Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 04:42:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin banned in Sri Lanka  (Read 3181 times)
dark1234

Activity: 1134
Merit: 167

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 01:35:47 AM

this is bad news for Cryptocurrency ASIA because it adds a line of countries that forbids crypto and I am sure SRILANGKA may not be ready and just waiting for time so they can understand cryptocurrency and this news will change

bp.comp69

Activity: 180
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 02:28:53 AM

Last past months Sri Lanka's Main Bank (Bank of Ceylon) was banned cryptocurrencies in Sri Lanka. What do you think is the reason for that ? Huh

the state that forbids the bitcoin I think the country is a fool, the government wants a productive economy for the people but they ban bitcoin because they think bitcoin will reduce the economic numbers in the country, but I hope someday they will join in bitcoin.
Giardina

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 02:45:39 AM

Last past months Sri Lanka's Main Bank (Bank of Ceylon) was banned cryptocurrencies in Sri Lanka. What do you think is the reason for that ? Huh
If some nation want to progress, they will have to accept crypto.
Agree with your comments. All countries that banned Bitcoin is countries poor and small. They want to develop, but they think that Bitcoin and cryptocurrency will make their economies go down. But I hope in the future, these countries will have positive thoughts about Bitcoin

All right, progress can not be stopped and it scares many..I also very much hope that in the near future the governments banning bitcoin will understand the importance of cryptocurrency and open their country for development.

poletando

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

PlayGame.com

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 02:50:32 AM

i think that the government want to make sure that the money in the country is managed by the central bank to make sure that the inflation, because in bitcoin transaction the government can't watch the owner of the address because the bitcoin transaction is anonymously

──────⟩   PLAYGAME   ⟨──────
Whitepaper Powering real economy in the gaming world Onepager
Telegram ENG / IND Group Channel ⟩──MediumTwitterYouTube
BitcoinMarshal

Activity: 756
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 02:51:04 AM

If some nation want to progress, they will have to accept crypto.
Agree with your comments. All countries that banned Bitcoin is countries poor and small. They want to develop, but they think that Bitcoin and cryptocurrency will make their economies go down. But I hope in the future, these countries will have positive thoughts about Bitcoin

All right, progress can not be stopped and it scares many..I also very much hope that in the near future the governments banning bitcoin will understand the importance of cryptocurrency and open their country for development.
This is very poor decision by Sri Lankan government because this country is heaven for tourists and they are now becoming one of best countries after long civil war but stopping technology is not going to help them they need to think about this and give good opportunities to youngsters for proving them in past few months all other Saarc countries also ban bitcoin and cryptocurrencies
yayat

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 06:01:34 AM

It is hereby notified that CBSL has not provided licenses or authorization to any Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs).

Published Date:
Monday, April 16, 2018

that is an excerpt from this article https://www.cbsl.gov.lk/en/news/public-awareness-on-virtual-currencies-in-sri-lanka

I think in Sri Lanka it does not prohibit for Bitcoin transactions, it's just that they give a warning. and the warning is not the same as forbidding / banned .
Amokomowo2005

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2018, 06:42:11 AM

This not a good news, now that we have been looking for news that will make the bull market returns back, most of this country will still unban it after seeing the future the blockchain hold.

ELONCITY    ❱ ❱ ❱ ❱    Power The world for FREE!
Public Sale Coming Soon  │  https://eloncity.io/
Himanshu111

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 09:40:10 PM

There are other countries too like Sri Lanka 🇱🇰 who has banned crypto currencies in their nation and for instance is India 🇮🇳 and many more and there are still many countries who are still neutral with the legalisation of bitcoin but there are very few countries who has legalised it and allowed bitcoin transactions in their nation and those who has legalised it are now finding bitcoin a very better currency because now they are able to get the real potential of bitcoin and I am sure that these countries will also understand this thing.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 10:00:46 PM

It is hereby notified that CBSL has not provided licenses or authorization to any Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs).

Published Date:
Monday, April 16, 2018

that is an excerpt from this article https://www.cbsl.gov.lk/en/news/public-awareness-on-virtual-currencies-in-sri-lanka

I think in Sri Lanka it does not prohibit for Bitcoin transactions, it's just that they give a warning. and the warning is not the same as forbidding / banned .
Thanks for the link so it only means that they are giving warning to the people that crypto's are totally risky.

If there is another link that's latest to this link kindly provide it so that we know on what's really happening on Sri Lanka.
Khalp1

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 02:27:42 PM

I think Sri Lanka's Main Bank (Bank of Ceylon) does not want to compete with people being their own banks.Most of the bankers are oblivious about Bitcoin and how as they put it the whole Bitcoin economy works. Scanty knowledge is prevalent amongst bankers. Very few really understand how the Blockchain works and what it means for bankers.
kotajikikox

Activity: 2422
Merit: 214

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 02:33:31 PM

Are you sure that Sri Lanka's Bank of Ceylon banned bitcoin? I'm looking for an article that has this news but the results are poor.

This is one of their latest statement: April 16,2018.

Public Awareness on Virtual Currencies in Sri Lanka

They are giving warning to their people but there's no ban.

That's true mate the author of this topic was making fake news i don't what is the reason making fake news and to make panic in the cryptocurrency community, that's i always advice to all people don't listen to fuds always investigate first.

Malintha1996

Activity: 205

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 03:27:32 PM

I am a Sri Lankan too.As far as I concern such a thing did not happen.However recently government announced that the virtual currency usage and awareness of people about it in the country  has increased.But no action has been taken against bitcoin so far.
In addition to that I heard the news that a private banking system is going to integrate crypto currency supported system in to their system soon.So it is less probable bitcoin to be banned in Sri Lanka.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
arc67583

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 03:31:59 PM

Yest they might do that at least they might make restrictions for some extend because they believe the same thing like the Indian Government that more criminals will be able to launder and hide there money and I think that is not reasonable because even without cryptocurrencies they are doing that fine. But yet there are no exact rules or regulations that has introduced recently by the Sri Lankan Government regarding such matters unless some warnings and awareness programs.  
ogabonny

Activity: 102

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 03:34:26 PM

They are scared of losing control of money, that people will move theri funds away from the banks and invest it in cryptocurrencies, it was a bad move by the government.
ogabonny

Activity: 102

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 03:36:32 PM

Published Date:
Monday, April 16, 2018

That makes more sense if they do not prohibit people from buying cryptos, only offering responsible advice to investors in crypto assets, that they are very risky.
isidrorex

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 04:30:47 PM

It is saddening to know and  hear news like this one that says about a particular country banning Bitcoin and doesn't support and believe in what Cryptocurrency can bring and offer to the country if only they would adapt change and start to be educated about the Rise of Cryptocurrency around the world.
felixesteban

Activity: 294

World’s First Decentralized ICO Platform

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 01:14:00 AM

It appears that only a warning has been issued. In fact, many countries have not determined exactly what kind of attitude they are going to take. They seem confused about taxation in particular.

▐ █   CoinFast   |   World’s First Decentralized ICO Platform
●● ▬▬   Whitepaper   [  Join the Whitelist  ]   Telegram   ▬▬ ●●
Facebook   Instagram   Twitter   ANN Thread   Youtube   Medium
phanquan5111994

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 03:24:43 AM

Hello!!!
I do not really understand why Bitcoin is banned in Sri Lanka!
Maybe because some bank security issues in this country are hacked !!!
Probably because the economy has not developed much!
Also in my country (Vietnam) there are five Bitcoin ATM trees spring up and in the future will certainly more than that!
MatthewNaccarato

Activity: 116

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 05:39:14 PM

As far i know this news is not fully correct because Sri Lanka doesn't put ban on it the central bank has some problem regarding bitcoin but i think soon it will be solved.
tuturutmunding

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 07:49:16 PM

Indeed, many countries forbid the use of bitcoin so many and various reasons that I put forward, I think that is just the fear and panic of the government and the banks will reduce their punctuation because they are replaced by bitcoin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: