Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:44:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Kora Network scammed bounty hunters  (Read 307 times)
slackovic (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1207

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 07:19:34 AM

Sorry, here's the proper format:

What happened:: The Kora Network team refuse to pay the bounty hunters that participated in their bounties

Reference Link: Bountyhive co-founder wrote this article about Kora

Amount Scammed: I can only guess (because they never told us how much we will receive) but at least few hundreds US dollars

Payment Method: KNT tokens

Additional Notes:
I have participated in the Kora Network signature bounty that was organized by the Bountyhive service. After months of waiting for my tokens, Bountyhive co-founder posted this Medium article which, in short, explains that we (the bounty hunters) will probably never receive our tokens. I asked about the tokens on the Kora Telegram group and I immediately got banned.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████▄▄██▄▄
████████████████████▄▄
░████▄▄████████████████
░█████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██▀
█████████████████░▄██▄
████████████████░░▀██▀
███████████████
███████████
██████████
█████████
████████
██████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kenzawak

Activity: 658
Merit: 851

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 07:41:56 AM

That was to be expected.
When there is a delay in payment like that and ridiculous excuses being used, you can be sure it's gonna turn out to be a scam.
These guys don't realize that the same people who promoted their project can also trash it on the same social networks.
I say that's what we do. Let's all talk about that scam on facebook, twitter, reddit...
slackovic (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 07:45:44 AM

Of course. They collected $12 million and obviously that amount of money messed up their mind because now their name is being trashed all over the social networks and I'm really curious how it will affect the price today when the trading begins.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████▄▄██▄▄
████████████████████▄▄
░████▄▄████████████████
░█████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██▀
█████████████████░▄██▄
████████████████░░▀██▀
███████████████
███████████
██████████
█████████
████████
██████████
rastnik91

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2018, 07:57:12 AM

let's talk about this scam in all the social networks and call on us scam kora network..  Angry
kenzawak

Activity: 658
Merit: 851

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 08:01:08 AM

-Dickson Nsofor ceo of Kora :
https://twitter.com/DicksonNsofor
https://www.facebook.com/nsofor.dickson

-Kora network :
https://twitter.com/Kora_Network
https://www.facebook.com/thekoranetwork/

Their email :
info@kora.network
Aeotx

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 05:08:07 PM
Merited by dimonstration (2)

Same of what happened with Bitpaction Exchange who never paid their bounty hunter due to "low quality" (they said).  And even Social Media campaigns never been paid. Well, I feel sorry for you dude...
UPSTOL

Activity: 238
Merit: 15

Bro,wake up!

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 06:04:16 PM

Russian local thread about this SCAMERS (KORA NETWORK) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4613514
jamesndungu1

Activity: 434
Merit: 25

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 08:47:46 PM

Sorry, here's the proper format:

What happened:: The Kora Network team refuse to pay the bounty hunters that participated in their bounties

Reference Link: Bountyhive co-founder wrote this article about Kora

Amount Scammed: I can only guess (because they never told us how much we will receive) but at least few hundreds US dollars

Payment Method: KNT tokens

Additional Notes:
I have participated in the Kora Network signature bounty that was organized by the Bountyhive service. After months of waiting for my tokens, Bountyhive co-founder posted this Medium article which, in short, explains that we (the bounty hunters) will probably never receive our tokens. I asked about the tokens on the Kora Telegram group and I immediately got banned.

I did not participate in the bounty but this is very unethical and greedy in the blockchain community. If this is true i will speak because blockchain is community run.

That article is very well written and explains the unethical behavior by KORA Team.
slackovic (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 06:04:56 AM

Just to give everyone the recent news about this problem. The Kora Team have finally come to their senses and they have come to an agreement with the Bountyhive service. They will pay tokens to the bounty hunters, but not the whole amount. The amount that they have first promised was 33,000,000 KNT tokens and now they have issued this article where they say that the hardcap was reduced in half, but the amount they will pay the bounty hunters was reduced more than 4 times (it's now 8,000,000 KNT).

Now, my opinion is that the Kora team only partially fixed the problem and this is still considered as a scam. I understand that the hard cap was reduced, but only in half. That's why they should have reduced the bounty pool in half, not four times! Your thoughts?

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████▄▄██▄▄
████████████████████▄▄
░████▄▄████████████████
░█████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██▀
█████████████████░▄██▄
████████████████░░▀██▀
███████████████
███████████
██████████
█████████
████████
██████████
Crypto like KSV

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 06:40:29 AM

Now, my opinion is that the Kora team only partially fixed the problem and this is still considered as a scam. I understand that the hard cap was reduced, but only in half. That's why they should have reduced the bounty pool in half, not four times! Your thoughts?

I think you are right. Tokens are paid, but only partially. The company has not fulfilled its obligations
Soots

Activity: 1050
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 10:18:53 PM

Just to give everyone the recent news about this problem. The Kora Team have finally come to their senses and they have come to an agreement with the Bountyhive service. They will pay tokens to the bounty hunters, but not the whole amount. The amount that they have first promised was 33,000,000 KNT tokens and now they have issued this article where they say that the hardcap was reduced in half, but the amount they will pay the bounty hunters was reduced more than 4 times (it's now 8,000,000 KNT).

I think that something was smelling fishy about this bounty, and the project still trying to recover what tactics that the dev was putting unto this to regain paticipants trust. Even if their team had some diversions that the hard cap was reduced, it doesn't mean that they're free from scam accusations. You know this isn't the fist time it happens, because my other previous bounties being participated with also scammed us through bounty tokens adjustments. Its now very rampant on most bounty campaigns, not just Kora but also from other campaigns.
ice18

Activity: 2492
Merit: 542

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 04:40:20 AM

This is one of the most common practices made by untrustworthy and unprofessional developers like this Kora team the sudden change of bounty rewards especially in the end of the campaign and not following what is agreed upon this will impact the project of course and trust by the community and if not properly resolve resulting into a dead and failed project meanwhile bountyhive has also responsibility in the first place for not securing the tokens first and put in escrow.   

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: