Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 08:17:07 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BISTAMP!  (Read 1803 times)
zakalwe (OP)

Activity: 445
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 10:13:06 AM

Hi all, I am tring to withdraw fiat from bitstamp. I am their customer since more than a year and I already withdrew fiat. Now a couple of days ago I tried to withdraw and since they didn't I wrote to support. Here their answer:

"We received your withdrawal request. As your withdrawal request met some of our volume and frequency thresholds, we will have to kindly ask you to help us better understand the nature of your relationship with Bitstamp. In order to do so, we require that an additional KYC (know your customer) procedure is completed before we can proceed with the processing of your transfer.

We kindly ask you to send us a high resolution image double page of your international passport and answer the following KYC questionnaire:

1. How did you learn about Bitcoin?
2. What is the purpose of your trading on Bitstamp? Please describe in as much detail as possible how you intend to use your trading account.
3. Which bank are you using? Please provide the complete address and SWIFT code.
4. Estimated amount that you would be depositing/withdrawing to/from your Bitstamp account per month (in USD and BTC)?
5. What type of trading will you conduct? Buying/selling/both? Estimated trade volume per month?
6. What is the source of the funds which you are depositing to your Bitstamp account? Please provide any financial documentation which can confirm how the funds sent to your Bitstamp account were acquired.

We kindly ask you to submit your answers and documents in a reply to this ticket."

Does anybody know what's happening?Huh?'
Rannasha

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 10:14:19 AM

See also: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=406908.0
njcarlos

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 10:15:00 AM

Just answer their questions. #6 is pretty bogus though.
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 10:22:38 AM

Hi all, I am tring to withdraw fiat from bitstamp. I am their customer since more than a year and I already withdrew fiat. Now a couple of days ago I tried to withdraw and since they didn't I wrote to support. Here their answer:

"We received your withdrawal request. As your withdrawal request met some of our volume and frequency thresholds, we will have to kindly ask you to help us better understand the nature of your relationship with Bitstamp. In order to do so, we require that an additional KYC (know your customer) procedure is completed before we can proceed with the processing of your transfer.

We kindly ask you to send us a high resolution image double page of your international passport and answer the following KYC questionnaire:

1. How did you learn about Bitcoin?
2. What is the purpose of your trading on Bitstamp? Please describe in as much detail as possible how you intend to use your trading account.
3. Which bank are you using? Please provide the complete address and SWIFT code.
4. Estimated amount that you would be depositing/withdrawing to/from your Bitstamp account per month (in USD and BTC)?
5. What type of trading will you conduct? Buying/selling/both? Estimated trade volume per month?
6. What is the source of the funds which you are depositing to your Bitstamp account? Please provide any financial documentation which can confirm how the funds sent to your Bitstamp account were acquired.

We kindly ask you to submit your answers and documents in a reply to this ticket."

Does anybody know what's happening?Huh?'

relax. they have been sending those for a longer time. you triggered some kind of threshold and they want to play safe. view it as a good sign that they try to comply to laws as tight as possible. it actually adds safety towards the funds you have there.
i cannot recall anyone ever didn´t get his dollars out of stamp.
relax...
zakalwe (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 10:31:19 AM

It never happened to me. Now they removed that answer, look what they wrote:

"we apologize for the late reply.

Your case has been addressed in a related ticket: https://www.bitstamp.net/*******

Should you have any additional questions, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,"

And when I click on the link guess what? "PAGE NOT FOUND"
TERA

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 10:33:24 AM

I got that KYC thing when I was withdrawing fiat and went over $30K within a month.
dzonikg28

Activity: 1106
Merit: 508

Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 10:34:55 AM
Last edit: April 10, 2021, 04:26:12 AM by dzonikg28

Bitstamp is super solid in my eyes. Complications may always happen, but usually they are working quickly and reliably.

▄▄██████▄
    ▄████████████▄
  ▄███▀  ▀███████▀  ▄▄
 ▄████      ▀▀▀   ▄███▄
▄████             ▀████▄
█████               ▀██▀
████▌  ███      ███
▀████   ▀▀      ▀▀
 ▀████▄    ▄▄▄▄      ▄█▄
  ▀█████▄   ▀▀    ▄█████
    ▀██████▄▄▄▄███████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
████
████
████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄███▄▄
█████████████▄    ████  ▄████████▄    ▄███████████▄
█████▀    ▀████   ████  ███▀  ▀██▀   ████▀    ▀████▄
████        ████  ████  ▀████▄▄▄    ████        ████
████        ████  ████    ▀▀▀████▄  ████        ████
 ████▄    ▄████   ████  ▄██▄  ▄███   ████▄    ▄█████
  ▀██████████▀    ████  ▀████████▀    ▀█████████████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ████
                                                ████
                                                ████
.....MARKET DAY - MARCH 20TH 2023....Download Now .#...
zakalwe (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 10:49:08 AM

i widraw from bitstamp normalny this week ..in 2 days money was in mu bank account..i never had problem with bitstamp but had with my bank trowing me question where that money come from

Until today me neither had troubles; and yes even my bank called me to understand. I explained and now it's ok.

Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1013

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2014, 11:30:55 AM

Thanks OP for this topic. I wouldn't have thought they would start asking question even on the BitStamp side of business. I knew that banks would ask questions but Bitstamp, come on. This whole stuff is moving more and more to the direction of avoiding banks at all when doing bitcoin business. There is now an obvious need to launder even legit money to have less questions asked. If they start asking questions they might as well freeze your balance and this risk I'd prefer not to take at all.

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: