Bitcoin Forum
July 15, 2024, 09:50:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you switch your mined coins to USDT immediately or do you HODL?  (Read 373 times)
realaccountakira

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 03:06:11 AM

It's very simple. In a bull market hold your coins. In a bear market sell them for usdt.

Those that hodl their coins in 1st half of 2018 got rekt. Those that didn't hodl their coins in 2017 got rekt.

As for me I don't care as much. My rigs are paid off by holding most of my coins i bought in early 2017 and I use my normal day job to pay electric every month. I'm probably in the negative due to this but I'll wait till next bull run in 2 to 3 years before I sell.

Above post is actually a great example of why you should just HODL. I just think he got his first sentence mixed up.

Your mining business plan should take into consideration the electric costs because holding and selling in a BULL market is the way to make decent profits here. I mine, convert to, and hold Bitcoin and Ethereum knowing that a few years from now, the values of these coins will surely rise.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
nsummy

Activity: 1179
Merit: 131

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 03:43:10 AM

It's very simple. In a bull market hold your coins. In a bear market sell them for usdt.

Those that hodl their coins in 1st half of 2018 got rekt. Those that didn't hodl their coins in 2017 got rekt.

As for me I don't care as much. My rigs are paid off by holding most of my coins i bought in early 2017 and I use my normal day job to pay electric every month. I'm probably in the negative due to this but I'll wait till next bull run in 2 to 3 years before I sell.

You have it backward.  Sell in a bull market, hold in a bear market.  If you held your coins in the 1st half of 2018 you didn't get wrecked.  The idiots that sold everything when the price plummeted got wrecked.
nsummy

Activity: 1179
Merit: 131

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 03:46:07 AM

I think if OP would have asked this question in December he would have gotten different responses Smiley  Personally right now I sell my altcoins at pretty regular intervals but am holding the bitcoin.  If/when bitcoin reaches 10k ill probably sell some off.  I am also holding eth, zcoin, Shield, and Intensecoin as I think they will all rise.  I don't have faith that most current altcoins that are popular will rise.  A reoccuring theme with a lot of these are masternodes.  At first there is a lot of demand, but that plummets
lunobird

Activity: 846
Merit: 115

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 06:20:17 AM

You have it backward.  Sell in a bull market, hold in a bear market.  If you held your coins in the 1st half of 2018 you didn't get wrecked.  The idiots that sold everything when the price plummeted got wrecked.

Ya let me rephrase that. I meant to say sell at the later end stage of the bull run and hold if your already too deep many months into the bear trend. Play the larger market cycles

I personally don't sell any coins i mine until I get a 10x return. Anything less then that doesn't interest me

treanski

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 07:10:30 AM

Hi miners!
I'm quite curious about one thing.
Do you guys switch your mined coins to USDT immediately or do you guys HODL?
Which strategy should I choose?

since i paid of my hardware im hodling everything for few years or till the next big bullrun Grin

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: