Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 04:48:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ⚡⚡[ANN] [PRE-ICO] ⚡⚡ PHILANTHOR ❤️ Blockchain Philanthropy Foundation ⚡ LIVE ⚡  (Read 22990 times)
Philanthor (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 12:21:32 AM
Last edit: July 03, 2018, 11:33:50 AM by Philanthor

The Pre-Sale is now open at a 50% discount

Philanthor on Social Media:
Twitter - Medium - Linkedin - Facebook  - Reddit -
 Instagram  -  Telegram

Pre-Sale is now open at a 50% discount

Please ask us anything on Telegram, social media or here in the thread...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
orico

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 12:47:26 AM

Congratulations! Following very closely.
JenniferWest

Activity: 4

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 02:46:49 AM

This looks very interesting, I'm excited to see an ICO funded unselfish idea. I hope to see more of these.

Good luck
doge_shit666

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 02:56:47 AM

PHILANTHOR is a humanitarian oriented project targeting the community. The project contributes to building a better and better society. When using Blockchain technology, transparency, safety, no intermediaries ... will work well. I am delighted to hear specifically how the project contributes to "supporting the cause of youth focus, gender equality and the protection of the environment and wildlife, with particular emphasis on education. , food safety and water, clean energy, the environment and health".
ofertal

Activity: 19

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2018, 05:34:59 AM

I am delighted to hear specifically how the project contributes to "supporting the cause of youth focus, gender equality and the protection of the environment and wildlife, with particular emphasis on education. , food safety and water, clean energy, the environment and health".

Thanks for the interest! We plan to use the funds raised from the community to achieve the goals you mentioned through a philanthropy foundation running transparently over block chain. I encourage you to learn more about it, read our white paper and join our cause at https://www.philanthor.com
tadung8790

Activity: 62

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 06:10:10 AM

reserved
Philanthor (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 06:28:59 AM
Last edit: July 02, 2018, 07:59:57 AM by Philanthor

This looks very interesting, I'm excited to see an ICO funded unselfish idea. I hope to see more of these.

Good luck

Thanks Jennifer, we are excited to launch it.

bitcoin-blockchain

Activity: 13

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 09:16:12 AM

Seems like a good project!! I'm impressed by your team. I would like to support it!!

Do you plan to support clean energy projects? (I think the CSR of energy companies would be very interested to work with you)
Philanthor (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 11:20:59 AM
Last edit: July 02, 2018, 12:21:15 PM by Philanthor

Seems like a good project!! I'm impressed by your team. I would like to support it!!

Do you plan to support clean energy projects? (I think the CSR of energy companies would be very interested to work with you)

Clean & renewable energy are on the top of our list of subjects. And as a DAO we would also need to have an interest from our donors in this topics.
One of our advisors is a very experienced executive in the energy sector, and his role is to help evaluate energy related research projects to support.

Philanthor (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 04:08:03 PM

PHILANTHOR is a humanitarian oriented project targeting the community. The project contributes to building a better and better society. When using Blockchain technology, transparency, safety, no intermediaries ... will work well. I am delighted to hear specifically how the project contributes to "supporting the cause of youth focus, gender equality and the protection of the environment and wildlife, with particular emphasis on education. , food safety and water, clean energy, the environment and health".

Good to have you on board!

JenniferWest

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 05:57:06 PM

I signed up and bought a bit of PTH to show support of this idea, I do hope to see this succeed (or come across more choices such as this to do something good with my crypto)

One question though - besides the fact that it is difficult to find charities that collect cryptocurrency donations today, can you explain how this is different than hitting a "Donate with BTC" button to donate directly to a charity?
Philanthor (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 06:36:50 PM

I signed up and bought a bit of PTH to show support of this idea, I do hope to see this succeed (or come across more choices such as this to do something good with my crypto)

One question though - besides the fact that it is difficult to find charities that collect cryptocurrency donations today, can you explain how this is different than hitting a "Donate with BTC" button to donate directly to a charity?

Thanks for your support!

Philanthropy is a bit different than charity; not all types of charity are philanthropy, or vice versa, (though there is an overlap). The main difference is that charity aims to relieve the pain of a particular social problem, whereas philanthropy attempts to address the root cause of the problem. An example is the difference between sending pain killers to malaria patients which is charity, versus educating the public in affected areas or supporting medical research teams in finding a cure for malaria, which are philanthropy.

We have set aside 10% of our future donations to Charity, but the majority will go into finding long term sustainable solutions to the problems.

n3482nba

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 06:45:22 PM

this project looks very serious. team is very much and complete to fill several lines. I am very sure this project will grow very fast
Philanthor (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 07:37:36 PM

this project looks very serious. team is very much and complete to fill several lines. I am very sure this project will grow very fast

Thanks you! The team is super committed to this project, and takes it very seriously.

JenniferWest

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 07:44:51 PM

I think so too
mkofi

Activity: 5

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 10:13:11 PM

this looks good and serious to me. solid team with a lot of conenction to charities, environment, education. looks like their heart is in the right place. their whitepaper makes a good case for philanthropy over the blockchain but I wonder how their token will work. will there really be a way for token buyers to affect the decisions of the foundation?
Philanthor (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 10:29:20 PM

this looks good and serious to me. solid team with a lot of conenction to charities, environment, education. looks like their heart is in the right place. their whitepaper makes a good case for philanthropy over the blockchain but I wonder how their token will work. will there really be a way for token buyers to affect the decisions of the foundation?

Thanks Marcus for the support, and that's a very good question, we address it in the white paper. In a nutshell: token holders would be able to cast a vote on topics, causes, demographics, geographies and more. Beyond voting, they would be able to donate tokens directly to a cause, and also to create or introduce new causes/charities to the platform and get other members to join and match.
And as much as ERC20 permits, these decisions and votes, will be governed by smart-contracts.

ofertal

Activity: 19

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2018, 10:55:20 PM

solid team with a lot of conenction to charities, environment, education. looks like their heart is in the right place.
Thank you @mkofi for your kind words, the team really is great. I feel honored (and humbled) to be working with these people. If anyone can make this vision materialize it's this team.

will there really be a way for token buyers to affect the decisions of the foundation?
As a previous reply mentions, we plan to initially use PTH as a voting token and as a way to nominate support-worthy causes. But voting only scratches the surface of what's possible! We have a few additional creative ideas for how to use the token and blockchain to build a community that can make these decisions as one big hive-mind.

Let me ask you (anyone, really...) how would you like to see a true democratized philanthropic foundation function? What would make you feel that you have real control over the distribution of funds?
tippytoes

Activity: 1988
Merit: 275

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 11:04:42 PM

Many have venture in the field of philanthropy or charity already but up until now no known blockchain project has attain their mission. Have you heard a certain individual or institution that received help from blockchain project? Most of the time, it's only donations but not receiving aid thru this platform. So what is your edge to make this real and not fall in the trading business only?
Philanthor (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 11:46:26 PM

Many have venture in the field of philanthropy or charity already but up until now no known blockchain project has attain their mission. Have you heard a certain individual or institution that received help from blockchain project? Most of the time, it's only donations but not receiving aid thru this platform. So what is your edge to make this real and not fall in the trading business only?

Thanks that's a good question:

a. Over a considerable period of time we have done quiet a lot of research, and had a discussion with dozens of future recipients who are happy to work with us, either as donations, grants or scholarships or aid.
b. Our team was specifically chosen to cover a wide scope of philanthropy topics, such as agriculture/agri-tech, energy, biotech, health tech, education (and a few more). Each one of our team members in involved in more than a handful of projects that are eager to work with us, so we have a growing lineup of exciting projects.
c. Charity is only a small part of our scope (about 10% of the reserve fund) but we can see already various blockchain based charities, coins, or charities that accept crypto as donations. So we believe the trend will grow from here forward.
d. We have seen a few other projects in this space, some are truly inspiring, but most of them are focused on building a platform for charity fund raising. Our focus is on the actual philanthropy work, specifically building an AI based Hive mind, that not only raises funds, and takes advise from the token holders, but then spends the funds for social good. You can think of it as a 360° holistic true philanthropy work, rather than just the fund raising platform.

I hope that gives an answer, and we'll be happy to discuss more in details.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: