Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 04:38:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]🌀 Blur Network(BLUR) 🌀 | PoW Cryptonight-Dynamic | CPU/Solo Mining | DPoW  (Read 41171 times)
thang long

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 08:51:12 AM

You posted a video in telegram. That wallet looks sexy!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Plumpkatt1

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 09:24:31 AM

I downloaded the files for windows. I sync'd and created a wallet. Then I typed start_mining. Then what? How do I check the hashrate?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v400/Plumpkatt1/blur_zpsl2kl6ypa.png
pomartin

Activity: 80
Merit: 5

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 09:34:01 PM

I downloaded the files for windows. I sync'd and created a wallet. Then I typed start_mining. Then what? How do I check the hashrate?

Use command "show_hr" in daemon.
Use command "help" to check other usefull commands.
Saresutas

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 09:43:56 PM

I'm taking part in the bounty, I already raised a lot of coins, especially without spending time. In the future I plan to actively invest in this plan, the prospects are visible not with an armed eye.
blurnetwork (OP)

Activity: 209
Merit: 9

The Blur Network

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2018, 04:51:30 AM

I'm taking part in the bounty, I already raised a lot of coins, especially without spending time. In the future I plan to actively invest in this plan, the prospects are visible not with an armed eye.

There has not been a bounty announced.  This post (quoted above) is from a bot.  Just to clarify for lurkers
blurnetwork (OP)

The Blur Network

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2018, 05:36:17 AM

Updated some stuff on the first post of this thread.  Bringing the rest current later on this evening...
TwinBird23

Activity: 84

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 05:39:05 AM

I just saw this platform, I think there are many interesting things but I don't know yet. This platform wallet has been launched as proof of great team performance. I guess don't hesitate to join this platform which will provide good benefits for its users.
Venphipabu

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 05:43:44 AM

Don't understand the definition of this coin, can you introduce it easily and plainly? And, by the way, why did you choose such a name for your coin? Thanks in advance
blurnetwork (OP)

The Blur Network

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2018, 01:29:13 PM

Don't understand the definition of this coin, can you introduce it easily and plainly? And, by the way, why did you choose such a name for your coin? Thanks in advance

The goal of Blur Network is accessibility for anyone interested in preserving their privacy.  Far too many projects now rely on special-interest groups with specialized hardware, solely, for the security of the network.  Our efforts center upon enabling anyone with a computer to contribute significantly enough to the network hashrate, to have a fair probability of mining a block, independently... not just those with a kickass GPU or enough spare change to buy a couple dedicated mining rigs.    

BLUR aims to be accessible to nearly anyone with a computer, enabling them to stand and join the fight for financial freedom. It's time to dispell the idea that privacy coins are primarily for illicit use... Privacy is a choice, and it will be a fight.

You send someone money with a debit card or money transfer — do you want them seeing your bank balance? That information is readily available to the other party (and the rest of the world) when you send anyone Bitcoin. We’ve become dangerously comfortable with trusting our personal information to be known by others. Often, this is disguised as a means to "protect" your assets.  But, it comes at a steep cost.  Suppose you're someone who would like their financials, online habits, or any piece of their digital footprint to stay private? Who do you trust with that privacy?  Do they really have your interests in mind?

We’re completely dependent on companies and institutions who have zero regard for these aspects of our financial reality. A change starts with establishing exactly where we need transparency and privacy, respectively.  Change continues only by making it easier to align ourselves with that stance, and supporting our own security and privacy, not entrusting it to others. This is where Blur becomes very useful...

The name was chosen to depict the network, in concept.  The idea of obfuscating balances and transaction participants, while embedded in a selectively-transparent system, sounded... blurry. The ledger is made obscure to those who may attempt to spy on others' transactions.  Still, it remains transparent to the parties needing verification of amounts sent, received, etc.  Crystal clear, and frustratingly murky.... In just the right spots.
Rabinovitch
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076

BTCLife.global participant

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 02:04:14 AM
Last edit: September 12, 2018, 08:32:28 AM by Rabinovitch

I'm in, this project sounds nice. What are the differences from XMR besides the algo?

Can I mine from several PCs using one daemon? Will the option " set_daemon <host>[:<port>]" in blur-wallet-cli help me in such mining?

From Siberia with love! Hosting by Rabinovitch!
Fundraising for BOINC Farm
Пpoфeccиoнaльнo зaнимaюcь paзвёpтывaниeм фepм (ASIC, GPU, BURST, STORJ, Filecoin), oбopyдoвaниeм пoмeщeний для мaйнингa.
olddarkstar

Activity: 105

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 11:09:25 AM

first of all congrats to your new coin!
second what differs BLUR from NERVA?
Rabinovitch
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076

BTCLife.global participant

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 11:17:59 AM

Silence...

From Siberia with love! Hosting by Rabinovitch!
Fundraising for BOINC Farm
Пpoфeccиoнaльнo зaнимaюcь paзвёpтывaниeм фepм (ASIC, GPU, BURST, STORJ, Filecoin), oбopyдoвaниeм пoмeщeний для мaйнингa.
wosoku

Activity: 4

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 11:28:48 AM

Hi  I'm interested in this plan because it could be a turning point when it will be realized. It isnecessary to help to promote it. A modest sum is sufficient to make it concrete
pomartin

Activity: 80
Merit: 5

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 10:23:41 PM

I'm in, this project sounds nice. What are the differences from XMR besides the algo?

Can I mine from several PCs using one daemon? Will the option " set_daemon <host>[:<port>]" in blur-wallet-cli help me in such mining?

No, you can not mine from several PCs using one daemon. Miner needs full blockchain to re-configer itself.
As for what the differences are, I think it would be best to read up ANN post and look up cryptonight-adaptive algo. There is no point in writing it twice ey...
ldcomp

Activity: 131
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 12:43:51 PM

yesterday I sent a balance from wallet to maple exchange
only a few confirmations, lost themselves and no deposit history
my balance is lost  Huh
kyriores

Activity: 2

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 07:01:37 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2018, 10:42:59 PM by kyriores

my balance is lost  Huh

Exactly the same happened to me. Was some bad timing, as I sent Blur right before the website went down for maintenance. I even received the e-mail notification for the deposit but when the site came back up my balance was still zero. I have an open ticket with support and they've asked for the txid. We'll see how it goes. I guess it's a good way to test whether the exchange is legit now that the $ values are still small.

Edit: Support resolved the issue. You should probably contact them too.
blurnetwork (OP)

The Blur Network

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2018, 09:11:51 PM

first of all congrats to your new coin!
second what differs BLUR from NERVA?

Blur’s supply is a little under half of NERVA’s. Total supply is 9,223,300 BLUR. Nerva’s emission rate has it exhausting non-tail emission after about 3 years (emission factor of 18) BLUR emission will continue at the current trajectory to hit tail emission around day 1740 which equates to roughly 5 years (emission factor of 20). When NERVA hits that point, it will be the first cryptonote currency to reach 100% emission. We don’t know what will happen once it does, but I expect NERVA will survive and subsist. It’s a bit of a test case scenario, though. In that regard, BLUR will watch closely to observe and see what modifications may be necessary to solve whatever issues arise. NERVA's emission rate translates into over 60% of total supply currently circulating (over 10M coins).  Contrast that with BLUR's current circulating supply of less than 1.4M BLUR, roughly 1/6 of total supply.  Small changes to metrics at launch can make a big difference, months/years down the line.  There are some other metrics that were changed from the launch of the Blur Network, which are smaller and have less of a visible impact. One of these is the mined money unlock window. NERVA's mined money unlock window was 10 blocks, at launch. They have since increased it to a value of 20, while Blur’s is still 25 blocks, and has been since launch.  

Apart from emission and supply, we are targeting a different userbase as usability and accessibility are our focus. We want to break down the barriers that stand in front of entry to crypto use and cryptoassets in general for non-techies.  Our listing on Bisq, who is adding support for Paypal, Zelle, and a few other payment processors, is part of that effort.  The GUI wallet, once available for Mac and Windows, will be furthering that goal as well as a few other things we have in store.  

Should anyone like to check out the emission profile and tool around with the formulas themselves, there is a spreadsheet located at: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12PcagebZLTjgf-aTmpKZX5Ck-p3QHOa834CKVyKy1m4/edit#gid=0
blurnetwork (OP)

The Blur Network

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2018, 10:52:52 PM

my balance is lost  Huh

Best way to get into contact with them is on their Discord server.  Flavius (their dev) has been AWESOME about any issues that have arisen for our users. 

Alternatively, you can send a support ticket.   

I know that spamming all contact methods is a particular point of pain for them as Flavius also is their support contact... So please don't contact on discord and spam support...  Discord will result in fastest response time.
DobroFenix

Activity: 146

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 07:34:52 PM

The extraction is too complicated!
When will there be a pool?
DogeInSheepsClothing

Activity: 6

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 01:02:16 AM

The extraction is too complicated!
When will there be a pool?

If you're having trouble getting your miner set-up, drop by the Discord, there are plenty of people there who can help you out. Pools are not going to be coming for a long time, there antithetical to the whole idea.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: