Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:42:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Question/Bounty: What does it take to start Tenebrix without premined coins?  (Read 3098 times)
Lolcust

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
September 29, 2011, 09:52:36 PM

Oh, one more thing michael - I will replace the blockchain lockins of Tenebrix with "standard" multicoin code that allows you to set a locking via config without editing the code and recompiling, if you do not mind (Obviously you need TBX lockins removed but I suspect you might want to set one of your own at some point)

Geist Geld, the experimental cryptocurrency, is ready for yet another SolidCoin collapse Wink

Feed the Lolcust!
NMC: N6YQFkH9Gn9CTm4mpGwuLB5zLzqWTWFw67
BTC: 15F8xbgRBA1XZ4hmtdFDUasroa2A5rYg8M
GEG: gK5Lx6ypWgr69Gw9yGzE6dsA7kcuCRZRK

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
michaelmclees (OP)

Activity: 633
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 29, 2011, 09:58:34 PM

Oh, one more thing michael - I will replace the blockchain lockins of Tenebrix with "standard" multicoin code that allows you to set a locking via config without editing the code and recompiling, if you do not mind (Obviously you need TBX lockins removed but I suspect you might want to set one of your own at some point)

I don't know what that means.
Lolcust

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
September 29, 2011, 10:08:10 PM

I don't know what that means.

Blockchain lockin is a mechanism to "canonize" blocks so that should something Weird happen, all blocks before No X survive, no matter what.

If you recall namecoin affair, one of the concerns was that at the moment of the attack, they didn't have any.

TBX has lockins specific to its chain, since you're making a new one, you'll need a new lockin and I'll make you a way to set a single lockin via config, so that when you reach, say, block 100 or so, you just plug its hash into a certain config option and don't need no recompile Cheesy

Geist Geld, the experimental cryptocurrency, is ready for yet another SolidCoin collapse Wink

Feed the Lolcust!
michaelmclees (OP)

View Profile
September 29, 2011, 10:13:05 PM

Gotcha.  So I choose to lock in after 151 blocks (genesis becomes canon) using a hash (you may make that the first lock-in if you wish) and in the future, if I choose to do another at block 1,000, that may be done without a total makeover of the code?  Am I understanding correctly?
Lolcust

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
September 29, 2011, 11:01:37 PM

Gotcha.  So I choose to lock in after 151 blocks (genesis becomes canon) using a hash (you may make that the first lock-in if you wish) and in the future, if I choose to do another at block 1,000, that may be done without a total makeover of the code?  Am I understanding correctly?

Actually, the code I use allows for only one lock-in through the config (multicoin limits).

However, that should allow you to quickly lock it down at the moment genesis is canon, and later on  you can just take a look at how I did stuff in tenebrix and recompile, it's not very hard.

Feed the Lolcust!
michaelmclees (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2011, 12:02:55 AM

Cool.  Thanks.
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
September 30, 2011, 09:43:23 AM

Cool.  Thanks.

Any news?

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
Lolcust

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
September 30, 2011, 10:00:28 AM

I said a day or so, didn' i ? Only two hands here ^__^

Feed the Lolcust!
TheLaundryMan

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2011, 12:00:30 PM

Just wait for sc2.0 its going to have protection against the 51% attack as well and more features. There is no point in opening another currency with known problems, no business will invest in something that could have them potentially lose all their earnings. Public beta opens this weekend.
Lolcust

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
September 30, 2011, 12:13:16 PM

Just wait for sc2.0 its going to have protection against the 51% attack as well and more features. 

Ha ha, it will also mine coins for coinhunter on USER'S hardware. Which is very much like my controversial fund but WORSE since not only the creator gets a fuckton of coins, the creator also does so while eating the USER'S electricity (and working USER'S perishable hardware) and spamming the blockchain with fucktons of "Sovereign Bonds" transactions.

And unlike my controversial fund, CH's will have no nominal upper limit. Real smooth, there.

Ya know what ? When SC 2.0's source is released, me and michals are gonna fork an EXTORTION-FREE version ~__^

Feed the Lolcust!
Spacy

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2011, 12:24:33 PM

And unlike my controversial fund, CH's will have no nominal upper limit. Real smooth, there.

What do you think is better: 3 years of coins in advance, in 3 years going from 100% to 50% of ALL the coins, or all the time some small % of the coins of a chain, which in 3 years probably won't exist anymore?  Grin
TheLaundryMan

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2011, 12:30:31 PM

Just wait for sc2.0 its going to have protection against the 51% attack as well and more features. 

Ha ha, it will also mine coins for coinhunter on USER'S hardware. Which is very much like my controversial fund but WORSE since not only the creator gets a fuckton of coins, the creator also does so while eating the USER'S electricity (and working USER'S perishable hardware) and spamming the blockchain with fucktons of "Sovereign Bonds" transactions.

Ya know what ? When SC 2.0's source is released, me and michals are gonna fork an EXTORTION-FREE version ~__^

Actually herp derp the coins that are generated as the tax is not used from other peoples machines. Also, you have 7m pre mined coins. He is generating 1m and refunding people who lost their coins due to mooncoin stealing coins. And what do you have to say about the 51% attack prevention? Thats right, nothing. Keep spamming kiddler. I can't believe exchanges even put up an exchange for your shenanigans. You don't even know how to code and have other people do it for you. It's hilarious.
Lolcust

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
September 30, 2011, 12:41:04 PM
Last edit: September 30, 2011, 12:51:38 PM by Lolcust

Ha ha, it will also mine coins for coinhunter on USER'S hardware.

Yeah, a fairy makes them out of aether ~__^

He is generating 1m and refunding people who lost their coins due to mooncoin stealing coins.  

So, he's also playing the court, the judge and the jury in a fraud case, like some kind of Coin King ?

Lol, you should rebrand as SOVEREIGN COIN. That will even allow ya to keep the acronym.

Oh, and BTW, did you already ask CH about how his "reimbursment" thingie is audited, and whether an app to automatically audit the entire blockchain for shenanigans is already written?

I can't believe exchanges even put up an exchange for your shenanigans. You don't even know how to code and have other people do it for you.  

I distinctly recall Coin King (Or perhaps we should now call him King Coin ? ) had to ask other folks to fixup his makefiles, so of all people your crowd should avoid, you know, throwing rocks... or bricks Cheesy Glass houses are so glassy Wink

Anyways, gotta sleep now.

I've got an exchange to open, a site to fill with content, and a fork to make for michal.

Ciao!

Feed the Lolcust!
Matoking

Activity: 352
Merit: 250

Firstbits: 1m8xa

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2011, 03:20:43 PM

So, is anyone going to keep this fork of Tenebrix up-to-date with the original code base, so that improvements implemented to Tenebrix will also be carried to Fairbrix?

BTC : 1CcpmVDLvR7DgA5deFGScoNhiEtiJnh6H4 - LTC : LYTnoXAHNsemMB2jhCSi1znQqnfupdRkSy
Bitcoin-otc
BitBin - earn bitcoins with your pastes!
michaelmclees (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2011, 03:56:09 PM

So, is anyone going to keep this fork of Tenebrix up-to-date with the original code base, so that improvements implemented to Tenebrix will also be carried to Fairbrix?

People need to start mining on it first.  But as improvements come, if they are within my extremely limited coding capability, I will attempt it.
Matoking

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2011, 04:27:48 PM

I can try too. I've worked on bitcoin-qt a bit (only the GUI portion though), but implementing changes from the Tenebrix fork should be trivial (as in copy-paste everything and change stuff if needed). Tongue

BTC : 1CcpmVDLvR7DgA5deFGScoNhiEtiJnh6H4 - LTC : LYTnoXAHNsemMB2jhCSi1znQqnfupdRkSy
Bitcoin-otc
michaelmclees (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2011, 04:57:00 PM

Correct.  That's my understanding of it.
sd

Activity: 730

View Profile
September 30, 2011, 05:25:48 PM

Just wait for sc2.0 its going to have protection against the 51% attack as well and more features. There is no point in opening another currency with known problems, no business will invest in something that could have them potentially lose all their earnings. Public beta opens this weekend.

So funny.. CoinHunter has only delivered bug ridden code and insane rants, only a fool would trust him with anything important.
Lolcust

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
September 30, 2011, 05:29:47 PM

Okay, now that TBX exchange is up, give me anywhere from 2 to 5 hours and it will be ready (I can't predict when the Genesis will be found.)

Michael, should I pm you or just plop it here (I'd rather PM since it will be "raw genesis" and thus pretty abusable, methinks)

Feed the Lolcust!
Matoking

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2011, 05:50:14 PM

So funny.. CoinHunter has only delivered bug ridden code and insane rants, only a fool would trust him with anything important.

From what I've read, CoinHunter has been praising his own fork without a single hint of actual, factual information related to the new version of SolidCoin.
That, and he starts throwing insults around when anyone doubts him.

Bitcoin-otc
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: