Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 06:00:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]🌀 Blur Network(BLUR) 🌀 | PoW Cryptonight-Dynamic | CPU/Solo Mining | DPoW  (Read 41210 times)
DobroFenix

Activity: 146
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 05:11:22 PM

please start pool and miner
Lesley121

Activity: 45

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2018, 07:11:46 PM

interesting, I will try to mine it
Callanta787

Activity: 546
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2018, 07:16:56 PM

And pool? Have to mine this

Nightz

Activity: 1302
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 07:27:25 PM

Hm, what's the novel thing here? We already got a lot of CPU-only coins lately, snowblossom, Deft...

Any real-world usecase you are targeting that would make the coin interesting to non-miners to buy and hold?

This is a cpu-only variant of the cryptonight algorithm.  RingCT signatures on a cpu-only coin are only implemented by NERVA, aside from this project.  Cryptonote coins lack that aspect of design, otherwise.

so in short no real world use case at the moment. just another variant of altcoin. without actual usage most of the time, an altcoin will just fall in the trading.
and without strong community backing that coin, this is too easy to die.
unless the dev team has other plans as ive seen so many reserved posts here?!

Well, what's XMR's use-case?  Monero's design has failed in terms of decentralization.  So has bitcoin's.  Solving a previously unsolved problem is hardly the way superior technology comes to dominate a market.  Rather, a superior solution comes along to disrupt a previous solution, and makes it inferior (usually based on design or expansion of capabilities in solving future problems). 

That devil's advocacy aside... Yes, there are bigger plans and your reserved post observation is an astute one.

You consider Monero a failed design? The market has spoken so far and entrusts networks like Bitcoin and Monero with hundreds of billions of dollars. Even if it's CPU only, what if the tech giant fire up their warehouses full of hardware and mine with that? Fully preventing centralization from happening is probably impossible to do.
siegep

Activity: 183
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 07:35:39 PM

Which exchanges planned ?
blur-network

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 08:48:35 PM

-
blurnetwork (OP)

Activity: 209
Merit: 9

The Blur Network

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2018, 08:54:01 PM

Hm, what's the novel thing here? We already got a lot of CPU-only coins lately, snowblossom, Deft...

Any real-world usecase you are targeting that would make the coin interesting to non-miners to buy and hold?

This is a cpu-only variant of the cryptonight algorithm.  RingCT signatures on a cpu-only coin are only implemented by NERVA, aside from this project.  Cryptonote coins lack that aspect of design, otherwise.

so in short no real world use case at the moment. just another variant of altcoin. without actual usage most of the time, an altcoin will just fall in the trading.
and without strong community backing that coin, this is too easy to die.
unless the dev team has other plans as ive seen so many reserved posts here?!

Well, what's XMR's use-case?  Monero's design has failed in terms of decentralization.  So has bitcoin's.  Solving a previously unsolved problem is hardly the way superior technology comes to dominate a market.  Rather, a superior solution comes along to disrupt a previous solution, and makes it inferior (usually based on design or expansion of capabilities in solving future problems).  

That devil's advocacy aside... Yes, there are bigger plans and your reserved post observation is an astute one.

You consider Monero a failed design? The market has spoken so far and entrusts networks like Bitcoin and Monero with hundreds of billions of dollars. Even if it's CPU only, what if the tech giant fire up their warehouses full of hardware and mine with that? Fully preventing centralization from happening is probably impossible to do.

I didn't say they were "failed designs".  In my opinion, they failed to reach their goal of a scaled and truly decentralized network.  All one has to do is look at what's happened with pooling to see that.  I mean, look at the distribution over the past few days from MineXMR.com .  Does that look like a decentralized network to you?

Moreover, a community rallying behind something does not mean that it is fulfilling its initial design goal... much less, hundreds of billions of dollars hasn't anything to do with decentralized architecture.  Usually, that kind of valuation is an indication of the opposite (cartels and market power). I'd even bet that they're correlated on a near 1.0 R-squared relationship.  To quote Vitalik Buterin... "proof of work necessarily operates on a logic of massive power incentivized into existence by massive rewards".  Centralization is the only way that this can occur.  I agree with you that fully preventing centralization is probably impossible.  But that doesn't mean that we should repeat the mistakes that have been revealed to be clear and burdensome design flaws (...that constantly need adjusted to keep attack area manageable).
blurnetwork (OP)

The Blur Network

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2018, 10:17:44 PM

Which exchanges planned ?

Put in a PR to bisq earlier today.  A few other centralized exchanges have been applied to as well.  More in the works.
DobroFenix

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 03:08:21 AM

Hello dev!

I see that you are well versed in crypto-currencies.

How did you do the cryptonot cpu-only?
Alecsandro

Activity: 57

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 07:34:48 AM

Someone can post some cpu's hashrate ? Or it's like the same hashrate as CN v7 ? Like my Celeron G3930 = 50 h/s monero/v7
blurnetwork (OP)

The Blur Network

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2018, 07:42:54 AM

Someone can post some cpu's hashrate ? Or it's like the same hashrate as CN v7 ? Like my Celeron G3930 = 50 h/s monero/v7

It's much more like cryptonight-light than v7.
DobroFenix

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 07:46:52 AM

10 core 2x Xeon E5645 - 105 h/s
AMD FX6300 -- ~800 H/s
Ryzen 1600X 3200mem - 2730 h/s
Ryzen 1700 - 3000 H/S

Need pool!
konohlo

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 07:58:25 AM

interesting coins with the number of coins offered quite large. but maybe if using the CPU will disrupt the performance of the computer or decrease CPU endurance during the mining process. is there any team-provided solution for this?
DobroFenix

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 09:00:44 AM

interesting coins with the number of coins offered quite large. but maybe if using the CPU will disrupt the performance of the computer or decrease CPU endurance during the mining process. is there any team-provided solution for this?

What a stupid question
You load the processor - the overall performance of the computer drops, as part of the resources goes to mining.
Mining does not cause degradation of the processor and does not reduce its resource.

Dev, there the pool is not expected?
DobroFenix

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 11:23:54 AM

So. I'm tired.
I need a pool.
Dev, where is the white paper?
DobroFenix

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 12:32:47 PM

I do not have several wallets through NAT
not synchronized at the same time more than 2 purses
Zandorek

Activity: 389
Merit: 124

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2018, 06:31:30 PM

So. I'm tired.
I need a pool.

I could not find it either, but maybe you can reconstruct some parts of the whitepaper from the source code:
https://github.com/blur-network/blur
Smiley

DobroFenix

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 07:40:18 PM

-// Copyright (c) 2017-2018, The Masari Project
+// Copyright (c) 2017-2018, The Blur Network

What is the Masari Project?
Is the pool from him suitable for Bloor?
blurnetwork (OP)

The Blur Network

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2018, 08:32:49 PM

So. I'm tired.
I need a pool.

I could not find it either, but maybe you can reconstruct some parts of the whitepaper from the source code:
https://github.com/blur-network/blur
Smiley

A whitepaper will be published in the coming weeks.   I'll post a roadmap on the website prior to that, to give everyone an idea of where things are headed from an administrative standpoint.
israelps

Activity: 210

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2018, 11:03:58 PM

reserved spanish translation, confirm please
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: