Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 07:30:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Exhausting Scammers!  (Read 387 times)
Sir Cross

Activity: 336
Merit: 106

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:54:28 AM

If you are referring to the services being a scam then, try to find a bounty running by TokenMarket, BountyPortal or reputable bounty managers on the forums but If you're speaking about the members impersonating other members then there isn't much that can be done here. If the manager is vigilant, that shouldn't affect the original participant in anyway.

I agree to this. In addition, you could also try to research on the project first before joining bounty campaigns. This will help you to know on whether or not the campaign is a scam. Also try on reporting the members who may be abusive for them to have a red trust.

DenCho?

Activity: 494
Merit: 120

In BTC we trust!

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2018, 11:05:35 AM

I agree that the Best way to not be scammed is to make your own quiet deep research of the project because you are also investing, not your money but your time and it is much more expensive. Or you can rely on the other's opinion and choose from different bounty and ICO portals.

I have already  heard many times about guys copiing reports and Accounts at bounty programs, but fortunately didn't saw them, or May be i didn't look attentively enough. Any way only bounty managers could do some thing against this kind of participants and of course we need to check Spreadsheets oursefl to find our clones and report to managers.

@BitcoinSchool_bot - oбpaзoвaтeльный Telegram-бoт. Учиcь, пoкa oпять нe нaчaлocь!
Emilyearl

Activity: 700
Merit: 105

APESWAP

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 11:09:25 AM

The only thing that still allows these scammers to exist is because the spreadsheets are always displayed and as such identity theft is high. If the spreadsheets can be hidden and opened once the bounty is over and stakes calculated for people to view their entries, I am sure this duplicates and scammers will be put to rest.
nsasuiteb

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

BAILOUT

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 11:10:26 AM

The most ico is basically scam so being paid a lot in a good ico is mostly about luck. You should research more before joining in any kind of bounty

mariayaz

Activity: 294
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 11:12:10 AM

Most of the ICOs are scam no doubt but it totally depends on your research about the ICO before you join their bounty.

✦✦✦✦✦  ☸ SECURE - FAST - FAIR ☸  ✦✦✦✦✦   (https://www.bitgame.com/?trackCode=BITCOINTALK)
Emilyearl

Activity: 700
Merit: 105

APESWAP

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 11:13:38 AM

Well thats the thing, the problem is. yes the original eth address and all other credentials are there.
But the problem is, specially if the bounty is around 3k+ participants. They cant check, if its the real one.
Think about that, a second(the fake one) with same credentials and different eth address.
it is possible if the manager wasnt able to identify the two. the fake one could earn stakes by just doing that.
Managing a high number of bounty participants is not reason enough not to do a very good job of detecting spams and scammers. If the participants are too much for their staff capacity to handle, they should reconsider hiring more staffs or limit the number of campaigns they handle to their staff capacity.
chairmanMao

Activity: 456
Merit: 15

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 11:21:53 AM

I think it's hard to stop them, because the characteristics of cryptocurrencies make it difficult for you to verify their true information, so it depends more on your experience. You need to use experience to judge whether a project is scam.

T o x i c a l

Activity: 518
Merit: 13

SCARCITYDEFI.ORG

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 11:31:06 AM

I have been here at the forum for a while now.
I Was Active On Bounties.
However this is what happens.
Some or almost half of the Bounty Programs I joined, turns out to be a scam.
Some Members Even duplicate my credentials/reports and the worst part is,
Some attempted to KYC my bounty payment.

This experience is exhausting and frustrating.

You guys?
What do you think we can do to prevent or stop such scam projects or people that imitates us?
And what are your experience with them? and what did you do?
I am sure that soon the administration of the forum together with the regulators will come up with some new norms to counter such cases. What you have just described is now a disaster in recent months. I do not know of any such project where such attempts of fraud have not occurred.

commander11

Activity: 545
Merit: 250

0x3f17f1962B36e491b30A40b2405849e597Ba5FB5

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 11:35:51 AM

If you are referring to the services being a scam then, try to find a bounty running by TokenMarket, BountyPortal or reputable bounty managers on the forums but If you're speaking about the members impersonating other members then there isn't much that can be done here. If the manager is vigilant, that shouldn't affect the original participant in anyway.

