Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:22:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New Mt Gox Press Release - Feb 10 - they are claiming flaw in bitcoin protocol !  (Read 33008 times)
billotronic
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 12:34:26 PM

+9000

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
smoothrunnings

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 12:44:20 PM

I think they know they're done. This is probably just their death-rattle. If people still use them after this then I can't even.

I think your right. Instead taking the blame for f'n up they probably thought putting the blame back on bitcoin would save their shirts, and maybe it has a little bit but overall it hasn't. It's time for the owners of MtGox to close their shop and open a new one, hopefully they can apply what they have learned to the next exchange making bitcoin more stronger and stable.

Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2014, 12:44:33 PM

Fucking Japanese mafia.

raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 12:45:54 PM

Wait wait wait. So someone got bitcoin for ~$100?

A shitload went for 102.

i'm not watching the statistics whatsoever, so have no real feedback on this, but if this is true, I doubt it's the doing of the actual exchange... think about it... there are 600TH farms dotted around, which may have piled up a nice little stash of coinage. I'd say it could be pretty easy for some of these to just release a few cheap coins and not feel any pain from the price. Bitcoin has become so easy to control since the price spike and the real exchanges have hated it with a passion for a while since. The volatility has brought in lunchbox joes and kids with daddy's funds, speculating in a big players game with tiny sums of cash.

the term, 'everyone a winner' is fading away...

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
minerpart

Activity: 280

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 12:47:01 PM

There will be many many more loosers in that flash crash than winners. About 4k BTC were bought and sold throughout the 2mins of the crash and recover on BTC-e. So it's likely that people entrusting their money to auto-trading robots saw those Bots sell their holdings on the way down sell, sell, sell. That's likely what caused the crash.
Depending on the settings they were using the Bots will have either not bought back or tried to buy back and failed/got a worse price than they sold for. There will have been many manual buy's at the low levels and they would have been buying the Bots panic sells. This is another reason NOT to use a Bot. They do not win over the long run.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Flash_Crash

'The joint report "portrayed a market so fragmented and fragile that a single large trade could send stocks into a sudden spiral,"[10] and detailed how a large mutual fund firm selling an unusually large number of E-Mini S&P 500 contracts first exhausted available buyers, and then how high-frequency traders (HFT) started aggressively selling, accelerating the effect of the mutual fund's selling and contributing to the sharp price declines that day'
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2014, 12:48:07 PM

Eh Smiley MtGox is making such stress for btc and for all of us.

Maybe better if they just shut down and shut up Smiley

Blaming Bitcoin for all of this ... only MtGox suffers problems I guess. Bter, BTC-e. vircurex, and other are working ok and with no problem.

Maybe we should think about why we use MtGox ? (I dont Tongue)
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 12:49:13 PM

There will be many many more loosers in that flash crash than winners. About 4k BTC were bought and sold throughout the 2mins of the crash and recover on BTC-e. So it's likely that people entrusting their money to auto-trading robots saw those Bots sell their holdings on the way down sell, sell, sell. That's likely what caused the crash.
Depending on the settings they were using the Bots will have either not bought back or tried to buy back and failed/got a worse price than they sold for. There will have been many manual buy's at the low levels and they would have been buying the Bots panic sells. This is another reason NOT to use a Bot. They do not win over the long run.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Flash_Crash

Can you please delete this post.  Wink
thecoinjournal

Activity: 490

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2014, 12:50:06 PM

Fucking Japanese mafia.

They are not Japanese, American mafia maybe?

FandangledGizmo
Legendary

Activity: 1138
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 12:52:25 PM

Sorry GOX you failed to get your coins back cheaper  Cry  Cry  Cry  Cry  Cry  Cry

Well done to the smart bitcoin community, I'm not very technical but your quick responses made it clear this a non-issue & GOX FUD.

Bitcoin community 1               MTGox 0

(I actually think the people who tried to cause crash on this news have actually lost money because of the swift rebound.)

seriouscoin

Activity: 658

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 12:52:36 PM

Fucking Japanese mafia.

Mark is French
nosf009

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 12:56:08 PM

Fucking Japanese mafia.

Mark is French

Don't hate me for a (bad?) joke, but in some cases that's worst than Japanese x American Smiley

<OPEN MONEY | Powering Blockchain Acceptance [ICO]
███████████████    ▬▬▬▬▬▬ Blockchain Meets Mainstream! ▬▬▬▬▬▬    ███████████████
Whitepaper  ●  Slack  ●  Facebook  ●  Twitter  ●  Reddit  ●  Telegram>
Kazimir
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 12:56:11 PM

A shitload went for 102.
Not entirely. A shitload went for prices ranging from $600 to $102. ALL open buy orders in that range were filled, only the few at the very bottom went for $102.

This is what happens if some retard dumps 10,000+ coins in a no-limit order Smiley

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Insert coin(s): 1KazimirL9MNcnFnoosGrEkmMsbYLxPPob
raskul

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 12:56:27 PM

Fucking Japanese mafia.

Mark is French

hitler was austrian.
 Tongue

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
gyaoshi

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 12:56:30 PM

This is GREAT news. It means Gox has identified the problem and is taking steps to correct it.

yeah, you bet it
tenaciouzd

Activity: 256

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 12:57:13 PM

Sorry GOX you failed to get your coins back cheaper  Cry  Cry  Cry  Cry  Cry  Cry

Well done to the smart bitcoin community, I'm not very technical but your quick responses made it clear this a non-issue & GOX FUD.

Bitcoin community 1               MTGox 0

(I actually think the people who tried to cause crash on this news have actually lost money because of the swift rebound.)

Lol what rebound, its till $100 lower than yesterday
ilpirata79

Activity: 353
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 12:58:13 PM

I think Mark is playing with fire...

There will be a lot of angry people if bitcoins are not given back to their owners...

Is this a threat? Yes, but not by me.

Best regards,
ilpirata79
seriouscoin

Activity: 658

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 12:59:48 PM

A shitload went for 102.
Not entirely. A shitload went for prices ranging from $600 to $102. ALL open buy orders in that range were filled, only the few at the very bottom went for $102.

This is what happens if some retard dumps 10,000+ coins in a no-limit order Smiley

"the retard" might be a leverage trading platform that make margin calls..... so many ppl lost money because of this FUD and its out of their control.
Juel

Activity: 24

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 01:01:14 PM

gox  spent all the  btc in bitchs gambling and red wine like lords!

now they want to scare the market to buy BTC cheaper!!  Roll Eyes  Grin
nosf009

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 01:02:46 PM

Here, although I'm good with graphics as much as they're good with code Smiley

<OPEN MONEY | Powering Blockchain Acceptance [ICO]
███████████████    ▬▬▬▬▬▬ Blockchain Meets Mainstream! ▬▬▬▬▬▬    ███████████████
Whitepaper  ●  Slack  ●  Facebook  ●  Twitter  ●  Reddit  ●  Telegram>
dorobotsdream

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 01:05:34 PM

The malleability issue seems real enough.  Something was published on it on 21 january on bitcoin.it, maybe someone had to try it out...

That said I did a withdrawal on 28th january from Mt. Gox (and it was taken from my balance on 28th january). It failed to get in to the receiver until 31st january after I had complained about it with their support. Blockchain.info did not show any transaction coming in to the receiver address on the 28th of january with the original txout or with anything different. The support ticket went unanswered until after the transaction was finally done (on the 31st of january). The answer when it did come on the 5th of february claimed that some users were experiencing delays in withdrawals and that I had to rest assured that this was only affecting limited users and transactions.....

I was immediately distrustful of this statement, and this weekends saga much confirms it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: