Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 09:08:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying - market reacting very maturely to the malleability issue  (Read 2617 times)
MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 01:55:05 PM

Funny to hear from a authentic low-activity-noob.

an authentic low activity noob who has kept his money...and actually made thousands on the way down also.

...whereas you chumps are all well underwater.

Especially you Cyberlight, another reliable idiot, calling the bottom and predicting bullish break-outs all the way down from $1000. Do you now get embarrassed by being wrong all the time? Have you no shame? If I were you I would just shut the fuck up until the charts started to compliment your limited one dimensional take on Bitcoin again. When that happens, I will certainly change my tune, why can't you change yours?

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
Miz4r
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 02:25:25 PM

an authentic low activity noob who has kept his money...and actually made thousands on the way down also.

Especially you Cyberlight, another reliable idiot, calling the bottom and predicting bullish break-outs all the way down from $1000. Do you now get embarrassed by being wrong all the time? Have you no shame? If I were you I would just shut the fuck up until the charts started to compliment your limited one dimensional take on Bitcoin again. When that happens, I will certainly change my tune, why can't you change yours?

So MatTheCat, what do you want us to do? Preach doom and gloom and spread FUD like you and these other noobs are doing? How is that not one dimensional? Sure we could see lower prices still, but all this FUD is just pathetic. You've been talking about a big crash for weeks now based on what, some kind of dream or subconscious feeling? Oh yeah that's some real reliable stuff right there, I'm completely convinced and converted now. No, I play both sides but I prefer to err on the side of the bull. And I've been doing really well doing exactly that. You may prefer the opposite and that's all well, but I don't understand why you're always so hostile about it. Some people should really learn to take themselves less seriously around here. But I guess that's too much to ask for trolls.

Bitcoin = Gold on steroids
MatTheCat

Activity: 840

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 02:36:35 PM

So MatTheCat, what do you want us to do? Preach doom and gloom and spread FUD like you and these other noobs are doing? How is that not one dimensional? Sure we could see lower prices still, but all this FUD is just pathetic. You've been talking about a big crash for weeks now based on what, some kind of dream or subconscious feeling? Oh yeah that's some real reliable stuff right there, I'm completely convinced and converted now. No, I play both sides but I prefer to err on the side of the bull. And I've been doing really well doing exactly that. You may prefer the opposite and that's all well, but I don't understand why you're always so hostile about it. Some people should really learn to take themselves less seriously around here. But I guess that's too much to ask for trolls.

Preach doom and gloom and spread FUD? Go and tell that to at least two 'newbs' on here that I believe I have had an effect on, in helping them decide not to dive into Bitcoin at $820+ prices, as all the resident Bitcoin Nutters were practically commanding them to do.

I start dancing to a different tune when the DJ changes the record.

But right now, all I see is yet more down time, yet all you dickwipes do is keep telling each other how Bitcoin is going 2 da moon. You and I, are fleas on a donkey's arse. It doesn't matter what noises we make. This market will ultimately be made or broke by the actions of a just a handful of players, yet you would prefer only 'positive spin' around here in order that odd other newb small fry will pile his cash into Bitcoin in the vain hope of maintaining the value of your holdings?

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 03:02:26 PM

Are you sure?

I'm 100% (of what I am willing to invest in total) in BTC at this moment. This can change within a moment of course, but I have been all-in for most of the time since the December peak. My total in BTC is now about 2.4 times as high as back then as the result of trading, which makes my holdings worth expressed in USD about 40% higher than at peak (using the intraday 1d median price on Bitstamp to calculate my portfolio worth).

In other words, you can believe in those shiny little coins and not land, as you call it, "well underwater".

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
Rampion (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 03:07:34 PM

Are you sure?

I'm 100% (of what I am willing to invest in total) in BTC at this moment. This can change within a moment of course, but I have been all-in for most of the time since the December peak. My total in BTC is now about 2.4 times as high as back then as the result of trading, which makes my holdings worth expressed in USD about 40% higher than at peak (using the intraday 1d median price on Bitstamp to calculate my portfolio worth).

In other words, you can believe in those shiny little coins and not land, as you call it, "well underwater".

Well, the fact is that everybody who bought and held BTC any time between its inception (2009) and October 2013 (just three months ago) is looking at a huge profit. Its quite delusional and stupid to say generally to this community "you chumps are well underwater" Cheesy

oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 03:18:56 PM

Are you sure?

Well, the fact is that everybody who bought and held BTC any time between its inception (2009) and October 2013 (just three months ago) is looking at a huge profit. Its quite delusional and stupid to say generally to this community "you chumps are well underwater" Cheesy

In his defense, that's kind of his argument: that those of us who (luckily) got in early enough are preaching buy & hold, and while the new entrants are the bagholders.

Problem is, this response is typical for each post-ATH bear market... I hope he sticks around long enough to see that we'll see another ATH, and then another, and so on. Might take a year, though probably less, but BTC hasn't reached its final valuation yet -- not that there ever will be one, but perhaps we'll stay within an order of magnitude at least at some point Smiley

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
Rampion (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 03:30:08 PM

Are you sure?

In his defense, that's kind of his argument: that those of us who (luckily) got in early enough are preaching buy & hold, and while the new entrants are the bagholders.

Problem is, this response is typical for each post-ATH bear market... I hope he sticks around long enough to see that we'll see another ATH, and then another, and so on. Might take a year, though probably less, but BTC hasn't reached its final valuation yet -- not that there ever will be one, but perhaps we'll stay within an order of magnitude at least at some point Smiley

Of course its a typical response: do you remember the Wall Observer in May/June/July? And during the second half of 2011 there were dozens of posts about how the early adopters were milking the bagholders, how they were going to dump everything and bring the price to 0, etc. etc. etc.

I guess MatTheCat didn't use the search function Smiley

In his defense I will say that he has a sense of drama and I find his posts entertaining, some times he makes good points and some of his posts are hilarious

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: