Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 01:47:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Makes any sense to buy now?  (Read 4576 times)
OlliBrandt80 (OP)

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:54:38 AM

..while the price is down? No idea who to listen to. I'm confused, pls help.

Bitcoin rules!
CrashX

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 07:22:12 AM

Right now, I will be hold on.

Im currently in Crypto most of my assets, so Im kind of worried that it might just continue to go down.

I was hoping that Mt. Gox old news will finally let us raise, but we haven't.

No if you have some extra cash, and don't mind risking it, I will defiantly buy at a much lowered priced.  Its around 630-650 right now, so we might go back to 1200.
CryptoPanda

Activity: 882
Merit: 302

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 02:20:01 PM

It always makes sense to buy when the price is down.
kdrop22

Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 05:23:25 AM

Yes, it does.
I was a little bit concerned to recommend a buy at the 800$ level. However, I believe 650$ is a good price (provided you plant to hold the coins for atleast 6 months).
merkin51

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 08:08:25 AM

It always makes sense to buy when the price is down.

I'm not sure this price is "down" as such, general consensus seems to be that we are still overvalued. Trendline suggest around $500 right now I think.
Opsamk

Activity: 122

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 08:22:59 AM

I can't even buy anything...

1GPsFkReoJi8isJk1Vyry7NVnL2qpaC9Ja

Feeling generous? Send me some bits Smiley
miketonic

Activity: 185

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 01:43:33 PM

I think you should try to make your own conclusions instead of listening to others. There are people who will tell you that in 6 months the price will be half and people who will tell you that it's gonna be double in 6 months. If you think BTC has potential, buy some. If you are looking to buy just to make quick bucks by trading I suggest you try reading some trading threads. Whatever you do, don't invest money you can't afford to lose!
polarhei

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Firing it up

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 03:14:15 PM

serious player should get some, preferred face to face to prevent errors.

The price is currently reasonable. you may try
gongomanny

Activity: 301

Ɓιтcσιη

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 03:20:38 PM

..while the price is down?

Its best to buy when price drops, but I think we will see more low price so I waiting bit more
Explodicle

Activity: 950
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 03:48:30 PM

This isn't professional advice, don't blame me if I'm completey wrong and the price of  Bitcoin crashes!

It seems to me like the price is low because of exchange problems. I think once decentralized exchanges are more user-friendly this will no longer be an issue, so long-term the outlook is good. If we assume the Open-Transactions Holy Grail is completed in 6 months, then I'd guess another big price increase (over $1000) in 9-12 months.

Short term I have no idea, I just invest based on how I expect the usefulness of a good to change over time.
hostmaster

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 03:49:56 PM

I think things happened worsest things could happen to Bitcoin. It's maybe the last time you can buy at this level...
lnternet

Activity: 299
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 06:24:18 PM

Put a post-it on your monitor: Now is the best time to buy. Look at it daily.

1ntemetqbXokPSSkuHH4iuAJRTQMP6uJ9
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4046
Merit: 1303

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 07:13:53 PM

Only invest what you can afford to lose.  But if you believe in the benefits of bitcoin, then a lower price is always a good time to buy.  No one knows if it will go down more, or rebound quickly so everything is just speculation and you have to make your own decision based on what you learn here, and your own thoughts.

:-)
serje
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 07:24:37 PM

If you have some extra money buy bitcoins because i think the price will go up, also as a backup i would recommend you to sign up at a site that offers usd/btc for trading with a high leverage and put an order on sell there so if the price goes up you will win with bitcoins you've bought if it goes down you will win with the trade on forex market

if it goes down you will have profit from forex you can close that position cash out and buy more btc as the price will be more down and after that the only way is up in my opinion!

i think it may reach 500$/BTC soon but don't think it will stay more than a few days there as we all wait for mtgox to die and since that is the biggest exchange the price will go down

but the good news is that everyone knows it will gonna die and no one will make new accounts there to risk their money

in the long term STRONG BUY!
short term SELL! (14 days)

and if you watched the exchanges btc-e, bitstamps, localbitcoins, mtgox you already know that mtgox was somehow declaring the BTC value and since it's on his way down a new exchange has to take his place and no one did it yet!

Space for rent if its still trending
flounderella

Activity: 350

Bitcoin Evengelist

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 10:14:01 PM

You shouldn't put any money in bitcoins that you can't afford to lose. Plain and simple. Can't be simpler than that.

If you have extra money outside what you need for your sustenance and have a decent nest egg, sure go ahead. But you need to have a frame of mind that will let you ride the volatility and buy into weakness. Otherwise if you'll just cry mommy on every selloff, do everyone a favor and not buy.
CrashX

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 04:57:05 PM

You shouldn't put any money in bitcoins that you can't afford to lose. Plain and simple. Can't be simpler than that.

If you have extra money outside what you need for your sustenance and have a decent nest egg, sure go ahead. But you need to have a frame of mind that will let you ride the volatility and buy into weakness. Otherwise if you'll just cry mommy on every selloff, do everyone a favor and not buy.

+1

I wouldn't buy at this moment, Bitcoin has a down trend and it think it might be a Bubble, look at wiki for a bubble pattern. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Revolution

Activity: 140

Trading BTC, looking for amazon cards

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 02:16:17 PM

Yea I believe it will crash soon, and then return back to a lower mean and then slowly raise.

Unless a whale takes action or there is some huge change in news etc

CrashX

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 02:27:13 AM

Yea I believe it will crash soon, and then return back to a lower mean and then slowly raise.

Yup
Chemistry1988
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 02:39:36 AM

Yup

At which level do you expect bitcoin to drop to?
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 02:50:45 AM

It's a great time to buy.  The sooner the better IMHO.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: