Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 03:13:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I lose my coins by choosing wrong wallet?  (Read 3211 times)
zulfi125

Activity: 1382
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 06:05:00 AM

Yes, you can lose your coins by choosing wrong wallet, you should choose always well known wallet and avoid unknown wallet .

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kier010

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 06:08:36 AM

if they know the private key they can stole all your coins. before choosing better research well if they got a good review. it always better to go for trusted platform.
Emmaallen87

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 06:11:08 AM

It really depends on the wallet. There are some wallets that are made to scam people's money. You need to use a trusted and secure wallet. I wouldn't compromise my crypto using a newly launched wallet into crypto space. Do some research about it and the people behind working that wallet to secure your funds.
boyz97

Activity: 658
Merit: 106

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 06:13:51 AM

each wallet use its own system that has no compatibility to other coins or tokens.so if we send coins to wrong wallet, certainly our coins will disappear.and no way to get it back

M!R△CLE TELE     BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY     JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
ZirconiumX

Activity: 286

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 06:26:52 AM

Sure you can lose your coins if you choose wrong wallet or visit hackers site. More easier wallet for using - more risky for you,because many security walls are putted away,so you can be easily hacked.
Jaggi90
Copper Member

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 06:53:12 AM

This is unnecessary question to ask. Wrong wallet!! What are you asking my friend? Ofcousrse you will loose your all coins if you choose wrong wallet. You have to be careful , otherwise all your investment will become zero.
stefany101

Activity: 616
Merit: 103

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 07:01:42 AM

Yes it can ! There is a possibility that we can lose our funds if we are not taking care the wallet that we are using to stock our funds with. I think it is better to choose wallet/s that requires code or confirmation before accessing transaction requests.

M!R△CLE TELE     BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY     JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
Anubisi

Activity: 75

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 07:11:36 AM

I don't know this, I have been using imtoken, and other wallets have not been used for a while. I think some new wallets are dangerous and I suggest you use a secure wallet.
yanglei504

Activity: 206

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 07:21:04 AM

Yes many of my friends loose their token when they import their private key in other wallet and that makes me curious if there's a inside job happening to third party wallets. That's why I am using only myetherwallet when I'm accessing my wallet for safety purposes but the best wallet is hardware wallet when in comes in safety.
zininaks

Activity: 462

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 07:25:39 AM

Many users prefer to store currency in their” own " wallets, which can be divided into two types: online and offline (desktop, hardware and paper). Using an online wallet is no safer than storing assets in an exchange wallet: you trust a private key to a third party and do not control it. The most reliable are hardware crypto wallets, which are a physical device that generates and stores an nonremovable private key in its memory. During the transaction, all the necessary operations take place inside the wallet, and only an electronic signature is issued outside.
Applechild

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 07:33:07 AM

I know that some platform do come up with their own wallets and it has been great. regardless of the wallets though, the coin or token pertaining to such wallets may still need to be transfer to either the exchange platforms they are listed on or ether wallets at the end of the day. I am yet to come across a replacement wallets for bitcoin, ether, wave etc. so i suggest that you do a little more digging deep to know what the wallet is all about and testimony of those who have successfully used the wallet. without doing so and getting evidence please dont trust anyone with your coin.
Layers318

Activity: 266
Merit: 4

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2018, 07:36:42 AM

Every coin has its own compatible wallet with which it supports. You cannot send BTC to an ERC based wallet. It is very necessary to know which wallet you choose for a particular coin. Moreover, with the ERC based coins, a lot of wallets have been generated in recent times but remember, not all wallets are worth keeping your coins. For ERC coins, the best wallet is "myetherwallet".

[ CurioInvest ]: Bringing Collectables into the Digital World (https://curioinvest.com) [IEO LIVE]
JoMarrah Iarim Dan

Activity: 644
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 07:37:44 AM

Can I lose my coins by choosing wrong wallet or they can never stole any coin because they just provide wallet service only?

The answer is a BIG YES. For us people living with crypto or crypto is already part of our lives, it is important to carefully choose our wallet to use and of course exchangers. We are prone to hackers so one wrong move, they can get our address or worst our private keys and transfer our coin. If that happened it is impossible to bring back those coins.

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
icalical

Activity: 1358
Merit: 268

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2018, 08:15:20 AM

yeah definitely, some wallets are secure but some other are not, their security are weak, so many bugs and easy to be hacked, most of wallet have ANN thread in Bitcointalk, and of course their user will left feedback or some   testimonials on their thread. Read thoroughly on  there, better spend some time than regret your decision. For bitcoin wallet I usually use Electrum and Ether I use Trust, I have used them for more than 2 years and have no problem at all.

KobbyC

Activity: 361

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 08:23:30 AM

I will never opt for a new wallet if the old has got nothing wrong. Just do your best not to share your private keys with anyone, not even the admins if they ask you to do so.
shaheer001

Activity: 1274

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2018, 10:08:51 AM

May be you lose your coins so always use trusted and old wallet and don't try new attractive programs.

Kolikalex55

Activity: 278
Merit: 1

simply getting the job done

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 04:48:03 PM

Yes, you can lose coins and you need to choose the right wallets ! It is best to create a wallet and not enter it ! Only on rare occasions !

Mycro Jobs
〈 SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE ⟩
Nisharawal

Activity: 336
Merit: 11

I am no stable coin. to the mooonn.. and back

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 07:39:25 PM

Hi everyone, I found a service announcement of new wallet platform few days ago in our forum.
Their introduction and vision stated in the post seems to be great and it also attracts me a lot.
However, I still wonder whether I can trust that new wallet.
Can I lose my coins by choosing wrong wallet or they can never stole any coin because they just provide wallet service only?

Please help me if you have experience in this field. Thank you.
This is the link to the wallet that I mentioned: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4582763.msg41338130#msg41338130

Yes, there are many chances that you can easily lose all your coins if you choose the wrong wallet or any kind of wrong things doing here on the temple. Actually every tokens has same big number of value behind it even apart from the saving value which determines the value of coin  if you  go for selling it on the streets, which is ok if you are selling it for some good and emergency cause.

▰▰▰▰ BLACK ▰▰▰▰
 ▰▰▰▰ Insurance Company on Blockchain   ▰▰▰▰
WHITEPAPER   JOIN TELEGRAM   ◄ Ann Thread ►
Atawewe

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 03:18:23 AM

Actually, you can loose your coin by choosing the wrong wallet,sharing you private key...  but why need of new wallet, I prefer using my old wallet
Suprittandon

Activity: 81

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 06:38:47 AM

Well you have to be more careful while choosing new wallets because there are so many new phishing wallets are there through which you can loose your whole money. So I think existing wallet are good one and be careful while choosing new wallet in the market.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: