Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:41:52 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Wow, Alt-coins.... Game over  (Read 8252 times)
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 05:50:36 AM

It's funny how everyone is hating on dogecoin, did people do this on the early phases of litecoin too?

Dogecoin is amazing if you consider how many new people it has brought into cryptos. The reddit community is one of the friendliest and biggest ever. They are going to surpass r/bitcoin in a couple of months easily.

I'm just gonna lay back and laugh at the haters once dogecoin surpasses litecoin in market value.

It will be interesting to see if Doggy is still a hot topic in ~3 months. For now it sure has a big buzz.

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 07:09:21 AM

It's funny how everyone is hating on dogecoin, did people do this on the early phases of litecoin too?

Dogecoin is amazing if you consider how many new people it has brought into cryptos. The reddit community is one of the friendliest and biggest ever. They are going to surpass r/bitcoin in a couple of months easily.

I'm just gonna lay back and laugh at the haters once dogecoin surpasses litecoin in market value.

It will be interesting to see if Doggy is still a hot topic in ~3 months. For now it sure has a big buzz.

no i think the people talking about it are buzzed.. high and drunk off of greedy profits lol

who thinks a meme will stay popular forever ? ..hands
only a god damn ultra tard that's who..
aka: Doge Tardlets

FUD first & ask questions later™
mazuma

Activity: 311
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 07:16:11 AM

No if anything your the retard who fails the grasp that doge will evolve from beyond just a "meme" coin, which it has already begun doing which i wont bother telling you. Now if it succeeds that i dont know.
GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 07:20:07 AM

Even though i mine, personally i think Miner greed is greatly responsible for the demise of Altcoins and investors have been the losers, alot of developers have also lost money when they saw the value of their coin go down which resulted in them abandoning their coins.

The thing is Miners are now running out of investors who are willing to buy coins, because every coin that gains some value gets mega-dumped by large miners and multipools, investors are tired of being bag holders. IMO Altcoins in the past 2 months created the greatest transfer of wealth from non-miners to miners. Investors are also looking at short-term trading (buy low new coin and sell quickly without holding), you don't hear about many 'holders' anymore since everyone kind of knows that miners will dump an altcoin to oblivion.

I"m not saying Altcoins are dead, but i think we're entering a new phase soon where only innovative coins built from scratch will have a chance of gaining some real value. The whole Mine+dump= free money concept will also end.

Also i think POS has more future than POW.

Mordillo

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 07:28:58 AM

Even though i mine, personally i think Miner greed is greatly responsible for the demise of Altcoins and investors have been the losers, alot of developers have also lost money when they saw the value of their coin go down which resulted in them abandoning their coins.

The thing is Miners are now running out of investors who are willing to buy coins, because every coin that gains some value gets mega-dumped by large miners and multipools, investors are tired of being bag holders. IMO Altcoins in the past 2 months created the greatest transfer of wealth from non-miners to miners. Investors are also looking at short-term trading (buy low new coin and sell quickly without holding), you don't hear about many 'holders' anymore since everyone kind of knows that miners will dump an altcoin to oblivion.

I"m not saying Altcoins are dead, but i think we're entering a new phase soon where only innovative coins built from scratch will have a chance of gaining some real value. The whole Mine+dump= free money concept will also end.

+1

In the near future traders will not pay the bill for the miners anymore.

All you need to do is look at the charts. Nearly every coin is losing worth after a while.

95% from the coins deserve it to die and never come back.

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 11:32:35 PM

The smart ones made BTCs of  the boom. There will be more, so get ready.
They are only good for quick $.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
jacquette

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 01:05:01 AM

And yet each has their own straggling communities of desperate hope and lost dignity. These walking-dead communities actually still believe that they will rise to be Bitcoin or even just a small piece of Bitcoin. IT WILL NEVER HAPPPEN. You won't be Bitcoin.

oh we'll see about that.. Don't underestimate USDe...

USDe @ reddit Click Here

Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 01:47:00 AM

Fair point, but then the success of a PoW coin is not measured on how many satoshis it is worth, but rather if it keeps a sustainable hash-rate for transaction processing. If nobody uses a coin to buy stuff or to transfer money around the world, there's no need for mining.

Additionally, any crypto-currency is successful if it is useful, not how profitable it is for miners or "investors". I don't see them as an alternative to hedge funds or stock market, I see them as alternatives to Visa, Paypal and fiat.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 09:38:00 PM

That is just your opinion.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
HidariMigi

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 09:53:48 PM

no i think the people talking about it are buzzed.. high and drunk off of greedy profits lol

who thinks a meme will stay popular forever ? ..hands
only a god damn ultra tard that's who..
aka: Doge Tardlets

It sounds like you have more of an emotional, gut-level response to DOGE, than one built on analysis or practicality. If DOGE were separated from its meme 'image' would you like it more?

Now there's a new attempt to cash-in on the Doge craze, with FlappyCoin (a pure clone) -- plus the previous "Kitteh" and other 'cutesie' alts.

Altcoins such as these are effectively a social game; an attempt to generate interest in a shiny new idea and influence for a short time, which could be banked into other currencies. Yes, they're primarily for fun, not for viable economic use. The principal harm they could cause is to those like you, who might be angered/turned off by such a (mis)use of crypto currency. The upside, though, is they bring more people to hearing about coins, and possibly learning about BTC.
theironman

Activity: 288
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 10:02:22 PM

This is pretty similar as with stocks. There is sooooooo many of them. Some good, some bad, most crap.
NEVER fall in love any of them either.

What is actually super fun... is to buy gold. Real gold. You can hug it when you go to sleep and it never deserts you.
HidariMigi

Activity: 15

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 10:40:01 PM

This is pretty similar as with stocks. There is sooooooo many of them. Some good, some bad, most crap.
NEVER fall in love any of them either.
Although, I suspect you might be trolling, I'll bite:

It's tempting to compare buying stocks with cryptos; but it doesn't really hold - when you buy a stock (at least one listed on a regulated exchange, and not the pink sheets) you're buying a share of an established company with a documented financial history and (one would hope) plan for profitability. Crypto currency isn't really a share of anything; it's an unregulated medium of exchange, which one hopes will accrue in value based on the perception of its utility and trustworthiness.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 10:43:12 PM

Most coins should die.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
DieJohnny (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 10:47:41 PM

Most coins should die.

sadly technology is very hard to truly kill off, without a virtual executioner coins will linger on for generations to come back from the dead time and time again to steal the savings of the desperate multi-level marketing drop out.

resurrect this thread in five years and half these coins will still have a following of people clinging to lost hope. very sad indeed.

On the flip side I do think there will almost always be major coins, just like there are major credit cards. I just don't believe that there will be only one.

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 12:22:49 AM
Last edit: February 21, 2014, 01:07:38 AM by r0ach

Original poster typed a wall of crap when he could have just summarized it briefly:

The only PoW coins to survive will be BTC, LTC, Dogecoin, and a few others that offer some level of innovation, utility, economic model, or ASIC prevention like Darkcoin, VTC, etc.  All those clone coins like Smartcoin, Digibyte, etc will be worth 0.  

Several proof of stake coins will survive, because a "virtual decentralized bank" is a highly underestimated concept.  I wouldn't even be surprised if PPC died due to the name alone, and some current underdogs surpass it.  As for coin's economic models, I believe Cashcoin might have one of the best economic models released so far.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 12:34:22 AM

and a few others that offer some level of innovation

though I do agree with much of what you say on this forum, innovation is the most overrated feature on any coin. Joe Public doesn't relate at all to most of the 'innovation' that gets this very niche crowd interested.

Give me a marketable clone of btc/ltc anyday over an overrated, over complex 'innovative' new coin.

strate

Activity: 26

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 12:48:49 AM

wolong.... Game over
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 01:13:56 AM

Most people also seem to forget that whales make the market.  Where do whales make the most profit once crypto stabilizes and becomes somewhat flat?  Proof of stake.  PPC has a bad name and horrible interest rate.  Whatever stake coins that survive, besides PPC, should go up a lot in value, assuming the security and functionality of PoS meets or passes BTC in the future.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
AtlantisPlatform

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 01:19:22 AM

It is pretty much game over, all coins are so low in price it is almost not worth mining them. Very low profit, feel sorry for anyone who owes money on new equipment, it will be hard to make back roi now.
magaman

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 01:20:26 AM

The problem is the general population will never accept and never understand the majority of these alt-coins, and if there aren't people supporting them they are worth nothing. Coin devs should really start working together on the top alt-coins and make them better instead of releasing new non-sense each and every day. Also exchanges like Cryptsy shouldn't give all these fly by night coins the time of day, there is no reason there should be that many coins on any exchange, not yet at least.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: