Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:32:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: No man should leave in the universe anything of which he is afraid...  (Read 1908 times)
Anonymous

October 02, 2011, 02:30:46 AM
Last edit: October 03, 2011, 12:13:57 AM by Immanuel Go

Always forward; never left or right.
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
genjix
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1076

View Profile
October 02, 2011, 02:56:42 AM
Last edit: October 03, 2011, 01:53:34 AM by genjix

Don't let depression get you down. Some of the best people society has ever known suffered depression. One of my heroes, Thomas Henry Huxley, had acute depression throughout his entire life.

Huxley was at the forefront of evolution with Darwin during the last century. Self-taught. autodidact. A boy who left school at ten became one of the most knowledgeable men in Britain. He reformed the entire education system in the UK and was responsible for turning biology from a hobby into a respectable profession.

When Huxley himself was young there were virtually no degrees in British universities in the biological sciences and few courses. Most biologists of his day were either self-taught, or took medical degrees. When he retired there were established chairs in biological disciplines in most universities, and a broad consensus on the curricula to be followed. Huxley was the single most influential person in this transformation.
Huxley founded the X Club which founded the journal Nature.

Huxley's interest in education went still further than school and university classrooms; he made a great effort to reach interested adults of all kinds: after all, he himself was largely self-educated. There were his lecture courses for working men, many of which were published afterwards... and so was the free library organised by the college, an idea which was widely copied. Huxley thought, and said, that the men who attended were as good as any country squire. The technique of printing his more popular lectures in periodicals which were sold to the general public was extremely effective... Its theme — that vital action is nothing more than "the result of the molecular forces of the protoplasm which displays it" — shocked the audience.

Sadly Thomas Henry Huxley suffered depression throughout his lifetime. Many others in his family were mentally ill. Several descendents from first to third generation of his suffered severe depresson, some committing suicide.

You look really young. And there are still a huge amount of things that will happen in your life. Try to enjoy yourself. Just have fun Smiley We live in incredible times. Everything is moving forwards quickly and we're a part of that, simply by participating in cyber-space.

JeffK

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

I never hashed for this...

View Profile
October 02, 2011, 03:35:47 AM

No, you're thinking of amphetamines
JeffK

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

I never hashed for this...

View Profile
October 02, 2011, 03:38:27 AM

Speed makes everyone objectively better.

OBJECTIVELY BETTER,
CornedBeefHash

October 02, 2011, 03:57:41 AM
Last edit: October 09, 2012, 06:44:44 PM by CornedBeefHash

Bla bla
HolodeckJizzmopper

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 02, 2011, 04:56:41 AM

While still fallible to the quirks of the human condition, I find myself achieving what I truly wish to achieve in my life. I have taken on more skills than I ever before, seduced more women than before and have been happier than I have ever been before.

Easy there, Architect. I think you missed an "ergo" somewhere in your ramblings.
FAtlas

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2011, 05:12:25 AM

So does this mean you had good results from stalking that girl at that football game?
bitcola

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2011, 05:50:17 AM

Well something similar to the drug does exist, it is used by people to stay awake but still feeling fresh. But it also enhances your mental functions too. I have heard of some people taking it daily but still getting normal amounts of sleep for this very purpose.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modafinil

bosschair

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 02, 2011, 08:26:38 AM

Obviously my sculpting was not in vain.

Obviously.
Rarity

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Look upon me, BitcoinTalk, for I...am...Rarity!

View Profile
October 02, 2011, 10:25:38 PM

Interesting Immanuel, I feel like I've reached a similar level of personal clarity by looking outward and trying to embrace all of humanity as a part of my community and a part of myself.  Everything is very interconnected, even across borders and oceans.  You should try some group meditation or yoga if you feel like you want to take it to another level.  Great way to meet open minded chicks too. Wink

"Money is like manure: Spread around, it helps things grow. Piled up in one place, it just stinks."
Mousepotato

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Seal Cub Clubbing Club

View Profile
October 06, 2011, 04:48:00 PM

A fool and his money are soon Bitcoin miner

Mousepotato
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2011, 11:23:47 PM

hey, unknown forum guy i was playing with Matthew's camera  Cheesy

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: