Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:58:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How many days does a SEPA transfer take from Mt.Gox  (Read 2243 times)
fastandfurious (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 28, 2011, 05:00:54 AM

I made a request for transfer of my money on Saturday, so the withdrawal order probably went through on Monday. Now it is Wednesday and the money isn't still on my account. What is your experience of SEPA transfers, how many days should it take?

I thought that SEPA transfers main points are that it is pretty fast and cheap.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2011, 05:08:23 AM

Assuming he's wiring it from his HK account, it should take 2-3 days but sometimes 4-5.

If you don't see it by Thursday, I would hop in IRC and query MagicalTux. The best time is around 9pm eastern (10am Tokyo) when the office opens.

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
fastandfurious (OP)

View Profile
September 29, 2011, 07:22:22 AM

Assuming he's wiring it from his HK account, it should take 2-3 days but sometimes 4-5.

If you don't see it by Thursday, I would hop in IRC and query MagicalTux. The best time is around 9pm eastern (10am Tokyo) when the office opens.

I have talked to my bank and they thought that this is strange, the money should have been on my account yesterday, and it should not take more then 2 bank days to transfer the money, today it is Thursday, so that is 3 bank days. Asking again, anyone have had any problems with SEPA transfers? Or anyone has had SEPA transfers going through fine?

I have a lot of money on Mt.Gox so I would like to know if someone have tried to do any SEPA transfers.

Magical.Tux have been away from IRC/Freenode for over 2 days with no answers, so no help there.

repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
September 29, 2011, 07:31:27 AM

I have talked to my bank and they thought that this is strange, the money should have been on my account yesterday, and it should not take more then 2 bank days to transfer the money, today it is Thursday, so that is 3 bank days. Asking again, anyone have had any problems with SEPA transfers? Or anyone has had SEPA transfers going through fine?

I have a lot of money on Mt.Gox so I would like to know if someone have tried to do any SEPA transfers.

Magical.Tux have been away from IRC/Freenode for over 2 days with no answers, so no help there.

A MtGox support account has been registered for this forum.  If they don't find their way to this thread soon, it might be worth shooting them a PM.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=42942;sa=showPosts

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
zby
Legendary

Activity: 1592
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 29, 2011, 08:05:22 AM

It took about a week for my withdrawals back in July.
Grinder
Legendary

Activity: 1284
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 29, 2011, 12:07:07 PM

Anywhere from 2 days to weeks, in my experience.
fastandfurious (OP)

View Profile
September 29, 2011, 02:51:44 PM

Still no answer from Mark Karpeles. I had an answer from the support saying that they didn't know when SEPA transfers will work again (meaning my transfer is not going to go through), but that didn't help much. I want to higher my limit so I can make some bigger withdrawals, but it almost seems like they want you to keep the money on the account. Right now I don't want that for different reasons, but MT.Gox is making it very hard for me to get my money out.

Does anyone have any contact with Mark in the last 1-2 days?
genjix
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1072

View Profile
September 29, 2011, 03:08:05 PM

You might want to try MagicalTux on #mtgox Freenode IRC
fastandfurious (OP)

View Profile
September 29, 2011, 03:17:32 PM

You might want to try MagicalTux on #mtgox Freenode IRC

Tried it many times, he hasn't been online for the last 2 days.
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2011, 10:12:27 PM

I spoke to him yesterday.

Also, check this out https://support.mtgox.com/entries/20474197-outage-12717-international-wire-deposits-delayed

[OUTAGE-12717] International Wire Deposits Delayed

Hello Mt.Gox Users,

Due to an unknown cause, International wire deposits made to our HSBC account cannot be located within our database at the moment. This will delay all deposits made previously and and in the future until further notice. Issue is currently being investigated and an update will be followed in 24 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused. If possible, please use other funding options for adding funds.

Although I could only speculate, maybe he's waiting to sort this before he wires the withdrawals.

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

fastandfurious (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2011, 10:27:03 AM

I spoke to him yesterday.

Also, check this out https://support.mtgox.com/entries/20474197-outage-12717-international-wire-deposits-delayed

[OUTAGE-12717] International Wire Deposits Delayed

Hello Mt.Gox Users,

Due to an unknown cause, International wire deposits made to our HSBC account cannot be located within our database at the moment. This will delay all deposits made previously and and in the future until further notice. Issue is currently being investigated and an update will be followed in 24 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused. If possible, please use other funding options for adding funds.

Although I could only speculate, maybe he's waiting to sort this before he wires the withdrawals.

Good for you that you could talk to him, I haven't been that lucky, hard to know what is happening, but he isn't doing it any better when he doesn't communicate.

I am trying Paxum withdrawal right now, what is your experience there, same as SEPA?
fastandfurious (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2011, 10:29:49 AM
Last edit: October 05, 2011, 03:07:17 PM by fastandfurious

So my situation is like this right now:

3500 dollars "stuck" at a pending SEPA transfer. No idea how long that will take according to the info I got.

2000 dollar transferred today to Paxum, lets see what will happen to this one.

I will update this thread when I have any new info.

Edit:

2000 dollars for a Paxum withdrawal are on my Paxum account.

3500 dollars for a SEPA withdrawal is on my account
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2011, 09:44:43 PM

So my situation is like this right now:

3500 dollars "stuck" at a pending SEPA transfer. No idea how long that will take according to the info I got.

2000 dollar transferred today to Paxum, lets see what will happen to this one.

I will update this thread when I have any new info.

Edit:

2000 dollars for a Paxum withdrawal are on my Paxum account.

Glad to see you got your Paxum, if you don't receive the wire by Monday I would start busting some balls on the irc channel..

fyi, within the next 2 months, you will be able to do instant withdrawals from the top 4 exchanges using BitInstant
Thats just one of the things we're working on, you will be quite surprised what we have in store  Grin

Send me a PM, next time I speak to Gox, Ill try and see whatsup

-Charlie

Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
September 30, 2011, 10:00:22 PM

I assume that you already have one, but if not you'll be offered a free MtGoxed sovenier Yubi key for your pains, in my case it didn't make up for the 50% BTC price change whilst waiting for my funds to clear back in early Aug via a UK 'fast' transfer to their UK HSBC acnt that everyone else processes in 2 hours max - they knew they had a problem with these but didn't bother to inform the clients who were using this service - I'd of hoped by now that they were getting their act together a bit more so that when things like this happen they give warnings & real time updates to those who have been affected

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
fastandfurious (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2011, 07:03:12 PM
Last edit: October 05, 2011, 03:08:51 PM by fastandfurious

Thanks for giving a helping hand if I would need it in the future, Charlie.

Yes I have a Yubikey, and Mt.Gox should as you are saying, be much better at communicating with their customers.

I had two separate SEPA withdrawals (on 1500 dollars and the other 2000 dollars), the one of 1500 dollars seem to be on its way to my bank account within a couple of days, I will update my post as I promised when I have them on my bank account.

I also did a Paxum withdrawal again today of 1995 dollars, still no sign of that money, lets see what will happen to this one.

Edit

I did a new SEPA withdrawal for 1990 dollars, this one hasn't gone through yet.

Also my Paxum withdrawal of 1995 dollars hasn't gone through yet as well.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: