Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 02:26:47 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there a way/method to buy bitcoins using paypal?  (Read 5389 times)
adam15229 (OP)

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:38:09 AM

?
davidv

Activity: 31

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 07:00:25 AM

Yes Use Virwox. Buy Linden dollar and exchange for Bitcoin. Visit my website for referral link please :-) I wrote an artical on how to buy Bitcoin with severral payement methodes. (Dutch but with Google translate)
undeadbitcoiner

Activity: 896
Merit: 272

Undeadbitcoiner Will not DIE until 1BTC=50K

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 07:01:54 AM

Yes there are a lot but you must prove that you are the rite person of such account, Mean you need to provide you ID one time so you can trade.

5flags

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Professional anarchist

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 07:10:20 AM

Place an ad on LocalBitcoins.

http://5fla.gs - @5flags on Twitter
bomb7

Activity: 62

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 07:16:08 AM

I used Virwox a few times at the beginning. They charge some nasty fees but you can get bitcoins. First you send USD or Euros with paypal, then you convert it to SLL (the currency for Second Life - that virtual reality game), then convert it to BTC and send the BTC to your wallet.

There is a small limit on the amount of money you can deposit per day and per month on Virwox. I think it is about 100 USD per day and 300 per month when you are a new member.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 07:50:10 AM

I have used VirWox... the premium is around 5%... but it varies, depending upon the availability.
Lucky Cris

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 07:53:26 AM

VirWox any day over LocalBitcoins. You'll definitely pay a premium on LBC. You don't have to provide ID with VirWox but your paypal must be verified (same thing, right).

Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 08:23:38 AM

I used Virwox a few times at the beginning. They charge some nasty fees but you can get bitcoins.

14,6 % for an exact perspective.
(9% if you have the level 3 grad).
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 12:30:56 AM

if you're into bitcoin for the long term, we could sign a contract where you'd get the bitcoins after 180 days from payment (longest paypal chargeback period I know of) when it's quite safe to release bitcoins for paypal payment. if the payment is charged back in the mean time, contract is void. it's that easy. i would even move the coins for you so they have a footprint in the blockchain just would not let you have the private key sooner. sorry but paypal is really bad money to buy bitcoins with.

if you search the forum you might find sellers releasing coins immediately but they are rare and usually won't deal with users without a background check (ebay id with feedback, verified paypal account, web of trust rating, successful trades with forum members in the past).

if paypal is your only option, then the 14% fee via virwox might be the way to go (and be happy to buy bitcoin with pp at all)

You would still get scammed.

Buy $x worth of Bitcoins using PayPal.  If the exchange rate goes up don't dispute.  If the exchange rate goes down file a dispute.  Guaranteed profit for the scammer, either he gets $x back or he gets >$x worth of BTC.
supersajin

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2014, 02:26:52 PM

I'd check out this post before you do btc/paypal business!!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=448847.0

m3

Activity: 460

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 01:11:53 PM

You should try using localbitcoins. The following article explains a good way to do it. http://www.btcfeed.net/tutorials/how-to-convert-paypal-to-bitcoin/

ruggedman_dan
Legendary

Activity: 1012
Merit: 1000

We on P. Sherman 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 07:17:41 AM

steer clear of paypal please.

There are better, possibly less convenient options. But all are better than paypal.
oceans

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 04:44:31 PM

Virwox is one I would recommend however I would be really careful when dealing using PayPal no matter how you do it as transactions can be reversed leaving you out of pocket.
Timetwister
Legendary

Activity: 1199
Merit: 1047

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 04:27:41 PM

Yes, Localbitcoins for example. But they will charge you a big premium because of the charge back risk.
Edward_Cryptonit

Activity: 155

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2014, 07:27:29 PM

Cryptonit offers an option to deposit via Paypal for verified users: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=735931.0

Should you have any questions, feel free to let us know.

Regards
Edward

Cryptonit.net - reliable cryptocurrency exchange.
Victoo

Activity: 393

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 08:27:23 AM

Your only option seems to be virvox for now. You could place an ad on localbitcoins but chances are very less to find a bitcoin seller because you have no feedback there.
misscointamer

Activity: 22

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 04:26:32 AM

I heard paypal has been blocking accounts if you are transacting anything related to bitcoin. Is this true?
Timetwister
Legendary

Activity: 1199
Merit: 1047

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 07:13:50 AM

I heard paypal has been blocking accounts if you are transacting anything related to bitcoin. Is this true?

Yes, it isn't worth using Paypal for buying nor selling bitcoins, you'll only find trouble.
cryptofan5

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 10:41:16 AM

I would be very cautious of paypal. They are notorious for reversing payments.
homm88

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

BTC/Doge

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 05:20:05 PM

if you're into bitcoin for the long term, we could sign a contract where you'd get the bitcoins after 180 days from payment (longest paypal chargeback period I know of) when it's quite safe to release bitcoins for paypal payment. if the payment is charged back in the mean time, contract is void. it's that easy. i would even move the coins for you so they have a footprint in the blockchain just would not let you have the private key sooner. sorry but paypal is really bad money to buy bitcoins with.

if you search the forum you might find sellers releasing coins immediately but they are rare and usually won't deal with users without a background check (ebay id with feedback, verified paypal account, web of trust rating, successful trades with forum members in the past).

if paypal is your only option, then the 14% fee via virwox might be the way to go (and be happy to buy bitcoin with pp at all)

You would still get scammed.

Buy $x worth of Bitcoins using PayPal.  If the exchange rate goes up don't dispute.  If the exchange rate goes down file a dispute.  Guaranteed profit for the scammer, either he gets $x back or he gets >$x worth of BTC.

To be fair, someone with malicious intent will scam even if the exchange rate goes up. So I don't think that helps.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: