Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:39:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 [265] 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] Official Shareholder Discussion Thread [Moderated]  (Read 629686 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010

Ad maiora!

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 05:19:37 AM

zumzero...when that guy asks to bum a fag, believe you me, he really means it...gayer than cum on a mustache, that one.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 05:00:08 PM

zumzero...loses 10k pounds, supports the one that stole his money and comes here to post retard shit. Only in Bitcoin land.

No-one stole my money.  I invested in a high risk, high reward tech startup which did not succeed.  I did not invest more than I could afford to lose and I sleep well at night because of that.  I continue to invest in this space and am confident the future is peaches and cream all the way.

Negative.

Ken constantly lied to us. For months he made no progress whilst lying to us.

I'm in the process of starting up a startup and if it fails that is ok, on certain conditions!
One of these conditions is that we do the best for the company we start and we do the best we can with the money invested.

That means that we tell the truth even if it's ugly. If folding the company and returning x% of the money is the best option because our idea failed, then so be it.

We can pivot if we know what we are doing and our investors agree with the information we provide.
Once you lie to your investors you are a scammer.

This is the crucial difference that you're not really understanding very well.

Ken's idea failed, and instead of admitting defeat he somehow lost the rest of the money whilst doing nothing for months on end, whilst lying to us.
In fact, I recall that Ken said that we were still with eASIC for a long time when that business partnership had ended long ago.

Ken deceived us and was rarely honest.

This wasn't another startup that failed, it was a web of lies.
If you lie to your investors you become a scammer.

It's actually quite simple and I am concerned you cannot understand this basic logic.
jasonring

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 03:04:10 AM

Just wanna ask, is there any chance to get VMC refunds at this time?
Silverspoon

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 03:06:51 AM

lobbes

Activity: 240
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 05:39:45 AM

I haven't seen this talked about here:

http://www.sos.mo.gov/securities/orders/AP-14-09b.pdf

Ah, this is great. Thank you.

gogxmagog
Legendary

Ad maiora!

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 05:41:30 AM

probably not
but well worth the disabuse to hang out here and give zumzero something to chew on (besides his regular diet of yeast infection and diseased loads)
runam0k
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

Touchdown

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 10:19:25 AM

On Bitcointalk, K. Slaughter stated, among other things:
d. the “Net Estimated ROI” (i.e., return on investment) for the VMC Stock could be
“2,812% [in] 24 months
Roll Eyes
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 10:57:02 AM

On Bitcointalk, K. Slaughter stated, among other things:
d. the “Net Estimated ROI” (i.e., return on investment) for the VMC Stock could be
“2,812% [in] 24 months
Roll Eyes

Beautiful lies to fool the investors...

bitorious

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 01:52:36 PM

It is beyond staggering that after all this time I am still witness to these kinds of comments.  I am dumbfounded.  Whatever ups their post count.  Who am I to argue?

Your are right whatever ups their post count.  That crazy Ken paid out almost all of his bitcoins that the Avalon's mined and paid eASIC $900,000 to build a chip, which at a conversion rate of ~$95 would be about 10,000 bitcoins at the time, why would he do that?    That doesn't sound like a scammer to me, he should have taken off with all of the bitcoins and not paid out any of bitcoins mined after the IPO. but he continued to pay out dividends until Bitfunder shutdown.  Why would he do that is beyond me?  Don"t give me the excuse that there is no proof, eASIC would not put out a press release unless they where paid in full or the company had an excellent Dun & Bradstreet rating.  I just wonder which lies Ken told.  Can you be more specific?  I would really like to know.
zumzero

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 03:36:10 AM
Last edit: March 07, 2015, 05:30:17 AM by zumzero

Nice post DTS, I wish you all the best. Good luck pal.   Smiley

An even greater post bitotious!  Sadly I have no way of offering a true answer beyond speculation and at this stage I'm not feeling enough love to chuck ideas into to mix.  Not that ridicule might deter, more my desire to share is waning.

I know Ken better than most because I have been studying him throughout this whole process and interacting.  I have a real understanding of the man.  And guess what; it's as simple as the the day is long.  There are no surprises and there is no conspiracy.  There's only a poorly managed business which was doomed from the outset because of who was at the helm.  THAT'S where we all fucked up.  Our greed got the better of us yet sadly there are those who persist and can't seem to understand that the onus lies with themselves.  Everything else is a distraction, plain & simple.  Ask Blah, *cough*.

In terms of Ken's lies, yes he absolutely white lied.  Understand this; he surely knew he was taking an enormous gamble by 'being selective' with what info he shared with the shareholders but that was because he was certain of a positive outcome for the shareholders, ["Bitcoins will be worth $10,000 in a few months!"] which wasn't that far away from the community belief at that time.  That doesn't make the man a criminal.  Look to your local bank if you need a target.  I do believe Ken wanted to make his shareholders successful knowing that that would make him successful, sadly circumstances along the way steered the ship off course.

I just think we have all learned enormously from this experience and anyone with half a brain should capitalize on that.

https://mybitcoin.garden
Bitcoin game where you can earn up to 220% on each planted garden!
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 07:09:09 AM

Nice post DTS, I wish you all the best. Good luck pal.   Smiley

An even greater post bitotious!  Sadly I have no way of offering a true answer beyond speculation and at this stage I'm not feeling enough love to chuck ideas into to mix.  Not that ridicule might deter, more my desire to share is waning.

I know Ken better than most because I have been studying him throughout this whole process and interacting.  I have a real understanding of the man.  And guess what; it's as simple as the the day is long.  There are no surprises and there is no conspiracy.  There's only a poorly managed business which was doomed from the outset because of who was at the helm.  THAT'S where we all fucked up.  Our greed got the better of us yet sadly there are those who persist and can't seem to understand that the onus lies with themselves.  Everything else is a distraction, plain & simple.  Ask Blah, *cough*.

I terms of Ken's lies.  Yes he absolutely white lied.  Understand this; he surely knew he was taking an enormous gamble by 'being selective' with what info he shared with the shareholders but that was because he was certain of a positive outcome for the shareholders, ["Bitcoins will be worth $10,000 in a few months!"] which wasn't that far away from the community belief at that time.  I do believe he wanted to make his shareholders successful knowing that would make him successful, sadly circumstances along the way steered the ship off course.

I just think we have all learned enormously from this experience and anyone with half a brain should capitalize on that.

The amount of bullshit still coming from you is simply amazing! You state that you know Ken better than anyone because you were studying him and that you have a real understanding of him. THIS IS EITHER BULLSHIT OR YOU ARE REALLY STUPID!

How the fuck do you know Ken if you were unable to spot the scam that was obvious from 100 miles away? For me it was obvious from the moment he invented the IntelliHash shit. Even without it THERE WERE NO FUCKING PROVES! There were only words to fool people and by the looks of it you weren't fooled. You were hypnotized by Ken since you are still unable to see the actual facts. I have no idea how do people believe and send money to someone just based on words with 0 facts to back him up.

There is no poorly managed business because THERE WAS NO BUSINESS from the start! There was just a scheme to suck money from stupid investors like you.

Since you were too busy studying Ken you missed out on the opportunity to check his posts history when you made the investment. I will help you:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=209814.0 - pointed as being a potential scam right from the first post and the lack of technical info is simply absurd

Also since people from Hardware were giving him so much hard time with hard questions he moved to the Securities forum where people weren't asking so many technical details and they were more interested in the business/money facts which he managed to put them in nice words to fool everyone.

Here is more history for you. On 30 November 2013 Ken was supposed to have some chips in hand, but since he had nothing he had to use his lies again to fool the investors and he invented the IntelliHash bullshit:

ken found out right on 30 November (right on the shipping deadline) that chips are going to be late?
Maybe it slipped by me but I believe November/December is the shipping deadline you are trying to quote right? That would mean december 31st would be "Right on the shipping deadline". Please try to be accurate with your posts.

I find that hard to believe+ fact that there were no reasons supplied. BFL had the mighty "clock buffers", HashFast had "lack of substrate", but VMC has nothing. Yes i should trust this company.

Since you are looking for their excuse here it is.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=297543.msg3782916#msg3782916
Intellihash(tm)

Intellihash is our new trademark for our new Bitcoin mining software which gives up to a 20% increase in hashing speed and has the possibility to increase the speed of our mining machines as the difficulty goes up.  We have had to modify the software in our chips to make it work with our new software.  The chips are going to be late; however, our new Intellihash software could be a game changer for the company.

Don't ask me what Intellihash is, what "modify the software in our chips" means, I don't know nor do I care. I'm simply correcting you like usual.

The intellihash bullshit is simply impossible to achieve in real word. There is no magical software that can make the chips go faster as the difficulty goes up. A chip speed is limited by it's hardware design only.

I am sure that you were fooled just like Bargraphics was. He had no idea what the Intellihash is, but it sounded good enough to put more money into it. And he did! And many others.

Note that Ken was the only chip designer that had this bullshit. Nobody else has a magic software that makes chips go faster as the difficulty goes up!

It was all smoke and mirrors for the uninformed laze investors who were only dreaming to get rich.

So please stop defending yourself and Ken and get your head out of your ass and face reality. Why do you bother posting here? Go to work to recover your lost funds!

gogxmagog
Legendary

Ad maiora!

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 09:27:05 AM

He's a fucking troll. There is no other reason why he would spend so much time and energy creating these facetious arguments here.
Please stop quoting him. I'm so over it
zumzero

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 02:54:05 PM

Come on guys.  Let's have some decorum.  In a twisted **[edit now]** of fate, it now seems your contradictions are based upon the very **[edit later]** of zumzero's initial stance. Oh the irony.  

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.

Parry & Riposte.  

Troll I am not.

For Roadkill...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y15dqMEHVtk

SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 03:36:50 PM

In terms of Ken's lies, yes he absolutely white lied.  Understand this; he surely knew he was taking an enormous gamble by 'being selective' with what info he shared with the shareholders but that was because he was certain of a positive outcome for the shareholders, ["Bitcoins will be worth $10,000 in a few months!"] which wasn't that far away from the community belief at that time.  That doesn't make the man a criminal.  Look to your local bank if you need a target.  I do believe Ken wanted to make his shareholders successful knowing that that would make him successful, sadly circumstances along the way steered the ship off course.

I learned... i really hope. Though i thought first that he really only is an inept businessman. But when i take a look at the smaller actions im not so sure anymore if he really didnt break the law. I mean stupid decisions against the board of advisors is one thing. But i think to disallow the trading of the shares might be some illegal action. He took the shares hostage and everyone had to go with him. And the promises and lies? Im not sure if he really could go away unharmed if he would get sued because of wrong promises, lies and so on in order to collect shareholders money. Or to keep the shareholders in.

Unfortunately it doesnt matter. There are no coins left most probably. So sueing is useless. Maybe bring him to jail just to make a point, but i think nowadays scammers already know the risks and prepare themselfes.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 03:51:04 PM

I learned... i really hope. Though i thought first that he really only is an inept businessman. But when i take a look at the smaller actions im not so sure anymore...

At least you have proven me wrong re. Ukyo, amirite?
Thanks for that trust feedback, buddy.  I totally deserve it, taught me not to butt into legit business dealings of international financiers Smiley
zumzero

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 03:55:49 PM
Last edit: March 07, 2015, 05:09:44 PM by zumzero

I learned... i really hope. Though i thought first that he really only is an inept businessman. But when i take a look at the smaller actions im not so sure anymore if he really didnt break the law. I mean stupid decisions against the board of advisors is one thing. But i think to disallow the trading of the shares might be some illegal action. He took the shares hostage and everyone had to go with him. And the promises and lies? Im not sure if he really could go away unharmed if he would get sued because of wrong promises, lies and so on in order to collect shareholders money. Or to keep the shareholders in.

Unfortunately it doesnt matter. There are no coins left most probably. So sueing is useless. Maybe bring him to jail just to make a point, but i think nowadays scammers already know the risks and prepare themselfes.

Perhaps before your time Seb, but there was a mini scandal during the intial AMC IPO, around the price point 0.0005 - 0.0008.  Without going into details, he understood that some shareholders were getting a bum deal and attempted to ratify by offering a concession to those who ended up out of pocket or felt hard done by.  That debacle and compensation offer, which  fell below my expectations, was a sure sign of a shakey management however enforced my belief and trust in Ken who I maintain genuinely wanted to make a success of the venture but simply failed.

It's important to remember that all of this happened in the 'earlyish' days of Bitcoin.  The Wild West. Pre-reg/gov. That prick-troll 'crumbs' took the overview when it suited his agenda, however it's only fair to agree with his gist.

The reality, and in hindsight, is this could only have ever worked if Ken had stuck to the original timeline presented by the board.  His arrogance was to be his downfall.  First to market, 'an all that.

To cry scam in this instance is a cry for help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntJw-lHS6mY

Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 05:16:16 PM

Not sure how you can't be sure now.

There is no explanation for being unable to ship in hand miners besides fraud. You can delude yourself into coming up with explanations for all the other things that are obvious to people with brains who weren't trying to pump up this clown show to escape, but he had miners in hand, people paid for them, people didn't get them. That's fraud.
zumzero

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 05:45:45 PM

thats bullshit

narrowminded nonsense

If you want fraud, tell me why I'm getting emails from BFL

RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 05:58:55 AM

If you want fraud, tell me why I'm getting emails from BFL

BFL managed to get 2 custom chips done by them along with real custom miners. What did Ken have? Only Avalon and HF clones. No single custom chip. Not even a failed one. Also BFL had delays, but actually delivered their custom miners and issued some refunds. Can't say the same thing about Ken who was sending out checks that were bouncing back. C'mon. Please stop being a full retard and crawl back to your den.

NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 12:30:21 PM

...No single custom chip. Not even a failed one....
Oh yeah?  What about Secret People's Republic of ASIC, the "stealth Weast Coast ASIC" firm?  As I remember purchased by Mr. Slaughter, complete maskset and all.  That counts.
Checkmate.
Wonder what happened to that BTW, held such promise...  Bargraphics?
Pages: « 1 ... 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 [265] 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 »
  Print  

Jump to: