Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:29:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: do ethereum compete with bitcoin?  (Read 1945 times)
maxy1999 (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 10:47:58 AM

as if it is in the second place and nearer to the bitcoin then compare to other coins,
maybe in future it may beat bitcoin
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nagendra1976

Activity: 17

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 10:51:49 AM

it can beat bitcoin, bitcoin has market gone down,because buyers are buying less bitcoin, they are checking other bitcoins, which is good and highest price.
Bumblecoin

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 10:58:43 AM

it can beat bitcoin, bitcoin has market gone down,because buyers are buying less bitcoin, they are checking other bitcoins, which is good and highest price.
Yes, probably etherium can compete with bitcoin. More and more people are getting more interested with etherium. But anyway, as long as bitcoin is available, I know the people will choose bitcoin.
karinaloren

Activity: 91

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 11:00:02 AM

In May, according to “Global Public Chain Technology Evaluation Index" (ranking in China), Ethereum was named the cryptocurrency No.1, while Bitcoin was ranked 13th. In June, Ethereum lost its position and became No.2, but Bitcoin was still lower (17th).
So, as we can see some experts really see much more potential in Ethereum.
Sir Cross

Activity: 336
Merit: 106

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 11:06:51 AM

I don’t think that bitcoin and ethereum is in a competition as they both offer different services, and have different objectives. Ethereum being second in the market does not necessarily mean that the coins are having a competition. I think the rankings are just there to show investors the value of different cryptocurrencies and to show each of the coin’s growth and development.

mattcode
Copper Member

Activity: 282
Merit: 31

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 11:09:11 AM

No. Ethereum is not immutable like Bitcoin.

"Code is law". That was until the DAO hack and Vitalik rolled back the chain to recover his friends' ETH  Roll Eyes
bitlegacy209

Activity: 18

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 11:12:51 AM

bitcoin act as store of value (well not these days) ans ethereum is entirely different concept a ecosystem to integrate blockchain with real world and i am seeing ethereum future brighter then bitcoin
SUDARMONO

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 11:17:13 AM

If you look at it like there is a rivalry between bitcoin and ethereum, but I think to rival the bitcoin and ethereum into number one it is very hard to happen.
Batask

Activity: 146
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 11:17:17 AM

I think ethereum does not compete bitcoin and for me no onencan beat bitcoin, no one can beat the king of all coins, instead they make bitcoin the bases, eth has a potential to be like bitcoin so lets wait that happen.
Samaaliu

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 11:17:31 AM

Ethereum to me is the closest rival to Bitcoin and is doing quite well in terms of a share in the market. If there is ever going to be any altcoin that will match up with Bitcoin in terms of price or market share, it is likely going to be ethereum.
Snakerist

Activity: 336
Merit: 15

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 11:28:29 AM

Of course Ethereum compete with Bitcoin, but I don't think that it's possible for it to replace Bitcoin in near future, because Bitcoin is still far more recognizable in the world.

jdamayo28

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 11:33:35 AM

Ethereum to me is the closest rival to Bitcoin and is doing quite well in terms of a share in the market. If there is ever going to be any altcoin that will match up with Bitcoin in terms of price or market share, it is likely going to be ethereum.

Ethereum performing very well in the market in the last few years. But I guess, its not enough to say that it is now competing with bitcoin. Maybe in the next few years, it will but as of now, no other coins for me competing the legacy of bitcoin in the market.
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 11:35:24 AM

just keep in mind that ETH is centralized and - you will get your answers yourself.
burky156

Activity: 658
Merit: 112

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 11:35:39 AM

No ofcourse not. I think the Ethereum is BTC's little brother. They act together okay but not always. ETH created  its own platform in years. But Bitcoin has stayed unique and special. Ethereum markets is bigger than Bitcoin's but as i say BTC is something unique and never can broken.
jeihjeih
Copper Member

Activity: 55

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 11:36:05 AM

I’m actually going to say yes. I’m not really a BTC maximalist, but current market is not big enough for so many altcoins. This doesn’t mean it’s bad though.
ajqjjj

Activity: 1498
Merit: 507

Not your Keys, not your Bitcoin

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 11:38:53 AM

as if it is in the second place and nearer to the bitcoin then compare to other coins,
maybe in future it may beat bitcoin
It is impossible in forever because everyone know the right choice so Bitcoin is always maintain a first and Ethereum will be second. In current scenario Bitcoin is recover slowly others also follow the same way so forever will raise automatically Ethereum also raise and Bitcoin is down Ethereum also down in the market.

-support Bitcoin Community Bitcointalk.org-
Always verify wallet to store your Bitcoin
Donations are open, send PM
shivakumar D S

Activity: 114

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 12:01:37 PM

Yes, probably etherium can compete with bitcoin. More and more people are getting more interested with etherium. But anyway, as long as bitcoin is available, I know the people will choose bitcoin.

yes u r exactly true
ETH can't compitate with BTC and in feature also it will not come equal to BTC
maxy1999 (OP)

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 12:09:13 PM

yes u r exactly true
ETH can't compitate with BTC and in feature also it will not come equal to BTC

first while typing a message check ur spelling(feature) Grin
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 12:10:17 PM

just keep in mind that ETH is centralized and - you will get your answers yourself.

That fud has long been forgotten actually. It worked back when the price of ETH was less than $20, it dip back to $7 when a lot of guys fud about it being centralized. I guess those who fud had already enough ETH to cover their mouth. Maybe its you have had spent all you got and you are left with no ETH anymore. ERC tokens are building the internet already, more than half of the tokens are using ETH chain, you might just have to join and invest even just few so you won't be left behind again.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
seijuro

Activity: 11

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 01:18:44 PM

No because ethereum rely only on bitcoin. We all know that bitcoin is much higher value than ethereum and we all know that when bitcoin value gets down all cryptocurrency and ethereum will go down also because some cryto are rely on bitcoin.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: