Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 01:34:49 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I lose my coins by choosing wrong wallet?  (Read 3214 times)
weertgilders

Activity: 107
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 08:43:35 AM

Choosing a secure wallet is advised to store all your assets because digital assets or cryptocurrency are very much vulnerable to attacks if they are not stored in a secure wallet.
Jateng

Activity: 1323
Merit: 152

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 08:46:47 AM

Hi everyone, I found a service announcement of new wallet platform few days ago in our forum.
Their introduction and vision stated in the post seems to be great and it also attracts me a lot.
However, I still wonder whether I can trust that new wallet.
Can I lose my coins by choosing wrong wallet or they can never stole any coin because they just provide wallet service only?

Yes of course you can lose your coin if you make a wrong decision in choosing a wallet. Of course everyone who will advertise their product will only show its good side. It will not tell you that they will steal your coin. Thats funny. In order to discover more about the wallet , try to find a topic in bitcointalk.org that talks about the wallet then read the comments to the threads. For sure there will be comments regarding issues and good news about the wallet.

ziyush

Activity: 406
Merit: 76

Crypto Lovers

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 08:49:10 AM

I prefer hardware wallet only or paper wallet , instead of using any online wallet keep you money in binance wallet
or better keep your money in official coin wallet

Baimovic

Activity: 1210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 09:50:38 AM

Of course you could specially if the wallet is not safe and secure.
Be sure to always use a trusted wallet for me it is much more safer to use Myetherwallet for all of my ERC20 tokens .
Yes, Wallets are vulnerable to hacking, so there is a possibility of losing coins. therefore it's better to use a wallet that is proven safe. Myetherwallet is a wallet that I used from now and now and I have never had a serious problem using it.

Altryist
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1340

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 09:55:36 AM

Yes, of course, you need to use already proven services, and avoid everything new and untested. Even the most reliable protected exchanges are subjected to attacks and hacks that already talk about wallets. Nobody can provide full protection and no one can give a 100% guarantee of protection either, but the bank does not provide complete protection against robbery.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
kavita16
Copper Member

Activity: 83

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2018, 09:56:37 AM

Yes, If you choose the wrong wallet, you will lose your coins but you can also lose your coins incorrect wallet if someone steals your private key so always save your key at the safest place.

Adhichan

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 10:00:47 AM

Yes, If you choose the wrong wallet, you will lose your coins but you can also lose your coins incorrect wallet if someone steals your private key so always save your key at the safest place.

so we should always to make sure and double check wallet that used.and also to avoid big mistake we could test by using small amount in our send transaction.after its confirmed we could use big amount.
Correlll

Activity: 310
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 10:14:47 AM

Yes for sure, you need to check all the available wallets and if you want to stay safe for 100 percent, than buy yourself a cold wallet. Ledger or something else, and do not be afraid to lose your coins. And NEVER provide your private key to anyone.
nikolay-udvl

Activity: 79

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 10:26:01 AM

Choosing a secure wallet is advised to store all your assets because digital assets or cryptocurrency are very much vulnerable to attacks if they are not stored in a secure wallet.
The best option for storage is standalone wallets or semi-Autonomous. Do not skimp on the safety of personal savings.
BobBct

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 11:21:44 AM

Definitely. because as a example if you send eth to an BTC wallet it will more in likely to be gone because eth and btc are using different blockchains which makes it almost impossible if you send your coins to a different blockchain.
anth36jian

Activity: 173
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 09:27:37 AM

The risk is here but it is so low that risks are higher that you will lose money thanks to your wrong move with them. So just be careful and money will be saved.
Lyd

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 09:39:43 AM

I think all the wallets are safe right now but it is our job to make sure how safe we are keeping our personal information. I am using myetherwallet.
Cmoh

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 09:43:25 AM

Yes, definitely you can lose your coin by choosing the wrong wallet. One of the wallet name I do not recommend that is SpectrCoin which is very compromised. So, guys never choose this wallet to keep your digital currency.
khan149
Copper Member

Activity: 463
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 07:36:59 PM

When they get access to your own personal crucial your gold coin could be dropped. incidentally I simply examine the hyperlink as well as I will begin to see the main distinction in between their own wallet and also the therefore known as 'traditional wallet' may be the deal charge which was pointed out to become really low within their personal situation along with other wallet tend to be colored to become higher. I'll prefer to understand how reduced their own deal charge as well as perform they have the cheapest deal charge from just about all obtainable wallet. they are extremely important last but not least I believe you ought to be careful about thinking about brand new wallet without having customers evaluation.
memFISTO

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 11:13:21 AM

Untill you are the only person which has access to you private key, there is no way to steal your coins. In other way, you cannot be sure for 100%.
danfred

Activity: 304

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 11:55:56 AM

Every coin is dedicated to certain wallet. You may loose tokens if you will choose the app that is not reliable enough, that is the only option.
aioc

Activity: 2940
Merit: 567

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 12:02:41 PM

Yes there is fraud wallet, please check the scam announcement to see a lot of complaints about the fake wallet, be sure that you are only using trusted and with good reviews wallet, don't try to use wallets that do not have reviews from other users, it's your money to protect it by educating yourself.

DominickA86

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 12:08:09 PM

Just use a simple MEW and stay safe with your private key. You can also hodl some savings on the trusted exchanges. Or you can buy a Ledger wallet to be 100 percent safe. But I prefer just a regular MEW wallet.
Mainman08

Activity: 406

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 12:08:33 PM

Even though you use a good wallet. The safety of your coins is always depends on you. But there are truly some people that will do anything to get your coins. So don't easily trust some people or website and links that sent to you.

delton22

Activity: 345

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2018, 01:15:01 PM

In so many cases the answer is yes. There are some exchanges or Blockchains that will revert the transaction and send back your coin to you, while in most cases the coin will be gone for good
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: