Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 01:25:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I lose my coins by choosing wrong wallet?  (Read 3214 times)
Radio-Active

Activity: 523
Merit: 10

YOUC - https://www.youengine.io/

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 07:13:46 AM

Hi everyone, I found a service announcement of new wallet platform few days ago in our forum.
Their introduction and vision stated in the post seems to be great and it also attracts me a lot.
However, I still wonder whether I can trust that new wallet.
Can I lose my coins by choosing wrong wallet or they can never stole any coin because they just provide wallet service only?

Please help me if you have experience in this field. Thank you.
This is the link to the wallet that I mentioned: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4582763.msg41338130#msg41338130

Actually you can be hacked if you choose some unsecure wallet. Never trust any new website or something that have wallet.
The most reliable wallet in the website is a trusty exchange wallet. You can use client wallet for your coin and install it on your pc though.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Gromx

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 07:17:26 AM

The risk of losing coins is always there.And not just because you didn't choose the right wallet.There are many ways to steal your funds - and one of them is phishing. Be careful and check the addresses to which you translate.
thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 07:27:39 AM

if they have access to your private key then your coin can be lost. by the way I just check the link and I can see the major difference between their wallet and the so called 'traditional wallet' is the transaction fee that was indicated to be very low in their own case and other wallet are painted to be high. I will like to know how low their transaction fee and do they have the lowest transaction fee out of all available wallet. these are very important and finally i think you should be very careful in considering new wallet without users review.
dropper01

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 08:48:13 AM

Yes, there are many phishing wallets out there, make sure the wallet you want to use. The dictionary must be careful and do not tell your password to others, it will be dangerous. You must be selective in choosing a wallet.
lance04

Activity: 462
Merit: 112

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 11:31:59 AM

Yes of course, there’s a possibility that you can lose your coins by choosing a wrong wallet, always remember that you should consider the quality of the service that the company is providing.
darkwiz1417

Activity: 48

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 11:37:26 AM

Yes but the common problem is that you visit a phishing site and also i have read that someone has missing altcoins in his Eidoo wallet
nairb131

Activity: 365
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 11:43:55 AM

Yes, it is very possible for you to loose your coin by choosing a wrong wallet because different coin have wallets on which they are accepted and if you use the wrong one, you might be unable to access the coin.
Ndubades

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 11:44:14 AM

You definitely can lose your coins. A friend of mine lost all his coins under similar circumstances just a few weeks ago. I'll you use a more trusted site too.
csbsstudent

Activity: 161
Merit: 2

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 12:16:04 PM

The risk is possible but it is not so high as you think. The main reason of loss is your mistake only: wrong investing, simple password, using of weak platforms and others.

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
https://wppenergy.io
doedz

Activity: 1106
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 03:47:59 AM

Many negative comments on this thread, means you have to be careful about the pishing website.

Do not give a private key to someone else, because the private key is the SOUL from your token address.

▄█▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▄▄
           ▄█▀ ▄▄█▀▀   ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄
          ▀▀  ▀▀          ▀▀█▄█▀
    ▄▄▀  ▄█▀▀                    ▄   ▄▄
  ▄█▀▄▄█▀           ▄▄           ▀▀█▄ ▀█
 ▄▀ █▀     ▄▄██▄▄   ██   ▄▄██▄▄      █▄ █
 █ ▀█   ▄▄█▀▀   ▀██▄▄█▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀██▄▄   █ █
 █     █▀ ▄▄█▀▀█▄▄ ▀██▀  ▄██▀█▄▄ ▀▀█  █ █
 █  ▄  █ ██▀ ▄▄▄ ▀█ ██ █▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀██ █  █ █
 █ ██  ▀ ██ █▀▀▀█▄▄ ▀█ ▄▄█▀▀▀▀█ ██ ▀  █ █
   ██    █▀ ▄▄█▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█    ▀ █
   ██    ▄▄██▀ ▄▄█▄ ██  █▄▄ ▀▀██▄▄      █
 █ ██    ▀▀ ▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄███▄ ▀▀██▄▄ ▀       █
 █  █      ▀▀▀ ▄██▀▀▄█ ▀██▄▄ ▀▀       █ █
 █  █         ▀▀▀   ██    ▀▀▀         █ █
 ▀█ ▀▄▄             ██              ▄█ ▄█
  ▀█▄ ▀▀▄▄          ██          ▄▄█▀ ▄█▀
     ▀█▄▄▀▀▀        ██       ▄▄ ▀▄▄█▀▀
        ▀▀█▄   ▄▄        ▄▄█▀▀   ▀
            ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄█▀
               ▀▀█▄▄▀▀ ▄▄█▀

E M I R E X
─── إمركس ───

...Whitepaper...

The Infrastructure for the
New Digital Economy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▄█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
████████▀           ████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████            █████████
█████████  ██████████████████▀
████████▄           ████████
▀█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀██████▀▀▀

E M R X

─ Token ─

...LEARN MORE...

...Register...
[/cen
vokokawev658

Activity: 35

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 04:36:23 AM

Yes, you can easily lose your coins by using a wrong wallet. there are a lot of phishing wallets out there,  be careful to use a wallet and gather details or do some research before you choose the one.
hohuan101

Activity: 335
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 04:43:26 AM

Actually, you can loose your coin by choosing the wrong wallet,sharing you private key...  but why need of new wallet, I prefer using my old wallet

yeah, i don't know why he has to use new wallet? Your currently wallet isn't safe ? If the answer is yes, you should buy a hardware wallet. It's better than the new wallet that you don't actually know about it.
Escf4

Activity: 364
Merit: 3

GIGZI - INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 04:46:04 AM

The is the biggest risk her in cryptocurrency when you have mistaken to put your coins in a wrong wallet and that wallet is not yours then true ,you will lose your coins , it is very rare that the wallet being wrong send ,will send back to your original wallet, once you send a wrong wallet it will never be recover, that is the truth about cryptocurrency,so next be careful ,check twice or trice.

GIGZI - INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
www.gigzi.com
iotic

Activity: 71

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 04:49:19 AM

you should secure your private key. and biggest important point is accepted list. example if your do not accept erc20, you should not send erc20 tokens
billy.ryoko

Activity: 686
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 04:58:55 AM

it seems to the web bases wallet, I will not use this type of wallet, if they can access your wallet through your private key, then you will lose all your fund, also be careful there are many scam wallet or phishing page, when you login or import any data in it, you will say goodbye to your money.

▀   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▬▬▬███  Burst  █  Defi Money  ███▬▬▬   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▀
[      PRESALE     |  April 1st      ]     [     CROWDSALE    |  June 1st      ]
[     TWITTER           TELEGRAM       █│█     MEDIUM          GITHUB     ]
hardewale148

Activity: 102

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 05:07:32 AM

I support mew(my ether wallet)also imtoken for ERC20 project, it's easy to use, simple as well secure, but keep your password and private key with you
alfs75

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

platform for everyday business

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 05:11:54 AM

Hi everyone, I found a service announcement of new wallet platform few days ago in our forum.
Their introduction and vision stated in the post seems to be great and it also attracts me a lot.
However, I still wonder whether I can trust that new wallet.
Can I lose my coins by choosing wrong wallet or they can never stole any coin because they just provide wallet service only?

Please help me if you have experience in this field. Thank you.
This is the link to the wallet that I mentioned: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4582763.msg41338130#msg41338130

Theres a big possibility thats can we lose our coins if we choose a wrong wallet,especialy if we have and erc wallet and you put some of your crypto coins in web wallet thats not belong into this group,therefore you must set aside those your tokens thats coming from web wallet  into the coins thats have contains an erc 20 in order to not loosing all of your  assets.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
sarul
Copper Member

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 06:06:03 AM

Yes, you can easily lose your coins by using a wrong wallet. there are a lot of phishing wallets out there,  be careful to use a wallet and gather details or do some research before you choose the one.
To avoid that, I recommend to just using some well-known exchange sites and some trusted web wallet like MEW,Waveswallet,Neotracker. Surely an app wallet is more secure, because you're the only one having it's file. Once got hacked by anyone, your coins / tokens will disappear forever.
btccrusher

Activity: 742
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2018, 06:12:37 AM

Of course, you can lose everything by holding them into a scam wallet. Always do your research before holding coins in a wallet, and it is advised to use official wallet only, or open source wallet.
Fakeer 666

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 06:14:26 AM

You need to keep your coins in different purses. You need to select reliable purses such as Waveswallet. I created several wallets on this site. It's not so insulting to lose coins. I will not lose all the coins, but only separately. The rest will remain on other wallets.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: