 182,000, that means the Hardfork will occur near/around 9:00:00 UTC-8 (9pm pacific time). on 10/27. Please make sure that you are running the new set of binaries by that that block. Block # takes precedence over my rough time estimate, so that time is entirely capable of being incorrect  Wink

This update is in response to a 100%, increase in Network Hashrate. This occured within just a few hours, on October 20th, 2018. As a result the algorithm has been updated to include changes from CNv8, while maintaining the dynamic portion of the algorithm. This update is mandatory for all nodes, and implements Hardfork v8... placing us on an entirely different algorithm-base than NERVA. Another hardfork will follow, around 7 days afterward, which will serve to modify the dynamic portion of the mining algorithm, separately. So check back later in the week to ensure your software is still up-to-date.
DobroFenix

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 04:43:28 PM

Make me a pool!
Oh yeah, the link for downloading the windows wallet version is not working yet.
blurnetwork (OP)

The Blur Network

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2018, 11:27:06 PM

Make me a pool!
Oh yeah, the link for downloading the windows wallet version is not working yet.

I'm not sure what you have against our network, but the wallet posted on https://github.com/blur-network/blur/releases works for Windows.
blurnetwork (OP)

The Blur Network

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2018, 11:32:25 PM

Make me a pool!

With the amount of time you spend on our thread, trying to spread false and negative information, I do have a strong feeling you are simply upset at the fact that we continue to improve our stability & pursuit of our mission.

You should probably spend your time elsewhere and utilize your time more efficiently.
DobroFenix

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 05:06:54 AM

I sent 2000 coins to the exchange
But they didn’t come and the wallet didn’t write that the transaction was completed, but I had lost the coins.
How can I find my coins? Where to begin?

my last tx: https://pastebin.com/vfBCcVGa
kurbeks

Activity: 1078
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 06:59:39 AM

Make me a pool!

I'm not sure what you have against our network, but the wallet posted on https://github.com/blur-network/blur/releases works for Windows.

Link to win wallet on ANN OP is broken. There is one  letter 'u' missing after 0.1.7.5, 

You can download wallet from git repository or here is direct link - https://github.com/blur-network/blur/releases/download/v0.1.7.5u/blur-v0.1.7.5-win-x86_64.zip

Also dev any plans for win GUI wallet?

Thanx
blurnetwork (OP)

The Blur Network

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2018, 07:51:12 AM

I sent 2000 coins to the exchange
But they didn’t come and the wallet didn’t write that the transaction was completed, but I had lost the coins.
How can I find my coins? Where to begin?

my last tx: https://pastebin.com/vfBCcVGa

They're in the process of updating their software.  Your coins will be show up once they do.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: