Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 07:47:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin to paypal -- Legit ?  (Read 7700 times)
Mav2000

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 04:50:40 AM

Ok, so I have been officially scammed out of every single bitcoin that I made over the last 2 months. I needed this money to pay my sons term fees and this guy scammed me big time. I begged, pleaded and went ballistic, but the guy wont even bother to reply anymore, after promising that he would return my money in 48 hours. That was 3 days ago and since then he has not bothered to reply to me at all.

So, I am going to take a few steps....to start with. Grin Grin

1. I sent a mail to Virwox yesterday and they are very clear that they have nothing to do with this site.

2. I sent a mail to Paypal this morning and they have passed on the site address and its contents to their legal department. They have also promised to keep me posted on their outcome.

3. I have sent an email to HSBC Bank UK and they have informed me that they have passed on my message to their frauds department. I have a couple of friends working there so I will be putting a bit of pressure on them to go after this guy.

4. I have also pushed one more of my friends into doing something on this guy. Hopefully, I will have more news on this as well.

Basically, I have lost my money and even though its not a large sum, I am going to go out of my way to make sure this guy gets his just rewards. If anyone else would like to join me, please do let me know.

This guy asked me to take down my comments after which he would return my money in 48 hours. I know he is still in touch with a few other people he has scammed. Now he is going to be sorry for scamming me and others like me.

Best of luck Mr. btc2money.net.......I hope the next few months will be rather eventful for you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jacko

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 10:03:14 AM

I'm really sorry you've lost all your BTC. I wish you the best of luck with all the means at your disposal for nailing this creep.

Mav2000

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 07:39:23 PM

Thanks man.
djdan200

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 05:53:09 PM

Anyone receive any money or an update from these sh*t heads?
joeventura

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 06:26:51 PM

You should ask LikeTurgenev

He said he got paid, but I think he is part of the scam.
joeventura

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 12:10:09 AM

I don't know about you, but i still have no problems with this website.

Even if you are telling the truth no one will believe someone with so few posts. NO OFFENSE.
joeventura

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 01:06:12 AM

Oh yes? i don't give a f**k
But as i can see you believe on other with smaller number of posts if it's not working?

You are so funny

You know there are TWO threads about this right?

And you know some members with a few hundred posts has lost 4+ BTC to this, but you know that right?
djdan200

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:38:58 PM

I don't know about you, but i still have no problems with this website.

I agree that this site works occasionally for the first couple times using it, but as soon as you get stuck in their "level" system, your'e basically screwed. They keep asking for more and more money promising immediate payout like before, but they never deliver.
djdan200

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 11:51:03 PM

Anyone ask for a refund yet? I have 3 options with my stuck btc:

1) I can pay them twice as much btc to make my transaction exit the "level" process. (Which I will never do)

2) I can wait for the "developers" to fix the "stuck in waiting" issue, which the guy said could take 1-2 weeks. Then if they ever do, I will be paid.

3) I can ask for a refund of my btc, which will take 7-10 days supposedly, and is irreversible once started.

Right now I'm at option 2. I have fully accepted that I will likely never see my money or btc again.
joeventura

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 12:47:29 AM

Anyone ask for a refund yet? I have 3 options with my stuck btc:

1) I can pay them twice as much btc to make my transaction exit the "level" process. (Which I will never do)

2) I can wait for the "developers" to fix the "stuck in waiting" issue, which the guy said could take 1-2 weeks. Then if they ever do, I will be paid.

3) I can ask for a refund of my btc, which will take 7-10 days supposedly, and is irreversible once started.

Right now I'm at option 2. I have fully accepted that I will likely never see my money or btc again.

OPTION 3!!!!!

Mav2000

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 07:30:19 AM

Dont bother putting in more moeny....I have yet to get even a reply from these scammers since they last confirmed that they will pay me back. That was like 6 days ago.

Ask for a payout, though I dont know if you will get it or not.
johnny211

Activity: 170
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 08:42:49 AM

They put in a lot of work to scam a few BTC, sure makes one think they could just as easily earn some honest bucks. But whatever, let us all take home a lesson from this and perhaps it will not be so easy for them next time.
djdan200

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 05:55:12 PM

Dont bother putting in more moeny....I have yet to get even a reply from these scammers since they last confirmed that they will pay me back. That was like 6 days ago.

Ask for a payout, though I dont know if you will get it or not.

Hey Mav, Did you ask them to refund your btc? I want to see if anyone else gets a refund first before I tell them I want one.
johnny211

Activity: 170
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 09:59:25 PM

I asked for a refund quite some time ago, I got a friendly e-mail promising to process it as soon as possible, no money has shown up obviously.
Mav2000

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 04:56:53 AM

I asked for a refund or payout, maybe around 7 days ago. They asked me to take down any negative reviews and when I did, they sai I would get my money in 48 hours.

Nothing till today, not even an email reply since the last 7 days. This guy is obviously not here for the long term. I have not bothered to post his emails, but if you see some of those you would realise that he is just here to scam people. No real company would treat their customers the way they did treat me.
djdan200

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 05:07:59 PM

Any updates? I'm losing hope Sad
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 05:09:15 PM

Your losing hope?  It is a scam.  It always was a scam.  You give them Bitcoins, they give you nothing.  The system is working exactly as they intended.  I mean you have 5+ pages of documented evidence of a scam.  Why would a scammer who already robbed you of your bitcoins clean, give them back?
djdan200

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 10:33:13 PM

Your losing hope?  It is a scam.  It always was a scam.  You give them Bitcoins, they give you nothing.  The system is working exactly as they intended.  I mean you have 5+ pages of documented evidence of a scam.  Why would a scammer who already robbed you of your bitcoins clean, give them back?

Well like I said I've successfully traded with them about 4x so far, so they are not 100% scamming everyone. The excuses they've given me so far are all that their system runs through an automated process that they can not control, and their developers are trying to change(fix) it.

What I am "hopeful" for, rather than blatantly calling them scammers, is that they have a legitimate, although unprofessional, reason for not paying me yet and not refunding the other people.

From my experience with them, I believe it is possible that they are not scammers, but instead bought an automated program for btc buying and selling from someone else, and the program is not working as they thought it would.  Since they did not make the script themselves, their developers would have to reverse engineer the program to learn how to make it perform differently. I am a programmer myself, so I understand that this is a lengthy painful process to do, especially when you do not know the original programmer who made the script.

If this is the case, when they run into an error or response they didn't expect, they wouldn't know how to resolve it. This is very unprofessional as they should have either wrote their own script based on the one they bought, or reverse engineered it and learned how to use their current script before launching it on their website. This would make then unprofessional idiots, not scammers.

So yes this is the "hopeful" scenario, but everyday I lose hope that they're trying to fix anything at all and they'll just quit and run with what they've taken.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 10:49:53 PM
Last edit: March 04, 2014, 06:26:21 AM by DeathAndTaxes

It is called a confidence job.  If the first small transaction was never paid ... they would be able to steal one small transaction.  Scammers aren't dumb.  The early payments are in investment in the scam.  Payout a couple early transactions, and now they are "legit".   When the bigger transactions come in they have some "problems".  Interesting that the "solution" to their problems is you sending even more bitcoins no?  Eventually they go silent and just hope to catch noobs who stumble across them without researching first.  When that dries up the site will disappear and a new one with an amazing deal will pop up.

I really am sorry for your loss but once you see a couple hundred scams it becomes very obvious to spot them.  
The brand new site with "back history" appearing out of nowhere - check.
The long time bitcoiner who has never had an account at bitcointalk - check.
The better than anyone else but not too good deal - check.
The big logos of partners which don't stand up (virwox never heard of them) - check.
The swam of single digit users who appear out of nowhere asking about and vouching for the site - check.
The bogus delay tactics and requests for more money - check.

Name:   BTC2Money.net
Activity:   3
Position:   Newbie
Date Registered:   February 12, 2014, 06:34:06 PM
Last Active:   February 19, 2014, 01:51:21 PM

Joe gave you the right answer almost three weeks ago.  
This site is a 100% Scam
Mav2000

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 06:00:25 AM

Its a scam...its been 20+ days since they took my money and for the last 14 days there has not been a single reply from them to my emails.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: