Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 08:58:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ⚡⚡[ANN] [PRE-ICO] ⚡⚡ PHILANTHOR ❤️ Blockchain Philanthropy Foundation ⚡ LIVE ⚡  (Read 22992 times)
ofertal

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2018, 11:58:05 PM

Many have venture in the field of philanthropy or charity already but up until now no known blockchain project has attain their mission. Have you heard a certain individual or institution that received help from blockchain project? Most of the time, it's only donations but not receiving aid thru this platform. So what is your edge to make this real and not fall in the trading business only?

@tippytoes, I fully understand your concerns and we are certainly aware that we are not the first attempt to link philanthropy and charity with a blockchain project. Obviously I cannot assure you that we will not fail, but I can share with you what makes me personally believe in this project and invest my time and effort in it.

The reason I have faith that Philanthor is not a facade using philanthropy/charity as a pretense to raise money for other reasons (from outright scam to "just a trading business") is that our team has already extensively engaged with leaders of charities and philanthropic causes. We presented our ideas and roadmap to them and not only received their blessing and their wise advice but a significant number of them liked what they heard so much that they took the next step and actively joined us to take part in the project as advisers. Too many of the pretend-philanthropy projects raised a huge red-flag for me because it was clear that they are much more concerned with getting people to donate than with the intended recipients of these donations!

Please take a look at our list of advisory board members at https://www.philanthor.com/#section-team. You will find among them leaders of charity organizations as well as industry leaders in fields that tie in to many of the philanthropic causes we plan to support such as health, clean energy, water, agriculture, pharmaceuticals and more. I have not seen any blockchain philanthropy projects to this day that did this kind of extensive footwork on the receiving end of the aid (and we are just getting started!)

Besides the credibility these advisers bring to our project, we expect them to become an invaluable resource to the foundation both in establishing relations for distributing the foundation's funds where they can achieve the highest social impact but also as means to engage in other parts of the same industries and open up additional fund sources (e.g. tapping into CSR programs).

Thank you for raising this important question!
mkofi

Activity: 5

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 07:01:44 AM

how would you like to see a true democratized philanthropic foundation function? What would make you feel that you have real control over the distribution of funds?

just asking this question is already a good start, you are the CTO of Philanthor and instead of being all arrogant and act like know everything you open this up to the community. I like the attitude. maybe you guys are really trying to build something that pays attention to what the community thinks
Philanthor (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 08:15:04 AM

how would you like to see a true democratized philanthropic foundation function? What would make you feel that you have real control over the distribution of funds?

just asking this question is already a good start, you are the CTO of Philanthor and instead of being all arrogant and act like know everything you open this up to the community. I like the attitude. maybe you guys are really trying to build something that pays attention to what the community thinks

Thanks for the confidence. We are happy to have an open discussion.

tunnel

Activity: 206
Merit: 21

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 08:22:35 AM

Philanthropy foundations are very needed,  cause they support projects and endeavours that may be too niche, unpopular or controversial to gain the widespread support of the general public or the government.

▬▬[  IDAP.IO  ]▬▬[International Digital Asset Platform ]▬   
▌ Introducing Derivatives Product Ecosystem to Crypto Asset Market ▐
▬▬  PRE - SALE STARTS 25th JUNE  ▬▬ | Twitter  | Telegram  | ANN  | Medium  | LinkedIn   | Facebook| ▬▬
Philanthor (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 09:53:16 AM

Philanthropy foundations are very needed,  cause they support projects and endeavours that may be too niche, unpopular or controversial to gain the widespread support of the general public or the government.

To expand: health and health tech is a great example for this point. Large Pharmaceutical companies pursue drugs that have large commercial value, that can be patented and treat a widespread diseases. But a lot of the illnesses are niche, small, and affect poor populations. In addition to be able to begin trials for FDA approval, you need a lot of money. As a result, small research teams, with potential cures to various diseases, can't even get to the point of starting human trials, because of the cost prohibition, and they rely upon philanthropy grants only.

You can read more in our white paper: https://www.philanthor.com/assets/whitepaper.pdf

Philanthor (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 11:32:40 AM

BTW Smiley our pre sale is now open!

At this current tier we offer a 50% discount.

Tokens can be purchased on our Website.

bitcoin-blockchain

Activity: 13

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 11:43:17 AM

I want to invest in your project. Just wanted to ask if I can propose an organization to transfer the funds to ?
Philanthor (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 12:31:49 PM

I want to invest in your project. Just wanted to ask if I can propose an organization to transfer the funds to ?

a) As a member, you would be able to select a specific organization (charity, grant seeker, etc...) that are already listed and available.
b) ... and you would be able to suggest new organisations and invite the whole member's pool to join you in the fund raising for that cause.

We welcome you to the token sale, https://www.philanthor.com !

tunnel

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 04:47:08 PM

To expand: health and health tech is a great example for this point. Large Pharmaceutical companies pursue drugs that have large commercial value, that can be patented and treat a widespread diseases. But a lot of the illnesses are niche, small, and affect poor populations. In addition to be able to begin trials for FDA approval, you need a lot of money. As a result, small research teams, with potential cures to various diseases, can't even get to the point of starting human trials, because of the cost prohibition, and they rely upon philanthropy grants only.

You can read more in our white paper: https://www.philanthor.com/assets/whitepaper.pdf

Yes, thank you, im on it at the moment. Very interesting project and interesting thoughts in white paper to read) When will the token distribution take place? October- november?

▬▬  PRE - SALE STARTS 25th JUNE  ▬▬ | Twitter  | Telegram  | ANN  | Medium  | LinkedIn   | Facebook| ▬▬
Philanthor (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 08:34:43 AM

Yes, thank you, im on it at the moment. Very interesting project and interesting thoughts in white paper to read) When will the token distribution take place? October- november?

Hi, the commitment is the end of the ICO, but we may do the first distribution earlier because we may want to begin working with philanthropy causes as soon as the pre-ico ends, to build a strong proof of concept.

Philanthor (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 08:43:59 AM

Where we can see how many collected on PRE-ICO? Or amount will be after ending PRE-ICO? I hope, PHILANTHOR will reach his aiming. Good luck, PHILANTHOR!

Where we can see how many collected on PRE-ICO? Or amount will be after ending PRE-ICO? I hope, PHILANTHOR will reach his aiming. Good luck, PHILANTHOR!

Hi, thanks for the question. We will likely show the progress closer to the main sale itself after the pre-sale stage, or when we get close to reaching the target.

tunnel

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 03:00:52 PM

Hi, the commitment is the end of the ICO, but we may do the first distribution earlier because we may want to begin working with philanthropy causes as soon as the pre-ico ends, to build a strong proof of concept.
This is a very correct decision, other ICO projects are not ready for such a decision, but they are ready to pull the distribution of tokens to the end of the year, because they do not want to work

Nggedebus

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 03:16:03 PM

A perfect place for everyone who likes sharing with one another.
Now they had a place tho share their thought to make the world better with everyone around the world through this PHILANTHOR project.
Philanthor (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 03:34:07 PM

A perfect place for everyone who likes sharing with one another.
Now they had a place tho share their thought to make the world better with everyone around the world through this PHILANTHOR project.

Information sharing for a good cause. Thats who we are Smiley

Philanthor (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 04:39:08 PM

BTW  Smiley our pre sale is now open!

At this current tier we offer a 50% discount.

Tokens can be purchased on our Website.

bitcoin-blockchain

Activity: 13

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 09:29:37 AM

a) As a member, you would be able to select a specific organization (charity, grant seeker, etc...) that are already listed and available.
b) ... and you would be able to suggest new organisations and invite the whole member's pool to join you in the fund raising for that cause.

Good! very professional. I really like what you are doing guys. Keep up the good work!!
Philanthor (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 10:04:24 AM

Good! very professional. I really like what you are doing guys. Keep up the good work!!

Thanks!

EinSof

Activity: 24

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 04:00:42 AM

Hebrew translation reserved
4gu5dr4g0n

Activity: 476
Merit: 104

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 04:26:51 AM

A good finding has been obtained by this project, and the project has a noble purpose, its useful flames will be better and deserve to be realized, with Philanthor. will later earn a contribution to life. Philanthor is ready to thrive with the geniuses of the blockchain world. Hope the future of this project will be many investors who glance and join for the success of this project.
LadyNymeria

Activity: 25

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 04:46:39 AM

This is a very unselfish project. It would be nice to make use of crypto to be a blessing to others. I'm just wondering how is the community assured that funds will be properly used and that it will really go to the recipients?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: