Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:32:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I lose my coins by choosing wrong wallet?  (Read 3214 times)
Lima0396

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 09:22:45 PM

Choosing a wrong wallet can make you to lose your hard earned tokens
This is a very sensitive case which should be handled with care.
Because in this process you can loss all your money or token.
acord00

Activity: 225
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 10:10:28 PM

Yeah right what you say if you are wrong in choosing a wallet then you can lose all your coins. You should choose a wallet that is trusted only than you choose the wrong wallet then your hard work will be in vain. Besides that, the emergence of this new wallet can also be a trap in coin robbery. Wallet creators are actually people who want to rob the contents of the jump so we have to be careful in choosing a wallet to store our coins.
hrctrusisss

Activity: 27

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 11:58:00 AM

A lot of wallets are just scams and anything can happen with them.
Rhshahindiana

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 12:11:29 PM

Definitely yes if u chose wrong wallet. It happened with me too once. I chose to accept (stellar) coin using Astral wallet. But that doesnt support Private key, and so i never received my coins to that wallet, so always be wise in chosing correct wallet, and do the research first. Always chose wallet which gives the benefit on creating our own private Key.

Via-

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 12:16:04 PM

incorrectly choosing a wallet you can lose your coin, so when choosing a wallet you must be very careful because when you choose a wallet that is likely you can lose all your coins, so when choosing a wallet you must be very careful. and also use a wallet that is completely safe for your own security.
Redhead5

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 12:19:48 PM

Definitely yes if u chose wrong wallet. It happened with me too once. I chose to accept (stellar) coin using Astral wallet. But that doesnt support Private key, and so i never received my coins to that wallet, so always be wise in chosing correct wallet, and do the research first. Always chose wallet which gives the benefit on creating our own private Key.

Actually this is the common mistakes of some bounty hunters and investors putting wrong wallet in their investment account. And this is the very worst scenario because you will know it after completion of the campaign. So we must be careful about this because this can be turn into great despair besides of our great hard works.
icemantaurus

Activity: 223
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 12:30:27 PM

Yes you surely will lose your hard earned coins. Just always bear in that we are working in the digital world of world wide web, be carefull in choosing the right wallet it might be a phishing site.
maiden

Activity: 457
Merit: 11

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 12:49:36 PM

Definetely yes, specially if the wallet are not reliable to save coins. Theres a limited and trusted online wallet for some altcoin holders ...i recommend to all of you to have a ledger, that is one of the safest wallet because you can bring it anywhere.

letsfly

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 12:52:26 PM

Yes you can actually lose your coins if you choose a wrong wallet. Choose wallet where you hold your private keys, if possible use a hardware wallet because it is safer.

Casalania

Activity: 491
Merit: 100

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 01:15:10 PM

Hi everyone, I found a service announcement of new wallet platform few days ago in our forum.
Their introduction and vision stated in the post seems to be great and it also attracts me a lot.
However, I still wonder whether I can trust that new wallet.
Can I lose my coins by choosing wrong wallet or they can never stole any coin because they just provide wallet service only?

Please help me if you have experience in this field. Thank you.
This is the link to the wallet that I mentioned: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4582763.msg41338130#msg41338130
its actually dangerous if you dont really know the wallet, but you can look for the feedback from other users about how they experienced using that wallet, before you use it, you must have some vouch coming from them first.

╓                                        SWG.io  ⁞ Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.14                                        ╖
║     〘 Available On Binance Square 〙•〘 ◊ ICOHOLDER ⁞ 4.45 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙     ║
╙           ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY  NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹           ╜
Dean_Jue

Activity: 202

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 01:16:16 PM

If you end up entering your details on the wrong website, then yes, you can lose everything you've made so far.
The key is to never enter your private key in any xyz website.
The only place I trust is myetherwallet
Cassy14

Activity: 237

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 01:19:14 PM

having a wrong wallet will lose your coins, and it is non-refundable.
ERC-20 tokens must be on ERC-20 wallet.
same goes with NEP5 tokens.
if you will download the wallet they provide it is also has a chance that one might have a virus that can harm your files.
samarnaaz

Activity: 67

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 02:25:46 PM

Yes you can lose your all coin if you choose wrong someday ago i was searching something at google i saw that some wallet are fake they can be easily hack...
faisaladitya

Activity: 462
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 02:29:57 PM

according to my understanding, we will not lose coins that we store with a wallet that is wrong provided we still store the private key. but it's better we store our coins in the wallet address that already has recommendations so that our coins are safe.
checkmatesir

Activity: 584

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 02:32:24 PM

If you do not any issue with the old wallet, i see no reason why you should rush now into using the new wallet. Virtually everything in crypto now has to be confirmed first, tested and trusted, so as not to loose your fund. Please, stick to the old wallet for now if no issue.
It is too much important that to do conform for so many time before sending your coin to anyone. It is true that there are so many cases where people have sent their coins in to a wrong address and they lost it forever. Therefore it is too much important to be careful while sending our coins to any address.

faisaladitya

Activity: 462
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 02:33:54 PM

Hi everyone, I found a service announcement of new wallet platform few days ago in our forum.
Their introduction and vision stated in the post seems to be great and it also attracts me a lot.
However, I still wonder whether I can trust that new wallet.
Can I lose my coins by choosing wrong wallet or they can never stole any coin because they just provide wallet service only?

Please help me if you have experience in this field. Thank you.
This is the link to the wallet that I mentioned: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4582763.msg41338130#msg41338130

if you save coins in the wrong wallet, then you will lose the coin. because people can easily take the coins that you save. especially if you save coins in your wallet with a phishing site then all the coins will be lost. this is according to my understanding.
VieleSind

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 02:36:42 PM

Yep, you'll lose it all if you send your cryptocurrency to a wallet which don't support that kind of cryptocurrency Smiley. For example, you send non ERC-20 token to ERC-20 token wallet so you'll lose it all. But in your situation I think you still have chance to take them back by contacting to support of this wallet.
dollurs

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 02:45:38 PM

I think it is safe to use already known wallets. This new service can be a good one. But who knows. So for the safety purposes I think you should use an old already trusted wallet.
Ividanik
Copper Member

Activity: 205
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 04:04:34 PM

Try to use well-known wallets, don't put big money in new ones, as you never know. Even better choice is to use hard wallets over online wallets, and if you use online wallets, keep all passwords and private keys to external devices.
M7MMike

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 10:52:45 AM

It is simple if anyone who has access to your keys they can easily steal your money as well.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: