Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:22:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Proof of Stake Coin List  (Read 49041 times)
vrm86

Activity: 676
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 12:20:29 PM

POS is the reason im into BC

Seriously? BC price has been changing by 50-100% in one week intervals, so does 1% annual PoS interest really matters?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Burninj
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 03:45:45 PM

You should add badgercoin seems to be first X11 with pos...
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 12:15:19 AM

Could you explain the difference between yearly and NVCS?
Yearly, I understand, it is like a bank account, right? But NVCS? I know it is related to Novacoin, but apart from this, I don't understand. I think it means this is a maximum, whilst yearly are an exact number.

Thank you

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
Kergekoin

Activity: 546

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 07:24:42 AM

There has been massive amount of PoW/PoS coins launched lately. Majority of them have rapid PoW phase for few days or weeks and then continuing as pure PoS. Just like MINT and BC did first.
I guess MINT and BC huge price jumps did nice job of pulling new clones out.
There is at least one which shows some creativity.

Digit looks rather interesting.

0.2% monthly PoS base interest.
0.4% on the second month
0.6% on third month
and climbing by 0.2% until PoW mining ends after 3 years from launch.
That makes month nr36 monthly interest of 7.2%.
Interest rate will fall back down after mining is ended.
Interest min payout time is 1 day. No maximum limit.

PoW block reward is dependent on its falling multiplier and difficulty multiplier.
time multiplier starts at 3.34 and falls to 0.1 by the month nr36.

https://github.com/DigitSF/Digit

Code:
unsigned int nStakeMinAge = 24 * 60 * 60; // 1 day
unsigned int nStakeMaxAge = -1; // unlimited

Code:
static const int64_t MAX_MONEY = 90000000000 * COIN;
static const int64_t MAX_PROOF_OF_STAKE = 0.2 * CENT; // 0.2%

Code:
const int MONTHLY_BLOCKCOUNT = 60000; 
int64_t GetProofOfStakeReward(int64_t nCoinAge, int64_t nFees, int nHeight)
{
    unsigned int MONTHLY_MULTIPLIER = 1;

for (int MONTH = 1; MONTH < 71; MONTH++)
{
        if(nHeight < MONTH * MONTHLY_BLOCKCOUNT)
{
MONTHLY_MULTIPLIER = ((MONTH<36) ? MONTH : 36 - MONTH%36);
        }
    }
if (MONTHLY_MULTIPLIER < 1)
{
MONTHLY_MULTIPLIER = 1;
}

int64_t nSubsidy = nCoinAge * MAX_PROOF_OF_STAKE * MONTHLY_MULTIPLIER  / 30;

******  NB! The links below are affiliate - friend type links, which bring additional benefits both, to you and me  ******
Binance - Best Crypto Trading Platform          CoinBase - Fastest way from FIAT to Crypto
Windscribe - The quickest and easyest way to secure and anonymize your internet traffic
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 10:37:46 AM

There has been massive amount of PoW/PoS coins launched lately. Majority of them have rapid PoW phase for few days or weeks and then continuing as pure PoS. Just like MINT and BC did first.
I guess MINT and BC huge price jumps did nice job of pulling new clones out.
There is at least one which shows some creativity.

Digit looks rather interesting.

0.2% monthly PoS base interest.
0.4% on the second month
0.6% on third month
and climbing by 0.2% until PoW mining ends after 3 years from launch.
That makes month nr36 monthly interest of 7.2%.
It would be interesting if the interest was higher. As tokyoghetto stated it in his HBN investment journal, "20% is not enough when the price can drop 50% overnight".
Too bad because the growing PoS idea is interesting.
5% per month would be much more interesting. 60% at the end of the first year is on par with Philosopher's Stone (less rewarding, since you would break even with PHS only at 10th month, but starting from year 2 it would be interesting).
+5% every month for first year => 60%
+2.5% every month for second year => 90 %
+1.25% every month for third year. => 105%. Considering TEK is at 480% an year (6300% with compounding) and performs very well (too well, I'd say), it may not be too much. PHS is at +50% but not NVCS like TEK/HBN and NVC, which means the interest is constant and doesn't depend on do not decrease with the network difficulty.
Ending it brutally, though, would kill the coin so something would have to be considered.

I feel like starting from April, high-stake coin got less interesting to buy because people started to take notice of this coin. Maybe MINT is the one that raised awareness of PoS to a greater audience.
Now, will new get-rich-quick schemes will divert money from high-PoS (=> price drop, you can buy) or will we have to resort to newly-created high-PoS coin? Unfortunately, all of them (LGD, GWT) seem to be premined :/

Edit: as usual, the linux binaries don't work (/home/david/Téléchargements/Digit-qt Linux 64bit/Digit-qt: error while loading shared libraries: libminiupnpc.so.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
Kergekoin

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 11:06:11 AM

It would be interesting if the interest was higher. As tokyoghetto stated it in his HBN investment journal, "20% is not enough when the price can drop 50% overnight".
5% per month would be much more interesting. 60% at the end of the first year is on par with Philosopher's Stone (less rewarding, since you would break even with PHS only at 10th month, but starting from year 2 it would be interesting).
+1.25% every month for third year. => 105%. Considering TEK is at 480% an year (6300% with compounding) and performs very well (too well, I'd say), it may not be too much. PHS is at +50% but not NVCS like TEK/HBN and NVC, which means the interest is constant and doesn't depend on do not decrease with the network difficulty.
Ending it brutally, though, would kill the coin so something would have to be considered.

I feel like starting from April, high-stake coin got less interesting to buy because people started to take notice of this coin. Maybe MINT is the one that raised awareness of PoS to a greater audience.
Now, will new get-rich-quick schemes will divert money from high-PoS (=> price drop, you can buy) or will we have to resort to newly-created high-PoS coin? Unfortunately, all of them (LGD, GWT) seem to be premined :/

Heres some additional info how Digit PoS is built.
It starts from 0.2%  first month. Then 0.4% 2nd, 0.5% 3rd and continues until it reaches 7.2% in month 36.
Adding this together and here is what we get:

1st year = 15.6%  (Average monthy interest in year 1 is 1.3%)
2nd year = 44.4% (Average monthy interest in year 2 is 3.7%)
3rd year = 73,2% (Average monthy interest in year 3 is 6.1%)

From here, interest rate will start dropping.

4th year = 70.8% (Average monthy interest in year 4 is 5.9%)
5th year = 42% (Average monthy interest in year 5 is 3.5%)
6th year = 13.4% (Average monthy interest in year 6 is 1.12%)
7th and all years after that = 2.4% (Average monthy interest in year 7 is 0.2%)

Since their PoW is difficulty dependant, it will should sort itsself out just beautifully. If mining profitability goes down due high supply, then block reward will go down and new supply will decrease.
Vice versa if the opposite situation occurs.

******  NB! The links below are affiliate - friend type links, which bring additional benefits both, to you and me  ******
Binance - Best Crypto Trading Platform          CoinBase - Fastest way from FIAT to Crypto
Windscribe - The quickest and easyest way to secure and anonymize your internet traffic
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 12:47:07 PM

Heres some additional info how Digit PoS is built.
It starts from 0.2%  first month. Then 0.4% 2nd, 0.5% 3rd and continues until it reaches 7.2% in month 36.
Adding this together and here is what we get:

1st year = 15.6%  (Average monthy interest in year 1 is 1.3%)
2nd year = 44.4% (Average monthy interest in year 2 is 3.7%)
3rd year = 73,2% (Average monthy interest in year 3 is 6.1%)

From here, interest rate will start dropping.

4th year = 70.8% (Average monthy interest in year 4 is 5.9%)
5th year = 42% (Average monthy interest in year 5 is 3.5%)
6th year = 13.4% (Average monthy interest in year 6 is 1.12%)
7th and all years after that = 2.4% (Average monthy interest in year 7 is 0.2%)

Since their PoW is difficulty dependant, it will should sort itsself out just beautifully. If mining profitability goes down due high supply, then block reward will go down and new supply will decrease.
Vice versa if the opposite situation occurs.
Even considering compounding interest (which takes CPU ressources, by the way since you let your wallet on), this is still too low in a world where price can drop 50% in one day. It's fortunate min's price is very stable, but no evidence this will be the same for this one.

Kergekoin

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 01:46:27 PM

Even considering compounding interest (which takes CPU ressources, by the way since you let your wallet on), this is still too low in a world where price can drop 50% in one day. It's fortunate min's price is very stable, but no evidence this will be the same for this one.

Its rather obvious that coins in babyshoes will have large movements. It the matter of market dept - or the absent of it. Even bitcoin is still a small child.

I have no doubt that HBN is one of the gems in the pot of cryptocoins.  Im curious how HBN staking formula will do in long term period (i mean in 3-5 years time). It attracts to keep more coins in your wallet, but creates a lot of excessive supply when there is no demand for coins and difficulty is low. Seems controversial strategy to me.
Digit PoW being driven by demand/difficulty and PoS smoothly pressuring PoW towards the end looks like a good idea to me.
Both have interesting formula for PoW/PoS.  HBN is already proved to be solid. Lets see how the Digit does.

PS. I guess this topic is not right for this kind of discussion. Perhaps we could continue interesting coins discussion somewhere else?

David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 04:10:03 PM

PS. I guess this topic is not right for this kind of discussion. Perhaps we could continue interesting coins discussion somewhere else?
Like How PoS works?

David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2014, 02:01:08 AM

Could you had Legendary coin (LGD) ?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=530175
50% annual, premined

GraniteCoin

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 02:54:34 AM

Nice collection of PoS list

twitter.com/GraniteCoin
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2014, 02:58:01 AM

I created a spreadsheet mostly based on your data. Please everyone, improve on it
Proof-of-stake List

Enthef420

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 12:52:44 AM

I created a spreadsheet mostly based on your data. Please everyone, improve on it
Proof-of-stake List

Added Mastiff coin X11 5.5% stake annual

MastiffCoin

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 03:18:20 AM

MastiffCoin has 15% stake - updated the spreadsheet Smiley
ecoinspro

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 08:12:08 AM

Coin2 is POS

psybits
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 07:04:52 PM

I'm currently involved with 5% PoS monthly (paid daily) coin HYPER. They have already set up a Counterstrike server where people can get FREE HYPER for fragging bots and earning achievements in the game. Beyond this, the team is also setting up Minecraft servers and plugins, an online HYPER arcade that will feature many indie game developers and where people can earn small amounts of HYPER for playing, an old cult space MMO that should be live soon, as well as the main HYPER MMO project that is constantly being worked on.

Unlike with most coins, the HYPER premine is being used to set up all of the above projects and more. The team is very active and working day and night on delivering results. The vast majority of the PoS coins on this forum have very limited ecosystems and are for speculation only. HYPER is unique in that the coin will be embedded in a complex and growing ecosystem of gamers, traders and stakers.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=624651.0

DISCLOSURE: I am currently on the HYPER team as the manager and escrow for the core HYPER MMO Development fund. Being a Devcoin admin and the manager of the advertising revenue from Devcoin's open source wiki Devtome, I am both qualified for this role, and I can see the benefit in having some funds set aside to fund the first MMO in history to be built by a cryptocurrency!
wmcorless

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

paccoin

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 06:42:39 PM

Don't forget Paccoin (PAC) PoS Sha256d coin.

Got Paccoin?
Kergekoin

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 06:47:42 PM

I'm currently involved with 5% PoS monthly (paid daily) coin HYPER. They have already set up a Counterstrike server where people can get FREE HYPER for fragging bots and earning achievements in the game. Beyond this, the team is also setting up Minecraft servers and plugins, an online HYPER arcade that will feature many indie game developers and where people can earn small amounts of HYPER for playing, an old cult space MMO that should be live soon, as well as the main HYPER MMO project that is constantly being worked on.

Unlike with most coins, the HYPER premine is being used to set up all of the above projects and more. The team is very active and working day and night on delivering results. The vast majority of the PoS coins on this forum have very limited ecosystems and are for speculation only. HYPER is unique in that the coin will be embedded in a complex and growing ecosystem of gamers, traders and stakers.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=624651.0

DISCLOSURE: I am currently on the HYPER team as the manager and escrow for the core HYPER MMO Development fund. Being a Devcoin admin and the manager of the advertising revenue from Devcoin's open source wiki Devtome, I am both qualified for this role, and I can see the benefit in having some funds set aside to fund the first MMO in history to be built by a cryptocurrency!

GL with your job.
BTW, do you also have a decent coder in team now? Im asking because the person who launched the HYPER is a complete n00b in cryptocurrencies. He made false statements and argued against clear facts in the beginning of the Hyper announcement thread.

omahapoker

Activity: 868

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 07:57:59 PM

jackpotcoin gives 44% first year

word
Instamatic

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 08:02:31 PM

PoS makes sense if these were investments. How does it help these become currencies? If it simply benefits those who hold coins, it would create artificially scarce environments where the price would go up.

not every investment vehicle is a currency. You dont buy eggs and  milk with MSFT or GOOG or APPL. Nothing wrong with giving a dividend to coin holders, its the reward for taking on risk, and securing their respective network.

I keep hearing this "store of value" statement about various coins but would have to disagree.  The reason GOOG or APPL have value is that they represent a portion percentage of an actual corporation that earns revenue.  Gold/Silver/Metals have practical manufacturing uses which drive their value.  A cryptocoin that simply has no function other than a "store of value" doesn't seem very valuable to me, just more hype and justification for the lack of marketing/development to make it a useful commodity.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: