Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 02:17:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I lose my coins by choosing wrong wallet?  (Read 3214 times)
Totodecaan120

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 06:52:08 AM

yes, because some wallet can be hacked and can be a scam. You can lose all your money in this wallet that is not trustable. Be smart in choosing a wallet.
Danisababy

Activity: 139

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 07:03:27 AM

In my opinion, yes you can lose everything you have if you choose the wrong wallet, especially if the wallets are just meant to scam or hack your private keys, such as phishing sites. We should be very careful in choosing what wallet to use and also you should take extra care of you private keys.
Urtaev

Activity: 285
Merit: 10

🤖UBEX.COM 🤖

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 07:06:39 AM

You can also lose coins if you send them to the wrong address on the exchange, which is intended for this particular coin.

▓▓▓█████████████████████████████░░          UBEX          ░░█████████████████████████████▓▓▓
▓██████████████████░░          Global Decentralized Advertising Exchange          ░░██████████████████▓
▓███░   • Telegram  • Facebook  • ANN Thread  • Youtube  • LinkedIn  • Twitter • Medium  • Reddit  • Github   ░███▓
Rahman11

Activity: 1428
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 07:10:42 AM

Need to aware about phising malware link, and for you always need to use most trusted and most uses wallet. then you can always feel safe.
darksanya

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2018, 07:15:21 AM

any exchange or wallet is your trust in the developers. you trust them large sums but at any time they may turn out to be unscrupulous and scammed. risks are everywhere, 100% guarantee for the storage of money will give only iron safe under the bed, and it is unlikely
itoybtc

Activity: 71

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 07:35:30 AM

Hi everyone, I found a service announcement of new wallet platform few days ago in our forum.
Their introduction and vision stated in the post seems to be great and it also attracts me a lot.
However, I still wonder whether I can trust that new wallet.
Can I lose my coins by choosing wrong wallet or they can never stole any coin because they just provide wallet service only?

Please help me if you have experience in this field. Thank you.
This is the link to the wallet that I mentioned: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4582763.msg41338130#msg41338130

Yes you can loose your coins by choosing wrong wallet simply because there are some wallets that can be easily to hack because the foundation of the security type is weak. There are some people who has there business by hacking your wallet account so be careful with that also those scammers that are taking your private information illegally. So choose those wallet that are trusted and proven that are recommended by the experts in this kind of digital currency. Choose wallet wisely for you to be assured to your coins.
Markscott86

Activity: 30

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 07:42:43 AM

You should be careful in choosing your wallets because there are wallets that can be easy to hack or fraud. You need to care about your private keys. It helps to protect you. You are the one who is responsible for your private keys. No trust one and your wallet will be safe from hackers.
Syakir1989

Activity: 172
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 09:31:01 AM

Hi everyone, I found a service announcement of new wallet platform few days ago in our forum.
Their introduction and vision stated in the post seems to be great and it also attracts me a lot.
Can I lose my coins by choosing wrong wallet or they can never stole any coin because they just provide wallet service only?

This is the link to the wallet that I mentioned: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4582763.msg41338130#msg41338130
I know wallet service providers will not steal coins that we have because they also do not want to lose the trust of consumers, but every wallet must have security if the wallet security is bad then the vulnerable coins we have are stolen by hackers ...
so I can only suggest that you first see the security of the new wallet whether it is safe from hackers or will be vulnerable to being stolen by hackers, after knowing it please decide ...
speedy1987

Activity: 462

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 09:36:33 AM

Hey yes man. By choosing the wallet you should be very carefull. Do not give a try for any new wallets, Because no one is aware of those wallets. Now a day many of the wallets got hacked. I am using coinbase wallet. which really good and trusted wallet.
outdatedruff7

Activity: 90

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 09:37:26 PM

There are chances of frauds if you are looking for new wallets, you must be careful.
bitcoinbuyer

Activity: 143
Merit: 1

“The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem”

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 08:27:18 AM

you can bat the possibility is too low so the loss of money is more risky if you are not confident in your manipulations with money including investments.

||   ICONIQ HOLDING   ||
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem, Powered by the ICNQ Token
bapangkiran

Activity: 150

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 08:32:30 AM

Of course yes, when you wrongly choose a wallet in the crypto world you can lose your coin. In the world of crypto we need to examine one of them is the selection of the right wallet, because all our coins will be accommodated all in the wallet if wrong we will lose all profits in the crypto world, so we have to be really careful about the wallet problem in the crypto world.
JaoBadjap

Activity: 532
Merit: 132

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2018, 08:38:54 AM

Well its up to you. on choosing and trusting this various wallet around here.
but the thing is. the chances of getting phished and scam and worst robbed.
is high as long as you dont know if its legitimate its better to stay away from them.
im not saying that the one you mention is a scam or like that. but its really up to you. its better if you check it out first.
and do some research. goodluck
ElbunbotdHH

Activity: 15

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 09:47:11 AM

You must be very careful with whatever you are doing and it is not a good idea to give your keys.
YYYtupil

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 10:12:25 AM

Keep your keys safe and make sure that they are safe with you and you only have its access.
rapsa2018

Activity: 504

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 11:13:34 AM

The real possibility is that your money will be lost when other wallets are sent to another coin because they are different wallets per every coin.
SeaSoul

Activity: 728

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 08:14:32 PM

Yes, you can easily lose your coins by using a wrong wallet. there are a lot of phishing wallets out there,  be careful to use a wallet and gather details or do some research before you choose the one.
To avoid that, I recommend to just using some well-known exchange sites and some trusted web wallet like MEW,Waveswallet,Neotracker. Surely an app wallet is more secure, because you're the only one having it's file. Once got hacked by anyone, your coins / tokens will disappear forever.

Even some well-known exchange sites is a huge risk if you leave a lot of coins there. They can all be hacked and usually it is only a question of time until it happens.
ace4549

Activity: 699
Merit: 438

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 01:34:40 PM

Yes of course, you can lose your coins by choosing a wrong wallet  and if you want to prevent from losing of coins then you must learn how to choose the right one in this kind of business.
Jeremiesaranza

Activity: 252
Merit: 101

EMMARES – Email as you know it, will never be the

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 09:12:37 PM

Notsofast wrote a good article about the topic, a lot of details about how to use wallets safely. Afaik yeah, we can lose everything by messing up things..

E M M A R E S  ❍ .... Email as you know it, will never be the same.
EMMARES ICO  |   TELEGRAM  |   REDDIT   |   LINKEDIN   Twitter  | MEDIUM  FACEBOOK 
pictsidhe

Activity: 199

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 09:22:09 PM

Yes. If you choose the wrong wallet you can lose your coins. You should think about it. Many people do not think about it at all, so hackers easily hack all the coins. You can use the hardware wallet. It's very simple, dependent and safe.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: