Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:41:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin ATMs Worldwide  (Read 360 times)
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 6099

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 02:08:18 PM

Heh, Bitcoin debit cards used to go (*) to at least 2-3% conversion fee and 2-3% more to get to national currency. And those are not anonymous.
ATMs are considered anonymous and they have bigger operational costs too. So your 5% expectations are not realistic. (Of course, that doesn't mean that those fees are not way too big.)

Not necessarily. ATMs have a certain limit and some of them will ask you for passport (there is a camera in the ATM). There is of course a workaround, which is using another phone number.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 03:53:25 PM

Heh, Bitcoin debit cards used to go (*) to at least 2-3% conversion fee and 2-3% more to get to national currency. And those are not anonymous.
ATMs are considered anonymous and they have bigger operational costs too. So your 5% expectations are not realistic. (Of course, that doesn't mean that those fees are not way too big.)

Not necessarily. ATMs have a certain limit and some of them will ask you for passport (there is a camera in the ATM). There is of course a workaround, which is using another phone number.
This defeats the purpose in my opinion. The only reason I would personally actually buy or sell bitcoin with 9%-10% fees is for anonymity reasons(as it's almost impossible to find a local buyer/seller in my country). Requiring a passport on an ATM is probably overkill.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Oniko

Activity: 322
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 03:56:20 PM

In the US and Canada, strict legislation and at the same time they have installed more than 2700 ATM.

I think Asia and Europe should catch up with the US in terms of the number of ATMs
jayanath123

Activity: 130
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 04:22:30 PM

this is the good approached and good news for BTC, when the countries use money for BTC transactions.
Conasse

Activity: 336
Merit: 5

Culotte Jaune Officielle

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 04:31:04 PM

The sad thing is that most of them are just one way ATM's where you can buy Bitcoins. I feel all of the ATM's apart from USA and UK are one sided where you can only buy.

Yep, and also a lot of them have stopped due to the lack of interest in the ATM

Bouffe ma chatte, pas la planète!
Preclus

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 04:43:34 PM

Never had I expected of such good statistics of BTC ATMs worldwide. hope to see some in my country India soon. But before that I really hope we get to make India a bitcoin friendly nation soon  Tongue

Right now the situation in the country is really bad, RBI has released a statement banning the trading and investing in crypto coins. Even the leading Indian wallet Zebpay has announced discontinuation of its some of the prominent services of the bitcoin.

P.S.: BTC ATMs seem to be a dream for India right now.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2018, 04:47:45 PM

It's been a while since I've checked those stats, didn't realize there were so many, last time I check there were only like 1500 or so.
Would never use them myself though, the fees are way too high and it's a hassle as opposed to some of the local online exchanges we have here.

detector

Activity: 484
Merit: 124

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 04:48:48 PM

I can see my country still have 1 location because my government still against with cryptocurrency so they are not supporting cryptocurrency.
Whenever I got the problem, it's become my own responsibility.

Anyway, I'm also interest on how bitcoin ATM works since the distance between my home and ATM location is too far !
ajuelnah akun

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 05:12:35 PM

in Indonesia there are only two atco bitcoin sites in bali and in jakarta, and even then it is no longer exists.
because of government policies that prohibit payments using bitcoins.
Mofazzal840

Activity: 105

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 06:34:30 PM

Actually this is very interesting news to us.But unfortunately in our country does not exist yet.I hope that bitcoin ATM will set up within few years in our country .So we can hope about ATM of bitcoin. Smiley Smiley Smiley
boy130

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 06:43:22 PM

Outside of silicone valley, tel aviv, and perhaps a few other unusual locations around the world, I really don't think there is much of a demand for Bitcoin atms at the moment. I suspect it will be a long time before you can expect a Bitcoin ATM to receive any degree of major usage in most city centres.
siagh357

Activity: 143

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 06:44:11 PM

The charges and the price these ATMs offer is much higher than the average rate of bitcoins in any online exchange. I once used a bitcoin ATM in Brussels and the rate I got for withdrawal was about 5 percent less than the amount I would have convert my bitcoins to fiat on an exchange.  
lazygin006

Activity: 91

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 07:02:48 PM

Oh wow I did not expect there are so many Bitcoin ATM around to world. I am proud to be living in one of these countries. Not seen it around though but will definitely look out for it.
Bannednehlahmos

Activity: 37

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 07:54:36 PM

I do not understand what you mean by bitcoin as atm. How can
Liternyy

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 08:07:21 PM

The number of ATMs around the world continues to grow and today it has already exceeded 3,000. On average, 6 new cryptoautomatic machines are appearing every day in the world.Taking into account that a milestone of 1000 units was reached only 15 months ago, it can be concluded that during the entire 2017 and the first half of the current, 2018, the network was deployed at an accelerated pace, which indicates an unprecedented increase in the popularity of virtual currencies.
In this case, operators of similar machines remain in the clear advantage, even despite the high volatility of digital coins. Their fees for the transaction are on average 8-8,5%.
goodvibes05

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 08:18:27 PM

I didn't know there are 9 bitcoin atm in the Philippines.  I guess that is great because many countries already recognizes bitcoin. In the long those countries that ban cryptocurrency will also accept the usage of it and how beneficial bitcoin for many people.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Reddit        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
cizatext

Activity: 952
Merit: 41

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:10:27 PM

Any idea how many Bitcoin ATM are there worldwide? The statistic depicts the number of Bitcoin ATMs worldwide from January 2016 to April 2018, were 2,662 Bitcoin ATMs as of April 2018 globally.

United States (2131 locations)
Canada (593 locations)
Austria (202 locations)
United Kingdom (162 locations)
Russian Federation (62 locations)
Spain (58 locations)
Czech Republic (54 locations)
Australia (49 locations)
Italy (31 locations)
Switzerland (28 locations)
Slovakia (27 locations)
Netherlands (22 locations)
Poland (20 locations)
Finland (19 locations)
Hong Kong (17 locations)
Panama (13 locations)
Mexico (11 locations)
Slovenia (11 locations)
Japan (11 locations)
Colombia (11 locations)
Singapore (10 locations)
Philippines (9 locations)
Hungary (9 locations)
Romania (8 locations)
Belgium (8 locations)
Taiwan (7 locations)
Israel (7 locations)
Greece (7 locations)
Dominican Republic (7 locations)
Serbia (5 locations)
Croatia (5 locations)
Ukraine (5 locations)
Kosovo (4 locations)
South Africa (4 locations)
VietNam (4 locations)
Georgia (3 locations)
Malta (3 locations)
Kazakhstan (3 locations)
Guam (2 locations)
Chile (2 locations)
Norway (2 locations)
Portugal (2 locations)
Ecuador (2 locations)
France (2 locations)
New Zealand (2 locations)
Costa Rica (2 locations)
Estonia (2 locations)
Liechtenstein (2 locations)
Denmark (2 locations)
Malaysia (2 locations)
Aruba (1 location)
Barbados (1 location)
Brazil (1 location)
Zimbabwe (1 location)
Bulgaria (1 location)
Thailand (1 location)
Mongolia (1 location)
Ireland (1 location)
Djibouti (1 location)
Indonesia (1 location)
India (1 location)
Guatemala (1 location)
Iceland (1 location)
Jamaica (1 location)
Anguilla (1 location)
Cyprus (1 location)
Peru (1 location)
Lithuania (1 location)
South Korea (1 location)
Kenya (1 location)
San Marino (1 location)

I wish my country can make this list of countries with bitcoin ATM, having bitcoin ATM functioning in a country is a clear indications on how technically advance such country has become and that will go a long way to help grow the economy of such country and at the same time advancing the financial system of such country.
a4techer

Activity: 552
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:23:02 PM

I didn't notice that in my country already have 9 machine because as far as i know that only 1 but if we have that it nice and my country was already embrace and accept bitcoin world. But i didn't prefer to buy and withdraw in bitcoin ATM whp use these it was have a big different in value like for cash in and cash out correct me if im mistaken but i do must prefer to cash in and cash out in banks or some outlet because it was easy and my country some of banks was embracing the world of cryptocurrency.
ajqjjj

Activity: 1498
Merit: 507

Not your Keys, not your Bitcoin

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:39:01 PM

Bitcoin ATMs are not possible in entire world. So we should not consider this machine. But few top countries and cities are earn benefit for this possibilities and the list of countries are mention this thread it is really good sign in Bitcoin future.
So this will reach all over the world everyone celebrate that moment.

-support Bitcoin Community Bitcointalk.org-
Always verify wallet to store your Bitcoin
Donations are open, send PM
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 01:37:24 PM
Last edit: July 12, 2018, 02:50:09 PM by mjglqw

I do not understand what you mean by bitcoin as atm. How can

Basically an ATM whereas you can buy or sell bitcoin. You insert the fiat money, they the machine sends you BTC to your wallet; and vice versa.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin_ATM

Bitcoin ATMs are not possible in entire world. So we should not consider this machine. But few top countries and cities are earn benefit for this possibilities and the list of countries are mention this thread it is really good sign in Bitcoin future.
So this will reach all over the world everyone celebrate that moment.
So you're saying that we shouldn't use it because it's not possible to plant bitcoin ATMs everywhere? lol?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████