Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:58:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Complete Novice Help!  (Read 855 times)
countofmontecristo (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 08:48:40 PM

Hi, can anyone help me with some of the basics, I just cant totally figure this out.

I want to pay someone "anonymously" with Bitcoins. Can I, buy Bitcoins using paypal or similar, send them the Bitcoin (untraceable to me as far as they are concerned) and then they cash it out to paypal or similar? Are there exchanges that will let me buy and the other cash out like this?

I really can't figure it out myself.

Thanks for any help!
Colin Miner

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2014, 09:18:10 PM

Buy bitcoins at https://localbitcoins.com, send them with your wallet to his wallet and then he can cash them out at https://localbitcoins.com.

Don't use paypal, its too easy to be scammed or scam. Localbitcoins is safe and quite well protected for anonymity and allow you to buy with a bank transfer, other online payments or face-to-face deals with locals.

FREE Namecoins (NMC), Devcoins (DVC) and IxCoins (iXC) while you mine Bitcoins (BTC) on the pool, in the cloud or both. Free to join, click here to Sign Up and mine your free coins.
Cheap VPS Hosting here or budget conscious Free cPanel hosting here. Buy BTC the safe and easy way at Localbitcoins.com (US and UK).
 "I'm no longer as confident as I was this morning." - xkeyscore89.  My Addie.cc.
more Free: BTC, LTC, FTC, TIPS, WDC, EAC & IFC
Sonny

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 11:22:33 PM

Localbitcoins is safe and quite well protected for anonymity and allow you to buy with a bank transfer, other online payments or face-to-face deals with locals.

localbitcoins is safe, only if you trades with those well-trusted traders.
I have seen a few reports here that people receiving wire transfer have been chargeback after releasing the bitcoin.
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 11:39:52 PM

Localbitcoins is safe and quite well protected for anonymity and allow you to buy with a bank transfer, other online payments or face-to-face deals with locals.

localbitcoins is safe, only if you trades with those well-trusted traders.
I have seen a few reports here that people receiving wire transfer have been chargeback after releasing the bitcoin.

When buying Bitcoin from a person you should always take care of your security at most.

I prefer to buy bitcoin @ exchanges.

Localbitcoins is good as long as you keep yourself secure.
Your ID's, Passwd, and money Smiley
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 4668

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 01:19:46 AM

Anonymity is a process, not a state of being.

Saying, "I want to be anonymous, if I do XYZ will I be anonymous?"

Is like saying, "I want enough time to elapse, if I wait 3 seconds will enough time have elapsed?"

How anonymous?  Anonymous from whom?

Please understand that bitcoin does not in and of itself give you anonymity.  Bitcoin is a tool that can be used to increase anonymity when the appropriate steps are taken, but it is extremely difficult to make a payment for a product or service and remain 100% anonymous with bitcoin.

As for your question about how to get bitcoins and use them to make a payment:

Most of the online currency exchanges halted bitcoin withdrawals earlier this week.  Some of them may have resumed withdrawals, others have not.  A few of the more commonly known exchanges are:

BitStamp
BTC-E
MtGox

You can read about each and make your own decisions about how easy they are to work with and what is required to get payment to them and receive bitcoins from them.  As far as I know, none of them accept PayPal, so you would most likely have to contact your bank and arrange a wire transfer to the currency exchange.

If you are located in the U.S. you could also consider purchasing your bitcoins from CoinBase or BitSimple.  Each of those services require you to link a bank account to the service.  Coinbase requires you to give them permission to take the payment out of your bank account.  BitSimple requires you to wire them the payment.

As others have mentioned, you can also search on localbitcoins.com to see if there is anyone near you that is selling bitcoins.  In that case you can make arrangements to meet with them and hand them cash for the bitcoins.

Another option is to search through the "Currency Exchange" sub forum on bitcointalk.  Many bitcoin sellers there offer bitcoins in exchange for GreenDot MoneyPak or other forms of payment.  Be careful to avoid being scammed.  Consider using an escrow service provided by one of the more trusted members of this forum: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=276897.0
roslinpl
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 01:24:05 AM

(...)
A few of the more commonly known exchanges are:

BitStamp
BTC-E
MtGox

(...)

Can I just ask why you don't put: Bter and Vircurex?

I see that old members usually dont use ^ ^ ^ and I don't understand why.
chocomav

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 08:45:19 PM

You can buy bitcoins easily at Coinbase (link your bank account to them) and then transfer your purchased coins to a new wallet address which you can use solely for the purpose of sending the bitcoins anonymously to your intended party. They don't need to know where you purchased your bitcoins.
Sonny

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 08:39:51 AM

You can buy bitcoins easily at Coinbase (link your bank account to them)

For Coinbase, it is definitely a good choice for US people, but not for others.

http://support.coinbase.com/customer/portal/articles/1392167-can-i-verify-my-identity-as-a-non-us-resident-
Can I verify my identity as a non-US resident?
Last Updated: Dec 31, 2013 08:47PM PST

At this point in time we can only support U.S. based customers. This means that any persons residing outside of the U.S. will not be able to complete the identity verification. We hope to add support for non-U.S. customers in the near future and appreciate your understanding.
Please remember that anyone can use our web-based bitcoin wallet without completing ID verification. We offer the ability to receive and store bitcoin, secure your funds with 2-factor, create recurring payments, manage paper wallets, and send bitcoin to email addresses. As always, there is no charge to receive, store, or send bitcoin. Coinbase will even pay the miner fees when sending bitcoin out of your account!
roslinpl
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2014, 05:12:00 PM

For Coinbase, it is definitely a good choice for US people, but not for others.

Indeed. In europe Coinbase is not recomended.
Pordik

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 05:47:19 PM

Hi, noob.

GL & fun.
Rulishix

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 09:16:37 PM

These guys are right. Never use Paypal to buy btc especially if you want to be anonymous. Lbtc is the way to go. Good luck!
fatguyyyyy

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

Bitcoin Mixer: https://BitLaunder.com

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2014, 11:16:00 PM

Look at localbitcoins like other have mentioned, it may be a bit higher rate, but its less hassle for you.

Plus btc price is dropping too.

Its a bit perfect timing cause Mt. Gox is going to shit too.

roslinpl
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2014, 12:36:40 AM

Hi, noob.

GL & fun.

Whats your reason to be rude? Smiley

Because your post seems not very nice for a newbie Tongue
Sonny

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 04:36:43 PM

Hi, noob.

GL & fun.

Whats your reason to be rude? Smiley

Because your post seems not very nice for a newbie Tongue

It seems Pordik is from China.
So, I guess it is probably just a translation problem (for the word "newbie" vs "noob")....
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: