Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 06:45:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I lose my coins by choosing wrong wallet?  (Read 3214 times)
hohuan101

Activity: 340
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 01:07:33 PM

Hi everyone, I found a service announcement of new wallet platform few days ago in our forum.
Their introduction and vision stated in the post seems to be great and it also attracts me a lot.
However, I still wonder whether I can trust that new wallet.
Can I lose my coins by choosing wrong wallet or they can never stole any coin because they just provide wallet service only?

Please help me if you have experience in this field. Thank you.
This is the link to the wallet that I mentioned: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4582763.msg41338130#msg41338130

I think you should not. You have to be careful with things like this. Because they can scam you, use it after it becomes popular and trusted. If it's scam you will not be able to complain!
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 01:31:22 PM

Yes there are a lot of phishing wallets out there, make sure of the wallet you want to use. We cant afford to lose hard earned money here.

Yups better to use local wallets that supported ba government,or by the securities and exchange commission

From this we can feel the safeties of our money,but in some point those popular wallets is advisable but the fees and the policies are not the same as what local wallets offered
vertinfos

Activity: 518

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 01:33:21 PM

Of course you can, now you need to properly use security methods to not lose money, especially if you will use mew very much hack my friends
kyra0018

Activity: 158
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 01:36:11 PM

Yes of course! You can lose your coins if you chose the wrong wallet because it is prone in scamming and hacking. Everyone can do their best to hack a wallet if the wallet's security is too poor. So better choose the safest and correct wallet to store your coins.
Vit83

Activity: 644
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2018, 02:31:55 PM

Even for well-known wallets, it may be created web site with similar name:( Fishing sites on famous exchanges was in top of the google search for the short period of time... I almost lost my crypto) After that it was a war with the poloniex support to unblock my acc)

hesham51

Activity: 504
Merit: 16

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 02:50:16 PM

I think the most secured wallet is the hardware wallet, and the next one is the paper wallet otherwise you may be subject to hacking.
genset88

Activity: 349

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 02:59:41 PM

Hi everyone, I found a service announcement of new wallet platform few days ago in our forum.
Their introduction and vision stated in the post seems to be great and it also attracts me a lot.
Can I lose my coins by choosing wrong wallet or they can never stole any coin because they just provide wallet service only?

This is the link to the wallet that I mentioned: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4582763.msg41338130#msg41338130

Yes, they can. No one knows how their wallets work, so you have to be careful. If they want to prove they do not interfere with the user's property, they have to show us open source (Github, ...). But I can't find it on websites or Google.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
laodah

Activity: 189

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 03:16:30 PM

As long as the private key does not leak, you should not lose token! But I still don't recommend you to attempt any of new wallet, because new wallet is not necessarily better than old one, such as performance, stability, features, and user experience,etc.  why gamble?
Yudhisthir

Activity: 1055
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 03:21:53 PM

I did it several times. Sometimes trusting an unknow web wallet and mostly by missing my private keys or wallet seed words.
I now prefer to keep my coins mostly on exchanges and dedicated wallets whose private keys I control, my private keys are manually distorted, ciphered, written in a notepad and changed the format to that of a video and uploaded in some safe places. Well I exposed it.

KSHMR

Activity: 259

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2018, 03:35:15 PM

Yes if you're not carefully reading the instructions. There are many reasons why many tokens are being steal because they loss or give their private keys to others.
Msile

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 05:35:50 PM

Obviously you can lose your coins for trusting a new wallet which doesn't have any previous track record. There could be a hundred problems with the wallet and you wouldn't know. Also the wallet would most likely still be in the beta phase. That's why I would try to avoid new wallets.
ardodd

Activity: 132

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 10:22:21 AM

You can lose your money only if you don't know what are you doing. Even the wallet was chosen in a wrong way, you should know how to protect your account, money, etc.
soooulliv77

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 10:28:13 AM

I think it's dangerous. I bought a Ledger nano s, I think it has much more reliability and I trust it.

MERITT   P  R  O  T  O  C  O  L   ❱❱    WHITEPAPER
Decentralized Fundraising & Token Issuance

███████   TWITTER               BITCOINTALK               TELEGRAM   ███████
langaw2018
Copper Member

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 08:36:15 AM

For me, nothing wallets is safe now because those hackers and scammers do there all tactics to hack or scam such wallets, so dont open or view always websites in what wallet your holding to avoid visibility to the hackers. Keep all your important info of the wallet your have, those scammer/ hackers is everywhere in crypto world.
baghdatis1990

Activity: 504
Merit: 14

Miracle Tele

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 08:49:33 AM

I recommend that you use more wallets that you can download to your PC. I do not really trust the security of my wallets. I think they are much safer and have a much better security installed wallets.

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
tranquangvinh

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 08:56:34 AM

I think you should not use this new wallets because not many people know about it and you can lose your coin. Why do not you use the old wallet? I think it's still good to store coins   .
cryptoblezin

Activity: 278

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 08:58:33 AM

Please be sure the wallet is secured and guaranteed before you start using because some could be scam to steal users coins. I would suggest you wait a little and check for its app reviews. If after a while the review is above 4.5, then you could consider to use it because we are talking about we putting assets on the wallet here and one needs to be more careful in that case.
Thanks.
auroboros

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 08:59:04 AM

Of course that will happen, because it is explained that, if you send coins to a wallet that does not support the coins you send, then automatically, your coins will disappear forever. So be careful, if you do not know or do not understand, it would be better if you just ask those who understand better
Psynthax

Activity: 2310
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 09:04:48 AM

Yes there are a lot of phishing wallets out there, make sure of the wallet you want to use. We cant afford to lose hard earned money here.

Yups better to use local wallets that supported ba government,or by the securities and exchange commission

From this we can feel the safeties of our money,but in some point those popular wallets is advisable but the fees and the policies are not the same as what local wallets offered
Can you give an example which is the wallet that has already supported by the government or securities and exchange commission? man, you don't even know about what are you talking about? They are related to the legal support and there was no government or SEC that support crypto wallet. this is a joke

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Cocoincos

Activity: 700
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 09:54:19 AM

You can loose money in any wallet, it easy, now hackers dont know borders! I think the most safe place it hardware wallets.. all cloud wallets not safe
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: