Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 07:00:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: do ethereum compete with bitcoin?  (Read 1945 times)
maxy1999 (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 10:47:58 AM

as if it is in the second place and nearer to the bitcoin then compare to other coins,
maybe in future it may beat bitcoin
nagendra1976

Activity: 17

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 10:51:49 AM

it can beat bitcoin, bitcoin has market gone down,because buyers are buying less bitcoin, they are checking other bitcoins, which is good and highest price.
Bumblecoin

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 10:58:43 AM

it can beat bitcoin, bitcoin has market gone down,because buyers are buying less bitcoin, they are checking other bitcoins, which is good and highest price.
Yes, probably etherium can compete with bitcoin. More and more people are getting more interested with etherium. But anyway, as long as bitcoin is available, I know the people will choose bitcoin.
karinaloren

Activity: 91

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 11:00:02 AM

In May, according to “Global Public Chain Technology Evaluation Index" (ranking in China), Ethereum was named the cryptocurrency No.1, while Bitcoin was ranked 13th. In June, Ethereum lost its position and became No.2, but Bitcoin was still lower (17th).
So, as we can see some experts really see much more potential in Ethereum.
Sir Cross

Activity: 336
Merit: 106

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 11:06:51 AM

I don’t think that bitcoin and ethereum is in a competition as they both offer different services, and have different objectives. Ethereum being second in the market does not necessarily mean that the coins are having a competition. I think the rankings are just there to show investors the value of different cryptocurrencies and to show each of the coin’s growth and development.

mattcode
Copper Member

Activity: 282
Merit: 31

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 11:09:11 AM

No. Ethereum is not immutable like Bitcoin.

"Code is law". That was until the DAO hack and Vitalik rolled back the chain to recover his friends' ETH  Roll Eyes
bitlegacy209

Activity: 18

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 11:12:51 AM

bitcoin act as store of value (well not these days) ans ethereum is entirely different concept a ecosystem to integrate blockchain with real world and i am seeing ethereum future brighter then bitcoin
SUDARMONO

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 11:17:13 AM

If you look at it like there is a rivalry between bitcoin and ethereum, but I think to rival the bitcoin and ethereum into number one it is very hard to happen.
Batask

Activity: 146
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 11:17:17 AM

I think ethereum does not compete bitcoin and for me no onencan beat bitcoin, no one can beat the king of all coins, instead they make bitcoin the bases, eth has a potential to be like bitcoin so lets wait that happen.
Samaaliu

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 11:17:31 AM

Ethereum to me is the closest rival to Bitcoin and is doing quite well in terms of a share in the market. If there is ever going to be any altcoin that will match up with Bitcoin in terms of price or market share, it is likely going to be ethereum.
Snakerist

Merit: 15

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 11:28:29 AM

Of course Ethereum compete with Bitcoin, but I don't think that it's possible for it to replace Bitcoin in near future, because Bitcoin is still far more recognizable in the world.

jdamayo28

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 11:33:35 AM

Ethereum to me is the closest rival to Bitcoin and is doing quite well in terms of a share in the market. If there is ever going to be any altcoin that will match up with Bitcoin in terms of price or market share, it is likely going to be ethereum.

Ethereum performing very well in the market in the last few years. But I guess, its not enough to say that it is now competing with bitcoin. Maybe in the next few years, it will but as of now, no other coins for me competing the legacy of bitcoin in the market.
bitfocus

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 11:35:24 AM

just keep in mind that ETH is centralized and - you will get your answers yourself.
burky156

Activity: 658
Merit: 112

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 11:35:39 AM

No ofcourse not. I think the Ethereum is BTC's little brother. They act together okay but not always. ETH created  its own platform in years. But Bitcoin has stayed unique and special. Ethereum markets is bigger than Bitcoin's but as i say BTC is something unique and never can broken.
jeihjeih
Copper Member

Activity: 55

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 11:36:05 AM

I’m actually going to say yes. I’m not really a BTC maximalist, but current market is not big enough for so many altcoins. This doesn’t mean it’s bad though.
ajqjjj

Activity: 1498
Merit: 507

Not your Keys, not your Bitcoin

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 11:38:53 AM

as if it is in the second place and nearer to the bitcoin then compare to other coins,
It is impossible in forever because everyone know the right choice so Bitcoin is always maintain a first and Ethereum will be second. In current scenario Bitcoin is recover slowly others also follow the same way so forever will raise automatically Ethereum also raise and Bitcoin is down Ethereum also down in the market.

-support Bitcoin Community Bitcointalk.org-
Always verify wallet to store your Bitcoin
Donations are open, send PM
shivakumar D S

Activity: 114

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 12:01:37 PM

Yes, probably etherium can compete with bitcoin. More and more people are getting more interested with etherium. But anyway, as long as bitcoin is available, I know the people will choose bitcoin.

yes u r exactly true
ETH can't compitate with BTC and in feature also it will not come equal to BTC
maxy1999 (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 12:09:13 PM

yes u r exactly true

first while typing a message check ur spelling(feature) Grin
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 12:10:17 PM

just keep in mind that ETH is centralized and - you will get your answers yourself.

That fud has long been forgotten actually. It worked back when the price of ETH was less than $20, it dip back to $7 when a lot of guys fud about it being centralized. I guess those who fud had already enough ETH to cover their mouth. Maybe its you have had spent all you got and you are left with no ETH anymore. ERC tokens are building the internet already, more than half of the tokens are using ETH chain, you might just have to join and invest even just few so you won't be left behind again.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
seijuro

Activity: 11

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 01:18:44 PM

No because ethereum rely only on bitcoin. We all know that bitcoin is much higher value than ethereum and we all know that when bitcoin value gets down all cryptocurrency and ethereum will go down also because some cryto are rely on bitcoin.
BitBite5

Activity: 210
Merit: 40

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 01:21:16 PM

To my opinion all altcoins compete with bitcoin. Every altocoin is probably made with desire to achive the same or even biger success than bitcoin and to take bitcoin's place. Of course the reason for that is profit.
But I don't think that Ethereum although is very good coin can actualy endanger bitcoin.
wilburwilbur

Activity: 266
Merit: 33

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 01:30:56 PM

Take a good luck at bitcoin, it still remains on the top despite of allegations that bitcoin is dead, scam or anything
Check cryptomarketcap and study bitcoin
Overall performance bitcoin still is number one but i can not deny the fact that etherium is one hell of a good coin and it beats bitcoin's transaction
Time will come, not now( i do not know when or if it will happen), that bitcoin will be overtaken by an alt currency

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
MCVXYZ

Activity: 630
Merit: 24

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 01:33:45 PM

Both of them are very different things.I personally don't think that ethereum is a classical payment method as bitcoin,therefore both coins have advantages and disadvantages,but if technical developers of bitcoin create something like ethereum's smart contracts than it may be possible,but not today...So I personally use bitcoin as a payment system and ethereum for another things to achieve special financial goals,therefore I don't think that this coins are competitors,because they are the best in their job and not the alternatives...
RAinery

Activity: 103

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 01:35:06 PM

Does not seem. Bitcoin is still king in the crypto world. Ethereum and bitcoin have unity with each other. Each has its own advantages.
lifesgood10

Activity: 378
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 01:36:53 PM

We should worry about etherum maintain good value in the market, whats the usefulness of the dominance when it is worth just 400$ on exchhange
we all should focus on etherum worthiness more than 1000$

The arguement is useless until etherum maintains worth of over 1000$, till then
No more argument, etherum can never compete with Bitcoin.
kier010

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 01:41:07 PM

altcoins from the beginning are created to cover up the flaws of bitcoin as well as to compete with it. years have pass but bitcoin is still strong and did not get beaten even once. eth can't surpass bitcoin it will remain behind it.
cryptothreads

Activity: 1274
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 01:46:00 PM

altcoins from the beginning are created to cover up the flaws of bitcoin as well as to compete with it. years have pass but bitcoin is still strong and did not get beaten even once. eth can't surpass bitcoin it will remain behind it.
Of course Bitcoin is the king of this market and no altcoin can compare to Bitcoin in the future as well as the present. I think if the Bitcoin price increases then the whole market will increase and vice versa but this will cause instability as the downtrend continues as the Bitcoin prices are depreciating and people are in a panic. If there is no intervention from the speculative funds, this market may return to zero
Beabtc11

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 01:46:57 PM

I think Ethereum does not compete to bitcoin. Ethereum is an advancement based on the principle of blockchain that supports bitcoin but with a purpose that does not compete with Bitcoin. Currently, the market cap of Ethereum is more than Ripple and Litecoin, although it's far behind Bitcoin. Bitcoin and Ethereum differ in purpose. While Bitcoin is created as an alternative to regular money and is thus a medium of payment transaction and store of value, Ethereum is developed as a platform which facilitates peer-to-peer contracts and applications via its own currency vehicle.
amacar2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1007

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 01:56:36 PM

Ethereum and Bitcoin never had competition because Ethereum is smart contract platform while bitcoin is solely for payments.
Ethereum will be famous among different companies that want to launch their ICOs and services while bitcoin will be considered as profitable invest-able asset.

Both can grow parallely without competing with each other.  

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Ararbermas

Activity: 1988
Merit: 283

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 02:01:05 PM

No because ethereum rely only on bitcoin. We all know that bitcoin is much higher value than ethereum and we all know that when bitcoin value gets down all cryptocurrency and ethereum will go down also because some cryto are rely on bitcoin.

Seriously ethereum relying on bitcoin and other alts? I think that's not mate true mate , cause as far as I know all coins in the market has a different sources and for sure different time of progress, maybe it's just a coincidence because of the market conditions.  Correct me if I'm wrong..
Eloson

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 02:26:28 PM

Bitcoin and Ethereum are different versions using the blockchain technology, and are set to establish themselves, driven by different intentions.Ethereum is an advancement based on the principle of blockchain that supports bitcoin but with a purpose that does not compete with Bitcoin.ETH can compete with other coin and stay ahead but it's far behind Bitcoin.
ayiaye

Activity: 170

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 04:14:11 PM

yes it may be that ethereum can compete with bitcoin, but etherum will be under bitcoin. because Ethereum is a public peer-to-peer network or blockchain with its own digital currency called Ether and blockchain Ethereum is designed to store various types of data. while Bitcoin is intended to keep a list of balances and transactions in its blockchain.
although ethereum has a lot of interest now, but bitcoin will remain number one, because we know bitcoin is the king of all coins and the price of all coins always follows the bitcoin price, it indicates that bitcoin is far above other altcoins.
aces777

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 08:52:15 PM

Ethereum so far has a good track record when it comes to keeping in pace with bitcoin because the price of ethereum goes up accordingly when the price of bitcoin goes up. Although I still do not believe that ethereum is at that level where it can compete with bitcoin. The time will come when ethereum will do well enough to compete with bitcoin but that time is not now.

▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  █████████████████▀      ▀████████████████▀      ▀████████
▄█████████     ████████████████   ▄██▄   ██████████████   ▄██▄   ███████▄
████████████   ███████████████████████   ████████████████████▀   ████████
████████████   █████████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████     █████████
████████████   ███████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████████▄   ████████
▀███████████   █████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████   ▀██▀   ███████▀
███████████   ████████████████          ███████████████▄      ▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀
swapSwap, Earn, Bridge, Mint Crypto
& NFT in Multiple Chains
askmecrypto

Activity: 406
Merit: 109

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 09:02:06 PM

First thing first, Bitcoin and Ethereum are not comparable,
Bitcoin is a digital currency, Ethereum is providing peer-to-peer contract and dApps building.

Talking about the market capital or price, again, there is no competition at the moment, Bitcoin is dominating market with 42%+ dominance.. However Ethereum is at around 17% which is not even half the market capital of Bitcoin.
Best Coin8

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 09:02:43 PM

If you look at the moment, and the crypto market is still very unstable, I think before the end of the year, the Ethereum should cost at least $ 2000.
jahidck

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 04:34:57 AM

If we take in consideration what which coin is the best, undoubtedly, it is bitcoin. This is the first coin which entered the market. But at the same time ETH has grown a lot and is able to give a head on competition to BTC and simultaneously to 1500 coins as well. But BTC is the best one so far.
maulana rifai

Activity: 331

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 04:48:55 AM

all possibilities may occur in the future because in cryptocurrencies all altcoin compete with the smart always give the best in technology, so that is able to attract as many consumers as possible will be the ruler in cryptocurrencies. service, price stability, popular is very important to be number one.
cryptodreem

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 02:41:59 PM

At first there was just one coin called bitcoin but now there are more than 1500 hundred coins in this market of crypto currency and so the market has become very much competitive now a day. Bitcoins is in the first and Ethereum is in the second so there is competition between these two always. I believe that bitcoin will always be first.
sufiasyl

Activity: 434

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2018, 11:21:42 PM

Its true bitcoin is far ahead from ethereum but bitcoin's near competitor is ethereum. Ethereum belongs in the 2nd position of the market and bitcoin is no1 position. That’s why I suggest you invest on bitcoin if you can’t invest on bitcoin then choose ethereum.
Supremacy2

Activity: 132

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 11:30:01 PM

Ethereum is not competing with Bitcoin. Bitcoin is the foundation of all coins and to beat it, it will take many years.
To my best knowledge about Bitcoin, the Total supply and circulating supply of Bitcoin will be equal after mining everything in some years to come, then the price will rise unexpectedly because many holders will HOLD it tight. #My opinion
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 11:33:02 PM

The progress of Ethereum has been quick because of the emerging of its smart contract and ERC20 token.

That made it to increase its use and market cap so it reached to the top and became the number 2 coin in the cryptoverse.

No it won't.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
gela888gela

Activity: 141

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 11:34:03 PM

I think bitcoin and ethereum are not in a competitive situation. Ethereum may be beyond bitcoin but not in a short time and not as easy as imagined. Everything needs to be processed and depends heavily on the number of requests. Bitcoin is a crypto king who certainly has power because of his great community, it will be difficult to shift his position.
ichi ocha

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 02:48:10 AM

I do not think because I see the price of ethereum contradict each other then from now on with the price of Ethereum declining bitcoin prices will go up and get recovered because a few months ago the price of bitcoin has decreased drastically and hopefully it returns good and back to good luck
blue_hurricanger

Activity: 653
Merit: 183

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 02:56:23 AM

The only thing that keep ETH alive is thanks to ICO. Without ICO, I don't think ETH could be like today. Thought, ICO's reputation is keep getting worst because of many scam and crap ICO.
So I don't think ETH will fare any better in future unless finding a way fix or control ICO scam.
mjvilla

Activity: 45

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 03:03:06 AM

That fud has long been forgotten actually. It worked back when the price of ETH was less than $20, it dip back to $7 when a lot of guys fud about it being centralized. I guess those who fud had already enough ETH to cover their mouth. Maybe its you have had spent all you got and you are left with no ETH anymore. ERC tokens are building the internet already, more than half of the tokens are using ETH chain, you might just have to join and invest even just few so you won't be left behind again.

As for now bitcoin was still at the highest peak among other coins and ethereum got its second place. I know soon ethereum will also have its place just like bitcoin. Sothere are lots of chances that ethereum can beat bitcoin.
AlisaWhishie

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2018, 03:13:20 AM

The progress of Ethereum has been quick because of the emerging of its smart contract and ERC20 token.

That made it to increase its use and market cap so it reached to the top and became the number 2 coin in the cryptoverse.

No it won't.

But why do you think it won't beat BTC? ETH gave so many people and companies the product they needed - the solution for easy and convenient crowdfunding. And now I see that even simple people in the community really pay each other for different services in ETH more often (check Services board for example, so many coders, designers, etc accept ETH as a payment).

MatthewNaccarato

Activity: 116

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 05:05:47 AM

I don't think it will beat Bitcoin. Bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency that arrived in the market and still ranks first among all other cryptocurrency. Ethereum is also a promising coin in the market, but it won't be able to beat Bitcoin.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 09:34:23 AM

But why do you think it won't beat BTC? ETH gave so many people and companies the product they needed - the solution for easy and convenient crowdfunding. And now I see that even simple people in the community really pay each other for different services in ETH more often (check Services board for example, so many coders, designers, etc accept ETH as a payment).
This has been discussed many times before, it's not only ETH that is being asked if it will be able to beat bitcoin. I've said that ETH is also prone to these "companies/products" that are also scamming people so do you think people won't learn from those incidents of being scammed? They are paying developers to create tokens through ETH(ERC20) because it's easier to create and use it even you don't have a legit road map, plan and execution and the only thing on your mind is to make money, you can use it easily.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
MichleDow

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 09:43:48 AM

I think that yes and not only Ethereum. A lot of projects that appear introduce all new technologies and try to create worthy competition for Bitcoin. But the main advantage of Bitcoin is that it is time-tested, which you can not say about all other coins.
davisagughalam

Activity: 105

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 09:46:44 AM

In terms of technology and proper use of the block chain, ethereum has much higher value. But due to the years of domination of bitcoin and funding bitcoin already has, ethereum is no where near bitcoin. Ethereum competes only in tech and not in prices.

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
Razick
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 10:14:03 AM

I think that yes and not only Ethereum. A lot of projects that appear introduce all new technologies and try to create worthy competition for Bitcoin. But the main advantage of Bitcoin is that it is time-tested, which you can not say about all other coins.

Came here to say this. We all know that bitcoin is the number one coin in the market in terms of price and value but there are some fast rising coins with revolutionary technology, ethereum included, which are gearing up to start competing with bitcoin for the top spot in the market. With bitcoin not growing much since its inception, it won't be long until another coin takes over.`

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
iknowitsme

Activity: 73

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 10:47:57 AM

ETH already has bitten bitcoin in terms of adoption and use cases.

How do you use BTC? For trading, hodl and storing profit. The latter isn't so actual after last six months.

How do you use ETH? Trading. ICO investments. Payments.

It's fast. It haqs smart-contracts infrastructure. And it has real world usage.

BTC has a huge marketing advantage of beeing The First One. Question is - will ETH usability overcome it before ETH itself will be bitten by something newer and better? Or maybe Lighting Network will turn the table?

We'll see.
projectandy

Activity: 19

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 10:49:07 AM

im just new to crypto and still studying it. But for me, they are in different nature. One is for payment and other is for applications or smart contract.
1020kingz

Activity: 350

Telegram Moderator, Hire me

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 10:55:55 AM

Competition only happens when both coins have similar services offeredto the public. In cases regarding bitcoin and ethereum they are both good coins in their own category or market. They are being compared because of the popularity of these two coins and the stability of it. Ethereum is rising and have it’s own growth separated to bitcoins blockchain. However bitcoin is also a well known coin that is hard to compete with it’s platform.
projectandy

Activity: 19

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 10:57:45 AM

Ethereum is not competing with Bitcoin. Bitcoin is the foundation of all coins and to beat it, it will take many years.
To my best knowledge about Bitcoin, the Total supply and circulating supply of Bitcoin will be equal after mining everything in some years to come, then the price will rise unexpectedly because many holders will HOLD it tight. #My opinion

No, It is not competing. Its like different industry.different uses.
iknowitsme

Activity: 73

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 11:02:48 AM

im just new to crypto and still studying it. But for me, they are in different nature. One is for payment and other is for applications or smart contract.
Not quite so. ETH is better for payment. Lower fees (of course when manipulators from EOS don't try to attack network with overpriced transactions) and faster transactions.

BTC is better when it comes to  long-time hold and when you need to sell your crypto for fiat. Much more people are ready to buy it.
krisnajsadrak

Activity: 1092

Hodlers Network

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 11:02:56 AM

i think ethereum will never beat bitcoin,,
if you talk about others coins besides bitcoins maybe, ethereum is the right choice for now
and, in my opinion all cryptocurrencies can't beat bitcoin

yohan09

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 11:03:09 AM

What differs ethereum from bitcoin is the new technology behind it, Ethereum operates on a ledger technology which is a decentralized type of database.
Moreover, Ethereum has the potential to provide basic operating system for the next generation of decentralized internet and also has the potential to become a publicly used entity that easily makes contact between customers.
rlm42

Activity: 490

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 11:06:26 AM

Competition as a blockchain - not. They have different directions. Bitcoin - for transactions. The Ethereum seeks to become a kind of super computer. As a cryptocurrency - most likely not, bitcoin is more popular, it is more preferable as a cryptocurrency asset, referring to its value and stability. But, ether has a huge potential.
Rnd2012

Activity: 185

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 11:13:56 AM

Currently the market is opening for compete you have to expect any changes BTC changed price from 3k to 19k and now around 6.5k.
marcripto

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:37:43 AM

Ethereum is at this moment the only cryptocurrency that can compete with Bitcoin. It is a project of exceptional value, and its team is working very hard to improve it and develop it in the best way. I think that in the coming years it has the potential to reach and surpass even Bitcoin, becoming the new king of cryptocurrencies
konohlo

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:49:23 AM

I think bitcoin and ethereum do not deserve to be called competing because each has different functions and services. bitcoin if you want long-term invasulation, and ethereum for a shorter time. but bitcoin is still a symbol of cryptocurrency.
cabin

Activity: 604

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:52:23 AM

As much as I believe in the potential of ethereum and it is a very good coin and it is fast rising, I know it is competing with bitcoin but I am sure it cannot beat bitcoin even with its advanced technology, bitcoin will continue to be the best and most valued coin in crypto.
emanjun

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:56:09 AM

It can compete with bitcoin but we cant deny the fact that ethereum cant beat bitcoin because we all know that bitcpin ia the king of all currency. Without bitcoin there will be no ethereum at all

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Cubic Earth
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:56:36 AM

I think that Bitcoin and Etherium are not competitors. Bitcoin remains the king of the crypto-currency and the way of storing the savings, but the Etherium is primarily a technology.
nsasuiteb

BAILOUT

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 11:06:19 AM

No I don't think it can compete with btc because ethereum is centralized cryptocurrency but bitcoin gets its power from decentralization basically having no owner.

Xenoph0bia

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 11:07:31 AM

Yes, Ethereum does have the potential to compete with bitcoin but it will take the coin years to do so as bitcoin being the pioneer, has the first mover advantage and hence is considered as a brand name for the cryptos.
Ethereum has a more advanced blockchain than Bitcoin and not only as an investment asset, can also be used as a token for smart, decentralised applications and also as a platform for posting new ICOs. But Ethereum currently has a market capital of $44 billion in comparison to Bitcoin's $109 billion. However, the coin is gaining wide acceptance with time.
mariayaz

Activity: 294
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 11:07:54 AM

No ETH cant compete BTC however it was be more used than BTC but BTC is a pioneer in crypto

✦✦✦✦✦  ☸ SECURE - FAST - FAIR ☸  ✦✦✦✦✦   (https://www.bitgame.com/?trackCode=BITCOINTALK)
balfouri

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 11:13:18 AM

Ethereum can't beat Bitcoin even in the future because Bitcoin is most popular in the cryptocurrencies.Ethreum is the secondary always.

Sonata.ai   ●●   The only cryptocurrency exchange you will ever need
──────────      │█│     JOIN WHITELIST     │█│      ──────────
smyslov

Activity: 2002
Merit: 269

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 11:37:18 AM

Well, that was people say when Litecoin was in second place until it was dethroned and this question has been asked so many times or a hundred times and I think it will not stop until Ethereum finally beat Bitcoin or after a decade, if ethereum overcome Bitcoin, the next likely question is will Bitcoin regains it's number one spot.
quarkyplum

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 11:40:55 AM

I'm very suspicious about it. Maybe weeks ago, I still thought that ETH has chance to beat BTC in the future but at the moment, I think it'll be able to beat BTC. At first, because of increasing in transaction fee of ETH, I think that ETH has reached the limit and seem like number of ICO project left can be developed depend on ETH blockchain is really little. After that when there are no ICO project can be able to develop depend on ETH blockchain so what  will happen? I think people will not care about ETH the same like before anymore.
baileys1

Activity: 3

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 11:44:52 AM

sure, it does. But we cannot know it's gonna beat BTC or not. The market changes, and sometimes the things are not predictable. ETH and BTC are both strong and the race will always exist.
pekavcilar01

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 11:45:36 AM

Ethereum is the biggest coin ever since Bitcoin. Because of Bitcoin and Ethereum, the crypto money world was very popular.
I think the price of Ethereum will be valued very soon.
I invested in Ethereum.
danbitcoin1

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 11:46:29 AM

Well they're both fairly different, I don't see why they can't both do well together long term. ETH obviously needs to scale soon though.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏

Mind Control

Activity: 224
Merit: 41

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 03:10:16 PM

Other Bitcoins? There is but one Bitcoin and that is Bitcoin. You might be talking about altcoins.

Etherium might have a chance in beating Bitcoin since it provides much faster transactions and less transaction fee. This, though, is still a difficult thing to speculate since Bitcoin is still the dominant coin.
Jazvebtc18

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 03:19:54 PM

Well, for me it will not beat bitcoin.  But there are a lot of ways to earn living .The other advantage of Ethereum over Bitcoin is that its technology is being regularly updated by the cryptographers, working on the decentralized application (dapp) and smart contracts platform. These features concentrate the attention of those programmers, who are interested in developing new applications and softwares related with the decentralized P2P network. Since the blockchain technology promises a revolution in many industries (e.g. banking, education, medicine, science, etc.), the Ethereum platform developers have the unique opportunity of advancing from it.

The current price, network hashrate difficulty, electricity costs and extra transfer fees make Ethereum a perfect choice for the average miners that do not have cheaper access to energy providers and do not have space for building entire mining farms (which is highly recommended for profitable Bitcoin mining). Therefore, Ethereum is expected to gain extra popularity and attention from the cryptographers, miners and traders during the upcoming two-three years, since its current reasonable price (around $450) and the software development perspectives give make it an ideal choice for the ICO investors.
Silifatmuda

Activity: 107

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 03:35:46 PM

Etheruem competing with bitcoin?
I don't really see this happening, I didn't see etheruem replacing bitcoin in the near future because etheruem and bitcoin  offer different services,uses different platforms and moreover have different aims and objectives
Maybe in the future it can compete with bitcoin. But currently I can see etheruem as an alternative to bitcoin, not replacing it.
ooxtcoo

Activity: 644

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 09:12:55 PM

after all, these coins are completely different in their structure. can't compete with each other directly? if we talk about what coin will take 1 place in the future, then it is definitely bitcoin. so far, no 1 coin can not compete with it directly.
Nikitavoz

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 09:26:43 PM

I think that this rather obvious and considering how the Ethereum team is trying to outperform bitcoin and the number of users of the network also shows it..
netil

Activity: 150
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:00:00 PM

If we compare the potential and not the current cost, then the etherium may be ahead of bitcoin. one way or another, but the success of the etherium is determined by the success of the tokens on its basis.

▂ ▃ ▅ ▆   LUCRE ▬ DON'T HODL; TRADE!   ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂
✓ BITCOIN & CRYPTO CURRENCY ALGORITHMIC TRADING & SIGNAL SERVICE ✓ 
▌▐ ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Youtube ⬝  Meduim   ▬▬▬▬▬ ▌▐
shursight

Activity: 728

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2018, 10:06:00 PM

Of course, otherwise, why it would be the top 2? This is just easy and you do not need to think much about it, we all know that ethereum is a very good coin, but i really doubt that it will surpass bitcoin at some point, it might be a good coin, but not better than bitcoin.

++++++
+++++++   ++++++
+++++++  +++++++
++++++   +++++++
+++++  +++++++++
      ++++++++++     
+++++++  +++++++
+++++++   ++++++
++++++++  ++++++
++++++++   +++++
++++++++   +++++
+++++++

XRPNow
Ripple Price & News
XRP Price / Ripple News /
XRP Price Prediction

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

COINDOO
Latest Blockchain and Cryptocurrency News   
Bitcoin News Today

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

THECCPRESS
Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Tabloid
Blockchain News Today
crptotrader007

Activity: 292

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:06:32 PM

Yes Ethereum do compete with Bitcoin and to some extent have done well from Bitcoin.Ethereum is a great potential coin and one of the top gainers in recent time.When the market was fas falling apart it was the only coin in green so I think is ethereum is a great aspect and can be a great asset in near future with way it is going head to head with Bitcoin.
tanveer01

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:07:51 PM

Ethereum V/S Bitcoin- Only compete, no beat. I mean Ethereum can only compete and gave tough competetion to Bitcoin, but can't beat Bitcoin in any case. I know Ethereum usability is increasing day by day and investors investing in it, but Bitcoin is father of all.
Virtuxq

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:08:24 PM

I believe that the gap in price between bitcoin and Ethereum is gradually decreasing.
HichemFetoui

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:17:12 PM

there is no such bad competition evry coin do his work to the best of the community bitcoin is the currency and ether for dapp and ico both are in different field
askmecrypto

Merit: 109

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:19:35 PM

For sure the entire crypto market compete to be on higher market capital then the other coins. Ethereum being on second position is the closest to compete with bitcoin in terms of market capital, however, there is still a long way to go and to do so.

Again, Its ok about competition but there will be no sense of comparing ETH with BTC as they are not on the same boat, one being a digital currency while ETH being a computing platform for smart contracts and dapps
rajapatr1

Activity: 189

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:21:16 PM

Currently they are the two best coins, but very different Ethereum can not compete against Bitcoin since it is the base of
all the coins. I think it would take many years to reach it, equally the two currencies are good for investing In the long term, you just have to look at the value and you will tell the difference.
Zack Lee

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:22:32 PM

Yes, many people say if Ethereum and bitcoin are competing for each other but it's true that I see when altcoin and bitcoin prices decrease Ethereum prices go up and try to reach its peak and when the price of Bitcoin and altcoin will go back up the price of Ethereum is decreasing as it is today

danielcansil

Merit: 11

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:25:39 PM

Ethereum is one of the largest market capitalization altcoin, it is always ranked second coinmarketcap just after Bitcoin. Ethereum is very popular, it is widely used in ICO projects, every day this altcoin has a lot of transactions. Many experts also predict that Ethereum will grow strongly in the future and compete with Bitcoin. However, I think it would be a very long road block for Ethereum to beat Bitcoin. Now Bitcoin is very strong, in the near future it is difficult to have altcoin that can beat Bitcoin.
JCLee

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:29:50 PM

The high potential in the future Ethererum will beat Bitcoin to become the most potent crypto in the cryptocurrency market. As such, the possibility of large markets is fewer cryptos than at this time due to the purification of altcoins to help the market get better and eliminate the ICO and altcoins scam. Hopefully, the cryptos and Ethereum markets will grow strongly in 2019.

phamduc171a

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 12:09:23 PM

In terms of technology and proper use of the block chain, ethereum has much higher value. But due to the years of domination of bitcoin and funding bitcoin already has, ethereum is no where near bitcoin. Ethereum competes only in tech and not in prices.
BobBct

Activity: 616

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 12:15:30 PM

Etheruem can definitely compete with bitcoin because it's the top 2 crypto out there but of course eth if far from close to be #1 or beat bitcoin maybe a few billions of dollars. 
Shame_Game

Activity: 185

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 12:19:05 PM

Of course, bitcoin and Ethereum are competitors. But they have different niches, for example Ethereum, unlike bitcoin, almost completely covers the niche of ICO.
Btcaivah1

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 09:01:01 PM

Well, change is continues thus we can't prevent it. People will have a new favorite and a new bet in the market. There we can't expect how will the current market change.
ShareAccepted

Victorieum Digital Wallet Revolution

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 10:33:14 PM

It is one of those funny situations in which they compete but at the same time help each other as they both create plenty of community engangements.

markieeeloy

Activity: 296
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2018, 08:11:37 AM

I think its possible, since ethereum is currently at the rank 2 in coinmarketcap. We dont know what the future hold, but I see ethereum's future is bright, because of its good feature and is more useful than bitcoin.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
pekcoin01

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2018, 08:19:23 AM

Bitcoin, co-founder of the crypto money market. Together with the world's bitcoin, he has learned the concept of digital money.
Bitcoin is a very strong coin in my eyes.
Ehereum is the 2nd biggest coin for me. I hope that the price of Ethereum also approaches Bitcoin prices.
saras008

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 06:19:34 PM

Of course not, I think Ethereum is a close relative of BTC. They are in the same world, all right but not always. ETH has created its own platform in recent years, but Bitcoin remains unique and special. The Ethereum market is bigger than Bitcoin but as I said BTC is something unique and not easily shifted from the top.
rohican

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 06:22:28 PM

If we compare the potential and not the current costs, then ethereum will probably be a bitcoin heavy competitor. One other way to become a bitcoin competitor is if etherium is able to develop the latest technologies in an effort to win the trust of potential investors.
kavindipa

Activity: 122

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 06:23:31 PM

I think ETH is more popular as well as BTC. Also ETH uses for trading like as BTC in most exchanges. So as I feel one day ETH will beat the BTC.
freedoom

Activity: 201

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 06:28:13 PM

Yes, he is in the second position immediately after bitcoin!
But I do not think that ethereum will ever surpass bitcoin
Schevascheva

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 06:40:44 PM

I think that yes, so the etherium he became the best coin of 2018, and very soon he will be in first place, and bitkoyn is not the same as before, so there is competition but the victory over the airwaves
MI6

Activity: 1260
Merit: 504

Betking.io - Best Bitcoin Casino

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 06:53:22 PM

still can't maybe, at past it almost when ethereum reach it's highest price ( and bitcoin down so fast ) but with ethereum growing, bitcoin price will growing too it is like ethereum as a complement and not a substitute for bitcoin

Schwabac

Activity: 163

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 07:06:52 PM

They are the two most important coins and also too many different ones, but we all know that Bitcoin is and will be the number one for A lot of time is that many people use it daily, to invest in the long term.

Hello!
4garret

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 03:27:00 AM

I do not think so, because I see the price of ethereum contradict each other, so from now on the price of Ethereum decreases the bitcoin price will rise.
This can still be recovered because a few months ago bitcoin prices have dropped dramatically, and hopefully it's good again and hopefully in the future there will be altcoins that have a mission to compete with bitcoin.
DevilCredit

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 03:35:10 AM

all coins are trying to rise and develop like Bitcoin. with all the coin attempts to crucify Bitcoin continues to show such a vigorous effort. such as Ethereum that continues to show progress to compete with Bitcoin and get the first position available on Cryptocurrency.
siap86

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 04:23:48 AM

In my opinion, all altcoins will compete with bitcoin in the future. Any altocoins may be made with the desire to achieve the same success, or even greater than bitcoin and take bitcoin places. But, I do not think that Ethereum will be a bitcoin competitor, although this coin is very good and can really harm the bitcoin.
grifinmch

Activity: 756

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 04:34:00 AM

I race it won't be happening. Although the ethereum is also a nice altcoin but still very much if compared with bitcoin. bitcoin has a fairly good technology even many who adopt it. so to ethereum could rival the bitcoin is a difficult thing to get done.
Butchick

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 04:38:24 AM

There is no denying that eth is constantly improving and numerous people and investors are actually using it and investing in it. However, to compare it with bitcoin, that is another story. Despite bitcoin’s drop, its value is still way too far from eth. Other than that, bitcoin technology is pretty much isfferent from wth thus, it cannot be its competitor. Though in popularity and usage, eth may be a bit aggressive but it is still way too far from
Bitcoin. 

leota68646

Activity: 110

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 04:42:07 AM

I feel bitcoin and ethereum are not in a focused circumstance. Ethereum might be past bitcoin yet not in a brief timeframe and not as simple as envisioned. Everything should be handled and depends vigorously on the quantity of solicitations. Bitcoin is a crypto lord who unquestionably has control in light of his extraordinary network, it will be hard to move his position.
rufus59

Activity: 151

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 04:45:53 AM

It depends on the category we are using to compare both of them; in useful and technology impac5to crypto sphere;  I would choose ethereum as the superior; but when it comes to market domination; that goes to bitcoin
Tone147

Activity: 221

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 04:47:03 AM

I think this is completely possible, because ETH is gradually encroaching on the market of BTC.
In the past, people tended to pay with BTC, but now the number of people using ETH is more.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
stigmacryptonight

Activity: 574

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 04:51:57 AM

Currently, bitcoin prices are declining again, and many other users to get another Coin as an alternative. In addition, ETH I think the growth continues to increase, hopefully, the price soar.
chicken Campus

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 06:25:55 AM

in my mind, Ethereum does not compete with Bitcoin. Bitcoin is the foundation of all coins and to defeat it, it will take years.
And also Bitcoin is a crypto king who certainly has power because of his great community, it will be difficult to change his position.

3kpk3

Activity: 882
Merit: 148

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 06:40:38 AM

Ethereum is considered by many including me as the defacto queen of the cryptocurrency market and the king among the altcoins which will not change anytime soon in my opinion. The Ethereum community and developers are the primary reasons why I feel that this coin has tremendous potential and will continue rising in popularity over time. The move to POS will also most likely help it become a lot more popular.

Dek_Fakhri

Activity: 169

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 06:48:01 AM

I think so because what I know today many people say if the price of Bitcoin rising Ethereum prices will decrease and Ethereum is also so contradictory and from there I believe the possibility of the price of Ethereum and Bitcoin compete and contradict each other
jack long

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 07:14:53 AM

yes u r exactly true

first while typing a message check ur spelling(feature) Grin
which I know bitcoin and Ethereum are not competing with each other just these two coins are contradictory and with so many people who said that with rising prices the Ethereum BTC will go down and Bitcoin also the reverse then Ethereum is only the best coin after Ethereum
doynemi

Merit: 5

AUTOBAY | Buy Your First Car With Cryptocurrency |

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 07:25:51 AM

i think to beat bitcoin it will difficult. now altcoin is favored by many people but the price is still far below the bitcoin. bitcoin still remains a superior coin. we can not predict it and if it is true it will take a long time until the price of eth can beat the bitcoin.

Autobay.io   │  The First Decentralized E-commerce platform Buy Sell Cars
JOIN TOKEN SALE    ►   1 OCTOBER 2018   ◄
Robert Brownn

Activity: 20

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 10:34:36 AM

Bitcoin and Ethereum differ in purpose. While Bitcoin is created as an alternative to regular money and is thus a medium of payment transaction and store of value, Ethereum is developed as a platform which facilitates peer-to-peer contracts and applications via its own currency vehicle. While Bitcoin and Ether are both digital currencies, the primary purpose of Ether is not to establish itself as a payment alternative (unlike Bitcoin) but to facilitate and monetize the working of Ethereum to enable developers to build and run distributed applications. Grin
Jennifer Daviess

Activity: 26

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 10:35:35 AM

Ethereum is like Bitcoin's little brother, Ethereum is an advancement based on the principle of blockchain that supports bitcoin but with a purpose that does not compete with Bitcoin. However, the popularity and rising market capitalization of Ether brings it in competition with all cryptocurrencies, especially from the trading perspective. Currently, the market cap of Ether (ETH) is more than Ripple and Litecoin, although it’s far behind Bitcoin (BTC). Cheesy
Michael Thomass

Activity: 40

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 10:36:39 AM

It depends on how do you compare them and what do you want to use them for. Ethereum is better than Bitcoin and Bitcoin is better than Ethereum at the same time. They’re not competitors. They coexist and solve different types of problems. Roll Eyes
Richard Thompsonn

Activity: 21

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 10:38:31 AM

Bitcoin is really far more recognizable in the world. Ethereum is less known and younger. Ethereum uses “move fast and break things” motto, it learned from Bitcoin and fixed a couple of issues in it’s design and the community is smaller and therefore has more developers than speculators.
Charles Avilaa

Activity: 24

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 10:39:36 AM

Bitcoin is a currency used for purchasing goods and services, as well as storing value (much like how we currently use gold), it is a new currency created to compete against the gold standard and fiat currencies. But Ethereum is a token used for making Apps (decentralized apps) on the Ethereum blockchain, it's a token capable of facilitating Smart Contracts (For example: a lawyer’s contract, an  exchange of ownership of property, and voting). Smiley
markcruz5554

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 10:40:52 AM

I don't really see them as competing with eachother, they're both different. Would be good if the ETH trading pairs got more volume though.

▰▰▰      ApolloX      ▰▰▰
 ▰ APOLLOX Protocol - Decentralized E-Commerce  ▰
http://www.apollox.network/
Joseph Cabrall

Activity: 37

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 10:42:05 AM

Bitcoin itself is two things: it’s a digital currency known bitcoin (lowercase, also referred to as BTC) and Bitcoin is a technology (also known more generally as blockchain). Both are called the same thing which admittedly can be confusing for newbies. Bitcoin = The name of the Bitcoin network bitcoin = The currency (or BTC). With Ethereum it’s similar, but slightly different: the token is called ether (or ETH) and the network is Ethereum. Ethereum = The Ethereum network, ether = The token (of ETH). Cry
Tearz

Activity: 627

The Pope Of Dope

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 10:51:36 AM

I've heard predictions about Ethereum will beta bitcoin several times for last two years and every time it wont happend. Bitcoin too strong now in comparison with ethereum. imho probably some of top 3-5 will replace ethereum in nest several years.

Welcome to the future of the  █████████████████████████████
BLOCKCHAIN-BASED BANKING

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄███▀▀▀      ▀▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀                ▀▀██▄
▄██▀                      ▀██▄
██▀                          ▀██
██               ██             ██
██          ███████████▄          ██
██             ███▀▀▀▀████          ██
██             ███     ███          ██
██             ███     ███          ██
██             ███▄▄▄▄████          ██
██             █████████▀           ██
██            ███ ██              ██
██            ███                 ██
██         ███████              ██
██▄                          ▄██
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀██▄▄                ▄▄██▀
▀▀███▄▄▄      ▄▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
PointPay   |

|
|

|

█                       █
                     █  ███                  █
                     █  █  █                 █
                     █  ███              ███████
                     █  █                █ █   █
                     █                   ███████
                     █ █ █ █                 █

Multi-currency Wallet
  [] 
                                                  █
                                  █               █
                          █       █               █
                          █       █             █████
                          █     █████     █     █   █
                        █████   █   █     █     █   █
                        █   █   █   █   █████   █   █
                        █   █   █   █   █   █   █   █
                        █   █   █████   █   █   █████
                        █   █     █     █   █     █
                        █████     █     █████     █
                          █       █       █
                          █               █
                          █
Crypto Exchange Platform
Gotomoon

Activity: 719

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 10:58:28 AM

Many altcoin always competing with bitcoin as of today though prices are declining. Ethereum has more users and also with bitcoin but I can't see ethereum beat bitcoin. For the meantime bitcoin is the top crypto of all time and I believe it will remain as top crypto.
EVOS

Activity: 141

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 11:11:44 AM

In fact it is like that, Etherum with bitcoin. actually ethereum is very superior, look at tokens and coins nowadays, lots of which use ethereum platform. we just need to wait for the new breakthrough of bitcoin so that bitcoin can succeed again. currently bitcoin is superior because bitcoin is a coin that introduces Cryptocurrency to the whole world.
saras008

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 04:06:01 PM

Of course not, I think Ethereum is a close relative of BTC. They are in the same world, all right but not always. ETH has created its own platform in recent years, but Bitcoin remains unique and special. The Ethereum market is bigger than Bitcoin but as I said BTC is something unique and not easily shifted from the top.
iamzill

Activity: 677

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 04:07:36 PM

ethereum does not compete with bitcoin, it's just that ethereum has become a platform that is often compared to bticoin, because the ethereum platform now supports a lot of ico. so I think if ethereum has not been able to compete with bitcoin it's just a large number of users for ethereum or bitcoin.
telephonedroid

Activity: 74

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 04:08:39 PM

Why compare what is completely different in its structure. They cannot compete directly with each other.
rohican

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 04:09:57 PM

If we compare the potential and not the current costs, then ethereum will probably be a bitcoin heavy competitor.
One other way to become a bitcoin competitor is if etherium is able to develop the latest technologies in an effort to win the trust of potential investors.
arun9900

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 04:21:32 PM

enough computing power and enough time anything can be calculated. With Bitcoin, there is not this form of flexibility Ethereum at the same time  they’re not competitors wondering whether it could overtake Bitcoin as the dominant cryptocurrency !!
yudayaurelia

Activity: 32

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 04:24:50 PM

Ethereum prices, the technology used by global banks in their blockchain trials are priced very tightly with bitcoins. In the fields that the price of Ethereum will continue to rise due to the market demand is so strong.
Ether, the currency that represents Ethereum in the cryptocurrency market, has rocketed 40 percent in 24-hours and 100 percent in the last week. Currently sitting at 0.0126 a Bitcoin ($ 4.78). Commonwealth Bank of Australia, HSBC, UBS and Credit Suisse are part of an 11-member group called R3 and explore how blockchain technology can enable them to safely transfer money and other assets over the internet, safely and very quickly.
And maybe this will be an alternative to Cryptocoin that will be popular like its bitcoin, and if it is going to be an exciting competition because the new coin will have a positive impact on technological developments in the world in digital currency.
davit putra
Copper Member

Activity: 409

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 04:31:34 PM

Maybe, but maybe it will take a long time. Bitcoin is the main choice coin in crypto and many of investors choose bitcoin as an investment, and it will make it difficult for ethereum to beat bitcoin.

MEMEX

Activity: 546

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 04:35:30 PM

It's impossible, forever everyone knows the right choice is Bitcoin, and will always keep the first one, whereas ethereum will be second. In the current scenario, Bitcoin becomes a price determiner, as bitcoin prices rise so Ethereum automatically also raises prices, but when Bitcoin falls, Ethereum also drops in the market. That's great bitcoin.
goelzz

Activity: 140
Merit: 6

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 04:37:24 PM

it could happen the price of ETH can pass BTC. although currently, the difference in price of ETH and BTC is still very far enthusiasts from ETH is not inferior to BTC. we all know that ETH is one of the most successful coins born from ICO so that's why ETH is often juxtaposed with BTC

DATABLOCKCHAIN
Merging Big Data, AI and Blockchain Tech. to bring critical Info. to the world
Hassan02

Activity: 743

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 04:40:56 PM

ethereum does not compete with bitcoin, it's just that ethereum has become a platform that is often compared to bticoin, because the ethereum platform now supports a lot of ico. so I think if ethereum has not been able to compete with bitcoin it's just a large number of users for ethereum or bitcoin.
this two are having some good relation to be and not by competing on how is the situation of the other side , people look to be that they are competing but this is not try to look behind this two currency and not just look for its price as well.
Torps1

Merit: 12

Kuvacash.com

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 04:46:22 PM

Ethereum is next to bitcoin and may be seen as a strong rival to bitcoin. However, Ethereum has its own technology different from that of bitcoin. Only time will tell the future of Ethereum and bitcoin in terms of competition.
Aniwura

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 09:40:13 PM

I have also always thought that the next after bitcoin is ethereum. This is also very obvious, owing to the achievements made so far by ethereum. Most times, if investors do not invest in bitcoin, they will invest in ethereum. Ethereum is a good competitor of bitcoin.
Quesito

Activity: 119

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 09:46:03 PM

They should not be compared to each other because in my opinion they have differ in usage and they have different characteristics and they are both good coins.
jerrison

Activity: 1442

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2018, 09:53:12 PM

the ethereum coin has been helping when it comes to multiple functions in its fundamental design of coin as a cryptocurrency but then it doesn't in any way compare or compete with the bitcoin as bitcoin remains the first and best of all.

filtyfrank251

Activity: 364

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 09:54:42 PM

Ethereum is next to bitcoin and may be seen as a strong rival to bitcoin. However, Ethereum has its own technology different from that of bitcoin. Only time will tell the future of Ethereum and bitcoin in terms of competition.
Essentially the coins are the same for the purpose of being an online payment currency but each coin has technical elements and serves each sector separately. ETH and BTC are the two leading coins in the cryptocurrency market, I think these two coins are not competing with each other because they will grow together in this market.

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌          The Exchange for the EOS Community!          ▐|   EOSex   |▌
                    ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                    
Whitepaper               ANN Thread               Telegram               Twitter               Mobile
Gaggy185

Activity: 437

Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 09:58:57 PM

Ethereum is currently potential crypto in the market, although the ETH is not as high as BTC, it is considered to be potentially far more potential than the BTC in the future. The altcoin and ICO are now using smart contract technology of ETH so it is possible to confirm the future of cryptocurrency will be Ethereum.

AIGO
Adoption Blockchain
e-Commerce to World

..Find Us!:..

▄███▄
▀███▀

▄███▄    ▄██▄    ▄█████▄
█████    ████▄██████████▄
█████    ████████████████
█████    ███████▀  ███████
█████    █████▀      ██████
█████    █████        █████
▀███▀    ▀███▀        ▀███▀

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 10:14:35 PM

Its past trend one technology replace by other,Its all about people choice.As we know Bitcoin from first and still on top and the Ether is also popular coin after Bitcoin having massive potential to grow more hit on top and it is possibility people invest more in Ether because of Bitcoin shortage or high transfer fees.Ether still need more home work to attract the investors.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
mohammedmattar

Activity: 448
Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2018, 10:27:07 PM
Last edit: July 19, 2018, 09:47:05 AM by mohammedmattar

I think that the current order is the closest to the flow for a long time
Bitcoin is the currencies king
Eth is a viceroy
I think this is in the market's interest because Bitcoin is the most famous and common
And the rise of a currency above it will shake the market especially among beginners
Bitcoin has a big role to play to the end and then everything is available
Promitestake

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 01:11:26 AM

in the end, those cash are absolutely different of their structure. can not compete with every different immediately? if we communicate approximately what coin will take 1 vicinity within the destiny, then it's far truly bitcoin. to date, no 1 coin can't compete with it without delay.
HungryJack

Activity: 31

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 01:16:11 AM

I guess we can see a competition in the ranking of coins. But I don't see a comparison between them. They are different coins and they have different characteristics. Ethereum is still building its name in the market, and Bitcoin did the job already.
kent47400

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 01:20:24 AM

Not going to happen, because the dominance of Bitcoin is very high, and for the beginner was first to know is not Ethereum but Bitcoin.

So Bitcoin is the parent of all Altcoin, trust me!
because every bit increases Bitcoin altcoins up and Bitcoin down then Altcoins also come down.
Jendral Istimewa

Activity: 330
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 01:27:14 AM

Yes now a days Ethereum is the more powerful crypto currency.But I think it's never beat bitcoin because Bitcoin is the more powerful than Ethereum.Bitcoin is the base crypto world . Bitcoin is the mother of crypto currency.
yes, bitcoin greatly dominates the price movement. but in the future anything can happen, in cryptocurrencies, the price changes cannot be guessed. so altcoin can compete at any time. which is altcoin that has increasingly sophisticated technology will be stronger and will be increasingly popular with ever-progressing technology. then the position of bitcoin may be in shear by altcoin. Ethereum is a coin that has that potential.

trangthin841212@gmail.com

Activity: 37

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 01:28:36 AM

Right . Bitcoin is at the top but it does not have as much effect as ETH. So it will soon be caught up
supermam

Activity: 209

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 02:37:11 AM

In a way yes.Both the ethereum and bitcoin have the capacity to compete with each other.With regards to their value is the number one reason.The other one is much more superior than the other one.But i think that they are both strong coins.
Marsyam

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 03:11:04 AM

in my mind, it will never happen and I also do not see ETH replacing bitcoin in the near future because ETH and bitcoin offer different services, using different platforms and besides having different goals and targets. maybe in the coming years, ETH has the potential to reach and even surpass Bitcoin, becoming the new king of cryptocurrency.

MWesterweele

Activity: 1372
Merit: 564

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 03:41:09 AM

in my mind, it will never happen and I also do not see ETH replacing bitcoin in the near future because ETH and bitcoin offer different services, using different platforms and besides having different goals and targets. maybe in the coming years, ETH has the potential to reach and even surpass Bitcoin, becoming the new king of cryptocurrency.

I think Ethereum is very different than Bitcoin, and is designed to be able to execute automated programs. The Ethereum currency is used to pay for those programs to be run. Ethereum is better organized than Bitcoin, and has a different type of Ecosystem. While Bitcoin has problems, it is not the perfect digital money. There's possibility that some other, better crypto-currency comes along and becomes bigger than Bitcoin. But in the total available market of currency transactions, Bitcoin’s portion is very small, It is entirely possible that a better version grows alongside Bitcoin, then exceeds it. For me they're not competing to each other but they're help each out, whatever problem of the other one solved by other one.

▀█████████████████████
            ▀▀██████
    ▄▄
▀████▄▄  ▀████
  ▄████▄
▀█████▄  ▀███
 ████▀▀
   ▄██████  ▀███
████▀
   ▄████▀████  ████
████  ▄█▄
▀█▀  ████  █████
████▄████▀
   ▄████  ████
 ██████▀
   ▄▄████  ▄███
  ▀█████▄
▀████▀  ▄███
    ▀▀████▄
▀▀  ▄████
            ▄▄██████
       ▄███████████
████████████████████████████████████
FUN TOKEN
██████████████     ██████████████████████
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████
FreeBitco.in Adopts FUN Token for
Premium Membership Program
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████

▄
      ▀▄  ▀  ▄▀
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████████████
██  ▄▄▀█  ██ █  ██ ██
██  ▄▄▀█  ██ ██▄ ▄███
██  ▀▀▄█▄ ▀▀▄███ ████
█████████████ ▄▄▄ ▀▀█
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▐████▄▄
      ▄▀  ▄    █████▄
          ▀     ▀ ▀███
                    ▀
41M Users to Buy and Hold
FUN for Premium Benefits
.Learn More.
blo8i

Activity: 960
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 04:03:06 PM

I don't think that they are competitors. ETH compete with NEO, EOS, UBIQ and other platforms. BTC is like digital gold and USD for buying alts.
Uyekyi

Activity: 59

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 04:04:35 PM

Ethereum is at this moment the only cryptocurrency that can compete with Bitcoin. It is a project of exceptional value, and its team is working very hard to improve it and develop it in the best way. I think that in the coming years it has the potential to reach and surpass even Bitcoin, becoming the new king of cryptocurrencies.
Luana Trade
Copper Member

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 05:37:41 PM

the only one that will be able to beat the bitcoin will be the ethereum with its mass adoption by the population since it will be to implant the plasma in the network and the erc223 will be the new pattern of the trust tokens
fauzainferdy

Activity: 269

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 05:56:39 PM

I think so. ethereum is currently the best altcoin. with all the abilities that can be done ethereum, it could be someday when bitcoin is dimming its popularity, ethereum that will replace the position of bitcoin
gawer33

Activity: 309
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 06:05:50 PM

I don't think so, Ethereum actually helping BTC or cryptocurrency in general. Ethereum platform increases the demand for crypto because of its numerous amount of tokens indirectly increases the popularity of bitcoin and its price.

STOP eating Oreo save the orangutans
https://www.orangutan.org.au/about-orangutans/orangutan-threats/
Scor1937

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 07:39:54 PM

We can not say for sure, but this very long time. I think that in a couple of years I really can beat the bitcoin in this race.
primeer

Activity: 883
Merit: 262

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 07:56:47 PM

They are totally different and they have so different uses. They are not in a position to compete each other. One day, Ethereum may pass Bitcoin's market cap though.
ToddDiaz

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 08:45:35 AM

Ethereum isn't competing with bitcoin in my own opinion. Bitcoin is yet to have a good competition in the market and it will take quite a lot for a coin to be regarded as a competition to bitcoin. Ethereum in itself is another good coin, but nah, it's not a competition to bitcoin.
karinaloren

Activity: 91

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 09:47:08 AM

It may happen one day, but definitely not now. In general, I do not think that Bitcoin ha s real competitors. Its position is too strong.
arthurgrand

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 08:19:06 AM

Well if any altcoin will compete with bitcoin is an way, then it definitely should be ethereum but right now and in the nearest future is doesn't stand a chance.
guizi6

Activity: 82

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 08:53:33 AM

Ether is the most favorable competitor for Bitcoin. If there is no Ether, then there will not be so many projects now. Many projects are improving the blockchain, which allows us to see good technical development goals. But in terms of community, it is still the best for Ether.
Opnsrc

Activity: 1064

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 08:26:48 PM

Of course Ethereum can be considered as a competitor of Bitcoin, but this is still not a situation in which competition disrupt the development of two cryptocurrency projects. On the contrary it helps to develop.
Chacha1000

Activity: 645

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 08:29:39 PM

After bitcoin the next in line is ethereum so it is just natural if the two compete against one another. I also noticed that they compete expecially when ethereum have a faster transaction speed than bitcoin
James Smithh

Activity: 22

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 02:05:11 PM

Both of these cryptocurrencies are exchanged by using blockchain technology. A blockchain is a public ledger of all transactions that have occurred. Blocks are added in a linear chronological order. The ledger is public because each node has the full blockchain so it cannot be falsified by a single entity. A node is any computer that is connected to the blockchain and used to execute and verify transactions(Investopedia, 2016). Although each uses blockchain technology they have different goals in mind, which can be seen through the coding protocols put in place.
 :-*Bitcoin was designed to act as a secure peer to peer decentralized payment system. Since everything is shown on the public ledger, the blockchain, you can be confident that the transaction is legitimate and the need to trust the other party is negated. Ethereum was designed to be much more than a payment system. It is a decentralized platform that runs smart contracts: applications that run exactly as programmed without any possibility of downtime, censorship, fraud or third party interference.
Patricia Joness

Activity: 38

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 02:07:00 PM

There are many differences that make Bitcoin and Ethereum distinct from one another. We do not believe that they have an inverse relationship, meaning when one increases in value, the other decreases;
They can coexist as they are working towards different goals. Bitcoin is striving to provide fast and secure transactions while Ethereum is focusing on much more. As more and more smart contracts and decentralized applications are built Ethereum’s popularity and profitability will increase. Although both are volatile at this point, ether is so new that it is difficult to predict where it will go.
We believe that both of these cryptocurrencies have benefits and will see an increase in value going forward.
Tejas05
Copper Member

NextPakk

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2018, 02:09:18 PM

Ethereum use cases are different to Bitcoin's. Anyway Bitcoin is coming with lighting network where the transaction speed will be much faster and transaction costs way lower, this will keep Bitcoin on top.

DATABLOCKCHAIN
konohlo

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 02:21:46 PM

bitcoin is still a symbol of cryptocurrency, but as the price continues to decline, people are choosing ethereum because of the ease and benefits it offers. but I think the bitcoin will remain king of cryptocurrency for a long time.
colenax

Activity: 376

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 02:29:06 PM

maybe, but the fact until now no one can really compete with bitcoin. you can see from a distance price comparison and market volume. moreover bitcoin is more special than other altcoin although there are many technologies that exceed the bitcoin.

euggio

Activity: 433

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 04:34:58 PM

after all, these coins are completely different in their structure. can't compete with each other directly? if we talk about what coin will take 1 place in the future, then it is definitely bitcoin. so far, no 1 coin can not compete with it directly.
cerberus5424

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 04:46:09 PM

I think that Ethereum can compete with Bitcoin, but for now Ethereum is still far from Bitcoin and the Ethereum rate depends on Bitcoin, in other words, like all other altcoins.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
valnd

Until the end of time

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 04:51:29 PM

In my own opinion I will say no because they serve two different purpose, so i don't see them competing, rather i see bitcoin as the dominating coin at the moment and years to come.
akosijue

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 06:16:21 PM

Well ethereum really put up a good work towards their own blockchain which is far more faster and transparent than bitcoin blockchain like they promised. But comparing them would be as a utility token won't matter as ethereum won't reach bitcoin in it's price and marketcap. First, its because of their total supply that bitcoin has far less than ethereum. Second, bitcoin has been the market leader ever since, if it goes down, every cryptocurrency will go down with it. It's only my opinion though and I'm just stating facts but I maybe wrong. Just so, happy trading guys Sad
Falconet

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 08:56:35 PM

Well, ethereum was the first alternative to bitcoin, so it has alot of influence nowadays, it's whole platform is used extensively for the creation of token which ICO projects use to promote their project so it's versatility is huge, however bitcoin is still more valuable.
megaflux7

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 09:18:37 PM

Well I don't think they are competing. In my own opinon ethereum built on what bitcoin has done previously and even more a step further to introduce some features that wasn't present in btc. It is normal for people to pair them against each other because ethereum is most popular coin after BTC but IMO they are not competitiors
Abigail Asi

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 09:26:52 PM

Well there is a rivalry between ethereum and bitcoin as a result of the popularity and some few factors but I think there's no way ethereum can compete with bitcoin because bitcoin is second to none. It's the best across the globe.
Grissham

Activity: 124

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 09:34:12 PM

According to me, it feels like it's hard to say that the or is not competing with etherium bitcoin. because of bitcoin itself strong enough to defend its position as the pre-eminent although we cannot also belie the etherium these stages construct good future.
CaptainCaptcha

Activity: 89

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 08:44:03 PM

I would not call it a competition, they both exists and add value to the market with their own ways, the value of them both is way too distant to even call it a competition and still they fluctuate with terrible down and huge rises from time to time.
SeXy

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 02:15:07 PM

there is no much pathetic challenger evry mint create his effort to the frore of the agreement bitcoin is the up-to-dateness and element for dapp and ico both are in disparate field
CoinSpeculator

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 02:20:26 PM

5 or 10 years bitcoin stay the top because of popularity and people who invest long term. but then nobody can guess what will happen..
Moblie_Legend

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 02:24:15 PM

there is no much pathetic challenger evry mint create his effort to the frore of the agreement bitcoin is the up-to-dateness and element for dapp and ico both are in disparate field

Bitcoin challengers are ethereum who are trying to rival bitcoin but have not yet achieved it. ethereum also has sophisticated technology but etherum has not become a top priority for investors. many people choose bitcoin because the price is the highest.
todayin

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 02:25:04 PM

if u see the price of ether and bitcoin today, u will change your opinion. bitcoin has always been the most reliable coin ever since 2009. although ether has established a large-scale ICO ecosystem. but it is still young, relative to bitcoin. it also has to go through many tests
Hearunnet

Activity: 33

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 07:16:14 AM

Its past pattern one innovation supplant by other,Its about individuals choice.As we know Bitcoin from first and still to finish everything and the Ether is likewise mainstream coin after Bitcoin having the capacity to develop more hit to finish everything and it is probability individuals put more in Ether in light of Bitcoin deficiency or high exchange fees.Ether still need more home work to draw in the financial specialists.
PolarFox30

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 12:38:56 PM

Eth is a popular and promising coin. It has a very good future. But it cannot compete with bitcoin. BTC is the king of whole crypto. It's capital is very huge. ETH may go a long way but cannot defeat btc.
Malkazimir

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 02:06:51 PM

I think that bitcoin will always be number one in the crypto market. Bitcoin is the foundation of the whole market. I very much doubt that any project in the future will be able to take its place.
Just John

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 02:47:33 AM

I don't think so. I think we on our own just like to make a lot of unnecessary opinions and we might have to cool off on that. I think that each of these coins, are running their individual race, regardless of the other. I don't think that they are in some sort of competition. Most times, these "competitions' are usually between their investors.

☁ CRYPTO MARKET CLOUD ☁
【THE FIRST AND ONLY SELF CONTAINED ECO-SYSTEM】 (https://cryptomarketcloud.com/)
matico

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 02:51:26 AM

The arguement about ethereum beating bitcoin is not important in my opinion, what's important is the fact that cryptocurrency ideals and technology is been used in more places than one. Majority of cryptocurrency applications is still within cryptocommunity! These crypto wonderful featured need to be out there been applied to real world!

Usafstar

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 04:18:28 AM

I am not agree that bitcoin and Ethereum with compete with one another but both are crypto and it is about people Interest and if one like bitcoin they will go for bitcoin while other go for the other coins and altcoin are good to have and in these days people are investing more in the bitcoin while it is good for me as well that i have to invest in it.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
jepoyr1

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 04:20:57 AM

Ethereum has a potential altcoin, and ethereum is in the 2nd place in coinmarketcap that can compete in bitcoin in terms of Volume (24hr) and market cap.
mcconah

Activity: 187

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 04:24:25 AM

of course during the heaviest contenders of the bitcoin is ethereum. already since a long time the ranking of both always hand in hand. even now just ethereum already increasingly popular and many devotees.

( M P C X )  Revolution Starts Here!  ( M P C X )
Digital Crypto Wealth Management Platform
11:11pas

Fun of WINBIX sales system winbix.io

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 04:27:20 AM

It could happen that ethereum competes with bitcoint, until now ethereum has always been beside bitcoint, and until now there has not been any coint that can rival the popularity of bitcoint, we will see in the next few years whether ethereum can beat bitcoint or not

WINBIX ♝ SALES SYSTEM Selling at the demand price at any time | Pre-DAICO ➧ April 24, 2019 — June 22, 2019 https://winbix.io
Tejas05
Copper Member

NextPakk

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2018, 04:30:09 AM

No, ethereum does not compete with Bitcoin. They have different use cases and different markets. Bitcoin will always lead the way in crypto space.

DATABLOCKCHAIN
Rustamm

Merit: 18

Bitcoin lover!

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 04:31:07 AM

There is no direct competition between bitcoin and ethereum. These are completely different coins for their tasks and functionality. However, of course, outwardly the ethereum can compete with the bitcoin for the leader's place in the future. However, in the near future it will not work in ethereum, because bitcoin has too much capitalization, and without loss of price dominance over the other types of crypto currency, no one can lose it from leadership.
MOProgress

Activity: 868
Merit: 116

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 04:34:12 AM

Ethereum is the only altcoin I see as the coin that is competing with Bitcoin. Ethereum is well accepted just as bitcoin and also can be easily exchange to local currencies in different countries.
ngefek berat

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 05:16:45 AM

I do not believe ethereum can rival the existence of bitcoin because the difference in exchange rates is very far made bitcoin will still be popular as an investment place that is often used by traders.In creating income every time.
bitkanu

Activity: 2184
Merit: 513

Moonbet.io | Web3 Casino

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 05:19:12 AM

I do not believe ethereum can rival the existence of bitcoin because the difference in exchange rates is very far made bitcoin will still be popular as an investment place that is often used by traders.In creating income every time.
And the number of circulating supply or total supply is different aswell, in this case a slight price increase in ethereum will definitely give huge impact to the total market capitalisation.
Consider that, logically a coin that have huge amount of supply will definitely have less price than a limited coin like bitcoin that only have 21 mil.

▒▒▒▒▓███▓▒▒▒▒     
    ▓██▓▓█████████▓▓██▒ 
   ███████▓▓░░░▓▓███████
  ▓▓▓██▓          ░███▓▓▓
 ▒▓▒██▒       ░▓█   ██▒▓▒
▒▓▓▓▒       ▓███    ▓▓▓
████     █████░     ████
████▓░  ██████▓      ████
▒▓▓▓██▒    ████▓     ░▓▓▓
 ▒▓▒███▓▒▒▓░ ▓█      ██▒▓░
  ▓▓▓██████▒       ▓██▓▓▓
   ▓████████░░░██▓█████
    ▒██▓▓▓████████▓▓██░ 
       ░▒▒▒▓█▓█▓▒▒▒       
.MOONBET.||       ▒▒▒▒▓███▓▒▒▒▒     
    ▓██▓▓█████████▓▓██▒ 
   ███████▓▓░░░▓▓███████
  ▓▓▓██▓          ░███▓▓▓
 ▒▓▒██▒       ░▓█   ██▒▓▒
▒▓▓▓▒       ▓███    ▓▓▓
████     █████░     ████
████▓░  ██████▓      ████
▒▓▓▓██▒    ████▓     ░▓▓▓
 ▒▓▒███▓▒▒▓░ ▓█      ██▒▓░
  ▓▓▓██████▒       ▓██▓▓▓
   ▓████████░░░██▓█████
    ▒██▓▓▓████████▓▓██░ 
       ░▒▒▒▓█▓█▓▒▒▒       
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
> TWITTER
> MEDIUM
> INSTAGRAM
> TELEGRAM
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
NewRanger

Activity: 1568
Merit: 333

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2018, 05:21:54 AM

beside of its rate, bitcoin has low supply if we compare with ethereum.there are several differences between ethereum and bitcoin that make investor choose of one them.

█████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Gudhal Untu

Activity: 845

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 05:43:07 AM

Ethereum is the only altcoin I see as the coin that is competing with Bitcoin. Ethereum is well accepted just as bitcoin and also can be easily exchange to local currencies in different countries.

Ethereum's use continues to increase compared to bitcoin, this is because more and more exchanges and tokens are based on ethereum making ethereum a very popular coin and in the future will be number #1 replacing bitcoin.
Rina Ambar

Activity: 188

Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 06:57:19 AM

Basically the creation of altcoins includes eth to compete with other coins including btc, but eth crying is indeed the best btc competitor, because now there are many new crypto projects that use eth's platform, and that is one factor why eth can be called the best altcoin.

AIGO Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World
moepaing

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 11:25:53 AM

ETH has promising valuue but I don't mind that it will be possible to compete with BTC in the nearest time. It needs in a good premise for the fast and serious increasing.
nniecan001

Merit: 21

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 11:28:43 AM

The competition is always on, but the worst thing ... there are more loser than winner.  Eth is one of them, as you see on this current time, the bitcoin is too far if you compare on eth and other crypto currencies. But the fight is not over yet, there are lot of promising altcoins around the market and its possible to get near to the reputation of bitcoin at least.

So just watch and keep continue to support this crypto market, all of us will benefit for sure. We are the early birds on this field.
thanhmmo19

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 04:22:05 PM

Huh? No. One coin will never replace another. Coins may disappear, coins may appear, but all coins take their own places. And nobody replaces Bitcoin, even if it's a top altcoin.
67semih

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2018, 04:29:03 PM

Ethereum cant beat bitcoin. Bitcoin is the king of crypto market. I know its old tech. But its the first and everybody know it. So bitcoin will be the most valuable..
Argoo

Activity: 2268
Merit: 225

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 04:37:40 PM

Ethereum does not directly control with bitcoin and for the foreseeable future this coin can not replace it. Now, no crypto currency can replace bitcoin until it loses its high level of capitalization, which provides it with a price dominance over the other types of crypto currency. When this happens and happens at all, no one can yet say. Of course, on the whole, I would like to see a market in which each Crypto currency would freely form its own price and would not depend on other currencies.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
shnmykl

Activity: 52

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 04:55:24 PM

they already competed, but Bitcoin's marketcap is more away than Ethereum's marketcap. Bitcoin is 6 trillion and Ethereum only have 1.1 Trillion. The closest competition right now is Ripple and Ethereum for battling rank 2 because their marketcap are very close to each other, there's a day Ripple got the rank 2 when it pumped and Ethereum dropped rank 3 but after many days Ripple got dumped again and Ethereum regains its rank 2.
Epimetheus
Legendary

Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 05:57:23 PM

I don't think so that Ethereum beat bitcoin. Although Ethereum is a good cryptocurrency and also use for many things like bitcoin, but in comparison to bitcoin it has lot of demerits and disadvantage. Bitcoin is accepted in many country in comparison to Ethereum. And bitcoin price is also higher then that of Ethereum and because of this high price of bitcoin many people first choice is bitcoin for investment and for other purposes. Bitcoin is also use for various market shopping sites and many companies use bitcoin in comparison to Ethereum. These reasons show that bitcoin is better then that of Ethereum.
BitTraderCute

Activity: 899

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 05:59:54 PM

Huh? No. One coin will never replace another. Coins may disappear, coins may appear, but all coins take their own places. And nobody replaces Bitcoin, even if it's a top altcoin.
each coins have their own base community in the world.any much them have good potential in future.but if they want to bear bitcoin, they should duplicate the best bitcoin feature and improved it.
lancer10

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 07:57:21 PM

I don't see a competition. Each coin, if you really look at it, has its path of development and success. They are different. Being a runner-up in the crypto business doesn't mean it's bad, it still means standing out and making difference.
DarkHerO15

Activity: 254

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 08:28:46 PM

Basically the creation of altcoins includes eth to compete with other coins including btc, but eth crying is indeed the best btc competitor, because now there are many new crypto projects that use eth's platform, and that is one factor why eth can be called the best altcoin.
Yes, the ETH platform is one of the factors that make ETH so good, but competing with BTC, I don’t think so. The both coins are just in the market, going its own way.
fukkkxdfs

Activity: 157

Alfa-Enzo:Introducing the First Global Smartmarket

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 10:28:50 AM

They are competing for so long and I can't predict which of them will be the winner because crypto is quite predictable but we can't deny the effect of unpredictable changes and event.

╭═══════ ALFA \▼/ ENZO ═══════╮
│    $3M PRIVATE SALE COMPLETED    │
╰════ https://www.alfaenzo.io ════╯
nytstalker

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 10:48:27 AM

Yes ethereum can compete bitcoin in terms of  VOLUNE(24H) and MARKET CAP because ethereum is in the 2nd place in all altcoins. Ethereum has a potential to beat bitcoin in future.
babyxxbaby

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 01:15:26 PM

I doubt about that. Ethereum is a good coin but I think nothing can beat Bitcoin because it has a strong position in priorities of people and every coin depends on it, even Ethereum. So how can in beat the thing that it depends on?
[ProTrader]

Activity: 644

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 02:51:43 PM

Ethereum is a good altcoin to hold but it is far from replacing Bitcoin as a number 1 cryptocurrency in the market. It also needs to deal with other altcoin that is directly competitor because of Smart contract platform.
kjnfmplm

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2018, 03:02:13 PM

Yep. It has the probability to replace bitcoin as time passes by. Maybe in a few years, we can see the dominance of bitcoin going down. Maybe because of some major events in the bitcoin community that it will fall to the second place and be replaced by Bitcoin.
siorapokk
Copper Member

Activity: 190

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 03:10:24 PM

In the future, we will see completely different market. As soon as the majority of our community realises that Bitcoin is not the best crypto currency, altcoins will take the crown and I think Ethereum will become a new king of our market.
atjiat

Activity: 1204
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2018, 03:36:05 PM

In the future, we will see completely different market. As soon as the majority of our community realises that Bitcoin is not the best crypto currency, altcoins will take the crown and I think Ethereum will become a new king of our market.
at least you have accurately expressed the future trends in the development of the cryptocurrency market. I also place very high hopes on ethereum, and not on bitcoin.
GERMO COIN

EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 05:42:57 PM

not necessarily, because cryptocurrency is very difficult to guess, then maybe in the future before Ethereum beats Bitcoin, it turns out that Ethereum was defeated by another altcoin so Ethereum is not in a position under Bitcoin, so it is impossible for Ethereum to beat Bitcoin before Ethereum defeats another altcoin who has defeated Ethereum.

fathur01

Activity: 700

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 06:56:17 PM

Ethereum is the closest coin in terms of significance in Bitcoin, but this can change for the worse. To compete with Bitcoin is that Ethereum can't.
TonixGaming_14

Activity: 329

AGATE

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 10:15:27 PM

If there were areas in which they could compete...
These coins are designed for completely different spheres and the level of their influence intersects only at the points of the scale of use of a coin.

AGATE  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ Facebook Telegram Twitter Medium   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   AGATE
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █    PayPal of Cryptocurrencies     █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
████  Blockchain Protocol + 12 Working Modules - Use Crypto as Cash  ████
tterrorpipa

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2018, 07:40:16 AM

I believed that as of now, there is still no competition. Although right now, ethereum is sitting on the second spot while bitcoin was in the first spot. But when you look and compared their market value, there is a big gaps between the both of them. If ethereum will close the gap near on the marketcap in bitcoin, then we can see some good competition.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
MbakNarti

Activity: 679
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 07:47:20 AM

I don't see any competition between Ethereum and bitcoin, because what I see is that the price of bitcoin is always the highest compared to other coins, and Ethereum. So, I think bitcoin hasn't found a competitor, because every coin that always moves following the price of bitcoin. This means that bitcoin is still the best and leads in the crypto currency and no one can compete with bitcoin.
Ivanmikronov

Activity: 159

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 07:51:32 AM

No, this will never happen, Etherium will not take first place, for the simple reason that issue of Eth pain than bitcoin. And bitcoin is digital gold, its value will increase with age.
ripple

Activity: 287

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 09:12:00 AM

Many people think that Ethereum and Bitcoin may be considered competitors. Actually, Ethereum can not compete with bitcoin, with the king's No. 1 position. You can see from distance price comparison and market volume. and the value of Bitcoin

ethereumhunter

Activity: 2884
Merit: 541

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 04:17:35 AM

Ethereum is not competing with bitcoin because it's too hard to compete with the leader of the cryptocurrency and besides that, I think ethereum compete with the other expensive coin. Perhaps, ethereum compete with bitcoin cash because if we compare the price between bitcoin cash, ethereum is behind on that coin and it's hard to increase the price to beat the bitcoin cash right now.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Henri Cartier

Activity: 236
Merit: 117

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 12:27:40 PM

Bitcoin and Ethereum are the market leaders of cryptocurrency in their own specific way.

Bitcoin is still the top investment choice with Bitcoin’s first-in advantage, name recognition, developed payment systems. With Ethereum’s much faster transaction speeds, higher data handling feature, larger currency float and widespread corporate adoption, ETH have its own appeal.

Bitcoin is currently valued at $6357.08 with a market capitalization of $109,335,891,192, while Ethereum is currently valued at $361.04, with a market capitalization of $36,542,706,260.

The live price and the live exchange price of BTC and ETH can be tracked using btc to eth chart to stay updated on the market trends to get the most out of it.

colenax

Activity: 376

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 12:34:26 PM

and to this day it has not happened. bitcoin is too strong rivaled by all the crypto that has been traded, I agree if there are some altcoins that can compete so the market will become more independent without being tied to bitcoin again.

Pejoh Asu

Activity: 1484
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 01:00:00 PM

Ethereum is the most appropriate coin to compete with bitcoin, support from hundreds of tokens that will help ethereum can defeat bitcoin and later become number # 1.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

voltesbit777

Activity: 910
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 01:08:21 PM

Your reason was too irrational, its not because the price value dumped, it doesn't mean will continuously decrease of course not!
I'm not against with Ethereum, but in terms of stability and popularity of Bitcoin it will always prevails among the cryptocurrencies, therefore,
its will always on top even in any exchange platform for sure.
elenka n

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 01:10:57 PM

It seems to me that Bitcoin is unlikely to ever give primacy to someone, because serious investors are behind it!
chairmanMao

Activity: 456

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 07:35:33 AM

This is crazy fantasy. Usually such people have severe fantasies. It is important to know how Bitcoin means to the cryptocurrency market. Coins that are currently able to surpass Bitcoin have not yet appeared. Maybe it won't happen in the next decade.

Thefrolly

Activity: 672

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 07:33:40 PM

There is no way that ethereum can be able to compete with bitcoin, ethereum might be the second best coin in the market but even at that the coin is still far behind bitcoin and for good reason too. Bitcoin is the best and most promising coin in the market, there is no competing with that, it is the first coin to ever come out and it basically runs the entire market

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 11:29:20 PM

Ethereum will not be able to overtake Bitcoin for a long time. I think the next two years Bitcoin is definitely not something to fear. What awaits Ethereum for the next two years is not clear at all.
zcashplan

Activity: 415

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2018, 07:39:42 AM

Please stop your fantasies, Ethereum is the helper of Bitcoin, it can't surpass Bitcoin. Bitcoin represents the entire cryptocurrency market, and its actions affect all altcoin prices. Ethereum has lost many supporters now.

R3ffun

Activity: 714

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 07:47:21 AM

Ethereum seeks to replace the position of the Bitcoin. This is demonstrated by the large number of the Ethereum development done to get at much more expensive again to exceed the price of the Bitcoin itself. so the Bitcoin compete with Ethereum and vice versa.
Sama517

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2018, 07:50:56 AM

I can't even dream of this possibility of Ethereum beating Bitcoin at anytime, not even in 100 years. I am very sure of the solidity of Bitcoin and its forever growth. I can't really say same for Ethereum.

▄▄▄▄▄          REFINE MEDIUM: People's own media          ▄▄▄▄▄
blockchain-man

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 07:51:34 AM

In my opinion, ETH is the electronic currency that closely follows BTC. But to replace BTC is not possible. ETH will grow beside BTC. BTC is the first currency, the origin of electronic money development. The value of BTC will increase over time.
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 07:53:12 AM

Ethereum seeks to replace the position of the Bitcoin. This is demonstrated by the large number of the Ethereum development done to get at much more expensive again to exceed the price of the Bitcoin itself. so the Bitcoin compete with Ethereum and vice versa.

If etherium do really compete with bitcoin , then why etherium's  value is still small and most of the times not moving ?  All cryptos are not competing to each other because all of them are equally built .  the only difference is their name and price but all of their usage are the same , we can use them all for buying and as well as for investing/trading .

The only one that is in competition are ico's because ico's is a kind of business on which they need to attract a lot of costumers or investors so that their project can have a suffcient budget for development .
nebuch

Activity: 588

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 08:02:20 AM

I guess it is impossible to defeat bitcoin by any altcoins even ethereum. There is not like bitcoin in our time so the reigns of bitcoin will take longer starting today. I know ethereum is potential but I cannot deny that ethereum is more potential because it is the all time high and the most in demands coin in every ICO as it is the basis if I'm not mistaken. Once ethereum overtaken the thrown of bitcoin it only means bitcoin is not worthy to lead crypto ever.
Kong Hey Pakboy

Merit: 68

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 08:06:26 AM

Every cryptocurrency are always competing with each other for them to be the number 1 coin in the market, but i think it will be impossible for ethereum to beat bitcoin because it is the first ever cryptocurrency that was made and a lot of people are holding bitcoin.

PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
VadikZimnyayaRezina

Activity: 490

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 08:09:40 AM

Ripple has already outstripped the ethereum, and behind the coin is even more promising. And who knows how they will behave when the bulls come, so there’s no point in talking about competing with Bitcoin.

judyrob

Activity: 798
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 08:10:11 AM

even though it looks indeed very close in coinmarketcap but the distance between the two is pretty far. ethereum little hassles and even weakened in some time. even now the ethereum has to compete with the ripple that also has potential comparable to ethereum. to be considered on par with bitcoin then this is not the time for the ethereum.
shadowdio

Activity: 1876
Merit: 289

Zawardo

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 08:12:54 AM

No one can compete bitcoin even the second popular crypto which is ethereum, bitcoin is the king of crypto many people using bitcoin as a payment, investment, trading, money transfer and etc.
changxia

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 08:17:38 AM

I don't know why people like to use Ethereum and Bitcoin as comparison objects. They don't have any similarities. What are they used to compare?

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
zemper

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 08:20:30 AM

It’s too early to talk about BTC and ETH competition. Especially now that ETH has lost its second place to Ripple. Not the best times for the ETH. But if they solve the problems of the ETH network, and increase the network bandwidth, I think we will be able to see a good increase in the price of ETH.

ethereumhunter

Activity: 2884
Merit: 541

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 08:42:27 AM

It’s too early to talk about BTC and ETH competition. Especially now that ETH has lost its second place to Ripple. Not the best times for the ETH. But if they solve the problems of the ETH network, and increase the network bandwidth, I think we will be able to see a good increase in the price of ETH.

Yes, I see on the coinmarketcap, ethereum place replace with ripple, and now ethereum is on the third position. Everything now has a surprise to us, and we still don't know which coins that can increase and right now, every coin still compete for each other. I don't think that ethereum can compete with bitcoin because bitcoin still have many people who believe in bitcoin and still want to make money from bitcoin. Besides that, bitcoin is the leader in the cryptocurrency.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
cctv0

Activity: 344

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 08:48:41 AM

Ethereum cannot compete with Bitcoin. Bitcoin can eliminate Ethereum by depreciation. Now that Ethereum is in danger, the price of $130 will be reduced by half at any time. The strongest bitcoin coins have started to collapse, and the cryptocurrency market is over.

Osayo

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2018, 08:57:14 AM

Ethereum has lost its competition and rivalry with bitcoin. It is no longer doing well as it used to be. I know the entire crypto market is affected currently and not just Ethereum, but even before this time, say few months ago, it fell badly in comparison to bitcoin price.

▀▀    PUBLISHprotocol    [  WHITELIST  ]    ▀▀
The most viable blockchain based media platform
HauntOne

Activity: 177

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 05:49:07 PM

So far, there are no other applicants, and they are not needed in the current period.  Perhaps in the future when the fate of cryptocurrency will become apparent, something will change.

▬▬  The FASTEST and MOST SECURE Token Exchange  ▬▬  https://ico.ethershift.co  ▬▬
valek.bruno

Activity: 728
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 05:54:10 PM

I am sure that all the same it is a common situation in which many people will lose their deposits, of course now many people just do not understand what is happening and I think that the situation will continue.
Impaler

Activity: 826

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 08:26:00 PM

I don't think ethereum ever beat or compete with Bitcoin. Cause Bitcoin is the core of this market. More than half of the market cap is on Bitcoins side. I'm the worst day Bitcoin dominance is 45-48% of the whole market. As you think Bitcoin and bottle are very different 2 coins use in the  2 different field. Bitcoin is a payment gateway Nd in other hand ethereum is a platform based token. But Bitcoin is way popular than ethereum. Ethereum market cap is 1/5 of Bitcoin. Bitcoin is the most trusted coin for general people. People who know the name blockchain know about Bitcoin. So I don't think eth will ever take the crown from Bitcoin.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
clavirda

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 04:48:44 AM

In any case, BTC will maintain its confident dominance in the crypto market in the near future. But Ethereum really has every chance and a great potential for successful development in the future. I really hope that in a few years, Ethereum will become a confident competitor to BTC.
iyah adrian

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 07:29:53 AM

Indeed, ethereum and bitcoin were always competing in crypto before. But if we look at it now maybe Ripples and bitcoins are competing in crypto. Because we've seen how this increase in ripple in the back.
Memeicomel

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 07:32:23 AM

If etherium do really compete with bitcoin , then why etherium's  value is still small and most of the times not moving ?  All cryptos are not competing to each other because all of them are equally built .  the only difference is their name and price but all of their usage are the same , we can use them all for buying and as well as for investing/trading .

The only one that is in competition are ico's because ico's is a kind of business on which they need to attract a lot of costumers or investors so that their project can have a suffcient budget for development .
I see the development of the weakened Ethereum this makes the price of the Ethereum so down. This makes the Ethereum unable to fight with Bitcoin and keep on condition of recovery. so I am not sure with the rivalry between the Bitcoin with Ethereum.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏

otundebis

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 07:49:22 AM

I believe bitcoin will remain the number one cryptocurrency!  The recent development with bitcoin cash is however casting doubt on bitcoin as there many bitcoin trying to out do each other.  Ethereum is a different and focus on different cache in the market and this could get Ethereum to be very successful in the future cryotocurrency ecosystem!

dubynin.ilya

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 07:57:03 AM

No it is impossible, Etherium will never take the place of bitcoin. Now bitcoin is capabality, as it has a capitalization of more than 50% of the market, so that any problems bitcoin does, affect the rest of the cryptocurrency market.
Iykecolyno
Copper Member

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 07:57:39 AM

There is no basis for this comparison, btc has proven countless time to be the king of cryptocurrencies, Etherium can only achieve this in their dreams. Despite all the forks and several splitting, it still stands tough. Eth will never have a place
ranggenga

Activity: 714

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 08:01:44 AM

Looking on today's market, there is no way Ethereum competing Bitcoin, right now Ethereum drop to the 3rd place in marketcap.
Right now the opponent of Ethereum is Ripple, starting from few moments ago, the 2nd place already being taken by Ripple.
lipoicChin

Activity: 32

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 08:29:05 AM

I don't think that ETH has any chance to compete with Bitcoin,  XRP already passed ETH and rank 2nd.
Gyromancer

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2018, 09:29:34 AM

Yeah it's true that ethereum competes with bitcoin. Indirectly these coins compete to gain public trust and compete in the top position of the crypto currency. Ethereum is able to compete with bitcoin because ethereum is proven to bring technological excellence. The superiority of this technology that I believe can defeat bitcoin someday. Someday, ethereum can shift the position of bitcoin to become the king of crypto currencies. Now ethereum has shown its growth by becoming the king of the ICO. Of course this is a good sign that ethereum is increasingly providing benefits and will further expand its usefulness.

olsyd

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 09:34:51 AM

No, I don't believe in that. Bitcoin promoted much stronger and globally than Ethereum, a huge number of people didn't even hear about Ethereum but they heard about Bitcoin
myohmy81

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 09:51:16 AM

with the current situation of ethereum this is too far for them to compete with bitcoin as the top cryptocurrency. Ethereum has hit the bottom for this year and we don't know when this going to bounce back. Although I still believe that they can find ways to rise again in the coming days.
babarian

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 10:05:45 AM

do you still believe what you say now? can ethereum be a competitor for bitcoin now, if ethereum is a competitor of bitcoin today, then ripple would be better to compete with bitcoin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: