Bitcoin Forum
August 04, 2024, 08:10:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I lose my coins by choosing wrong wallet?  (Read 3215 times)
Suharjo

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 01:47:40 PM

if you are not careful, the wallet is very easy to hack. before you decide to use the new wallet, you should first check whether the wallet is safe to store your crypto.
Ondisbelle

Activity: 94
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 02:01:31 PM

Besides coins, what do you send to this new wallet? Why don't you use an old wallet? Sometimes the new wallet is not as good as the old one. actually, this kind of al is very risky as it is one of the most important safety components. In addition, you must copy all your QR codes from the exchange, because your device can be destroyed.
Hopefully, you can take your cryptocurrency back and this will be a very expensive lesson for you. Before transferring, you must check whether they can save the cryptocurrency that you will transfer first. That is all
Businesscase

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 10:38:57 AM

Yes, of course, you can. Also, you can lose all your coins in the correct wallet too, if you won`t keep your information in safe or go to the phishing site. Be careful about choosing your wallet and information storage.
vinayak2628
Copper Member

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 10:44:33 AM

If you have control on your private keys they your funds in safe.  But if they stole your private key. Then your funds in high risk...
chejibadan

Activity: 85

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 10:47:13 AM

The wrong wallet may be fraudulent, etc. I think you should use a more familiar wallet, because it is related to your property security!
Svarora
Copper Member

Activity: 378

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2018, 10:57:29 AM

your private key is the most important thing you should be care of while choosing your wallet. you have to store your hard earned coin in your wallet. youhave to take care of few things. first you should not share your private key with anyone. you should not store it on your computer.if you have very much excess coin then you must usr advance technolozy to store .

ucb96

Activity: 214

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2018, 03:45:05 PM

This is the most risky subject in cryptocurrency. It is very risky to change exiting wallet to new wallet. However existing wallets are very safer than newly introduced wallets.
Khiceog

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 12:02:39 PM

Hi everyone, I found a service announcement of new wallet platform few days ago in our forum.
Their introduction and vision stated in the post seems to be great and it also attracts me a lot.
However, I still wonder whether I can trust that new wallet.
Can I lose my coins by choosing wrong wallet or they can never stole any coin because they just provide wallet service only?

Please help me if you have experience in this field. Thank you.
This is the link to the wallet that I mentioned: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4582763.msg41338130#msg41338130
Yes, I believe that there is such a danger if you start working with the wrong wallet. My friends have already encountered a similar problem - so there is a threat. Unfortunately, many people simply do not think about this problem, which makes hackers more likely to earn money.
jyaken

Activity: 810
Merit: 1000

Your professional profile on the blockchain

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 12:49:49 PM

Yes you are in a danger to loose fund specially if it was used for eth smart contract . Anyway always do double check before sending\receiving any kind of coins and make sure it is the right wallet . some members write it down in a paper to be 100 % sure .
Viscore

Activity: 3122
Merit: 655

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 12:56:08 PM

Yes you are in a danger to loose fund specially if it was used for eth smart contract . Anyway always do double check before sending\receiving any kind of coins and make sure it is the right wallet . some members write it down in a paper to be 100 % sure .
I've experience it though, and I realize it after creating sending transaction. It's totally a big loss for us cause we can't do anything for its recovery. Its a sort of learning for me and I now very skeptic which could make me to double check all the entries I've made.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
george_hured

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 12:58:28 PM

It's just as obvious as everything else in the world, I think that you can draw an analogy with the fact that if you would simply give money to the storage of unknown people, you would probably understand that this is not right and that you do not have money
waitinglist

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 01:08:49 PM

You must be careful in choosing a wallet for you to use to store your coins. If you choose the wrong wallet, of course you will lose all the coins you have.

Alex Foman

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 01:10:57 PM

I can say that basically it happens. After all, a reliable, high-quality purse is the guarantee of the security of your funds. After all, the wrong chosen wallet is easy to crack. And then you lose all your coins.
Milla Kross

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 01:21:11 PM

Now in general, very carefully choose a purse for their crypto currency. And it is better to start not one, as for me. A low-quality wallet is easy to crack. And then you will lose your precious crypto currency .. And then you will fail.
manuelgar

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 01:28:44 PM

I think it's better not to trust an unofficial developer. Wallets store information about your private key. The developer can steal this information. Be careful!

kalstarzz

Activity: 770

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 01:30:26 PM

Hi everyone, I found a service announcement of new wallet platform few days ago in our forum.
Their introduction and vision stated in the post seems to be great and it also attracts me a lot.
However, I still wonder whether I can trust that new wallet.
Can I lose my coins by choosing wrong wallet or they can never stole any coin because they just provide wallet service only?

Please help me if you have experience in this field. Thank you.
This is the link to the wallet that I mentioned: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4582763.msg41338130#msg41338130
before you use it you should first make sure the wallet is safe or not. because now there is too much fraud with various modes.
West0813

Activity: 504

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 01:33:10 PM

I think its not depend on what wallet will you put your coins. It depend on how you secure your coin. Even if the wallet is secure if you are not careful enough you could lose your coin.

stobox
DIGITAL ASSETS ECOSYSTEM
───────  Website ⬝  WhitepaperTwitterFacebookTelegramLinkedin   ───────
Zhen Zhibing

Activity: 121
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 01:34:17 PM

You can lose all of your coins if you choose wrong wallet. Not all wallets is legit and worth to trust. You should use legit wallet and high recommended by crypto community.
Bile123

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 01:36:55 PM

Well, recently this topic has become one of the most popular. After all, the security of our crypto currency. It is most important! So, I advise you not to keep the crypt in unreliable purses. After all, this promises you to lose (
Best Coin8

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 01:38:25 PM

yes of course you can lose your money if you choose not a safe wallet. I think it's better to take the time to choose a good purse.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: