Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:11:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CPU Mining - Who will emerge Dominant?  (Read 5959 times)
Mousepotato

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Seal Cub Clubbing Club

View Profile
October 03, 2011, 09:19:13 PM

Don't know, don't care.  Whatever one yields the highest BTC ratio is the one I'm going to mine.

Mousepotato
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
grod

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 03, 2011, 09:24:39 PM

Sound advice my friend. Very nice advice Smiley

But what do you think about Solidcoin 2 Huh

Like all bitcoin chains it's created with dreams of making the founder inconcievable amounts of cash.  The trick, as with all other chains, is to beat him to the exit.  The revenue model of solidcoin makes it competitive with established, convenient, safe, etc ways to transfer money online -- yet with all the drawbacks of fringe cryptocurrencies.  It's doomed before it starts, but we haven't burned all the shitcoin investors yet so there will once again be a few thousand $ up for grabs.
Lolcust

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
October 03, 2011, 09:46:46 PM

Perhaps you wanted to say that  "The revenue model of solidcoin makes it compete with established, convenient, safe, etc ways to transfer money online -- yet with all the drawbacks of fringe cryptocurrencies", because I doubt that you're a guy would could believe that anything other than an intervention by a supernatural force could make Solidcoin 2.0 actually "competitive" compared to "established, convenient, safe etc ways to transfer money online"  Wink

Geist Geld, the experimental cryptocurrency, is ready for yet another SolidCoin collapse Wink

Feed the Lolcust!
NMC: N6YQFkH9Gn9CTm4mpGwuLB5zLzqWTWFw67
BTC: 15F8xbgRBA1XZ4hmtdFDUasroa2A5rYg8M
GEG: gK5Lx6ypWgr69Gw9yGzE6dsA7kcuCRZRK
bulanula

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 03, 2011, 10:00:14 PM

Dumped all my 176 tenebrix for 0.3 BTC not bad deal etc. mining this then dumping it as soon as it is confirmed !!

don't even feel sorry for the tbx buying sukaz  Tongue

It seems everyone cashing out TBX eg 40000 TBX already cashed out out of 60k mined so far from start etc. haha epic

if you are holding TBX then you will be left holding the bag in the end Smiley Enjoy !!!
tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 03, 2011, 10:35:06 PM

Dumped all my 176 tenebrix for 0.3 BTC not bad deal etc. mining this then dumping it as soon as it is confirmed !!

It seems everyone cashing out TBX eg 40000 TBX already cashed out out of 60k mined so far from start etc. haha epic

if you are holding TBX then you will be left holding the bag in the end Smiley Enjoy !!!

I will hold, I lost money on i0coin and solidcoin, why not lose money on Tenebrix too?  The thing is, if Tenebrix ends up like another bitcoin, they could eventually be worth dollars each, so if I mine thousands of them now and sell them off later, that's tons of profit for me at a relatively low risk.

This is exactly why people are buying them from you for nothing too -- 10BTC for 20000 TBX now, but if the price of TBX skyrockets, you'll make a lot more than that same $50 you would get from bitcoin.  You might be throwing out your cash, but you also might be betting on the right number on a roulette wheel.

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
bulanula

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 03, 2011, 11:54:23 PM

I will hold, I lost money on i0coin and solidcoin, why not lose money on Tenebrix too?  The thing is, if Tenebrix ends up like another bitcoin, they could eventually be worth dollars each, so if I mine thousands of them now and sell them off later, that's tons of profit for me at a relatively low risk.

This is exactly why people are buying them from you for nothing too -- 10BTC for 20000 TBX now, but if the price of TBX skyrockets, you'll make a lot more than that same $50 you would get from bitcoin.  You might be throwing out your cash, but you also might be betting on the right number on a roulette wheel.

So far no chain except bitcoin ever reached $1 (except Namecoin which actually has a use except fairy dust WOW gold currency). Why would it ever reach that value ? Bitcoin is special. It is the biggest, cannot be attacked and the most established as was first created and limited 21 million supply. Nothing can really match that.

Enjoy getting stuck with your tenebrix !

I also sell my dog poop for $1 each. MAYBE in 100 years dog poop used as rocketship fuel so I'm holding it  Grin
racerguy

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 03, 2011, 11:59:09 PM

Just took my 3000 off the exchange (1000 were bought @0.004), I'm balls out for the big score with this one.
tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 04, 2011, 12:25:18 AM

So far no chain except bitcoin ever reached $1 (except Namecoin which actually has a use except fairy dust WOW gold currency). Why would it ever reach that value ? Bitcoin is special. It is the biggest, cannot be attacked and the most established as was first created and limited 21 million supply. Nothing can really match that.

I also sell my dog poop for $1 each. MAYBE in 100 years dog poop used as rocketship fuel so I'm holding it  Grin

Well, I do have $10 of disposable income to invest as I please, and if the amount tenebrix costs goes up by orders of magnitude and I make $1000, every $10 I've put into every new block chain so far will be well worth it.  I mean, it's really not too complicated, if people make 100 new block chains and one of them turns out to be useful and you invest a little money in it early on, you can easily make lots back later.  So I'm not worried.

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
worldinacoin (OP)

Activity: 756

View Profile
October 04, 2011, 05:53:17 AM

Well the higher the risk, the greater the reward, perhaps I should target one of such coins Smiley

Well, I do have $10 of disposable income to invest as I please, and if the amount tenebrix costs goes up by orders of magnitude and I make $1000, every $10 I've put into every new block chain so far will be well worth it.  I mean, it's really not too complicated, if people make 100 new block chains and one of them turns out to be useful and you invest a little money in it early on, you can easily make lots back later.  So I'm not worried.
phelix
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1019

View Profile
October 04, 2011, 08:58:14 AM

[...]

did you calculate this through with energy costs?
Lolcust

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
October 04, 2011, 10:43:06 AM

If he's running it on his mining rig at idle priority while mining other coins, the increase in power consumption compared to not running TBX and just letting the cpu burn electricity idling should be quite negligible.

Geist Geld, the experimental cryptocurrency, is ready for yet another SolidCoin collapse Wink

Feed the Lolcust!
phelix
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1019

View Profile
October 04, 2011, 05:57:09 PM

If he's running it on his mining rig at idle priority while mining other coins, the increase in power consumption compared to not running TBX and just letting the cpu burn electricity idling should be quite negligible.
even like that it is still around or slightly below energy costs for me at the moment
Lolcust

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
October 04, 2011, 06:02:20 PM

Aren't energy costs covered by the "GPU" part of the operation ?

Feed the Lolcust!
sd

Activity: 730

View Profile
October 04, 2011, 06:09:32 PM

Aren't energy costs covered by the "GPU" part of the operation ?

No. If you max out your CPU it will use more power than an idle CPU. On some CPUs it may be cheaper to buy the coins than pay the extra electricity costs, particularly if you use air-conditioning to get rid of the excess heat.
Lolcust

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
October 04, 2011, 06:10:59 PM

Errrr... max out != mine at idle priority, no ?

Feed the Lolcust!
Bobnova

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 04, 2011, 06:11:33 PM

Adding unprofitable mining to profitable mining doesn't make the unprofitable mining profitable.

Been thinking about it, and I've decided it'll definitely be tenebrix.
Think about it:

1) Built specifically for botnet use.
2) Laundry.
1 + 2 = 3) Ideal currency for botnet herders to use for other illegal activities.

Presto!

Sidenote:  Idle priority uses any spare CPU cycles, resulting in 100% CPU load at all times.
You can't do work on a CPU without burning power, it doesn't matter what priority you assign.

BTC:  1AURXf66t7pw65NwRiKukwPq1hLSiYLqbP
worldinacoin (OP)

Activity: 756

View Profile
October 04, 2011, 06:30:05 PM

I think it is a nice complement to bitcoin mining.  Bitcoin takes up all the GPU hashes, whereas the CPU cycles can be used to mine tenebrix, fairbrix or solidcoin2.0.  We can ensure that our rigs or computers are fully utilized.
ArtForz

Activity: 406
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 04, 2011, 07:24:01 PM

Dunno, it's still plenty profitable around here, and that's at $0.30/kWh...
Unless you have a P4 or pay like $1/kWh ... how on earth do you end up with a loss?

bitcoin: 1Fb77Xq5ePFER8GtKRn2KDbDTVpJKfKmpz
i0coin: jNdvyvd6v6gV3kVJLD7HsB5ZwHyHwAkfdw
Bobnova

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 04, 2011, 08:05:02 PM

Things have chance, BTX was .001 at that time.
No pool + current difficulty means finding a block is rough, too.
I'm going to slap it on the simplecoin pool and see what happens.

BTC:  1AURXf66t7pw65NwRiKukwPq1hLSiYLqbP
Lolcust

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
October 04, 2011, 08:18:22 PM

Things have chance, BTX was .001 at that time.
No pool + current difficulty means finding a block is rough, too.
I'm going to slap it on the simplecoin pool and see what happens.

Eeee, simplecoin already has TBX if I recall correctly...

Feed the Lolcust!
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: