Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 06:02:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I lose my coins by choosing wrong wallet?  (Read 3214 times)
ser54gold

Activity: 63
Merit: 5

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 11:02:19 AM

Yes, of course you can lose your coins by choosing a wrong wallet. And if you want to prevent from losing of coins then you must learn how to choose the right one in this kind of business.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Luckym7

Activity: 212
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 04:20:59 AM

If there is no system for share your private key then it is safe. If a forum or sites have to right for access in your private key then there is a big chance that you may scamed. It’s also depend upon the sites who build it for bad intension. It is impossible to find or discover who have bad intension till they scam with people. So I think unless they scam people they are safe..
Alexmasterbtc

Activity: 350
Merit: 111

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 01:34:39 PM

Many users of cryptocurrencies think about where it is safest to store their funds and which of the crypto-currency wallets is the most convenient and reliable.You should choose a popular online storage with a good reputation. Among the online crypto-wallets there are multi-currency ones. They allow you to store various crypto coins in one place. The option of using online wallets is perfect for novice users, since the latter, as practice shows, are not always able to provide a proper level of secure storage of coins, as well as work with "light" or "thick" cryptocurrency wallets on your computer.
SeaSoul

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 11:25:00 AM

Many users of cryptocurrencies think about where it is safest to store their funds and which of the crypto-currency wallets is the most convenient and reliable.You should choose a popular online storage with a good reputation. Among the online crypto-wallets there are multi-currency ones. They allow you to store various crypto coins in one place. The option of using online wallets is perfect for novice users, since the latter, as practice shows, are not always able to provide a proper level of secure storage of coins, as well as work with "light" or "thick" cryptocurrency wallets on your computer.

Online wallets are strongly against the principle of "your key your coins". If they get hacked and your coins are gone, there is often no way to get them back.
knolix

Activity: 176

MeVu

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2018, 11:27:46 AM

It's possible when you found your wallet on not so much verified website, they could save the access to your wallet and slowly rob you from the coins. The best wallets are highly rated by the users, use them.

reighbut2017

Activity: 252
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 11:35:30 AM

Hi everyone, I found a service announcement of new wallet platform few days ago in our forum.
Their introduction and vision stated in the post seems to be great and it also attracts me a lot.
However, I still wonder whether I can trust that new wallet.
Can I lose my coins by choosing wrong wallet or they can never stole any coin because they just provide wallet service only?

Please help me if you have experience in this field. Thank you.
This is the link to the wallet that I mentioned: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4582763.msg41338130#msg41338130

Yes all your coins might be compromised if you choose if you choose not secured wallet so i must suggest to use MEW myetherwallet because its safe and protected and aside from you can use this wallet for free.
silver23

Activity: 574

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 11:37:27 AM

Lose coin in wrong wallet Huh
I think wallet in crypto usually have a good secure, but sometimes hacker can hack some wallet.
That happened to my friend, they loss all of ETH, but not for Altcoin.
Oyimeelijah

Activity: 155
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 06:37:34 AM

Most wallets are safe until proven otherwise, my advice for you today is to follow up with the said wallet,  but for the purpose of future occurrence try to use only wallets that is globally known

HYDAX EXCHANGE ⎈ BOUNTY ⎈ ANN
A Secure, Efficient, Simple Cryptocurrency Exchange
Exchange ⎈ Futures & Options ⎈ IEO ⎈ APP ⎈ Community
heartwreck

Activity: 162
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 06:54:38 AM

Probably yes, by choosing wrong wallet we may looose our coins. And it happened to me a few days ago. Because of my negligence I lose what i've worked for so many days. I'd forgot that I already uninstall/install the apps and the wallet address take differ from the account that i pinned on my apps so when i withdrew it, i didnt receive anything.
Pamela1966

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2018, 06:59:47 AM

Choosing wrong wallet might cost you the fortune you've labored for ,not sure what the wrong wallets are but what makes the Blockchain technology assumes right owner of wallet and coins in it is the private keys, so keeping the private keys to your wallet safe is the only way you cannot lose your coins, don't share your private keys with anyone and it's preferably to keep it in hardware format or better still use hardware wallet, it's the most secured wallet to save your altcoins if you can afford one such as trezor and S Ledger nano
Bitdressa

Activity: 303
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 07:01:40 AM

if this case is called wrong, enter the address of our wallet which does not belong to us, instead we fill it with someone else's wallet that is not ours, which we should get that benefit.
KXC247

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 07:08:09 AM

Of course you can lose all your funds if you have your coins in the wrong wallet. We need to be very much careful in this market in my own opinion. Make sure you read reviews from people before using such wallets.
tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 07:13:33 AM

I would strongly advise against using hardware wallets. Their only benefit is ease of use and convenience since they are not as safe as many erroneously think. For example, if you can restore your keys when the wallet breaks, it is not safe by definition. But if it breaks and you can't retrieve your coins, your coins are not safe either, though on a completely different level (not security wise).

Paper (or brain) wallets are the only way to go if you want your coins safe at all times and not depend on a third party in any possible way (be a desktop wallet developer or a hardware wallet manufacturer) even if it can be very inconvenient.
BigTeeths

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 07:20:33 AM

Hi everyone, I found a service announcement of new wallet platform few days ago in our forum.
Their introduction and vision stated in the post seems to be great and it also attracts me a lot.
Can I lose my coins by choosing wrong wallet or they can never stole any coin because they just provide wallet service only?

This is the link to the wallet that I mentioned: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4582763.msg41338130#msg41338130

If they are the one who provided your wallet address then you are certainly at risk of losing your coins there. It should be like a reputable site like Coinbase because if that site is like an online investment that promises ROI then you should leave them by now.
HotHot143

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 07:31:32 AM

Yes ofcourse you could lose all of it if you didn't manage well because a lot of right are scams and low security which an apple of the eye of the hackers because it will be easy for them to take a money if the wallet you are using has a very low security. Do your own search about the best hard and cold wallets and you will be fine for sure.
ethmylovee

Activity: 75

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 07:35:43 AM

There are many ways to lose tokens:
Use fake wallets, fraud scams
Use the wrong wallet for the token (NEO token and send it to the ETH wallet).
Poor security and hacked as myetherwallet
miraxgr

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 08:06:28 AM

Of course! You can steal coins from absolutely any wallet. Will it be new or not. Such was not times. I will recommend you better buy a "cold wallet". It is safe and secure and certainly your coins no one will steal from there. Because it is a kind of battle flash drive, which is not constantly connected to your computer, so access to it'll only have you yourself and passwords must be entered only manually on the wallet. I consider this type of wallet to be the most secure at the moment. Because whatever the online wallet, it is still subject to hacking and theft by hackers and scammers.
huanglui

Activity: 529
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 08:13:51 AM

Of course, it is one of the most important component of safety. Moreover, you should copy all your QR-codes from exchanges, because your device could be destroyed.

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Telegram Twitter Facebook
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

▄██████████▄          
            ████████████████         
          ████████████████████       
         ████████▀    ▀████████  
        ███████          ███████     
        ██████            ██████     
        ██████            ██████     
        ███████          ███████     
         ████████▄    ▄████████      
          ████████████████████       
            ████████████████         
              ▀██████████▀            

▄██████████▄          
            ████████████████         
          ████████████████████       
         ████████▀    ▀████████  
        ███████          ███████     
        ██████            ██████     
        ██████            ██████     
        ███████          ███████     
         ████████▄    ▄████████      
          ████████████████████       
            ████████████████         
              ▀██████████▀            

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Linked-In Reddit Medium
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
imgoinforbitcoin

Activity: 87

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 10:25:38 AM

Yes you can lose all of your coins if you choose the wrong wallet, you should always be careful with your transactions and make sure that everything is correct before you send it through because the transactions are irreversible and if you do send it to the wrong address then you coins are lost forever. This is one of the risks involved with cryptos.
AndrewBrown

Activity: 251

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 01:56:38 AM

Err, what exactly do you mean by choosing the wrong wallet? Most of the wallets I'm aware of and have been exposed to have maximum security, and are really safe to use, and store up your tokens or coins. I think that there is no way you can lose your funds unless in cases where the wallet was hacked or when you share your login info with other people who are not trusted and you get your coins stolen.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: