Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 06:19:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin to paypal -- Legit ?  (Read 7700 times)
joeventura

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 01:52:27 AM

This thread attracts more new forum users than any other thread.
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
djdan200

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 05:25:27 AM

Hey guys,

I am new to this forum, but I googled "btc2money legit" and found this forum trying to find out if this site is a scam or not. I joined here to give you a heads up on my experience so far with this site.

I just started using it today for the first time. Looking up the whois for it, I see it is only a 1 month old website, which puts up a red flag for me, but hey everything was new at one point, so I gave it a shot.

I started off selling their minimum at .1 btc which was about $70 worth. I ended up receiving the money to my paypal in literally 15 minutes! Sweet! So I thought about it, and decided to go for a bit bigger gamble.

About 2 hours later I decided to sell about .7 btc at $500. This time things didn't go as smooth. Now they did send me this email though pretty promptly:

---------
Hello,

We received your payment, but we like to notify you that there may be some delays with withdrawal because our payment system is not working at the moment (denial-of-service attack).

We will keep you updated.
---------

So this kind of freaked me out. I'm like really? A DOS attack right when I put in a big order a few hours later? That's when I started searching around for if this site was a scam or not. Well I came upon some good knowledge that put me a bit at ease.

I looked at where my payment came from on Paypal, and it was "Virtual World Services GmbH" or virwox.com, one of the top BTC trading websites around. I visited their site, and sure enough, they had just posted a warning:

---------
2014-02-12: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT : BITCOIN WITHDRAWALS SUSPENDED!

Warning
Because of a denial-of-service attack against the Bitcoin protocol, we have to suspend Bitcoin withdrawals temporarily until a software fix is issued.
---------

So it seems some rare issue happened at virwox preventing them to send out btc. So for now, it doesn't seem like they are trying to scam me out of $500. I did ask for a refund in btc though because this might take a few days to resolve, but I haven't heard a response yet. Will post again when things change.

This site is a 100% Scam

interesting development

Hey guys, following up from before.

Well everything worked out good. I got paid my $500 worth of btc to paypal as I ordered and things went smoothly. This is the email I got from them shortly before getting paid:

---------------
Hello,

Our partner VirWox will give us special access anytime now, so we won't suffer from this DDOS attack. You will be paid out really soon.
Sorry for the small delay.
---------------

So apparently they have a special account with virwox.com. That site still says they are suspending btc payments, but I did receive my payment from virwox this time as well.

My plan is to continuously sell to these guys routinely since I make a decent amount of money doing it. Even though I am cautious, I want to trust in them. Funny, this topic has been gaining ranks in google when you search btc2money.net!

If anything goes wrong, I will be sure to let you all know! Btc2money.net don't you screw me over, I will be the first to let everyone know;)
PirateHatForTea

Activity: 181
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 06:07:28 AM

Obvious scammer sockpuppet is obvious.

Unlevereged financial instruments acting as a store of value that fluctuate 50% within 10 minutes is perfectly acceptable. I think it should be offered in IRA form to soon to be retirees.
hostmaster

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 06:10:02 AM

Domain was only registered less than 30 days ago
Paypal when find out Bitcoin transactions will suspend service.
BTC2Money.net

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 08:26:48 AM

Domain was only registered less than 30 days ago
Paypal when find out Bitcoin transactions will suspend service.

Part of the FAQs:

4.Will i have any problems with paypal because of the BTC to USD exchange or anything else?

No. Why? Because we are working with already established payment processors which have automated payouts with no option for a dispute. Those services (such as Virtual World Services) are first transferring the BTC to another legitimate currency and after that the funds are processed to USD and sent to paypal.

BTC2Money.net

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 08:33:12 AM

Hello.

I am a representative of the marketing team of BTC2Money.net

I would like to ask on which basis this accusation is made?

Joeventura, are you a client of ours? If you are, i am sure you have already received your payout, same as everyone else.

I have checked with our finance team and i have confirmation that there isn't even 1 pending payout. That means each client has been paid.

It is true that there was 2 hour delay caused by VirWox, but still all the payouts were made in the 3 hours window.

I request an administrator or a moderator of this forum to take a look at this thread and take measure against this false accusations. thank you

So I want to get some things straight,

First you manage the marketing for this website.  Correct?

You and the finance team work out of this location that is listed on your website:

http://imgur.com/AL8Z8ZA

Space seems a little cramped.

Is this also correct?

Next question you are in charge of marketing for this company and today is your first time on the #1 website for discussions about the bitcoin community. This is also correct?

You claim you pre-signed up 1200 people to try this system out is that correct? Where did you sign them up? how did you make people aware of the site?  Where did you advertise?

A simple Google search:
https://www.google.com/#q=btc2money.net

shows no sign of your website other than this thread, and the usual domain tools websites. Which say that the site is 30 days old.

Everyone who has tried your site has less than 20 posts on this site, looking at their posts they have nothing of any value in those posts except to get their post count up.

Final question...........

IDENTIFY YOURSELF.

Name, address, phone number, copy of your business license.

Waiting for your reply.

I do not manage the marketing team, i am representative of the marketing team.

The offices are not a castle, that is true. We are still new at the market and cannot afford big offices yet.

We did not do any direct marketing. We used facebook ads and google ads for promotion so people can learn about the site by themselves.
Each of the 1200+ pre-subscribers came voluntarily, no one was forced and no one was charged any price for that.

With my experience in the marketing field, i can tell you that almost no one is interested about the marketing habits of a company. It is the service that the clients are concerned with. This service is working flawlessly so far.

I think you will agree with me that the accusation made here are without any solid basis, but only assumptions. It is same as someone accuses you know that you are a thief without even getting to know you. That is not nice, isn't it?

For anymore questions we can be contacted at: info@btc2money.net ,or found at: 1 Nursery Ct London N17 8AR, UK. A visit requires making an appointment first.

We understand there are doubts when a new service shows up. And everyone can share opinions, but a stament as "100% not true" is not the best thing to do if you are not really 100% sure. So please do not accuse something which you are not familiar with yet.
Give a chance to our service to succeed or even try it; and if you feel unsatisfied at any time - feel free to make all the accusations on this forum and everywhere else. I do not belive that there will be any dissatisfaction that can cause something like that. thank you

smiba

Activity: 78
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 09:34:41 AM
Last edit: February 16, 2014, 07:25:44 AM by smiba

Okay, i hope they don't screw me over. Will post results

They screwed me over second time, please do not use!

EDIT 1: https://blockchain.info/tx/1e6024b98dcb845a0d7cbec36f514b2e46f6ec2d4dee937749256428dfa0f116

EDIT 2: 20 minutes later... Still no sign of my money (Maybe they're waiting for 6 confirmations?)

EDIT 3: Oh hey

EDIT 4: Succes!

Confirmed to be legit! (They still own me 0.01USD, but whatever)
jedisurfer

Activity: 54

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 01:59:00 PM

I wouldn't trust them yet because of one person's "successful" post.
smiba

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 02:06:05 PM

which bonus code did you use? the one mentioned in this thread? XWSEHQ ?

Yeah

Also please be warned, i sent 4BTC and now i got a message i'd need to wait for ~2 days.. Maybe they are having some problems which is understandable.. But still watch out
djdan200

Activity: 17

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 04:16:58 PM

I wouldn't trust them yet because of one person's "successful" post.

Two people's successful posts actually  Tongue

Yeah

Also please be warned, i sent 4BTC and now i got a message i'd need to wait for ~2 days.. Maybe they are having some problems which is understandable.. But still watch out

Damn let us know when you get it! Thats the type of stuff I was afraid of. There is a bit of turmoil in the BTC world right now because of that bug so it is understandable.
joeventura

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 04:28:46 PM

Yeah

Here is your Risk mitigation lesson for the year:

1. Do research before sending BTC to anyone
2. Risk the MINIMUM amount of BTC

So assume you didn't do any research and didn't see this thread.

Why would you send anything other than BTC0.1 to see if it worked.

I once did a person to person buy of an Altcoin for BTC

I never told the person how much I wanted to buy and just said, I will keep sending and you keep sending back, this way if he was going to screw me he would not know if a larger amount was coming....

First I sent  X amount and he sent back the right amount
then I sent X times 2 and he sent back the right amount
then I sent X times 4  etc etc etc

Downside there were like 10 transaction fees
Upside I minimized my risk.

Try it sometime.
smiba

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 05:01:28 PM

Yeah

Have you read the post i posted earlier? They paid me for my 2.2BTC, only this time it takes longer.
joeventura

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 05:08:04 PM

Yeah

Have you read the post i posted earlier? They paid me for my 2.2BTC, only this time it takes longer.

I read your past posts, you seem to be a trustworthy guy.

Jury is still out however.
johnny211

Activity: 170

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 03:18:56 AM
Last edit: February 15, 2014, 09:43:06 AM by johnny211

Just tried with .3 BTC. Will update.

UPDATE: 8 confirmations, no money, no e-mail.

UPDATE: Money came through Smiley Trying again with somewhat larger amounts.

UPDATE: Tried it again with 1 and 1.7 BTC. First one came through okay, after the second one they e-mailed me informing me that the platform is limited to a single transaction per day for each user and that they would be forwarding the last payment tomorrow. I'm okay with that for now. Their rates are great.
rohnearner

Activity: 350
Merit: 252

REAL-EYES || REAL-IZE || REAL-LIES||

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2014, 08:05:59 AM

Hey guys new here.. first post...

I think Bitcoin being accepted by paypal and other sites like Amazon will truly mean Bitcoin is here to STAY

I don't think anyone here posted that paypal is accepting bitcoins thats is never going to happen bitcoin is here to eat up Paypal like paypal likes to eat our $$$ paypal is one of the top5 most hated services around the internet  ,Paypal will never do that[accept btc], Its like coke starts selling Pepsi ..!

rohnearner

Activity: 350
Merit: 252

REAL-EYES || REAL-IZE || REAL-LIES||

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2014, 08:07:24 AM

Just tried with .3 BTC. Will update.

UPDATE: 8 confirmations, no money, no e-mail.

UPDATE: Money came through Smiley Trying again with somewhat larger amounts.
Sooner or later paypal will surely attack the account of service provider..!

polarhei

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Firing it up

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 12:44:59 PM

Who knows? I don't think that would work unless you use bitpay.

There is no direct way for bitcoin to paypal for the time being as paypal hates the concept much as they dislikes to change their current style.
smiba

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 07:25:11 AM

Maybe you guys want to read the mail conversation i had with them... Please stay away from this site

http://pastebin.com/T44i409i (Start from the end)
BitcoinWalker

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

$Gangnam works hard, so you don't have to.

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2014, 08:16:04 AM

If you do a few dollars here and there then it should be fine.

Investing with style!

johnny211

Activity: 170

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 02:22:34 PM

I am still waiting for my 1.7 BTC transaction to come through. Yesterday they promised I would get it today, but when querying them today I get the "levels" treatment. They want 3.4 BTC more to expedite the transaction, promising a three hour processing time.

As for now I would warn people to stay away. They need to put info on the web site with regards to these various limits and levels. Sketchy.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: