Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:20:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Did we all just get scammed by mrugala group buy?  (Read 4065 times)
Panteraswift

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 09:58:55 PM
Last edit: February 10, 2014, 10:20:21 PM by Panteraswift

I received a PM from Mrugala, he asked me to verify that he just refunded one third of what I paid. The money indeed was returned.
Just maybe, there is some space for reasonable doubt here.

If you feel I helped:
BTC 1CKwmN5zrrqDLgzmwFgvr1AbqXPSDaRrXp
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iglasses
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 10:22:41 PM

I posted this in my thread but mrugala asked me to post in here as well.  I have been sent back .2BTC and he wants to know how much more he owes me.

I think as of right now we have to take this man at his word.  I see a few other posts in this thread that look similar to mine.

I only have a signature because I'm allowed.
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 05:02:56 PM

I posted this in my thread but mrugala asked me to post in here as well.  I have been sent back .2BTC and he wants to know how much more he owes me.

I think as of right now we have to take this man at his word.  I see a few other posts in this thread that look similar to mine.

Sickness or not, where are the funds from the group buy? If they are sitting safe, what not a full refund ASAP? If these funds were used for any other purpose, no matter the circumstances, that is FRAUD.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
qosmio

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 05:41:58 PM

I sent him 1.0302 BTC and hope for refund it was very hard and difficult to get this much accumulated.
But isn't it much easier to send the cards than the owed BTC ?

testing Smiley
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 05:54:16 PM

Please post your TxIDs of the incoming refunds. I will remove my negative trust for him when all accounts are settled.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
iglasses
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 05:55:57 PM

Sickness or not, where are the funds from the group buy? If they are sitting safe, what not a full refund ASAP? If these funds were used for any other purpose, no matter the circumstances, that is FRAUD.

What we are being told is that he met someone in person and he was beaten and robbed and as a result the BTC from the groupbuy was taken (that's why he is going the refund route instead of just sending the cards).  He will now payback those who are entitled but he has to do it out of his own pocket and that will take several months.

I agree it is a rather fantastic tale and I can't verify it or dismiss it out of hand.  I did receive a small amount back and am being told the rest will follow.  Right now that is all that I know.

KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 05:59:54 PM

What we are being told is that he met someone in person and he was beaten and robbed and as a result the BTC from the groupbuy was taken (that's why he is going the refund route instead of just sending the cards).  He will now payback those who are entitled but he has to do it out of his own pocket and that will take several months.

I agree it is a rather fantastic tale and I can't verify it or dismiss it out of hand.  I did receive a small amount back and am being told the rest will follow.  Right now that is all that I know.

I honestly hope so for you investors but this has been seen before. Wrecks, hit by cars, trucks, flying trout. And some do pay back in fractions, string it out, keep your hopes alive then vanish.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
skuser

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 07:25:07 PM

I wrote already he is very good at psychology, so he basically just made you to defend him for small payment. Unless he returns all of the money he remains a scammer. Maybe he already purchased some cards from stolen money and will send partial payments for a while so he considers it as a loan.
I doubt I will ever see a cent from him.

Megabit monster (OP)

Activity: 126

Will work for BitCoins

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 07:25:34 PM

I wrote already he is very good at psychology, so he basically just made you to defend him for small payment. Unless he returns all of the money he remains a scammer. Maybe he already purchased some cards from stolen money and will send partial payments for a while so he considers it as a loan.

+1

Cisco CCNP + CCIE Written. Open to various networking/VOIP related projects. 
Accept bitcoin for payments. Extensive successful project history.
Panteraswift

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 07:40:28 PM

the partial refund he sent me is:  9c0ac7eb8c89d909ed93912644b8d1aa0cf3ac787854e94c9972bd607b1ea9c6
0.56 btc

If you feel I helped:
BTC 1CKwmN5zrrqDLgzmwFgvr1AbqXPSDaRrXp
mrugala

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 07:46:44 PM

We kindly asked everyone to PM their refund address. You did not send anything, how should I know where should I refund?
Also, I am about to make a post explaining the whole situation. And I ask again for Your refund address. Could You be so kind and provide me it?
qosmio

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 07:53:46 PM

mrugala here is my address for refund of 1.0301 BTC
1FchRZqwZRc8e8cSKt7cgVmN58bydK5Bsx
please do so asap, thank you

testing Smiley
skuser

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 07:59:14 PM

We kindly asked everyone to PM their refund address. You did not send anything, how should I know where should I refund?
Also, I am about to make a post explaining the whole situation. And I ask again for Your refund address. Could You be so kind and provide me it?

PM sent. And think of my two small children when sending money back you psychology guru. You can find their pics on facebook because you have my real name. Hope your fiance is proud of what you did.

qosmio

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 08:01:29 PM

just received 0.50 btc from mrugala

testing Smiley
qosmio

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 08:08:09 PM

I still feel there is more behind this story, maybe he can use our real names and address which were collected after sending btc for something else?

testing Smiley
Megabit monster (OP)

Will work for BitCoins

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 08:14:40 PM

mrugala - please refund BTC1.4 for my cards to 172ctgy23UjYzqvA1kmhmucHGKkV1LUnLW

iglasses
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 08:24:41 PM

I still feel there is more behind this story, maybe he can use our real names and address which were collected after sending btc for something else?

Totally agree.  I'm not defending him I am simply trying to state facts and be as objective as as possible for someone who who put up $1k and then found himself to be in the situation that we are in.

Another .15BTC was just sent to me so AORN I am -1.03 + .35 = -.68

There are so many con artists on here it seems like a natural reaction even if the seller's story is %100 true because people are so jaded (myself included).

Megabit monster (OP)

Will work for BitCoins

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 08:29:43 PM

I put up BTC2.08 for 4 cards.  Yesterday he refunded BTC.6

I am still very apprehensive about the intentions here but I did get .6 back.  I hate to say it but until all BTC2.08 are back in my wallet I'm not sure if this guy is for real or not.  mrugala when can I expect the rest?

mrugala

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 08:38:48 PM

Explaining post done,
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=457413.msg5085739#msg5085739

As I said, I will refund, I wouldn't start refunds if I would not intend to..
qosmio

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 08:53:02 PM

mrugala says of being stabbed in Krakow Poland and post link to newspaper, says 18year old went to hospital, he said his wife posted for him, i am surprised he is married so young or maybe this newspaper report is not him but someone else?

testing Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: