Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:48:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin large transaction volume or no volume after 20 years ?  (Read 239 times)
First77 (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 32

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 07:22:18 AM

I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume -- Satoshi Nakamoto

What will be volume of Bitcoin transactions after 20 years ??
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3838

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 07:40:20 AM

Completely depends on how adoption bitcoin will be. If adoption stays stagnant, then probably around the same transactions/day that we have right now. If bitcoin becomes well adopted and easy to use for the normal person, then definitely expect more txs.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
hdtqisg

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 08:58:55 AM

If bitcoin is not used, there will be no transaction! But I do not believe in that now! The development of digital money is just the beginning! Need more time and orientation!
Arifulislam1010

Activity: 280
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 06:30:07 AM

Bitcoin which is the very first crypto currency has faced a surge in the popularity. The number of people buying and selling it has significantly increased compared to what it was when it first launched. If the usage of bitcoin in the world of fiat currency increases more people will be increased in dealing with bitcoins. also the method of transferring the coin should become more easy.
bct9t

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 11:52:01 AM

I also feel the same. Bitcoin will have a large volume within few years.
Hughes_Ryan

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 11:53:42 AM

I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume -- Satoshi Nakamoto

I think a lot more than this time. Because in the future, countries will accept and encourage people to invest in Bitcoin
Howard1102

Activity: 126
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 11:55:05 AM

I do not think the cryptocurrency market can survive for about 20 years anymore. because in the future people will be able to give up investing in bitcoin and invest in another platform
rahimali

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 12:46:29 PM

It is not possible topredict it now. The volume cannot be guessed now. But I believe bitcoin will not die so hopefully it will have a large volume if it is adopted by all as desired.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 12:49:32 PM

10 years from now there are still more users of bitcoin but the rest will be speculations.

I can't tell and I don't want to be sure of what I'm saying after 20 years and that's why Satoshi said the same thing.

But I want it to have large transaction volume, like the comparison of others that bitcoin is currently in the 90's of internet.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
jonloner011

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 02:22:19 PM

IN 2009 BTC was launched based on this now in 2018 its more popular and more user friendly also in market it has good value & btc have good future value based on market and this reason many people invest in btc I hope people will know more and after 20 years later it can be a regular currency.
vonwd

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 02:32:00 PM

If you want to make highest profit from your crypto currency you should make the investment when the cryptoo price falls down or at the lowest buying price.
KevinRobertson

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 03:04:54 PM

Bitcoin future after 20 years is completely depends on the holder users and their transactions, if things stay like the recent situation then there is no doubt that after 20 years bitcoin will progress and people will get more comfortable about it's uses .
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 03:08:28 PM

I don't know about the amount of transactions, but no volume would obviously mean Bitcoin has failed... miners need to be busy mining blocks, and if there is no demand for the block space, miners go bankrupt. I don't think miners can make a living out of block rewards only, they need fees, so yeah, hopefully there is enough demand for block space, that would mean there is a demand and people is willing to pay the fees to move funds, which would keep the whole thinking working and safe (no transaction demand = less miners = less hashrate = less security.. doesn't sound good). I think the qualities of Bitcoin will always be desirable by enough people out there to keep it alive so im not really worried about that.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 03:30:45 PM

There are two categories of transactions that we have to look at; on-chain and off-chain.

I am quite certain that on-chain transactions will mostly become multi million dollar transactions in the far long term, where the rest of the low value and every day transactions will happen off-chain on LN.

By number of transactions, LN will absolutely be the leader; on-chain transactions will eventually stagnate due to most of the economical activity happening on the second layer, and miners for a large part will thrive on fees from people opening and closing LN channels. The smaller the blocks remain, the more it will help miners properly cope with less overall demand for block space due to LN.

BCash keeps everything on-chain and they even plan to compete with Ethereum, lol. How fast can they 'kill' off BCash? Pretty fast if they keep following their idiotic on-chain roadmap.
bozo333

Activity: 742
Merit: 255

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 04:52:01 PM

This is digital world so we don't predict anything in future because whatever happen in after 20 years we just agree the future so we should think tomorrow possibilities it is really help for every investors. The current market is unstable so you should analyse how to protect the crypto reputation.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Gaaara

Activity: 1106
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 04:57:36 PM

Its too early to conclude something like that, for me it would take more than 20 years to have it all wide and have a massive volume transaction because the current calamity of bitcoin is people not being able to understand cryptocurrencies and not having the hardware and money to use it, for the current situation it can be hard for bitcoin to have a large volume transaction in 20 years but for me having it no volume is a complete underestimation it can grow widely even in a slow tempo.

MOCKTAIL  -  THE  FIRST  SEMI-FUNGIBLE  TOKEN  ON  BSE 
        WEBSITE        WHITEPAPER        SMART CONTRACT        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        TELEGRAM        ANN

zxrcoin

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2018, 04:58:38 PM

From my perspective i think bitcoin will become more popular because in recent time people are using this coin and earn lots of profit for this reason many people’s are also influence to invest on this market. i believe it will gradually increase.
farhiamunni

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 05:06:59 PM

That's an interesting topic. I think the volume of Bitcoin will become even larger after 20 years since people all over the world are getting to know about Bitcoin every now and then. And also, the community has been constantly growing.
rsrb

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 09:55:29 AM

Bitcoin transactions will increase, in the future, because this particular crypto currency is very much in demand. This was the first coin that entered the market and is still giving a head on competition to the rest of the 1500 coins in the market. So, the volume will increase in 20 years.
Minerall

Activity: 235
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 03:10:07 PM

After twenty years what will happen it is un predictable. Large transaction can not be made by Bitcoin in next few years. It depends on founder and organisation of Bitcoin which is running it. From a source it is known that people have to wait twenty for large transactions.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: