Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 08:19:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can any other crypto replace bitcoin?  (Read 799 times)
Donned

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

Distributed Credit Chain

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 02:29:58 PM

I don't think any token can get to the top. ,
Bitcoin's current status is good enough that most projects can only get close to it and not surpass it.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
newgal2017

Activity: 337
Merit: 15

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 02:52:10 PM

BTC is the foundation coin of all cryptocurrency. Thus, the value of altcoins are very dependent upon the value state of BTC. I think that it is possible for an altcoin to have a higher price than BTC yet, I cannot say that BTC can be replaced by ant other cryptocurrency given the identity and commemoration it has made in the industry.
Happydd

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 03:02:59 PM

In the electronic money market there are now many currencies that compete with bitcoin. ETH is considered a formidable opponent of bitcoin but not able to overcome bitcoin. I do not think there is any code that can replace bitcoin. This is the first successful electronic currency.
sashulya7979

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 03:10:19 PM

now you can not see serious rivals at the bitkin! but I'm sure that they will soon appear with a big capitalization! we need such competitors, only so the crypto market can at least somehow stabilize! at the appearance of such crypto coins, the market will not sharply fall or grow from the price of bitcoin! it's hard to say now who could roughly compete! because in a few years the top 20 have been constantly changing!
miyaka26

Activity: 476
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 03:10:35 PM

Leading cryptocurrency bitcoin is still dominant to the market and still remaining to the first spot through-out the years of its existence even ETH and other altcoins developed, in order to replace bitcoin they need to have the community, supporters and adopters like bitcoin but any of them did not surpass it up until now, some altcoins may possess innovating and revolutionary features but still bitcoin is the leading one.

HuyenTKB9

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 03:19:17 PM

There are many cryptocurrencies out there, the fluctuation is wide and big. There’s a need of a coin that uses a process to stabilize its value.

No doubt that there is no other cryptocurrency or altcoin that can supersede the bitcoin. At least not for the next 5-10 years. Of course there are many rising competitors like Ethereum, ripple and litecoin.

Do you agree???

Ripple is centralized so it absolutely cannot replace Bitcoin
Litecoin is a little brother of bitcoin and also cannot replace bitcoin
Ethereum was not born to the same purpose as bitcoin => will not replace bitcoin.

I think bitcoin is good enough except scaling problem. The DEV team is working on it to find solutions, Lightning network is an example.
CryptoSkBoss

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 03:22:51 PM

In my opinion no in near future any other crypto can not replace bitcoin but ethereum can compete bitcoin.
Jansaa

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 03:23:48 PM

Bitcoin is only a successful product based on Blockchain technology! Bitcoin can be replaced by any altcoin! For digital money and blockchain technology is the key!
ironman2014

Activity: 266

ImmVRse | Disrupting the VR industry

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 05:52:03 PM

There are many cryptocurrencies out there, the fluctuation is wide and big. There’s a need of a coin that uses a process to stabilize its value.

No doubt that there is no other cryptocurrency or altcoin that can supersede the bitcoin. At least not for the next 5-10 years. Of course there are many rising competitors like Ethereum, ripple and litecoin.

Do you agree???
For now I don't see a serious compatibility bitcoin which will have an ability to overcome it or replace it from the first place on the market, there are some good projects but not that level as Bitcoin. Maybe in the future will be developed something like that.

cchub

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

Migranet ITO

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 05:54:24 PM

Do you agree???

I personally believe proof-of-work was a great method to reach consensus for the first blockchain ever, but I don't really believe this is going to be the standard for the years to come. I believe proof of stake or similar consensus methods are going to prevail.

❉❉❉ Migranet ❉❉❉  [MIGRATION。SIMPLIFIED 。]
▐| Global immigrationpowered by AI & blockchain |▌
TELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOKYOUTUBEINSTREAGRAM
Thanushka47

Activity: 350

quarkchain.io

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 06:11:03 PM

Although there are some alternate coins which have the potential to be prominent in the Crypto market, replacing Bitcoin isn't an easy thing to do. Most of the altcoins are depending on the Bitcoin and without bitcoin, they can't progress.
lelou

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 06:16:04 PM

Any coin in the top 50 can replace bitcoin as long as they can fill all bitcoin's deficiency and if the community will support the use of it.
rvlrshr

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 06:23:55 PM

It would take more time to surpass the price and the technology on Bitcoin since it was the founder or the King of all coins, without Bitcoin everything won't exist as well. So it would be hard for altcoins to surpass bitcoin.
JibadeDotun

Activity: 48

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 06:31:26 PM

Nothing last for ever they say, A coin that is currently existing or yet to exist can replace the bitcoin and the king of crytpocurrency if and only if it can work on all the deficiency bitcoin exhibit. It won't be an easy one but if we have a very efficient coin, it will surely take alot of time, but it might, and might just overtake the almighty bitcoin.
Findingnemo

Activity: 2380
Merit: 799

Bitcoin = Financial freedom

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 06:34:27 PM

Theoritically it is possible,but I don't think it will become possible because bitcoin got so much of trust when comparing other crypto currencies so its dominance level is always high so it will be always the king of the market.In case if some coin can convince the investors that it has more potential when compared to bitcoin then it maybe possible.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
View ArchiveReport to moderator
santiPOGI

Activity: 1004
Merit: 111

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 06:35:00 PM

YES, any cryptocurrency can replace bitcoin.
but they can't do it as they can't beat bitcoins popularity and demand.
everyone wants to replace BTC but noone can.
hridoyb

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 08:42:22 PM

Do you agree???
No, bitcoin is the most powerful and valuable coin on the crypto world. You must be seen that all market and crypto coin depends on bitcoin price so its impossible to replace other coins. But eth,waves ,ripple ,litecoin will be most valuable on crypto market so try to buy this coin and hold .

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ██████████████▄▄▄
       ▐███████████████████▀
       ████████████████▀▀
                    ▀
                            ▄▄
      ███████████       ▄▄████
     ▐██████████▌      ███████
     ███████████      ███████▀
    ▐██████▌         ███████▀
    ███████       ▄▄███████▀
   ▐██████████████████████▀
  ▄█████████████████████▀
▄██████████████████▀▀▀
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
██████▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
abdullahahmed

Activity: 59

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 10:13:04 AM

There are some cryptocurrencies that hope to replace bitcoin such as ethereum , ripple and more but I don't think any of them can replace bitcoin in the future.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 10:15:37 AM

There are some cryptocurrencies that hope to replace bitcoin such as ethereum , ripple and more but I don't think any of them can replace bitcoin in the future.

you just named two of the worst coins that will never even come close to bitcoin let alone be able to replace it. there are at least a dozen other coins with good technology that have the potential to do that but you are blind to them because shitcoins like ETH are overly advertised and pumped.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
barsametu01

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 05:46:56 PM

From my perspective I think its impossible because btc is the father of crypto currency based on this they are holding 1st positions in them market also it is giving good facilities to their customers but If we think about eth then it has that chances but its very tough to reach their place.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: