Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:30:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: For Bounty Hunters (Do You Have Time to Read the ICO Whitepaper?  (Read 1516 times)
AlekseyCrypto

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 07:04:23 PM

I always read white paper and only after that I make a full article or review on this project. It also gives me an opportunity to understand how the project will be in demand and how the idea is implemented.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Malbaunti

Activity: 189
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 08:18:24 PM

When choosing a bounty company, I always look through the white paper. Having studied the white paper, you are unlikely to identify scammers.  But the idea of the project, their team, advisors, a roadmap, will tell you the possible prospects of the project.
ljp7839008

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 12:33:53 PM

First of all let me ask if What is a Whitepaper? The answer according to Howtotoken.com:

By the power of example, you know what it is. A written document to better understand the technical project behind an ICO. But the whitepaper isn’t restricted to ICOs or crypto-space. A whitepaper is a document long used in business.

According to Wikipedia:

“A white paper is an authoritative report or guide that informs readers concisely about a complex issue and presents the issuing body’s philosophy on the matter. It is meant to help readers understand an issue, solve a problem, or make a decision.”

Which describes its use the best. It “helps readers understand”, is an informational document meant to deliver you the best information without the PR and marketing filter of the promotional content we get to find on websites, flyers, or advertisement

Lets go back to the question, Do you still have time to read the whitepaper before entering into a bounty campaign of certain ICO? I am very curious why a lot of bounty hunters regrets that they did their best to promote a project thru social media campaign and end up being scam.

Is reading the Whitepaper helps a bounty hunter avoid being scam by scam projects?
Do you really read the Whitepaper or just relying on referral of other bounty hunters?

Of course ,before you start the project, you need to read it in more detail. Just the study of the white book is one of the important points!  I am not lazy, and always study the technical document before joining the ICO!
CopMom

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 12:45:43 PM

I don't think there is any bounty hunter care about reading WP of ICO project behind each bounty campaign Smiley. I also don't wanna spend time to read WP as well. But as I think ANN thread is a summary of WP so I often read ANN thread in this forum only. I think it's enough for bounty hunter to understand about ICO project behind each bounty campaign which they're being in Smiley

✦ ───    OATH  ─── ✦ 
BLOCKCHAIN DISPUTE RESOLUTION & GOVERNANCE PROTOCOL
▌▐ ───────  Facebook ⬝  Telegram ⬝  Twitter ⬝   GitHub ⬝  Medium   ────── ▌▐ 
azizfikri2

Activity: 100
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 02:14:09 PM

Since I join to choose some bounty project I always read Whitepaper, because I will know about team, and others else who make project, roadmap and more information needed. That make me interesting to read that.
DgurJIupyf

Activity: 392

http://o-tu.ru/

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 02:35:09 PM

If you are going to spend your time just for nothing, you can not read a white book. You take it and make all the bounty in a row that come out. And if you value your time, I strongly recommend you to study white paper in all bounty companies.

Gaggy185

Activity: 437
Merit: 100

Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 02:35:50 PM

I think just a little number of bounty hunters care about reading Whitepaper of ICO project behind bounty campaign. I also don't wanna read as well but I have my other way to check if it's a good project or not like check traffic of their ICO website, check their social media network account like Facebook/Twitter/Medium/Reddis and their telegram group to see how active dev team are, check amount of ETH and BTC collected from private sale, presale,.....

AIGO
Adoption Blockchain
e-Commerce to World

..Find Us!:..

▄███▄
▀███▀

▄███▄    ▄██▄    ▄█████▄
█████    ████▄██████████▄
█████    ████████████████
█████    ███████▀  ███████
█████    █████▀      ██████
█████    █████        █████
▀███▀    ▀███▀        ▀███▀

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
palermofc

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 05:47:21 PM

I usually read whitepapers before I make an investment. Reading the whitepaper can help a bounty hunter avoid being scammed, but it is no a guarantee; projects can fail in advertisment and attracting investors, despite it's a good project.
Lekzy

Activity: 38

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 05:50:19 PM

From what i read in this thread, I'll now take my time to read whitepaper
Ludmilla_rose1995

Activity: 1534
Merit: 157

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 05:54:42 PM

honestly most of the bounty that I do, I do not read the whitepaper, just do it unless I make the blog content.
but we should take the time to read and understand the project we are going to market. so we better understand about the project and to reduce the risk of participating in the scam project. so not only investors who have to read a whitepaper

Sergo Grigo

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 05:57:01 PM

I do not always read the white paper bounty projects in which I participate, although it must be done to better know the projects that are promoting. However, well-written technical documents do not guarantee that the project will not be fraudulent or a failure.
yorannic

Activity: 317
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 06:03:39 PM

I always read white paper and only after that I make a full article or review on this project. It also gives me an opportunity to understand how the project will be in demand and how the idea is implemented.

reading white paper gives an idea of the technical part of the project, but the guarantee that this does not scam it does not. the study of white paper is one of the criteria for choosing a bounty of the campania. The experience helps most. After 3-4 months by viewing the iso you are already in the 70-80% you will see the scam projects.
Destroyeroff98

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 06:04:24 PM

I always read the whitepaper. Sometimes on it I can understand that the project is fraudulent ...

Vektrum

Activity: 420
Merit: 14

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 06:06:23 PM

When I choose ICO projects to join a signature campaign, I usually carefully read their website, which also outlines the philosophy of the ICO problem and the issues that it addresses, as well as other issues that interest me. I also skim through other ICO documents. I focus on the topic, which sets out the conditions for joining the ICO project. This, as a rule, is enough to make a decision.
arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 06:06:37 PM

First of all let me ask if What is a Whitepaper? The answer according to Howtotoken.com:

By the power of example, you know what it is. A written document to better understand the technical project behind an ICO. But the whitepaper isn’t restricted to ICOs or crypto-space. A whitepaper is a document long used in business.

According to Wikipedia:

“A white paper is an authoritative report or guide that informs readers concisely about a complex issue and presents the issuing body’s philosophy on the matter. It is meant to help readers understand an issue, solve a problem, or make a decision.”

Which describes its use the best. It “helps readers understand”, is an informational document meant to deliver you the best information without the PR and marketing filter of the promotional content we get to find on websites, flyers, or advertisement

Lets go back to the question, Do you still have time to read the whitepaper before entering into a bounty campaign of certain ICO? I am very curious why a lot of bounty hunters regrets that they did their best to promote a project thru social media campaign and end up being scam.

Is reading the Whitepaper helps a bounty hunter avoid being scam by scam projects?
Do you really read the Whitepaper or just relying on referral of other bounty hunters?

Yes I do read projects' white paper that I do promote and I always do this in other to have the knowledge of what I am doing and why I should promote that project. Many of the bounties avalible are not good for promotion as there are scam projects and I don't want to work for free for any projects so I select the projects I promote by studying the white paper.
bawa_23

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 06:21:51 PM

If someone is serious in Cryto World & about its investments, hardwork he should properly read & understand the Whitepaper. To analyze the depth of the project it is important. But mostly Bounty Hunters dosen’t care about Whitepaper they are just interested what the project is offering to them for their campaigning.
DarkTaiga

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 06:28:18 PM

I just read the whitepaper because I need it to do social media campaign. Whitepaper is just a project idea introduction. And it don't help you avoid being scam. If you want to avoid scammer, you can see their news, their marketing, their social or their interaction with the community. Scammers can also write a perfect whitepaper.
Oniko

Merit: 11

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 06:28:25 PM

If you carefully approach the choice of bounty companies, then reading Whitepaper is a necessary action. You can not only get tokens, but also earn on their growth rate
AlisaWhishie

Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2018, 06:30:23 PM

You probably all know the answer to the question. Let's have a look at a few characteristics of bounty hunters that I've come to know just from reading this forum.

They generally say nothing specific about the project, just "how great it is" and what a "wonderful team and solid dev" or generic comments like that. They even spell things wrong, they invest 0 amounts into the project. The bounty ends and they are in a new project the very same day. They are able to offer nothing if you ask them questions, just tell you to "refer to the whitepaper".

-snip-

You're absolutely right. I also can't stand reading these generic comments saying "great project good team buy tokens soon moon" about every project. I just can't get why managers still accept them. And the truth is you don't even need to read the WP from the beginning till the end to write something special, the main page of the website is enough in most cases.

GREENch

Activity: 1400
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 06:30:40 PM

When analyzing bounty projects, I spend some time looking at whitepaper, I can not say that I thoroughly study it, but I look through it superficially for sure. It helps a lot when the project has a lightpaper
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: