Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:07:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How Many Cryptocurrencies Are Simply Following the Market?  (Read 496 times)
TonyMillsCryto (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 10:57:53 AM

In the last few days, we’ve experienced a massive rout in the cryptocurrency market.

Skeptics are laughing, traders are fleeing , and even HODLers are worried that the sky is going to fall.

The home page of coinmarketcap is awash in a sea of red. And as if by some strange design, every 7 day price graph looks like they’ve been lazily copy pasted from coin to coin.
In the last few days, we’ve experienced a massive rout in the cryptocurrency market.

Skeptics are laughing, traders are fleeing , and even HODLers are worried that the sky is going to fall.

The home page of coinmarketcap is awash in a sea of red. And as if by some strange design, every 7 day price graph looks like they’ve been lazily copy pasted from coin to coin.

WHAT WILL BE THE NEXT TREND

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
davis196

Activity: 2968
Merit: 913

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 11:47:58 AM

Everybody knows that all the altcoins(probably without ethereum) are just following bitcoin(or as you say "the market").I think that some big price dump that is washing away all the useless altcoins is actually something good for the crypto world.By the way,why your post is copy pasted two times?

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 12:16:19 PM

All of 'em.

There may only be one market, at the absolute most there are two - Bitcoin and alts. You'll get individual pumps here and there but all of them return to the general mean eventually.

For most people the only reason they're in this is for more dollars and they don't care how they get them. If you get one mind set, you get one set of behaviour spread across everything.
palle11

Activity: 2310
Merit: 332

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 12:32:27 PM

I think is a monotonous market. All coins are at the knees of bitcoin, going green, red and dark red as bitcoin do. I look for a time when coins growth will be separate parallel.
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 3649

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2018, 04:45:11 PM

The last few days have not been bad for cryptos as a whole.
The price of Bitcoin rebounded from the $ 5000 barrier, and this is a substantial proof that the market has set a bottom at $ 6000.
There is no strong volatility in the price, which is another proof of how Bitcoin became strong. "We no longer see those crazy heights/decline."
As for altcoins, it depends mainly on Bitcoin, so there is nothing new about them.

Some cryptos/tokens break the usual pattern check Bitcoin Diamond "26.35%" & Dent 23.92%

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
ChannaJay

Activity: 69
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 04:56:29 PM

Hello People,
Are there any relevant document to get a better idea about Cryptocurrencies ?
I learned lots of things from this thread and wanna study more about this topic as a new comer of this field.
thanks.
Aleister Crowley

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 09:28:29 PM

Yes they all suffer such defeat and hope the trend takes us to a better path but I think not for this year,,, I also do not know the next trend that I will experience clear now just to get us into the path of safer decline,. several times the market tries to pump back but not too strong the absence of more trust to someone because they think it is still at risk., indeed all altcoin depends on the movement of Bitcoin,, because the future is still gray then be patient and enjoy a good chance for every day.,
Nisharawal

Activity: 336
Merit: 11

I am no stable coin. to the mooonn.. and back

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 09:36:00 PM

Don't feel panic just because you are seeing everywhere RED in the Coinmarketcap or some other exchange. If you approach towards the trading in this manner than i am sure that you are not going to see a bright future ahead in your trading career. Just be positive and follow what the cryptocurrency charts are showing us and it is not necessary that cryptocurrency should always follow the market, you may see altcoins going up against the overall market, and this has been many times. so just follow the altcoin trend for trading and not the overall market trend.

▰▰▰▰ BLACK ▰▰▰▰
 ▰▰▰▰ Insurance Company on Blockchain   ▰▰▰▰
WHITEPAPER   JOIN TELEGRAM   ◄ Ann Thread ►
beurk

Activity: 153
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 09:38:13 PM

As Bitcoin is the grand master down here in the cryptomarket, just like Ethereum in the ERC20 world, if those two beasts go down, the rest will follow. Just like palle11 said, it's monotonous. And i too wish they are gonna be really more independant.
CodyAlfaridzi

Activity: 1708
Merit: 541

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 10:04:04 PM

Almost all altcoins are still tightly tied with Bitcoin. Whenever Bitcoin going down, most of them going down too. Even the big ones like Ethereum are still following Bitcoin in terms of price. That's why I think most altcoins are just a speculation tool at this time. All the ideas are just idea with no real use.

This is one reason why I don't like altcoins in general and more focused on Bitcoin.
manggis97

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 01:20:49 AM

To make profit in cryptocurrency we should be follow the trend of the market, because the market  will never follow us. Sell all crypto when the price all the times high or  reach 10 to 20 times and move the money in to others asset that still bullish.  The price of many altcoin was dumped with big percentace and this is beyond our prediction. So we should be have diversify risk to avoid big loss from market  crash.

wayancrypto

Activity: 462
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 02:19:23 AM

In my opinion to predict the next trend is history of the price will be give answer. In that history price cryptocurrency already many times in bearish trend but finally another bigger bull run was coming. So i can predict the next bull run will be coming and the total market cap has potential to going up to more than  $1 trilliun.

Jating

Activity: 2926
Merit: 808

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 07:32:47 AM

In my opinion to predict the next trend is history of the price will be give answer. In that history price cryptocurrency already many times in bearish trend but finally another bigger bull run was coming. So i can predict the next bull run will be coming and the total market cap has potential to going up to more than  $1 trilliun.

1 Trillion is not far fetched. We almost reached it during the boom in December, if I'm not mistaken the marketcap when as high as $800m before the market crashed.

Bitcoin is really the coin that needs to be watch here. Every other altcoins took its cue to Bitcoin and we all know that price correlation is so true.

As for the bull run, we can't exactly says when its going to happen, but there's a lot of positive news like the Bakkt and ETF's and I do hope that the price will move this coming November so tha it can at least reach 5 digits before the end of the year.
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1128

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 10:17:16 AM

1 Trillion is not far fetched. We almost reached it during the boom in December, if I'm not mistaken the marketcap when as high as $800m before the market crashed.

Bitcoin is really the coin that needs to be watch here. Every other altcoins took its cue to Bitcoin and we all know that price correlation is so true.

As for the bull run, we can't exactly says when its going to happen, but there's a lot of positive news like the Bakkt and ETF's and I do hope that the price will move this coming November so tha it can at least reach 5 digits before the end of the year.
One thing is that in the next few years, I am pretty certain with the whole market taking a new course, the chances of hitting a trillion dollar market is pretty much there. Growth and development is imminent for this market and I so much believe it is something we will eventually get to experience.

Looking at some of the developments that have been going on lately with respect to the chances of mainstream adoption, I believe we will have a greater course of action towards the bull's side. At least, we can see that the market on its own, is pretty much doing not so bad and we can as well just be patient and wait for the long term.
randythered

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 09:04:19 PM

Every currency follows the market for 90% or more of the time, the only time it doesn't is if there's any major movement due to news, development, etc. In the last 9 months only a select handful of coins have been able to trend against the market and remained in the green over that period, they're the ones with the best development and potential for the future.

benalexis12

Activity: 798
Merit: 117

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2018, 10:48:44 PM

As long you believe on the coin you are holding then stay with it. Bitcoin moves upward or downtrend alts will follow. Market usually starts on bitcoin Fundamentals. What I don't like is there are many stablecoins pretending to be part of Cryptocurrency.

vit05

Activity: 672
Merit: 526

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 03:30:38 AM

If you look around for positions, you'll see that some projects tend to change their positioning. In addition, it is better to keep track of the total marketcap than the daily variations and use volume to take out scams like Dent. For example, Decred has gone up quite a bit because it was listed on Binance. He went up several positions. Just like 0x weeks ago when it was listed on the coinbase.

There are some small isolated facts that provoke such reactions. But in general the market follows the price of Bitcoin. And the reason is quite simple, Bitcoin is still the main gateway to the cryptos.

It's the first. It's the biggest. It is the safest and most tested. Everyone will always organize their strategies by looking at Bitcoin.
Siren

Activity: 826
Merit: 265

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 06:25:04 AM

Whats the connection between the title and the story?Looks like none right?
The trend will remain this wwy because this is what the right prices are,without the bubbling whales created in the last quarter of 2017

If you really want to gain.then forget about expecting the bull,for this is not what cryptocurrency is all about,this is currency and must not use as business or other form of profit provider
aencarnaci

Activity: 448
Merit: 281

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 08:32:15 AM

I really would not be surprised, with this market, it is pretty obvious that the thing that is inevitable is growth and looking at the market cap right now, the chances of seeing the whole market cap doing a x5 is not something we cannot see as it is very possible. The potential is there, the chances of seeing the market grow big is there, adoption and real life usage is something that is apparently going to be a reality at some point and all these things put together, is a means to see more money come into the market in the long run and the chances of such a market cap is something positive

Growth and development is imminent for this market and I so much believe it is something we will eventually get to experience.
That is for long term and in short term anything may happen. Many people are speculating like we are going to see what we had experienced in late 2014. But, all the leading coins are posed to have massive growth in long run hence, I believe that I never need to worry for my decision of adopting cryptos for my rest of life.
Whosdaddy

Activity: 1148
Merit: 527

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 11:46:44 AM

Every currency follows the market for 90% or more of the time, the only time it doesn't is if there's any major movement due to news, development, etc. In the last 9 months only a select handful of coins have been able to trend against the market and remained in the green over that period, they're the ones with the best development and potential for the future.
I would say most times, the movement is basically dependent on the altcoin market itself as well as the bitcoin market in most situations. We have seen instances where the bitcoin market tend to take the full domination in the market and the altcoins taking a bow, as well as bitcoin consolidating and then we see the altcoins taking a huge hit to the moon.

Most times, it always depends on how you understand the market, monitor the trend and you are able to deal with it. Like I always say, we have two coins in the market, bitcoin and altcoins, and all altcoins move most of the time in the same manner.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: