Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:28:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin banned in Sri Lanka  (Read 3181 times)
TARUN GUPTA

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 03:31:26 PM

IS IT TRUE THIS IS REALLY BAD NEWS.
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ojanamon

Activity: 63
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 04:01:39 PM

I don't know why many government don't accept bitcoin  it's now global digital currency and bitcoin popularity increase day by day. If that news is true then this is sad news
Heruwa

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 04:13:25 PM

Are you sure that Sri Lanka's Bank of Ceylon banned bitcoin? I'm looking for an article that has this news but the results are poor.

This is one of their latest statement: April 16,2018.

Public Awareness on Virtual Currencies in Sri Lanka

They are giving warning to their people but there's no ban.

Many countries provide similar statements, not prohibit but warn the public to invest in bitcoin has a big risk, and this is the government's concern about the economic value of the community.
takihaha

Activity: 43

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 04:15:49 PM

they totally do not know how it could benefit them as a country. i do not think it will be long before they find out that they need cryptocurrency in their country.
jaymmagne

Activity: 602
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 04:43:12 PM

That's a sad news for all of us in bitcoin. Every time their will be a bad news will make the price of Bitcoin goes low. Hope this will rise soon!.
pragna

Activity: 1582
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 04:56:53 PM

Last past months Sri Lanka's Main Bank (Bank of Ceylon) was banned cryptocurrencies in Sri Lanka. 

Awareness and banned are not the same thing sir. Awareness means that government must thinking about this. At present time they thinking BTC may misused by the people but i think when another big house government will accepted this they may accepted this. Be a positive man.
spyderbilt

Activity: 320
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 05:14:52 PM

I think the Sri Lanka government has a strong statement as to why bitcoin was banned in Sri Lanka, but also the effect of Sri Lanka being banned does not have a significant effect on the way Bitcoin is on cryptocurrency. so that is not a problem.
gaurav82

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 05:23:05 PM

Everyday I hear the news about Bitcoin. Some are bad and some are good. If it is bad for country then why develop countries are accepting it. There are more ico are still coming. I think if develop countries will accept it then other countries have to accept.
ParveZ219

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 05:49:05 PM

Last past months Sri Lanka's Main Bank (Bank of Ceylon) was banned cryptocurrencies in Sri Lanka. What do you think is the reason for that ? Huh

I think the main reason of banning is that bitcoin transaction cant be traced.. it is mostly used by drug peddlers and gun smugglers so maybe for this reason many countries are banning Bitcoins.
orayorayan2

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 06:14:55 PM

maybe the banking players in the country are afraid that the cryptocurrency will shift and defeat so that they will suffer losses because they are unable to compete, other than that the government in the country may intervene for fear of many illegal problems that will be caused by the use of cripto currencies and it shows unpreparedness they accept change
kucing garong

Activity: 106
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 07:47:48 PM

As we know, many countries have banned Crypto. With many reasons, maybe one of them is afraid that crypto itself will compete with the value of the country's currency. And issues like this have been many among this forum.
Pump N Dead

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 07:21:01 AM

Last past months Sri Lanka's Main Bank (Bank of Ceylon) was banned cryptocurrencies in Sri Lanka. What do you think is the reason for that ? Huh
I won't be surprise if the banks banned cryptocurrency transactions because they are the one who are directly affected in using cryptocurrency. Imagine if all the people use cryptocurrency, you don't need a bank at all and the best of it is that you are in control of your money and not the bank.
rajesharora002

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 07:46:30 AM

i cleared in this  topic that bank of sri lanka banned bitcoin transation throw bank like india.this not banned on bitcoin .becouse no body banned on bitcoin. some contries allow bitcoin and some not allow bitcoin.
Persiontateneis

Activity: 45

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 08:28:07 AM

We cant say it is ban in Sri Lanka as there is no official announcement by the government of the nation.But they need to do more research about it as it will help to boost economy of underdeveloped and developing nations in a positive manner.
burky156

Activity: 658
Merit: 112

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 09:15:03 AM

I think thats not end of the world. Sri Lanka is small island country which have 20 million population. And the people of Sri Lanka are quite poor.. So it wouldn't make any difference if they ban or not. The main think is the biggest countries. When the usage get larger, the market would go higher and higher..
quocsi

Activity: 360
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 09:24:59 AM

This is really bad. They probably want to protect the interests of the banks and issue a ban. This is a grape country and they can not stop the negative issues from the bitcoin that have brought their economies. I really feel sorry for investors from this country.

beami

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

VANM - VIRAL ADVERTISING NETWORK MINING

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 09:57:15 AM

I think thats not end of the world. Sri Lanka is small island country which have 20 million population. And the people of Sri Lanka are quite poor.. So it wouldn't make any difference if they ban or not. The main think is the biggest countries. When the usage get larger, the market would go higher and higher..

It is true, there is no effect with the development of bitcoin if Sri Lanka prohibits bitcoin from growing in its country. I argue that later the Sri Lankan government will regret having banned bitcoin from developing. Bitcoin will continue to have value and continue to grow according to the development of internet technology.

bamine

Activity: 69

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 10:02:00 AM

Because they don't know what is bitcoin and cryptocurrencies. Lol they can't follow the trend.
thevlox

Activity: 179
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 02:42:23 PM

In many countries bitcoin has been banned. But bitcoin can be used in advanced countries. I think countries that are bitcoin banned are bulls.
Sithawaka

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 02:47:56 PM

I haven't seen Sri Lankan media organizations are announcing news regarding bitcoin or cryptocurrencies even negative or positive and that is maybe because major government or financial  organizations in Sri Lanka has no concern about the digital currency market and they are busy finding solutions to other problems in the country that are truly matters so I don't think any bad effect come from the government to use crypto assets locally at least during this period 

[ M O B U ] The Investment Bank of the Future
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
https://mobu.io/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: