Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 05:59:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can any other crypto replace bitcoin?  (Read 785 times)
nunibanuni

Activity: 109
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2018, 04:54:35 AM

Technology wise there are a lot of coins now that are better than bitcoin but still we cant argue the fact the bitcoin is still the king. So far i dont see any coins replacing bitcoin in terms of popularity and demand.
richjohn

Activity: 574
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 04:56:32 AM

With respect to the overall marketcap, it isn't possible for any coin in near term to replace Bitcoin. Bitcoin enjoys the first mover advantage and hence, has an important place in cryptos when it comes to investing and hodling. Bitcoin will surely get replaced by some utility token but in long term. I don't think any coin is going to replace BTC in short term.
auroboros

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 05:00:15 AM

For now it might be difficult to replace Bitcoin positions, and for the time being, maybe Ethereum can compete with Bitcoin. But if we look at current prices, it might still be too far to conclude
asongotan

Activity: 141

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 05:07:44 AM

There are many cryptocurrencies out there, the fluctuation is wide and big. There’s a need of a coin that uses a process to stabilize its value.

No doubt that there is no other cryptocurrency or altcoin that can supersede the bitcoin. At least not for the next 5-10 years. Of course there are many rising competitors like Ethereum, ripple and litecoin.

Do you agree???
I agree with you, it takes a long time to be able to match BTC, and in my opinion if at any time there are those who match my BTC, it will be only Ethereum who can be, because all this time Ethereum is often used by the majority of projects, that's all
boljul

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2018, 05:10:10 AM

It is a difficult question. In my opinion for present moment we don't have any altcoins that can replace Bitcoin. The are still weak as market shows:)
Ragnar Lothbrok

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 05:24:48 AM

I think it's possible, because I see a lot of crypto coins that have very good functions and have the opportunity to replace bitcoin.
lepbagong

Activity: 2310
Merit: 121

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 05:52:41 AM

For now it might be difficult to replace Bitcoin positions, and for the time being, maybe Ethereum can compete with Bitcoin. But if we look at current prices, it might still be too far to conclude

Ethereum is indeed currently one of the best but indeed if it is possible to replace bitcoin it may not be and it will certainly be difficult.

tifani05

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 06:14:18 AM

There are many cryptocurrencies out there, the fluctuation is wide and big. There’s a need of a coin that uses a process to stabilize its value.

No doubt that there is no other cryptocurrency or altcoin that can supersede the bitcoin. At least not for the next 5-10 years. Of course there are many rising competitors like Ethereum, ripple and litecoin.

Do you agree???

I don't think anyone can replace bitcoin, let alone ripple, we all know that the ripple has fallen and I don't think ripple will survive. and for 5-10 years, bitcoin will still exist.
Wysi

Activity: 1624
Merit: 261

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 06:31:02 AM

Do you agree???

I don't think anyone can replace bitcoin, let alone ripple, we all know that the ripple has fallen and I don't think ripple will survive. and for 5-10 years, bitcoin will still exist.

Yes you are correct no one can replace bitcoin as bitcoin is the first and primary cryptocurrency and whenever someone talks about crypto bitcoin is the first thing which comes to our mind. Ethreum have a chance to compete with bitcoin but still long ways to go and only time will decide whether ethreum will compete with bitcoin or merge with it in future.

Jannat76

Activity: 111
Merit: 12

King of My own World

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 06:35:29 AM

I see this question much of the time and my answer is always the same - Nothing. And why should it?

The US Dollar, Euro have not been replaced by Bitcoin. In fact, there are hundreds of forms of fiat currency, and at least a thousand forms of crypto-currency currently circulating at this moment. Every ha its own esteem, every ha its own particular reason.

Bitcoin was created as a way for the people to take control of their money from the governments and banks so that individuals can finally, after 10,000 years of evolution, We The People can truly be in charge of our own money, our own destiny.

So, again, NOTHING will replace  BITCOIN is here to stay. Other coins will come, and some will go; others may even outperform the popularity and value of BITCOIN; but none will take its place.
dizzy1996

Activity: 854
Merit: 102

MoonDeFi

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 06:38:41 AM

Of course not. Bitcoin is the first and most common currency, so it will always be better than the last ones. And plus this is more stable

► MoonDefi ◄ ♦ Decentralised Protocol For Automated Liquidity ♦ ► MoonDefi ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit
nguyenthienn

Activity: 17

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 06:39:16 AM

Nowadays, eth is not a bad coin, it is with bitcoin dominating the virtual currency world
Fedoracoins

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 07:19:51 AM

I fully agree that bitcoin has its own difficulties and problems. But I also do not understand what should happen to bitcoin has ceased to be the main coin. I'm not sure that's ever going to happen, even though I love Ethereum and for me the number one coin is Ethereum.
fortelen

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 07:32:28 AM

Although many potential altcoins have the greater technology, for now, they still cannot replace the Bitcoin as its value. The value of Bitcoin is still the biggest one,so far, no altcoin can reach that value. even though the Ethereum that is considered having big potential, I think that this will need more times for the coins to jump as high as the BTC.

whitepaper[large]DataBloc [/large]| website
The Airbnb of Data Services

[small]Twitter | YouTube | Telegram | Facebook | LinkedIn | Reddit[/small]
tobatz23

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 07:33:30 AM

In my opinion no matter how many years would come there still no any other cryptocurrency or altcoin that can replace bitcoin. Still bitcoin is bitcoin and altcoin is altcoin..
DumbLefty

Activity: 412
Merit: 100

The Protocol for the Audience Economy

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 07:43:08 AM

You may be right but for cryptocurrency five years is just a huge time. I think that in five years everything can cardinally change.  I don't make long plans.

sdshd

Activity: 125

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 07:44:28 AM

I think this is a question without a standard answer, because we can't predict what will happen in the future. I think there is a possibility that a coin will surpass the existence of Bitcoin, defeat Bitcoin as the leader of cryptocurrency, or it may be 100 years. No coins beyond Bitcoin
Vasya

Activity: 167
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 07:46:05 AM

In the electronic currency advertise there are presently numerous monetary standards that rival bitcoin. ETH is viewed as a considerable adversary of bitcoin yet not ready to defeat bitcoin. I don't think there is any code that can supplant bitcoin. This is the primary fruitful electronic cash.
Btcirene88

Activity: 214
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 07:56:07 AM

In cryptocurrency generation i think there is no other cryptocoin that can replace bitcoin. This is because bitcoin is made in unique forms which is first decentralized currency, and then this coins that exits in altcoins are purely a copy coins that depends only in bitcoin now a days.

═══▦▦═══  4ARTECHNOLOGIES ═══▦▦═══
ICO TOKEN SALE IS NOW OPEN TO INVESTORS (https://www.4art-technologies.com)
Don Lord

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 09:12:56 AM

I think that there is no such coin which will replace bitcoin, it is the most important coin, the founder of all coins so in my opinion it is arguments.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: