Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 07:48:16 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dont fall for Marks strategy. Read b4 making any trade decision.  (Read 4999 times)
theonewhowaskazu

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 07:32:09 AM

this is why i have removed mtgox from cryptocoincharts.info ! the price on mtgox is not a bitcoin price. its something completely different. nobody should bother about the prices on mtgox. but i guess pigs are stupid and all exchanges follow the downtrend

+1

We need to get gox out of the way, people are trading fiction goxbux and goxBTC, and go in goxbux because they think they have a bigger chance of recovering it.

It seems that Mark is working on BTC withdrawals, watch the price shoot to 1K as soon as BTC withdrawals work...

I was wondering it - it is not possible to withdrawn either btc or usd from Mt Gox? Initially i thought the problem was only with withdrawing btc and that that is why ppl were so desperately selling them ...

You can't withdraw either, the exchange is entirely fictional. If BTC was owned by a company, that company would be suing Mt. Gox for misrepresentation of a trademark Smiley

wobber
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 08:30:06 AM

Every single person that still had bitcoin on Gox, I'm not sorry to say, it's PLAIN STUPID.

If they had USD or other fiat, there were some chances to get out. Now, Mark has no power by his own. But with all this stupid, extra greedy and now fearful people, he will bring the price to 200. And what's even sad, while all his customers unwillingly and unknowingly help him, in the end they will all be sacrificed.

If you hate me, you can spam me here: 19wdQNKjnATkgXvpzmSrkSYhJtuJWb8mKs
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2014, 10:48:10 AM

Call it tin foil hats or whatever you like but the only one thats SURE to have benefits from this crash is Marks and his associates.

They terminate all withdrawals (btc/fiat), so now they can control the crash on their exchange.

As such, they will keep pushing down the price of their GOX btc and buy it up while selling them on other exchanges. They will keep doing it until your btc fund is practically worth nothing and they can happily allow you to withdraw your coins.

The question is..... are you their pigs getting slaughtered?

Edit: ALSO THE FACT THAT THEY STILL ALLOW BTC DEPOSIT does mean their slaughter house opens for pigs!!!

Now, where have I seen those blue balls before?

GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 10:49:54 AM

"I might have manipulated the markets just a little bit....."

LMAO

people who look like teddy bears tend to get away with a lot of stuff

seriouscoin (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 10:57:32 AM

LMAO

people who look like teddy bears tend to get away with a lot of stuff

I'm not so sure if he have that teddy bear looking when his customers come face to face with him asking for their coins back.

So far i'm very disappointed not ONE person that comes to their office and deal with Mark. Hey Mark blame automated transaction system is shutdown, he blame his wallet doesnt create standard tx.... right? What about a good old paper wallet payout + signed receipt ? Yeah not one person ask him that in person.....

This gives me one theory..... large btc holders on Gox are Marks friends and associate, thus they're not worried. The rest are newbies and panic pigs getting slaughtered.
Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1013

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2014, 11:15:36 AM

Call it tin foil hats or whatever you like but the only one thats SURE to have benefits from this crash is Marks and his associates.

They terminate all withdrawals (btc/fiat), so now they can control the crash on their exchange.

As such, they will keep pushing down the price of their GOX btc and buy it up while selling them on other exchanges. They will keep doing it until your btc fund is practically worth nothing and they can happily allow you to withdraw your coins.

The question is..... are you their pigs getting slaughtered?

Edit: ALSO THE FACT THAT THEY STILL ALLOW BTC DEPOSIT does mean their slaughter house opens for pigs!!!

Now, where have I seen those blue balls before?

FTFY

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 01:07:49 PM

now before anyone gets all uptight about me giving "advice" that can lose people money, this isn't advice. Its just what I believe and have believed throughout.

I think gox are solvent, I think the price there is due to panic selling, I think its a good opportunity to buy. I think it will be business as usual in the next week or so.

So its time for me to put my money where my mouth is.

Today I am putting (fiat) money on gox and buying coins. A 40%+ discount to stamp is hard to ignore. The risk is that a lose my principal.

Fiat money is pretty easy to come by though, so its not really much of a risk Smiley

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
T.Stuart

Activity: 644

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 01:09:51 PM

now before anyone gets all uptight about me giving "advice" that can lose people money, this isn't advice. Its just what I believe and have believed throughout.

I think gox are solvent, I think the price there is due to panic selling, I think its a good opportunity to buy. I think it will be business as usual in the next week or so.

So its time for me to put my money where my mouth is.

Today I am putting (fiat) money on gox and buying coins. A 40%+ discount to stamp is hard to ignore. The risk is that a lose my principal.

Fiat money is pretty easy to come by though, so its not really much of a risk Smiley

Hope you get there in time. How are you doing it?

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
sgbett
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 01:35:53 PM

sepa. bank usually turns it round same day so it just depends how long gox take to "KYC/AML" me!

I would hope, as they seem to be doing nothing else, that part won't take to long!

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
T.Stuart

Activity: 644

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 01:41:56 PM

sepa. bank usually turns it round same day so it just depends how long gox take to "KYC/AML" me!

I would hope, as they seem to be doing nothing else, that part won't take to long!

We could be seeing the first upward movement from them now. Although I think this is probably from those who were waiting but now want to buy in before the chance that trading is shut off while the "solution" Karpeles spoke about recently is implemented.

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
sgbett
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 01:49:32 PM

Nail biting stuff! I always seem to end up this way when dealing with BTC. Usually its waiting for confirmations on the block chain.

Hoping its a dead cat bounce Wink  snagging a bunch of coins for $300 would be quite something. (provided the 'moon' assumption holds! hehe)

sgbett
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 03:25:58 PM

takagari
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 03:46:48 PM

At this Point Gox sacrificed Bitcoin to try and save their own asses, Playing the "We are completely legit, it was Bitcoin that caused this" card.
Damaging Bitcoin globally, which is easy to see.
I'll never touch Gox again, I frankly could care less what they fix or implement.
BitchicksHusband

Activity: 378
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 03:49:58 PM

Interesting. Is there any exchange that hasn't suspended withdrawals?

I got USD from a Coinbase withdrawal yesterday, but the ACH was already in the pipeline before this news.  Considering they use Bitstamp, which has in fact suspended withdrawals temporarily, I'm not sure what would happen now.

I'm certainly not selling at this depressed price like some Nervous Nellies.

I'm actually kind of bummed my cash flow situation is such I can't buy some right now.  My position is definitely long-term hold, though.

While I didn't withdraw, Coinbase looked like they would still honor a withdrawal yesterday.  They're usually pretty upfront about stuff.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
sraosha

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 05:46:15 PM

Interesting. Is there any exchange that hasn't suspended withdrawals?
Kraken. Super tiny volume, but it works.

Bitfinex
Bitcoin_is_here_to_stay

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 05:47:22 PM

this is why i have removed mtgox from cryptocoincharts.info ! the price on mtgox is not a bitcoin price. its something completely different. nobody should bother about the prices on mtgox. but i guess pigs are stupid and all exchanges follow the downtrend

+1

We need to get gox out of the way, people are trading fiction goxbux and goxBTC, and go in goxbux because they think they have a bigger chance of recovering it.

It seems that Mark is working on BTC withdrawals, watch the price shoot to 1K as soon as BTC withdrawals work...

I was wondering it - it is not possible to withdrawn either btc or usd from Mt Gox? Initially i thought the problem was only with withdrawing btc and that that is why ppl were so desperately selling them ...

You can't withdraw either, the exchange is entirely fictional. If BTC was owned by a company, that company would be suing Mt. Gox for misrepresentation of a trademark Smiley

Wow. Looks like completely unregulated currency exchanges are not such a great idea. I understand that the names of people behind Mt Goc are at least known? But will they be prosecuted in Japan if they will just decide to never give the deposited money back to people? Hack or no hack?
Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 08:50:36 PM

Wow. Looks like completely unregulated currency exchanges are not such a great idea. I understand that the names of people behind Mt Goc are at least known? But will they be prosecuted in Japan if they will just decide to never give the deposited money back to people? Hack or no hack?

If regulation hadn't forced people to keep their fiat on there forever this wouldn't be such a mess.

It's quite credible that the 6-month lockdown on wires was caused by banks who don't dare transfer any serious amount. The software issue now is probably minor in comparison, but in combination the two created huge chaos.

While Gox screwing up is an the issue, for all we know regulation still did the larger part. The reason Gox got hit harder was supposedly Silk Road money sitting there, which also sounds credible to me.

"Regulation" really just means blocking everything for hardly any benefit. In the end it doesn't recover lost funds either.
protokol
Legendary

Activity: 1188
Merit: 1016

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 09:33:21 PM

I was thinking about trying this. I also thought that if Gox did go bust, and you'd deposited to Gox with a credit card, could you get a refund from the credit card company if they took your cash/coins?

Would it matter if your funds were in £/$ or BTC form? Say you bought 1 BTC @ £200, and Gox went under, could you claim (through your CC company) for the lost BTC's current market value, eg £500 at another exchange?)

I guess that would be highly unlikely, but the CC company might (possibly) refund the initial deposit...?

hmm could be worth a gamble.
sgbett
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 12:39:51 AM

I was thinking about trying this. I also thought that if Gox did go bust, and you'd deposited to Gox with a credit card, could you get a refund from the credit card company if they took your cash/coins?

Would it matter if your funds were in £/$ or BTC form? Say you bought 1 BTC @ £200, and Gox went under, could you claim (through your CC company) for the lost BTC's current market value, eg £500 at another exchange?)

I guess that would be highly unlikely, but the CC company might (possibly) refund the initial deposit...?

hmm could be worth a gamble.

You can only do bank transfer. SEPA in euro zone or international wire. There are other funny money solutions but no credit card option that I am aware of.

adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2014, 12:41:32 AM

LMFAO

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print