That particular platform that you mention above pays only a penny due to heavy participants. They have no limit in bounty hunters, and that is not right. They should at least make the bounty profitable. I would prefer hunting limited slots bounty campaign than joining automated/over-loaded platform.
jgaspar

Activity: 239
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 02:06:01 PM

You guys?
What do you think we can do to prevent or stop such scam projects or people that imitates us?
I can say that it is a common thing for bounties. From what I get to know here you need just to be prepared for that to happen. I was initially preparing myself that up to 30% of the bounties I join would be scam.
kier010

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 02:23:13 PM

we can't stop this scam projects. they will not stop until there is still some to scam. scamming is easy money to them. what we need to do is research well to avoid this scam projects. if you want to join bounty campaign find campaign manager with good reputation. there are many of them here look for it. also avoid campaign manager that are newbie there is a higher chance it is a scam.
swiftbits

Activity: 938
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 02:25:29 PM

We can't really define if the campaign or project is reliable or not, some great projects really keep low profile in terms of bounties and some fake just show off and do much of promotion to get much engagement and investors, its really stressing that we only get a little after using our time in helping the projects to reach their goals.

▀▀█▄
     ▀▀██▄▄██████▄████▄
      ▄▄███████████▀█▄
  ▄█████████████████▄█▄ ▄
 ▀  ▀██████████████▀▀█████
   ▄██████▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▄▄▀█▀
 ▄███████▄▄█▀               █
█▀▀ ▀██████▀                █
    ██████▄█▌              ██
   █████████             ▄██▌
    █▀ ▀█████ █▄ ▐▄  ▄█████▀
         ▀███████ ██▄▄███▀
           ▀▀█████████▀
.CoinDragon.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
..No.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
             ▄▄██████▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄████████████
 ▄███████████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████████████████
 ▀█████████████████████████▀
     ██  ▄▄   ██  ▄▄   ██
     ██  ██   ██  ██   ██
     ██  ██   ██  ██   ██
     ▀▀  ██   ▀▀  ██   ▀▀
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
Competitions
& Tournaments
for All
YNAGS Team

Activity: 220
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 02:34:41 PM

This is the reason why I believe that bounties and airdrops are just the first step into the great and vast world of cryptocurrency. You need to get understanding, as fast as possible that investing and trading is better.
abake

Activity: 555
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 02:37:23 PM

You guys?
You are wrong by tagging the project itself scam project. Such acts are always from fraudsters among the bounty hunters I believe. They would check spreadsheet and fill form with other people’s details.

[ IQ ]           cash            ▐               THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                          ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
dele4

Activity: 301
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 02:39:10 PM

yes it is very annoying when we have spent a lot of time, energy, and mind to follow a bounty campaign that turned out to be a scam. whereas I have many hopes to get results. but it gives me lessons to be more careful in following the campaign. it's important to check out the developer team, and the project's white paper first.

███  ████     BAAN►X  |  The Cryptobank Revolution     ████  ███
▬▬▬  ►  ▬▬▬  ANN  Whitepaper  Telegram  Facebook  Twitter  Medium  ▬▬▬  ◄  ▬▬▬
PRE-SALE IS OPEN!  ▬▬  Register for 100BXX!  ▬▬  Subscribe to our NEWSLETTER
Mind Control

Activity: 224
Merit: 41

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 03:21:07 PM

I have been in a bounty which in the end turned out to be a scam. I immediately removed my signature upon knowing that in order to stop advertising scam projects. I hate being used by others into something that could stain my reputation. I have no concrete procedure on how to know what project is legit and what is a scam. Even campaign managers are being fooled so if they are fooled, there's no doubt many will be fooled as well.

For those who are using someone's account just to cheat, I report them to campaign manager. I scan the spreadsheet one by one just to verify each entry. Yes, I scan the spreadsheet one by one, literally. I do not want cheaters in a bounty I am participating  Grin
JaoBadjap (OP)

Merit: 132

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2018, 09:39:37 AM

I agree to this. In addition, you could also try to research on the project first before joining bounty campaigns. This will help you to know on whether or not the campaign is a scam. Also try on reporting the members who may be abusive for them to have a red trust.
Thanks for the tips. Specially on the bounty providers, you provided.
And ive already reported such acts, and i get a good results.
And yes i research the project before joining them.
thanks a lot guys
fiorilia

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 09:52:30 AM

the project will not be stopped scam to keep popping up. can do is merely avoid that project. Indeed the hard way but this must be done in order to get results. deepen the analysis to find the best project in order to avoid viewing from this scam because the important thing to do.
Donovan XXL

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2018, 03:49:14 PM

Before a bounty campaign, you should check the team members, the BM, the popularity of the project on social networks... But even then you're not sure you won't be scammed.
Anyway try to go with quality over quantity or like you said you'll be very frustrated
JaoBadjap (OP)

Merit: 132

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2018, 08:19:37 AM

Thanks Guys for the tip.
And pointers, its really hard to fight off scammers though.
Wish me luck. And good luck to guys.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: