Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 05:34:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Wow, Alt-coins.... Game over  (Read 8258 times)
achillez

Activity: 874
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 05:30:01 PM

The last four months that I have been on this forum have been a whirlwind of trading and going insane with crypto currencies. It seems I am probably Cryptsy's biggest money generator.

It has been nuts as I have watched a seemingly endless line of crypto currency be announced, mined, dumped, pumped and redumped.

I just opened Crypto-market cap again for the 10000th time http://coinmarketcap.com/

I sorted by market cap and something really hit me. It wasn't that there are now 102 coins on the site and a few months ago there were far less. What blew me away is how pathetically worthless most of the coins on the list are. It is GAME OVER and most communities don't know it. So many of these coins of lost hope have been 10 times higher in the last four months alone. So many were "major coins" at one point and now are worth absolutely nothing and will never be worthy anything EVER.

Megacoin, oh what happened to your 50 million cap!?!?!? Quark the darling of crypto-future a shell of what you once were and dropping like a pre-mined rock. Primecoin!!! oh the great primecoin going nowhere since forever.... Feathercoin oh the humanity!!!, pumped from the cellar to a pathetic 8 million. Ripple, dear God Ripple and its pathetic, pathetic, 73k in volume!!!!!! insert me laughing for an hour, pathetic, pathetic, pathetic.

And yet each has their own straggling communities of desperate hope and lost dignity. These walking-dead communities actually still believe that they will rise to be Bitcoin or even just a small piece of Bitcoin. IT WILL NEVER HAPPPEN. You won't be Bitcoin and what is worse for you is that you won't even be Dogecoin Sad  Watching Kittehcoin try to have any community on Reddit in the face of Dogecoin's tens of thousands is worth a laugh and then a cry.

I wish there was a virtual executioner that would purge the world of these dead coins that only bring shame to their followers.

Good God Franko, Mooncoin, anoncoin, copperlark, RonPaulCoin!!!! i feel guilty just reading your names next to your tiny little market caps. I hope you all just disappear quietly into the virtual night.

good you mentioned dogecoin - biggest crapcoin there ever was
dead_bit

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

All hope has died

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 06:50:04 PM

The last four months that I have been on this forum have been a whirlwind of trading and going insane with crypto currencies. It seems I am probably Cryptsy's biggest money generator.

It has been nuts as I have watched a seemingly endless line of crypto currency be announced, mined, dumped, pumped and redumped.

I just opened Crypto-market cap again for the 10000th time http://coinmarketcap.com/

I sorted by market cap and something really hit me. It wasn't that there are now 102 coins on the site and a few months ago there were far less. What blew me away is how pathetically worthless most of the coins on the list are. It is GAME OVER and most communities don't know it. So many of these coins of lost hope have been 10 times higher in the last four months alone. So many were "major coins" at one point and now are worth absolutely nothing and will never be worthy anything EVER.

Megacoin, oh what happened to your 50 million cap!?!?!? Quark the darling of crypto-future a shell of what you once were and dropping like a pre-mined rock. Primecoin!!! oh the great primecoin going nowhere since forever.... Feathercoin oh the humanity!!!, pumped from the cellar to a pathetic 8 million. Ripple, dear God Ripple and its pathetic, pathetic, 73k in volume!!!!!! insert me laughing for an hour, pathetic, pathetic, pathetic.

And yet each has their own straggling communities of desperate hope and lost dignity. These walking-dead communities actually still believe that they will rise to be Bitcoin or even just a small piece of Bitcoin. IT WILL NEVER HAPPPEN. You won't be Bitcoin and what is worse for you is that you won't even be Dogecoin Sad  Watching Kittehcoin try to have any community on Reddit in the face of Dogecoin's tens of thousands is worth a laugh and then a cry.

I wish there was a virtual executioner that would purge the world of these dead coins that only bring shame to their followers.

Good God Franko, Mooncoin, anoncoin, copperlark, RonPaulCoin!!!! i feel guilty just reading your names next to your tiny little market caps. I hope you all just disappear quietly into the virtual night.

It's unfortunate that when people call out warnings the majority are out to shout them down. I mean didn't we see a similar reaction when people said the U.S. economy was about to fall of the cliff? Aren't we seeing that now with the world economy? Most refuse to see the writing on the walls until their faces are being slammed into that wall repeatedly.

DVC:15ejdqahc5n37GNc3a3zuZS3rmw9udMmM4
CoinBuzz

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 09:42:18 PM

You are almost right. There is a but..

But,

No one has the right to decide who should die and who should live except the people. We cant be sure about what's really good for community and what's bad before the community test it.

I want to refer you to historical ages where women had no right to study or vote or even come out of house. In that age, all the people thought that if women has right to do those things, that would be sooo bad for social and community and even their families.

I DONT WANT TO justify these shitcoins, what i say is that please put aside your altcoin executioner, and let's see what will happen. For example, what if dogecoin change it's name/logo to something official and serious ?

All those altcoins will die, if whole people decide on that eventually.

Join ASAP: FREE BITCOIN
DieJohnny (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 09:50:30 PM

You are almost right. There is a but..

But,

No one has the right to decide who should die and who should live except the people. We cant be sure about what's really good for community and what's bad before the community test it.

I want to refer you to historical ages where women had no right to study or vote or even come out of house. In that age, all the people thought that if women has right to do those things, that would be sooo bad for social and community and even their families.

I DONT WANT TO justify these shitcoins, what i say is that please put aside your altcoin executioner, and let's see what will happen. For example, what if dogecoin change it's name/logo to something official and serious ?

All those altcoins will die, if whole people decide on that eventually.

I never used the term shitcoin and I actually tried to be respectful. The executioner idea is more about being painless and helping people say farewell to their failed attachment to dead coins. Each time a coin is pumped and dumped a family is losing their savings, that is how i feel about it.

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
yaboymarvo

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 09:53:25 PM

good you mentioned dogecoin - biggest crapcoin there ever was
yeah it will never be worth anything.....oh wait....
galbros
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 09:55:40 PM

I never used the term shitcoin and I actually tried to be respectful. The executioner idea is more about being painless and helping people say farewell to their failed attachment to dead coins. Each time a coin is pumped and dumped a family is losing their savings, that is how i feel about it.

This is a key point and a problem with open source peer to peer cryptos, there is no one to pull the plug...
daemonfox

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 10:39:39 PM

Where is the line drawn then? Active developer, promoter, community members and places to spend a coin aren't enough? Should it also require an exchange be based using a currency in order to be legitimate? Committees, meetings and promotions planned and executed?

I would balk at only one point in your post... how did Franko get to be on your shortlist?

H

¦¦¦                 
            ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦           ¦           
     ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦                     ¦¦   
    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦        ¦¦¦¦ 
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦  
   ¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦              ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦ 
    ¦¦¦¦¦       ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
     ¦¦                      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
              ¦           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦          

R I Z E N
....ZEN Nodes.... ....Horizen Academy.... ....Help Desk    ....Faucet   
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
DieJohnny (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 10:56:57 PM

Where is the line drawn then? Active developer, promoter, community members and places to spend a coin aren't enough? Should it also require an exchange be based using a currency in order to be legitimate? Committees, meetings and promotions planned and executed?

I would balk at only one point in your post... how did Franko get to be on your shortlist?

Franko is sadly one of those coins that would feel like putting down a lame horse that really gave it his all. From everything I have read it has been a pretty honest coin with a community of good crypto folks. But man a market cap of under 200k? Just aint gonna happen EVER and is taking up the time and passions of hundreds of devoted followers. Needs a bullet in the virtual head to spare the remaining few their drawn out death of a thousand orphaned blocks.

It doesn't really matter where you draw the line, just publish what the requirements are and if a coin drops below the line, pull the trigger and don't look back.

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 11:11:41 PM

I feel like all copy-cat coins should die already.
good point:  OP missed catcoin.

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
daemonfox

Activity: 630

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 11:12:57 PM

Franko is sadly one of those coins that would feel like putting down a lame horse that really gave it his all. From everything I have read it has been a pretty honest coin with a community of good crypto folks. But man a market cap of under 200k? Just aint gonna happen EVER and is taking up the time and passions of hundreds of devoted followers. Needs a bullet in the virtual head to spare the remaining few their drawn out death of a thousand orphaned blocks.

It doesn't really matter where you draw the line, just publish what the requirements are and if a coin drops below the line, pull the trigger and don't look back.

Except the orphan issue is dead... Gravity Well has been implemented... and new life is showing in Franko... no more big miners waiting to rape it, and no more dumpers... value has doubled since the change hit and several exchanges have taken notice and added the coin. While it may look like Franko is on that line, upon closer inspection you might see the dark horse that has done all the right things quietly, ready to make a mainstream push for broad adoption.

http://www.frankos.org/ take a look. I would say now, more than ever, Franko is fortifying itself for the future versus the rest of these failing coins.

H

¦¦¦                 
            ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦           ¦           
     ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦                     ¦¦   
    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦        ¦¦¦¦ 
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦  
   ¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦              ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦ 
    ¦¦¦¦¦       ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
     ¦¦                      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
              ¦           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦          

R I Z E N
....ZEN Nodes.... ....Horizen Academy.... ....Help Desk    ....Faucet   
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 11:16:39 PM

That won't happen the fundamentals are flawed for Dogecoin to be taken as a seriously competitor to Litecoin.

its a clonecoin and the creator even admits it .
Litecoin is just a clone of Tenebrix  Roll Eyes

you expect these reddiots to know what that is ? lol

also have supported Franko for ages.. i like that one for many reasons

FUD first & ask questions later™
epicradness

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 11:22:28 PM

Probably the greatest post ever. Straight from the heart.  Wink
SpiryGolden

Activity: 812

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 11:23:18 PM

The fact that has a tiny market cap and a high value demonstrate the stability . Do a little math my friend and you can see the practicing in Bitcoin market at this hour .  Large market caps can be very unstable specially in case of Dogecoin with unlimited supply and a lot of money cap for maintaining that price .

Franko = Freedom !  Grin
kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 11:39:36 PM

good posts.

people don't seem to realise when the a coin goes up, the value has to come from somewhere.  similarly, if someone makes a killing off speculation, the money is coming out of another person's pockets.  whatever's being pumped at the moment are easy to spot on coinwarz.  these rallies are nothing but crass manipulation.

few coins are worth what they're actually trading at.  there are no uses for 99% of these coins. 

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
DieJohnny (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 01:50:36 AM

Except the orphan issue is dead... Gravity Well has been implemented... and new life is showing in Franko... no more big miners waiting to rape it, and no more dumpers... value has doubled since the change hit and several exchanges have taken notice and added the coin. While it may look like Franko is on that line, upon closer inspection you might see the dark horse that has done all the right things quietly, ready to make a mainstream push for broad adoption.

http://www.frankos.org/ take a look. I would say now, more than ever, Franko is fortifying itself for the future versus the rest of these failing coins.

May the hallowed crypto executioner spare you and all freedom fighters! Long live cold storage!

jubalix
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1022

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2014, 03:25:24 AM

op can not into class coin.

PeerCoin, getting stinger all the time.

Admitted Practicing Lawyer::BTC/Crypto Specialist. B.Engineering/B.Laws

https://www.binance.com/?ref=10062065
cdtc

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 04:07:57 AM

Good post.

BetFury                                                     
🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹
                                                    Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                   
DieJohnny (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 10:28:19 AM

op can not into class coin.

PeerCoin, getting stinger all the time.

no intiendo

bitmadaboutcoin

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 10:57:18 AM

http://coinmarketcap.com/ >>>> Nxt coin.. the ONLY coin in the top 16 that is gaining and not falling! coin of the future!
El Dude

Activity: 770

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 11:10:52 AM

That won't happen the fundamentals are flawed for Dogecoin to be taken as a seriously competitor to Litecoin.

its a clonecoin and the creator even admits it .
Litecoin is just a clone of Tenebrix  Roll Eyes

no it's not Tenebrix is based on multicoin's code , Litecoin is based on bitcoin's code .

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: