Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 09:38:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I lose my coins by choosing wrong wallet?  (Read 3214 times)
NEERAJ ANAND

Activity: 686
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 01:58:17 PM

Yes if you choose the wrong wallet  it is your fault and no one can help to recover your coin always make your own research before creating wallet account as know exchange wallet are not allowed to get any coin
belcini

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 06:45:03 AM

Hi everyone, I found a service announcement of new wallet platform few days ago in our forum.
Their introduction and vision stated in the post seems to be great and it also attracts me a lot.
However, I still wonder whether I can trust that new wallet.
Can I lose my coins by choosing wrong wallet or they can never stole any coin because they just provide wallet service only?

Please help me if you have experience in this field. Thank you.
This is the link to the wallet that I mentioned: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4582763.msg41338130#msg41338130

I believe that a mistake in choosing a wallet can really pose a threat to your savings. I prefer to work with reliable hardware wallets, usually they are simple and safe to use.

In Bitcoin we Trust!!!
nniecan001

Activity: 322
Merit: 21

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 06:48:54 AM

Hi everyone, I found a service announcement of new wallet platform few days ago in our forum.
Their introduction and vision stated in the post seems to be great and it also attracts me a lot.
Can I lose my coins by choosing wrong wallet or they can never stole any coin because they just provide wallet service only?

This is the link to the wallet that I mentioned: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4582763.msg41338130#msg41338130

I already visit the link above and it seems interesting at some point. But I always stick on my local wallet which is coins.ph. Also, I use MEW for my alternative coins for the reason of high security service and it's quality too ( by fast transaction and other thing ) . Well, avoid those interesting one and use the trusted one for good. It obviously answered you titled question " can I lose my coins by choosing a wrong wallet?", a big YES!
ovinna

Activity: 81
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 07:43:47 AM

I don't know situations with such problems at all so  I can say that it is impossible. There is only one way of your loss and it is your wrong decision about investing or buying which will be the reason of these losses. I am sure that you can lose money only in this case.
annaorlova

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 01:05:01 PM

Of course! If new storages save your tokens on their wallets, this is a very risky way to store cryptocurrency. In this case, you do not have private access keys, which is not proof of your ownership. MyEtherWallet is the only one we can trust. + Jaxx, Metamask.
smutexar

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 06:21:50 PM

Yes, such a statement is really correct. An error in choosing a wallet may be fraught with the loss of all its money on it. Therefore, you need to be careful about choosing the right wallet you trust the public. Responsibly treat this issue to protect your assets.
oktana

Activity: 1610
Merit: 282

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2018, 06:30:20 PM

You have to learn more about wallet applications until you can ascertain for yourself whether we will be safe to keep some valuable assets that we have if it has been proven to be safe enough to store a number of tokens so there is no harm in using it but if it is not safe enough, leave it because there are still many safer new wallet.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Pokemon Go

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 06:32:06 PM

Of course you can, because if we have sent our coin to the wallet then we cannot cancel it in just one second, so if you want to send a coin I recommend attention to the wallet you want to send the coin.
Pffrt

Activity: 1372
Merit: 322

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 06:42:17 PM

You might have lose your coin if someone aims to do so via a new wallet. Through that wallet, someone can easily hace access to your wallet. So, it's better to check their source code and find out some opinion.
Zeke_23

Activity: 868
Merit: 333

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 06:44:16 PM

yes you might lose all your coins if you choose a wrong wallet, or a scam wallet which is actually alarming. you must be wise of choosing one, especially look for the link if there are something wrong, or if it is an app, you should look first at the feedback.

AMEPAY
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
│▌
AME TRADE HERE
▄██████▄ ▀██████▄
█████████  ▀█████
███████▀     ▀███
██████▀  ▄█▄  ▀██
██████▄  ▀█▀  ▄██
███████▄     ▄███
█████████  ▄█████
▀██████▀ ▄██████▀
AME TRADE HERE
   ▐███▄
   ████▌
▐██████████▄
████████████
 ████▌  █████
▐████  ▄████
██████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀
▐│
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
chokomenia

Activity: 364

take & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 06:48:15 PM

To be on the safe side, I will advise you stay away from using the wallet just yet until they have stable wallet been confirmed by many people, been a new wallet, they will be experiencing some bugs with they will fix over time, to to avoid losing your coins, use already well known wallets. 

Downloaded

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 08:01:40 PM

Definitely - this statement is correct. A mistake in choosing a wallet can lead to a loss of money. I have already encountered a similar problem myself. Worked with a wallet that does not support a private key, in the end did not get its coins. So, beforehand, study the functional and reviews of a particular wallet for work.
cryptosuotor

Activity: 106
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2018, 08:10:49 PM

Yes there is every possibility for you to lose your coin when you choose the wrong wallet, more especially when people have access to the private key.
Pain Packer

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 08:11:18 PM

Take care on choosing wallets. Existing wallets are secure at this moment but you can be knick buy fraudster by giving you some phishing sites thus getting all your deposited coins. It is still good to choose MEW and WAVES as along as it is ERC-20 token.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]              
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬    
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
alt-fire

Activity: 602
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2018, 08:13:51 PM

it is very easy to lose a crypto currency. you need to be very careful and careful. check everything several times
AAlex48

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 08:16:52 PM

Maybe if it's not quite official.But here it is not from the purse that depends, but on attentiveness.
Osaaah

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 08:32:23 PM

The truth is most wallet are not very secured for storing of tokens. Many do not have two factor authenticator and other security features that will deprive hackers from stealing hence not very secured storing tokens.
isen

Activity: 854
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 08:36:40 PM

There are many hacked extensions that steal our passwords right under our eyes. And by the time you learn that you are hacked, it may be too late. It takes care not about choosing a wallet but about security in general.
erox

Activity: 308
Merit: 106

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 08:37:54 PM

If you choose an untrusted, unprotected wallet, you will naturally lose your coins. That wallet you're advising is, in my opinion, good.

NAVIBRATION  -  feel your way   |   The way of knowing the world, reinvented
▬▬   WHITEPAPER   :   ONE PAGER   ▶  WATCH INTRO
FACEBOOK   ●   TWITTER   ●   TELEGRAM   ●   LINKEDIN   ●   YOUTUBE
Mysteryla

Activity: 420
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 11:49:14 PM
Merited by heritage35 (1)

When a service is introduced to you for the first time,it is always good to test the authenticity first. Since you already transferred your fund in there, just withdraw it and do your findings first before returning the fund back to the wallet.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: