Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 07:50:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] "GOX" BTC <=> "Real" BTC exchange at bitcoinbuilder.com!  (Read 10212 times)
TheKoziTwo
Legendary

Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 01:56:01 PM

I reported a serious bug more than 24 hours ago, still no reply despite tweets going out in the meantime. Neither did I receive my withdraw which has been pending for more than 24 hours as well.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BtC Gamer

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 02:49:38 PM
Last edit: February 24, 2014, 03:11:40 PM by BtC Gamer

Hopefully Mark Karpeles can now concentrate on getting things figured out.  His ego has definitely gotten the best of him.  A little reassurance with evidence of a nice fat BtC wallet balance is overdue.

We can only pray he's using Bitcoin Builder to buy back any missing BtC at 70% off.  With his OWN lootcakes!

Plenty of evidence Mark knew his wallet implementation was problematic.

Thanks Josh for all your efforts.  Everything going smoothly for me: deposits, trading, withdrawals = smooth.

Now we need Gox to restart in the next few weeks.
TheFootMan

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 08:46:08 PM

Heya!

Sorry about that.. we're using blockchain's "payment API" to receive the btc in, and since Tuesday they've been having intermittent lags on processing deposits! It looks like yours did go through now though.. it took them 27 confirmations to notice. :/

Thanks for using bitcoin builder!!

josh!

Josh, thank you for creating this service.

Josh, with all due respect, there are people waiting for their bitcoins, it would be nice if you were able to clear up the que and also it would be very nice if you could post updates in this thread about the status of your service. I think it would be in your best interest to process withdrawals in a timely manner. If you're swamped, then let the community know so, if not allegations of fraud will inevitably start to surface, unjust or not. I'm sorry if this come forward as harsh, but people tend to become nervous when their money is 'stuck'.
Pierre

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 01:34:10 AM

I really don't understand why people value this risk (which is tremendous) at above 0.5 BTC

To swap risks, and that is what people are doing here, I would not pay anything above 0.38

great for the sellers of GoxBTC but I think buyers give in a little too easy here

How about now?
Chang Hum

Activity: 714
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 07:58:09 AM

I've noticed there's no statement on your site, and trading seems to continue how is this possible when your service involves inter-account transfers on MTGox which has been taken down?

Edit: Should I expect a reply here? just noticed Josh last post 11 days ago although he was logged in 2 hours ago! something a little bit fishy here!
Rannasha

Activity: 728

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 08:02:19 AM

I've noticed there's no statement on your site, and trading seems to continue how is this possible when your service involves inter-account transfers on MTGox which has been taken down?

Edit: Should I expect a reply here? just noticed Josh last post 11 days ago although he was logged in 2 hours ago! something a little bit fishy here!

He's active on Twitter (https://twitter.com/BTCBLDR), but mostly discussing an upcoming site maintenance.
Chang Hum

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 08:04:22 AM

He's active on Twitter (https://twitter.com/BTCBLDR), but mostly discussing an upcoming site maintenance.

Cheers!
TheFootMan

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:35:45 AM

Cheers!

Got transferred realbtc out of bitcoinbuilder.com today, for a trade done saturday. Thanks.

The reason it is possible to still trade on bitcoin builder is because now you can trade with virtual gox coins. All this means is that Gox-coins previously transferred to bitcoinbuilder is listed as numbers in bitcoinbuilders database. So let's say they have 20000 goxcoins in their mtgox account. This is currently inaccessible to bitcoinbuilder, but traders at bitcoinbuilders can still sell and buy whatever gox coins they have stored with bitcoinbuilder. But bitcoinbuilder will not be able to send gox coins to any customer before MtGox reopens their system, which might never happen.
Chang Hum

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:40:36 AM

Cheers!

Got transferred realbtc out of bitcoinbuilder.com today, for a trade done saturday. Thanks.

The reason it is possible to still trade on bitcoin builder is because now you can trade with virtual gox coins. All this means is that Gox-coins previously transferred to bitcoinbuilder is listed as numbers in bitcoinbuilders database. So let's say they have 20000 goxcoins in their mtgox account. This is currently inaccessible to bitcoinbuilder, but traders at bitcoinbuilders can still sell and buy whatever gox coins they have stored with bitcoinbuilder. But bitcoinbuilder will not be able to send gox coins to any customer before MtGox reopens their system, which might never happen.

Thanks for explanation, interesting the price has rallied nearly 100% since todays low on such a flakey arrangement
Frankie

Activity: 206

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 12:19:50 PM

Thanks for explanation, interesting the price has rallied nearly 100% since todays low on such a flakey arrangement

Lot of optimism for a takeover.
idee2013

Activity: 407
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 03:01:01 PM

How long does the verification take at  BTCbuilder??
roy7

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 03:02:14 PM

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/02/25/bitcoin-mtgox-ceo-idUSL1N0LU12G20140225
Templer

Activity: 218

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 07:57:04 PM

How long does the verification take at  BTCbuilder??

took me about 10minutes!
BTC showed up on 3 Verifications.
travwill

Activity: 1313
Merit: 278

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:59:27 PM

Ah it is a risk but we'll see.  Could pay off.  Bought 7.5 GoxBTC for the price of 1 real BTC (something like 1.3 ratio).  If those come through and then market shoots up, it'll be definitely worth it.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██                ▄▄▄███████▄▄                 ██
██             ▄███▀▀        ▀▀▄               ██
██▄▄███████▀  ███▀                             ██
██▀█▄▄       ███▀   ▐███████▄    ▄██▄          ██
██  ▀███▄▄▄ ███▌    ▐██    ██    ▀██▀          ██
██      ▀▀█████▌    ▐███████▀           ▀▀██▄▄ ██
██          ███▌    ▐██ ▄▄▄                 ▀████
██           ███▄   ▐██  ▀██▄ ▀▀▀███████████▀▀ ██
██            ████▄             ▄█▀            ██
██             ▀████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀              ██
██                ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀                ██
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
VIRTUAL WORLDS
BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
D I S C O R D     
M E D I U M     
G I T B O O K     
TheFootMan

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 11:18:23 PM

Ah it is a risk but we'll see.  Could pay off.  Bought 7.5 GoxBTC for the price of 1 real BTC (something like 1.3 ratio).  If those come through and then market shoots up, it'll be definitely worth it.

The chance of that happening now is very close to 0%.
BlockChains

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 04:31:22 PM

Anyone else stuck at the landing page? It forces you to a FAQ but when you agree to proceed it says page not found.  Way to go Josh.... Lock a bunch of bitcoiners out from their money who have just been traumatized by being locked out from their money.  Stay classy. 
roy7

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 04:34:03 PM

Anyone else stuck at the landing page? It forces you to a FAQ but when you agree to proceed it says page not found.  Way to go Josh.... Lock a bunch of bitcoiners out from their money who have just been traumatized by being locked out from their money.  Stay classy. 

Did you email and let him know? I reported a database problem yesterday and he fixed it very quickly.
BlockChains

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 04:48:07 PM

No I just figured I'd whine about it in the forum.
roy7

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 06:46:05 PM

Working fine atm.
BlockChains

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 07:04:31 PM

Yeah its been fixed pretty much since my last post. See, whining works when someone is as good as Josh.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: