Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:57:38 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Wow, Alt-coins.... Game over  (Read 8252 times)
Calhil

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 03:07:31 PM

That won't happen the fundamentals are flawed for Dogecoin to be taken as a seriously competitor to Litecoin.

its a clonecoin and the creator even admits it .
Litecoin is just a clone of Tenebrix  Roll Eyes

BLC & SKC node: addnode=192.3.171.213
BLC: BcaLHiLk74XXSZdebHQY8b3CaoEBLaPtoV
Ethapus

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 03:11:12 PM

Cryptogenic bullion .67 cents, I lost $100 bucks on this coin. This coin deserves to die anyway because you have the creator making it out to seem like it is different than all the garbage.

Seems to me that you are mad that you bought at the wrong point in time and didn't have the nerves or patience to hold until buy-in price is reached again. I don't know how many times I lost $100 through a coin going down, such is life. Cgb is far from dead and will rise again. Not many coins out there are so mature and have such low inflation and maintenance cost. Now would be a good time to buy back in, you will not regret it  Cheesy

Yeah I like CGB, I would mine that before doge. Got me some CGB sitting in a wallet just maturing... what does doge have? Yeah nothing more than what I can get with 50 other coins minus all the dickheadedness from the community.

Doge has a large and rather positive community, as well as the ability to recruit new users that else would not bother with crypto. That is an immense strength which, at least for a while, completely overrides the fact that the actual coin behind it is, well, nothing special at all, and still in it's heavily inflationary infancy like most cryptos.

Heck, combine DOGE and CGB and we would have an awesome killer-coin rocketing to the moon and beyond Grin
Pitchblackroom

Activity: 313
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 03:11:24 PM

Cryptogenic bullion .67 cents, I lost $100 bucks on this coin. This coin deserves to die anyway because you have the creator making it out to seem like it is different than all the garbage.

Seems to me that you are mad that you bought at the wrong point in time and didn't have the nerves or patience to hold until buy-in price is reached again. I don't know how many times I lost $100 through a coin going down, such is life. Cgb is far from dead and will rise again. Not many coins out there are so mature and have such low inflation and maintenance cost. Now would be a good time to buy back in, you will not regret it  Cheesy

Yeah I like CGB, I would mine that before doge. Got me some CGB sitting in a wallet just maturing... what does doge have? Yeah nothing more than what I can get with 50 other coins minus all the dickheadedness from the community.

I would agree that CGB isn't dead, I'm pretty sure its price is getting directly influenced from Bitcoin which has been doing poorly lately.

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
DieJohnny (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 03:12:05 PM

What does a mature crypto coin look like? Does an offline paper wallet help my coins mature faster than the one on my PC or mobile phone?

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
WompRat

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 03:20:24 PM

That won't happen the fundamentals are flawed for Dogecoin to be taken as a seriously competitor to Litecoin.

its a clonecoin and the creator even admits it .
Litecoin is just a clone of Tenebrix  Roll Eyes

Although Tenebrix was the first Scrypt coin Litecoin was much more than a clone.  Litecoin borrowed the best features from lots of coins to try and create something unique.  I think they did that very well.

Dogecoin is actually a clone of Foocoin.  The creators used a howto guide on the web to create a clone. They are fairly honest about all this.  The life of the coin is supposed to mirror the life of the Gangnam meme which was about 12 months.  They just never expected it to become so popular.

http://www.csimpson.com.au/freelance/dogecoin/
Ethapus

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 03:22:56 PM

What does a mature crypto coin look like? Does an offline paper wallet help my coins mature faster than the one on my PC or mobile phone?

Seems like you may have misunderstood, I meant mature as a currency while Edward50 was talking about the maturing of held coins, generating POS interest.
I define a mature crypto currency as one that has been established in the market for some time, as well as being past the heavily inflationary mining stage and at a point where inflation and maintenance cost (value of coins mined daily) are minimal, thus preserving value even long-term.

Edit: Of course preservation of (and rise in) value will always be at the mercy of supply and demand, however, inflation by mining can be thought of as a constant current additionally trying to pull the price down. And we want to avoid that, don't we? Cheesy
DieJohnny (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 03:25:11 PM

Seems like you may have misunderstood, I meant mature as a currency while Edward50 was talking about the maturing of held coins, generating POS interest.
I define a mature crypto currency as one that has been established in the market for some time, as well as being past the heavily inflationary mining stage and at a point where inflation and maintenance cost (value of coins mined daily) are minimal, thus preserving value even long-term.

Attempt at humor wasted....

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 03:30:23 PM

It's funny how everyone is hating on dogecoin, did people do this on the early phases of litecoin too?

Dogecoin is amazing if you consider how many new people it has brought into cryptos. The reddit community is one of the friendliest and biggest ever. They are going to surpass r/bitcoin in a couple of months easily.

I'm just gonna lay back and laugh at the haters once dogecoin surpasses litecoin in market value.

uhhhhhh Litecoin was the first scrypt based coin.. none other existed to hate on.
In contrast i posted July 13th 2013 in this forum a joke coin i never actually made called BunnyCoin = https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=258208.msg2753177
What is funny is the description i used 8 months back is the same as what Doge coin is !
and the fact that it was such a common on goin *aggravating issue a year ago should tell ya something.. if not people are brain dead blind delusional Doge Tards..

and OP your on the money i think.. i agree !

these other guys (or girls) mouthing you off are spreading the usual crap.. ohhh your just jealous or your so mad lol
ya ya heard them all before.. changes nothing.
Your crappy shit scam coin clone is still a crappy shitty little scam coin clone.

Don't like the complaints ? Then quit making them and quit supporting them and quit begging for pools and quit asking for them to be added to exchanges.

Closest thing i think that match's what you asked for would be BCX maybe ? he has taken some coins to their knee's lol

But what we need to do is hunt down the coin cloners and beat their ass.. that might help  Grin
I hope to god all fanboys of Doge coin etc lose all their money.. they deserve it.

and my fav is hey don't take it too seriously after all it's just money.. and the threat of jail time etc etc LOLOL
tell that to the guys arrested by the FBI from LocalBitcoins in Florida last week or the many people who have lost vast amounts of money.
Every time some coin cloner said that to me before as his excuse why he made a shit coin i wanted to punch him the fucking face hahaha
You and the OP aren't making profit on alts, of course you will agree.

Do you honestly believe most even care if the coin they are mining or trading is a pre-mined, cloned "dead" shitcoin, as long as they can profit from it? As long as they do, of course you will get lots of "fanboys"

That said, claiming that a coin is bad just because one can't profitably trade or mine it, is pathetic and to be disregarded. Primecoin for example was the first with "useful" Proof of Work

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
Ethapus

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 03:30:42 PM

Attempt at humor wasted....

I am sorry for your loss.
pr9me

Activity: 369

Cryptsy.com • Got Shitcoins?

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 03:34:27 PM

@DieJohnny You haven't been around very long have you?
lalakies23

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 03:57:35 PM

Nothing will be Betacoin....
DieJohnny (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 04:13:50 PM

@DieJohnny You haven't been around very long have you?

I am a wise sage from another dimension and have the power of foresight gifted to me by time endless when compared to the satoshi moment of your earth life

andylu

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 04:15:48 PM

Very good work
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 04:24:20 PM

Poor Johnny knows nothing about economics .

Oh well.

Johnny put your money where your mouth is what are you investing in tell the good people what a good investment looks like in Johnnys mind ?

* hey I'm bored ?

His name is not Johnny - he want Johnny to be dead Smiley
DieJohnny (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 04:31:53 PM

Poor Johnny knows nothing about economics .

Oh well.

Johnny put your money where your mouth is what are you investing in tell the good people what a good investment looks like in Johnnys mind ?

* hey I'm bored ?

A good investment has these qualities:

1. Makes you feel warm and fuzzy as you think about your asset sitting wherever you have placed it for protection
2. Is something that you worked extremely hard to obtain
3. Will have value to you that is guaranteed to increase every minute of every day
4. Gives back to you 100 times more than you ever put into it

Yes, it is so clear to me now, my wife and my kids are the best investment..... Wink

yaboymarvo

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 04:35:26 PM

It's funny how everyone is hating on dogecoin, did people do this on the early phases of litecoin too?

Dogecoin is amazing if you consider how many new people it has brought into cryptos. The reddit community is one of the friendliest and biggest ever. They are going to surpass r/bitcoin in a couple of months easily.

I'm just gonna lay back and laugh at the haters once dogecoin surpasses litecoin in market value.

uhhhhhh Litecoin was the first scrypt based coin.. none other existed to hate on.
In contrast i posted July 13th 2013 in this forum a joke coin i never actually made called BunnyCoin = https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=258208.msg2753177
What is funny is the description i used 8 months back is the same as what Doge coin is !
and the fact that it was such a common on goin *aggravating issue a year ago should tell ya something.. if not people are brain dead blind delusional Doge Tards..

and OP your on the money i think.. i agree !

these other guys (or girls) mouthing you off are spreading the usual crap.. ohhh your just jealous or your so mad lol
ya ya heard them all before.. changes nothing.
Your crappy shit scam coin clone is still a crappy shitty little scam coin clone.

Don't like the complaints ? Then quit making them and quit supporting them and quit begging for pools and quit asking for them to be added to exchanges.

Closest thing i think that match's what you asked for would be BCX maybe ? he has taken some coins to their knee's lol

But what we need to do is hunt down the coin cloners and beat their ass.. that might help  Grin
I hope to god all fanboys of Doge coin etc lose all their money.. they deserve it.

and my fav is hey don't take it too seriously after all it's just money.. and the threat of jail time etc etc LOLOL
tell that to the guys arrested by the FBI from LocalBitcoins in Florida last week or the many people who have lost vast amounts of money.
Every time some coin cloner said that to me before as his excuse why he made a shit coin i wanted to punch him the fucking face hahaha
*butthurt intensifies*
StewartJ

Activity: 392

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 04:43:34 PM
Last edit: February 13, 2014, 07:58:13 PM by StewartJ

Its been Game Over for quite a while with all the premined scamming clone coins.

But as long as there are Noobs buying off the scamming Devs, Miners and Exchanges, expect more of the same as we hit Alt Coin # 300+.

From an  investment standpoint, I have to admit I do not mind seeing the premined pump-and-dump Worldcoins Quarkcoins, Megacoins,
Earthcoins, Kittehcoins etc, totally pollute and hijack that Crypto Market Cap List.

For ultimately, these worthless crap coins make the original Alts like Litecoins and Peercoins stand out as THE legitimate and serious
and innovative cryptos, after Bitcoin.

So to all you brainless Devs who bring absolutely no innovation to a premined/instamined coin, and to all those pre-teen Miners living in Moms
basement and to all the Crappy 3rd-tier exchanges happily adding HerpesCoin... I happily say to you all "Keep up the Good Work!!!"
HidariMigi

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 04:44:00 PM

Altcoins are effectively the 'marketplace of ideas' where new concepts and challenges of launching, sustaining and managing a cryptocurrency are being experimented with. In the early phases, there were very few ideas about how a Bitcoin-alike should function -- now you have many different variants, with hopefully more to come that provide true differentiation.

Are there too many 'junk coins'? Sure, because so many are nothing more than 'another coin with a different name' or a venal attempt to cash in on the crypto-craze with a quickie pump-and-dump. But many of them bring innovation and test different theories of virtual currency economics. Look at the success of DOGE as an example -- it started effectively as a 'joke' but is continuing as a 'serious' crypto. Directly copying that, however, as CAT and KITTEH have attempted to do isn't going repeat DOGE's charm or success (sorry cat-fanciers!)  because the community supporting it sprung up organically via Reddit and supported the coin without a concerted effort to do so. But analysing why it has succeeded thus far is a good way to consider how to launch other cryptos, or how to improve current ones.

Or consider HunterCoin, another interesting 'proof of concept' which brings something entirely new to the table -- a coin with a built-in game and economic engine.

the tl;dr: some altcoins may be bad; but many are useful, even if not successful.
Skirmant

Activity: 112

Such is life in crypto paradise

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 04:52:14 PM

This is a great post, thanks!  I agree that most alt coins will wind up in the dustbin of history.  It is too bad there is no way to just shut them down.  Maybe if coinmarket cap will limit the number of coins it lists to 100 or something that will be a de facto sign of demise.

I Agree. coinmarketcap.com should only list coins that have a marketcap over 1 million, or top 100 coins with biggest marketcaps. That way the list would be a lot less bloated.
Skinnkavaj

Activity: 469

English Motherfucker do you speak it ?

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 05:08:44 PM

Yes

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: