Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:52:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer Z9 mini overclocked  (Read 26053 times)
htautosjay

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 02:12:01 PM

Now there are specs. on Z9 big, as was not shown earlier.

Before power consumption was stated as 1250watt,now 970-1162watt. for big and 300watt for mini, now 247-266watt, so my conclusion that is another chip they using, probably changed the spec. and made a batch rerun, the instability in OC mode ithink is a secundary outcome, the primary goal was to lower energy consumption? or cheaper chip? Any way the first one is more stable and could probably run higher than 750 is changed manualy.
We can also see that there is 3 boards, total 48 chips (vs. mini's 12) so its a "full version", it also says it runs 42ksol/s normal and 44kSol/s in the supposed "Turbo mode"

Has anyone taken delivery of a Z9 Big yet ?... Can you post what and if it will OC Please when you get it?  
Thanks

I'm not sure that they have shipped yet -- but should "soon" per their support. As of yesterday there was not a certificate of conformity posted -- they might actually need that in order to ship through US customs, .. not sure.

-j
Yes they cant be far away.. that is a beautiful mining setup...well done..
Take a look at mine i am just waiting for 3 more to arrive on Tuesday https://twitter.com/mrtraderman
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mikxxy

Activity: 21
Merit: 7

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 04:06:30 PM

my 12 batch 1s can all run at 750Mhz and in my setup range from a stable 63C to 74C across them; a lot of variance.
2 of mine run fastest at 725Mhz.

All of them run "best" at 700Mhz or less -- best is a combination of heat vs. hashrate.

At max (750), mine do a stable 192kSol/sec with variance up to ~195.

At 700Mhz, mine do a stable 186kSol/sec with temps in a managable 72C or less.

My setup: https://imgur.com/a/6SBUt2S

(copying my setup as is would be a bad idea for reasons I don't have time to get into at the moment, but you cannot egress 1000cfm out of your house without other problems...).

The most ideal configuration is for 650Mhz across all of mine -- they are stable and cool with minimal (relative) airflow across them (and thus minimal impact to the house environment).

My point here is... even though I can make the batch1s not crash at 750Mhz, that isn't their ideal point. Any unit alone, I can get to 725/750, but when  I combine them all together and their heat impacts each other, 650-700 is ideal with minimal 'loss' in hashrate.
... Which puts them in line with the ~681mhz folk are seeing now.

Once my Z9s come in, I'll see how those chips work in comparison....

-j

Very nice set up Smiley Smiley Smiley
KrK27

Activity: 11

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 08:18:22 PM

One of my Z9 mini fails at 675, max for good works is 650.

At 650 i see some rejects, after 4hours 24 reject... mining on Antpool,

that is normal?
htautosjay

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 11:18:40 PM

One of my Z9 mini fails at 675, max for good works is 650.

At 650 i see some rejects, after 4hours 24 reject... mining on Antpool,

that is normal?
normal read all the previous comments.. i have one that will not go past 643
Warlockks

Activity: 3

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 01:11:14 AM

For some reason, I was not able to get the Google Chrome trick to work.  I change the value, click save, and it comes right back up at 500mhz.

However, what did work was to save the configuration file from my first batch Z9, and upload it to the new Z9.  Just select what frequency you want before saving the config file on the first batch machine, then upload it to the second batch machine.  The second batch machine will mine at the frequency selected.

First batch machine has been running at 750mhz since day one.   Second batch machine would not hash at 750, so I'm hashing now at 675 with about 15Khash.

0ethereum0

Activity: 70

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 09:44:58 AM

In what mining pool you are mining with your z9 mini. I used to work with suprnova and mining pool hub. Suprnova not support Asic
any tips ?
grinbuck

Activity: 68
Merit: 18

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2018, 10:27:58 AM

In what mining pool you are mining with your z9 mini. I used to work with suprnova and mining pool hub. Suprnova not support Asic
any tips ?

Fron my experience Flypool (https://zcash.flypool.org/) pays out the best if mining ZCash. SlushPool (https://slushpool.com) is good too. Both of these are rock solid stability wise.

I generally mine at Prohashing (https://prohashing.com) because it lets me choose any payout coin I like and their profitability seems equivalent to the rest of the pools despite their 5% fee. You'll DEFINITELY need a backup pool if mining with them because their servers give problems once in a while.

BTC: 37x5L8wq3pRxjDof6g2CnwgSrt34C5cFHy
htautosjay

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 10:45:37 AM

any tips ?

Fron my experience Flypool (https://zcash.flypool.org/) pays out the best if mining ZCash. SlushPool (https://slushpool.com) is good too. Both of these are rock solid stability wise.

I generally mine at Prohashing (https://prohashing.com) because it lets me choose any payout coin I like and their profitability seems equivalent to the rest of the pools despite their 5% fee. You'll DEFINITELY need a backup pool if mining with them because their servers give problems once in a while.

I am on Mining Pool Hub.. Seems fine.. Have you tried that?... its a solid service too.
One member mentioned that earnings were lower than expected using whattomine calculator... any comments anyone?...
grinbuck

Activity: 68
Merit: 18

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2018, 10:58:42 AM

any tips ?

I am on Mining Pool Hub.. Seems fine.. Have you tried that?... its a solid service too.
One member mentioned that earnings were lower than expected using whattomine calculator... any comments anyone?...

I've tried miningpoolhub and they're fine. Two problems I have with them is:
a) Statistics reporting is HORRIBLE. Don't like their dashboard - it has nothing except a silly meter type thing indicating the "rough" hashrate for your miners. Doesn't update frequently enough either.
b) Conversion to the coin of your choice is not "real time". At Prohashing the mined coin is converted to the payout coin at the time of mining - and credit given to you is as of that time. At Miningpoolhub, they batch convert it some time in the future - and your payout depends on the value of the mined and the payout coins at that time in the future.

BTC: 37x5L8wq3pRxjDof6g2CnwgSrt34C5cFHy
Wasp0

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 10:59:52 AM

Hello all,

Noob Antminer here, but been mining GPU's since Jan. Thought i would jump on the ASIC bandwagon and invest in a Z9Mini using some of the GPU profits. Been reading this thread and it seems i am one of the Lucky Batch 2 owners, in having a a Z9M that can be overclocked and have mine steady @681 churning out 14.75 on the miner with the pool showing 16.

My question(s) to the learned Antminers out there, is i am using Antpool, but not read of anyone else using this pool? Is this a good pool? or would you recommend Anything but Antpool?

Question 2: Considering buying 3 more Z9 Minis to make 4 in total or Buy into a Big Boy Full Z9. I am aware of the prices, aware of the PSU's needed, and aware of the stinging Customs charge to UK for my 1 mini (£155, Ouch). So all in all, the Big Boy Z9 looks not that far off the price of 3x Minis. What would you guys recommend? 1x Z9? or 3x Z9Mini's?

Thanks for the Advice Smiley
Oakey22

Activity: 488
Merit: 322

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 12:18:55 PM

I got one of the batch 1 z9 mini and it's nearly at ROI already, can't believe I didn't just go all in and buy as many as I could afford.

Anyone else gutted they missed the boat on this one?
htautosjay

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 12:28:37 PM

any tips ?

I've tried miningpoolhub and they're fine. Two problems I have with them is:
a) Statistics reporting is HORRIBLE. Don't like their dashboard - it has nothing except a silly meter type thing indicating the "rough" hashrate for your miners. Doesn't update frequently enough either.
b) Conversion to the coin of your choice is not "real time". At Prohashing the mined coin is converted to the payout coin at the time of mining - and credit given to you is as of that time. At Miningpoolhub, they batch convert it some time in the future - and your payout depends on the value of the mined and the payout coins at that time in the future.
I agree with your views on MPH.. On Prohashing do you just put the one algo in and Prohashing converts all mined coins to BTC and deposits BTC.. Or do we need each and individual wallets?... Cant see much about algo for ASIC.. thanks
Wasp0

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 01:24:40 PM

htautosjay, may i ask kindly to either PM me the settings to put into the miner for the Miningpoolhub, as mentioned above i am a complete noob at this ASIC stuff.

many Thanks

Wasp0
htautosjay

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 01:42:13 PM

htautosjay, may i ask kindly to either PM me the settings to put into the miner for the Miningpoolhub, as mentioned above i am a complete noob at this ASIC stuff.

many Thanks

Wasp0
sure il pm you now and help you set it up..
Wasp0

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 01:43:13 PM

many Thanks

Wasp0

Huge Thanks, i tried to PM you, but as a Noob, i can't Sad
htautosjay

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 01:46:54 PM

many Thanks

Wasp0

Huge Thanks, i tried to PM you, but as a Noob, i can't Sad
I have just changed my settings so u can now Smiley
Wasp0

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 02:01:20 PM

htautosjay,

can't reply to your PM, as a noob i am limited to 1 PM per Hour!!??!!

But just Zec at the moment.
starmax

Activity: 69
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 02:10:04 PM

Just got my batch 2 Mini yesterday.  Ran it at 650 Mhz all night and had no HW errors and minimal pool rejects (using nanopool).  Getting around 14.8Ksol/s.  What's odd is I changed the cgminer.conf to set the speed to something higher but anything higher than 650 just gives me a really low hash rate, around 4.5Ksol/s, even 655 Mhz.  No HW errors, just slow hashing.  Anyone else experience this?

htautosjay

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 02:20:41 PM

htautosjay,

can't reply to your PM, as a noob i am limited to 1 PM per Hour!!??!!

But just Zec at the moment.
Ok i guess you cant open my PM either for 1 hour.. so ZEC
URL europe.equihash-hub.miningpoolhub.com:20570
your worker name >> you need to set up hub workers and a worker in the ZEC page on MPH and select EQUIHASH In hub workers
yrk1957

Activity: 529
Merit: 29

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 02:40:15 PM

Just got my batch 2 Mini yesterday.  Ran it at 650 Mhz all night and had no HW errors and minimal pool rejects (using nanopool).  Getting around 14.8Ksol/s.  What's odd is I changed the cgminer.conf to set the speed to something higher but anything higher than 650 just gives me a really low hash rate, around 4.5Ksol/s, even 655 Mhz.  No HW errors, just slow hashing.  Anyone else experience this?

4.5 means two of the boards dropped out, hence you get a third of the hash rate.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: