Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 07:14:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Wow, Alt-coins.... Game over  (Read 8249 times)
DieJohnny (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 04:11:25 AM

The last four months that I have been on this forum have been a whirlwind of trading and going insane with crypto currencies. It seems I am probably Cryptsy's biggest money generator.

It has been nuts as I have watched a seemingly endless line of crypto currency be announced, mined, dumped, pumped and redumped.

I just opened Crypto-market cap again for the 10000th time http://coinmarketcap.com/

I sorted by market cap and something really hit me. It wasn't that there are now 102 coins on the site and a few months ago there were far less. What blew me away is how pathetically worthless most of the coins on the list are. It is GAME OVER and most communities don't know it. So many of these coins of lost hope have been 10 times higher in the last four months alone. So many were "major coins" at one point and now are worth absolutely nothing and will never be worthy anything EVER.

Megacoin, oh what happened to your 50 million cap!?!?!? Quark the darling of crypto-future a shell of what you once were and dropping like a pre-mined rock. Primecoin!!! oh the great primecoin going nowhere since forever.... Feathercoin oh the humanity!!!, pumped from the cellar to a pathetic 8 million. Ripple, dear God Ripple and its pathetic, pathetic, 73k in volume!!!!!! insert me laughing for an hour, pathetic, pathetic, pathetic.

And yet each has their own straggling communities of desperate hope and lost dignity. These walking-dead communities actually still believe that they will rise to be Bitcoin or even just a small piece of Bitcoin. IT WILL NEVER HAPPPEN. You won't be Bitcoin and what is worse for you is that you won't even be Dogecoin Sad  Watching Kittehcoin try to have any community on Reddit in the face of Dogecoin's tens of thousands is worth a laugh and then a cry.

I wish there was a virtual executioner that would purge the world of these dead coins that only bring shame to their followers.

Good God Franko, Mooncoin, anoncoin, copperlark, RonPaulCoin!!!! i feel guilty just reading your names next to your tiny little market caps. I hope you all just disappear quietly into the virtual night.

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
burnum

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 04:31:34 AM

Hahahaha! I really like how you put this all together, its great!  Cheesy

Send me a message if you need me to respond to a post, or just send me some  $ADA in an amount that will get my attention = addr1qx7g7vzjtk9mcljxjy0vnewaljk33m67d227d95rsak8mmjdq5erwjygc05l6vftwdzy9qd3t4 9spl5kw5k6684gfawqw9r87w
anticlimax
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 04:52:14 AM

Little too much coffee?

twitter @antiiclimax
Peacefrog

Activity: 213

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 04:58:49 AM

I wish there was a virtual executioner that would purge the world of these dead coins that only bring shame to their followers.

Time, my friend. I'm hoping that time will weed these shitcoins out. The influx of worthless coins is changing the market. Some of these coins are going to collapse. If we're lucky they will die entirely and let some activity back into the solid ones

ShareCoin Free and Fair Distribution. Sha9sRtV5ermdZKwxZJPdT1cStK5RGWxGr
mazuma

Activity: 311
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 05:21:53 AM

STFU , you've been for 4 pathetic months, wherelse there are people around you that have been here for years mining, selling cryptos and moving with whats happening, and here comes prophet Who gives a fuck with his shitty bold prediction that it's game over. Like the other guy said probably , a little to much coffee  Cheesy
digitalindustry

Activity: 798

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 05:48:20 AM

Poor Johnny knows nothing about economics .

Oh well.

Johnny put your money where your mouth is what are you investing in tell the good people what a good investment looks like in Johnnys mind ?

* hey I'm bored ?

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 05:52:51 AM

Do not blame the coins, blame the people.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
MashRinx

Activity: 389

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 05:57:37 AM

No.  The game is just beginning.  You just need more patience.
digitalindustry

Activity: 798

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 06:02:47 AM

Quark the dead Crypto with the largest most active community and 30 second confirms that make the Gox issue, a non issue in the Wall St Journal.

http://m.us.wsj.com/articles/BL-MBB-16395

* yes bored an like to poke the noobs.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
guymichel

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 06:28:58 AM

Yes, You are right.

On many websites people are trying to sell their asic and power-cpu for the half of the price and less. Prices are decreasing each week. It is a sign.

And, more, on an other 'crypto' talk forum, someone is launching, with different names, the same coin, always a scrypt/50/500 mil/5% premined, two times a day.

Last month, a team launched a SHA-2 copy of Doge, the Continuum coin with a nice logo, a real technical team, etc.

Problem is that 'hard' miners try to sell this coin three days later and its value collapsed of course.

I computed its current value, with a diff greater than 500,000, it is 6,600 CTM for 1 - one - Doge and a BTC value of 0.00 000 000 024 for this coin, which means 3,500,000 CTM for 1 USD.

Even with billion(s) of coins, it will stay a no value coin, a zero marketcap one. Problem is that, with this diff range, an antminer makes only 8,000 coins a day which means more than one year with 24/7 running hardware/software for one USD. Go on street and look on the ground, you will find a $1 coin more easily.

People are still mining but crypto currencies are dying.

It was the same for pc-games. One of them had success 20 years ago, companies made 100+ clones and industry collapsed. Three years after, it restarts, so wait three years and do not mine or invest because here, it is not a game, it is money, and Banks and Governments have the power to kill e-currencies.

Have a nice day, I will drink another cup of coffee...  Wink
hostmaster

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 06:33:54 AM

Do not blame the coins, blame the people.
agreed
Gravity

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 06:41:27 AM

iCoin just stepped up into elite status yesterday imo.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=407866

Cryptogirl82

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 06:46:38 AM

The last four months that I have been on this forum have been a whirlwind of trading and going insane with crypto currencies. It seems I am probably Cryptsy's biggest money generator.

It has been nuts as I have watched a seemingly endless line of crypto currency be announced, mined, dumped, pumped and redumped.

I just opened Crypto-market cap again for the 10000th time http://coinmarketcap.com/

I sorted by market cap and something really hit me. It wasn't that there are now 102 coins on the site and a few months ago there were far less. What blew me away is how pathetically worthless most of the coins on the list are. It is GAME OVER and most communities don't know it. So many of these coins of lost hope have been 10 times higher in the last four months alone. So many were "major coins" at one point and now are worth absolutely nothing and will never be worthy anything EVER.

Megacoin, oh what happened to your 50 million cap!?!?!? Quark the darling of crypto-future a shell of what you once were and dropping like a pre-mined rock. Primecoin!!! oh the great primecoin going nowhere since forever.... Feathercoin oh the humanity!!!, pumped from the cellar to a pathetic 8 million. Ripple, dear God Ripple and its pathetic, pathetic, 73k in volume!!!!!! insert me laughing for an hour, pathetic, pathetic, pathetic.

And yet each has their own straggling communities of desperate hope and lost dignity. These walking-dead communities actually still believe that they will rise to be Bitcoin or even just a small piece of Bitcoin. IT WILL NEVER HAPPPEN. You won't be Bitcoin and what is worse for you is that you won't even be Dogecoin Sad  Watching Kittehcoin try to have any community on Reddit in the face of Dogecoin's tens of thousands is worth a laugh and then a cry.

Good God Franko, Mooncoin, anoncoin, copperlark, RonPaulCoin!!!! i feel guilty just reading your names next to your tiny little market caps. I hope you all just disappear quietly into the virtual night.

You are just butthurt because you did not manage to get on any Altcoin train! So stop crying around like a pussy and get a job and then invest some money into Altcoins!

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Edward50

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 07:20:02 AM

I sold out of alt-coins a while back when I saw the inevitable collapse.

Too many alt-coins that all have to share the same investor money. Too many alt-coins being made which offer nothing different than another.
The growth rates of the coins were way too high to sustain the current price when miners come in to profit from them.

I have not looked at the coins in a couple of weeks but can't believe some of the prices.

Stable coin .014 cents lol

Cryptogenic bullion .67 cents, I lost $100 bucks on this coin. This coin deserves to die anyway because you have the creator making it out to seem like it is different than all the garbage.

World Coin .14 cents. I knew this crap was going to go under for a long time. Those jerks think the name "world coin" is really going to set it off.

All these coins deserve to die. The community are made up of a bunch of greedy idiots who think their coin is worth ridiculous prices but do not want to hear anything to the contrary.

Look at me have a good laugh at the Ron Paul Coin community here.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=389070.msg5114725#msg5114725

Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
Acidyo

Activity: 588

Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 07:35:14 AM

Excellent post.

I feel like all copy-cat coins should die already.

The only ones that stand out are LTC, Doge because of it's community and easy reach to new people, vertcoin because it's new and original, Protoshares, as the other good cpu coin. The rest can just be the same coin with a different name basically. Give up already.
Acidyo

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 07:38:26 AM

Also, what's the point in making designs of actual coins for the crypto's? Isn't the whole idea of cryptos that they are going to be all digital in a future where we can use our currency with our smartphones etc?

I see many people spending way too much time in designing logos for actual coins of their coin. Ridiculous.
GreenWins

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 08:10:59 AM

Quark is no where near dead. Some of the other major coins do seriously lack community. It's amazing that they're still so high up. This is all base off of reddit user base numbers.

cubicdissection

Activity: 231

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 08:42:28 AM

Altcoins have utility and serve a good purpose; hence they will always have some value.

1. They in many cases develop new tech
2. They serve as technological testbeds...you can see what happens when a 51% attack occurs, etc without the destruction it would cause to the bitcoin network.
3. They're fun Smiley
El Dude

Activity: 770

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 09:49:21 AM

dogecoin will be part of this list of useless fail cryptos.

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
Acidyo

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 10:07:41 AM

It's funny how everyone is hating on dogecoin, did people do this on the early phases of litecoin too?

Dogecoin is amazing if you consider how many new people it has brought into cryptos. The reddit community is one of the friendliest and biggest ever. They are going to surpass r/bitcoin in a couple of months easily.

I'm just gonna lay back and laugh at the haters once dogecoin surpasses litecoin in market value.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: